Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Subaru Crew - Meet The Members II

Comments

• Options
    hypovhypov Member Posts: 3,068
  • Options
    p0926p0926 Member Posts: 4,423
    Lonewulf- Considering you ordered a pretty loaded TS wagon, I think you did pretty good. I calculated the invoice to be $19,347 and you're paying less than $500 over that for a new model year vehicle. The bigger question is why are you comparing prices with a Legacy wagon? They are two different models targeted at different markets. Assuming that you picked the TS wagon because it best suited your needs/likes, how it compares price wise to another model is a moot point.

-Frank P.
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Pat: you make the OCD Club proud. :-)

What kind of oil do you spray on the undercarriage? (see, now you got me started again!)

lonewulf: price varies a lot by region, so of course there are some that could find a better price, and certainly others that paid more. Yours is also pretty loaded up with options.

If the dealer treated you right and you like the car, that's what counts. Factory order means noone test drove it, too.

Most important - congrats! Welcome to the Crew!

Tirerack has WRX take-off rims for $79 each. Or try Discount Tire Direct's specials, I found 16"x7"s a while back for $75 a pop, and that's wider than the WRX rims.

Happy Halloween everyone! Tati looks great as Tinkerbell, better than I would have looked, trust me! I decided to dress as a Hobo, but we're doing an elaborate skit with ambulance-chasing laywers where I'm a victim.

I'll get some pics later and share them. Don't forget to buy candy for the kids. :-)

-juice
  • Options

A cowboy, a lawyer, and a Hobo (me).

We were Law Partners Dewey, Cheathem, and Howe demonstrating how to behave after an accident in order to obtain the most money via lawsuits.

It was pretty hilarious and I don't think I got fired. ;-)

-juice

• Options
    Enjoy and be safe everyone. :)

-Dave
  • Options
    subaru_teamsubaru_team Member Posts: 1,676
    Thanks Steve. My husband is planning on cooking me a nice dinner on Sunday and he carved a pumpkin for me today. No car rides allowed yet. I'll be happy to chat with you all soon when this is over!

Juice, great photo!

Wishing you lot's of treats and no tricks!

Patti
  • Options
    hondafriekhondafriek Member Posts: 2,984
    Good photo, hope you enjoy your halloween,as regards the undercarriage, actually I have them do inside the doors and rocker panels, as well as inside the quarters.

we have a number of different outfits here the best being Crown rust control, its a once a year thing, if you have the car done from new they will guarantee it against rust out for as long as you own the car.

This stuff works, you can remove any bolt under the car without resorting to heating, or impact wrenchs , or any other form of brutal intervention, you just loosen the bolt and screw it all the way out with your fingers I have done numerous times when my cars got older.

You have seen photos of my eight and ten year old cars they were still all origional with no rust, I guarantee you that I have no trouble selling my cars when the time comes.( by the way the stuff they use is enviromentally friendly)

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    Good luck and all the best on Monday,will be thinking of you on that day.

cheers Pat.
  • Options
    armac13armac13 Member Posts: 1,129
    today, Halloween must be an official holiday in the States.
    :-)

Ross
  • Options
    lucien2lucien2 Member Posts: 2,984
    went to Soigne for dinner tonight.....we were the ONLY table. they have a reservation for a duece at 7:30 and a three top at 8:30. That's it. (!!!)
  • Options
    hammersleyhammersley Member Posts: 684
    Juice: Dewey, Cheatem & Howe is a restaurant here in Spokane... doesn't cater to lawyers, though!

My sister used to work for a firm in SFO that was affectionately (?) referred to as Browbeat, Plague 'em & Harass 'em.

Got a soldier, Batman, and a princess at our house tonight... but too cold (9F) to go too far from home... a couple neighbors, over to my Dad's, then to the school for a Halloween carnival in the nice, warm gym.

Happy Halloween all!
    Cheers!
    Paul
  • Options
    fibber2fibber2 Member Posts: 3,786
    Mommy spent days and probably the best part of $100 making Emily an terrific Rapunzle costume. People stopped us on the street this evening to ask where we got it. Good haul of candy!!

Steve
  • Options
    ladywclassladywclass Member Posts: 1,713
    My girls all liked going to the Renaissance festival held every year near Houston in October. One year I made all of us (3 girls and me!) peasant blouses and skirts with attached petticoats with the skirts pinned to show a part of the petticoat ....
    They thought it was so coolllll ... lol
  • Options
    Pat: that treatment sounds cool. What do you pay per treatment?

Indeed, I've seen rust on every car I've been under, usually even within a year. They salt the roads here in DC, too.

Loosh: I hope the service was good! We had some curry on Wednesday night for our 9th Anniversary, and it was mouth watering.

Did anyone make the chat? Probably not a lot of parents with young kids.

Anyone else have a really bad candy hangover? :-)

-juice
  • Options
    lark6lark6 Member Posts: 2,565
    Patti: my presence in Town Hall has been sporadic at best this fall - this week probably the most in a while. I do hope you know that I'll be thinking of you next week and offer my hopes and prayers for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Ed
  • Options
    yellowbikedon1yellowbikedon1 Member Posts: 94
    Marianne andI will be thinking of you Monday. Know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Don
  • Options
    strider98strider98 Member Posts: 89
  • Options
    Treatment is $90 Canadian a year, but money well spent in my estimation especially when you keep cars a long time as I do.

Even after a year you can still see this stuff creeping out of all the seams, when I wash I do under the doors as well as the jambs and door edges, when I wash there is always a layer of oily dirt in these areas, this is proof for me of the protection offered.

Its interesting, they have a 1982 Accord as a demo vehicle, driven every winter in Ottawa and there is still no rust and it is origional paint, the eighty two to eighty four Accords were known for rusting, this car has over 160,000 miles on it.

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    kenskens Member Posts: 5,869
    Pat,

I haven't forgotten about the photos I promised you during chat last night. I just need to find them first...

Ken
  • Options
    bsvollerbsvoller Member Posts: 528
    Hear, hear. All our best to you and good luck.

-brianV
  • Options
    No problem, just when you have the time, Thanks.

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    mrk610mrk610 Member Posts: 378
    All the best to you . Get well soon.
  • Options
    Pat,

Just emailed the photos to your email listed in your profile.

Ken
  • Options
    E-mailed you back thanks for taking the time, I now have a comparison against stock.

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
  • Options
    Good Luck and Speedy Recovery :)

-Dave
  • Options
    lilbluewgn02lilbluewgn02 Member Posts: 1,089
    good luck to you today
    Serge
  • Options
    lucien2lucien2 Member Posts: 2,984
    Best wishes for a speedy, all-wheel-driven recovery!
  • Options
    rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
  • Options
    rangerron7rangerron7 Member Posts: 317
  • Options
  • Options
    jimmyp1jimmyp1 Member Posts: 640
  • Options
    jfljfl Member Posts: 1,396
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Positive thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery headed your way today.
  • Options
    Good luck today, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Cheers Pat.
  • Options
    yellowbikedon1yellowbikedon1 Member Posts: 94
    Our thoughts are with you. Marianne and Don
  • Options
    kate5000kate5000 Member Posts: 1,271
    from you West Coast friends...
  • Options
    kate5000kate5000 Member Posts: 1,271
    Oldtimers on this board may remember how I got into a crash (in my brand new Forester) on my vacations in Vegas in Nov 2000. Two years later, bad luck strikes again!

I was travelling in South America with my Dad, and we both had a great time until we got badly mugged in Buenos Aires: at 10am on Sat 10/26, at the intersection of 2 major streets (Ave de Mayo and 9th Julio) with a lot of people and tourists all around (many many witnesses testified later at the police station). A gang of 4 people quickly approached us and suddenly poured some synthetic paint over our heads and faces. Then they tried to snatch our bags. I was able to hold onto mine, but my Dad (68) gave in... And we were on our way to exchange some dollars into pesos, for which Argentina requires to have a passport... Arggh! Add to this that my Dad lives in the US on the green card but has a passport of another country... It's a nightmare to get re-entry permit back to the US these days, with these type of docs being lost or stolen.

So we had to miss the rest of the tour, staying in Buenos Aires (there's nothing "buenos" about it, btw), trying to rectify Dad's docs, re-arrange flight tickets, etc, while the rest of the group enjoyed Southern Andes (what I wanted to see the most) and Chile.

On a bright side, steak and wine is increadibly good and cheap in Argentina... and I had so much time to practice tango on the BA streets, that can dance it almost professionally by now. Tango lessons, anyone?

-- Kate, back at home
    (licking financial and phsycological wounds)

P.S. I'll publish the results of contest for Subaru sightings a bit later.
  • Options
    armac13armac13 Member Posts: 1,129
    I'm glad to hear that you survived your ordeal, but shocked and saddened that you had it. Be sure to talk about the trauma as much as you wish to. Research demonstrates that for most people, the worst thing you can do is to "be brave, put it behind you, and just get on with life". Let out the hurt, frustration and anger while it is still fresh and largely conscious.

Maybe you need a change of pace for vacations. The Comox Valley is peaceful, quiet, and quite beautiful. I have noticed that the National Car Rental outlet in Courtenay always has at least one Subaru available, sometimes as many as three. I think they normally have about 12 cars at a time total! I definitely live in Subaru Country, the next best thing to owning one. Please take care Kate.

Ross (having lost your email address :-(
  • Options
    so sorry to hear your fun vacation didn't ride the way you'd optimistically envisioned.
    Glad to know y'all made it back in the warm comfort of home.

-Dave
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about such an unfortunate incident during your vacation. I can't believe it happened in such an open and populated area. That's just awful. I'm glad that you were able to walk away without physical harm.

Ken
  • Options
    jfljfl Member Posts: 1,396
    Glad to have you back safely on the left coast. That's a pretty traumatic mugging!

Jim
  • Options
    Glad that you and your dad are OK...
    Serge
  • Options
    fibber2fibber2 Member Posts: 3,786
    An amazing story! I am so sorry to hear that your trip ended on such a sour note. But I think our good doctor has an excellent point - scream and rant until you get it out of your system.

Steve
  • Options
    Any word on Patti?
  • Options
    Glad you made it back okay but what a Bummer! Ross gave you some good advice, take it and it will help with the healing process.

-Frank P.
  • Options
    That's horrible. Glad to hear that you and your dad are okay. I hope he is able to get his passport situation resolved. What a bummer. :(

Bob
  • Options
    Hoping for a speedy and full recovery! :)

Bob
  • Options
    bluesubiebluesubie Member Posts: 3,497
    A little late on this, but hope everything went well.

-Dennis
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Owww...that just plain stinks. So sorry your vacation was ruined.