Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saturn Outlook Problems

2»

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    emmat86 said:

I just bought my Saturn Outlook XR (2008) about 2 months ago. My air quit working all together about 3 weeks ago. Replaced the blower motor to discover that my a/c was now not working. A mechanic has diagnosed the problem as being the low pressure line due to hoses rubbing together and causing a leak. I see that this is an extremely common problem in these vehicles and am wondering why there has been no recall?!?! It's very frustrating to have a vehicle that you are spending more on repairs than the payments you are making!!!!

We definitely recognize your frustration, emmat86, and we're sorry to hear about this issue with your air conditioning. We understand you've had your Saturn Outlook diagnosed by a mechanic and expect you're planning to move forward with repairs. If there is anything we can look into in the future, please know we're available via private message to assist.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • cyberthingycyberthingy Member Posts: 1
    My wife has a 2009 Outlook XE that has had prior emissions related failures but she is now faced with a huge repair bill. We originally took her car into a local repair shop becuase it was running poorly and at reduced power. The repair shop replaced 2 of the 6 coils and the spark plugs. My step son went and picked up the vehicle and it stalled on the way home from the repair shop. It was then towed back to the repair shop and sat for a couple months while the mechanics tried to figure out the source of the issue. He did find a service code leading to the catalytic converter but assumed it was more likely a fuel delivery issue. In the end, he threw his arms up and said he couldn't figure it out. We then had it towed to Lone Star Chevy in Cypress, TX where after a couple days they have told us the catalytic converts have failed and the insides have disintegrated and ultimately clogged the exhaust pipes thereby choking the engine. They want 3500 dollars to repair the vehicle. The service writer claims the damage was caused by driving the vehicle for too long while not running properly. Whaaaaat? Apparently the emissions warranty expired 6000 miles ago at 80,000 and even if it were under warranty it would not be honored because of supposed neglect. I doubt I'll ever buy a Chevy product after this kind of problem and treatment.
  • fire41dancerfire41dancer Member Posts: 1
    I purchaed a 2007 outlook just over two years ago. Loved the size for my growing family... However its been one nightmare after another. Timing chain was repaired, waveplate transmission repaired, fuel pump repaired... Struts need to be replaced...sunroofs leak from every possible crack... Currently have a service air bag light on... No wonder they leak water... I love getting rained on inside my car. My tailgate closes on you as you unload the car...just put a brand new battery in...And its currently in the shop getting a muffler fixed. Can't wait to see what damage this water is causing. Only thing GM fixed was the timing chain. I'll never get out from under this vehicle and at this rate it will be my last GM vehicle. Raised near motor city and many gm plants but I can no longer support a company that can't fess up to making a poorly designed vehicle. These should all be taken off the roadways. No one should have to deal with the burden of an unreliable vehicle.  

• shelley20shelley20 Member Posts: 3
    I have 07 outlook. When I slow down the car shakes,  says traction control off, engine power reduced. The car has to be shut off and wait a few minutes. We replaced a cam shafts sensor and it's still doing it. It's getting worse...i can barely afford to have it put on a computer. Has anyone else had this problem? 

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    No easy way out of intermittent problems like this. A technician will have to have his scanner hooked up as the problem is happening, in order to isolate the cause. You might do a "static" scan to see if any ABS codes show up.
  • shelley20shelley20 Member Posts: 3
    It's throwing about 8 codes. I can't afford to replace all the sensors and they aren't narrowing narrowing down to one. 
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    And just because a sensor is triggered doesn't mean that the sensor itself is bad.
  • LauralynnLauralynn Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone else still have the Saturn Outlook 2008? I’ve had so many issues including transmission costly repairs and air bag lights which were supposed to have been checked before and now they don’t want to diagnose
    without a very ridiculous high fee to even recheck. Guess it will take an accident and lawsuit in order to get GM to open their pocketbook to pay for repairs if air bag is faulty!! It had a recall while back and they claim to have repaired but light still on! The transmission issues, shocks early on, coolant issues water pump, and many others but we needed this passenger vehicle to carry our family it’s just not reliable. 

Anyone have a lawsuit in place Im willing to bring my service documents and join you!