Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Report Your Local Gas Prices Here (retired discussion, please see the new one)

Comments

• Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Regular....2.77.9 per gallon!! :mad:
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,169
    I'm in Bellevue too...I usually use the Chevron on 148th or the one on Northup/20th

Just got the new car today, and it has a full tank of gas...so I'll be happy for a few weeks.
  • Options
    millspdmillspd Member Posts: 104
    Regular is 2.77 (I round those silly 9/10th things up) at the Dominicks grocery store (usually the cheapest around here)
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Try Costco in Issaquah. Usually 15 cents less. The lines can be a pain though.
  • Options
    My time and sanity is worth more than that. I live in downtown Bellevue...I can't see driving more than a couple miles for gas. The Chevron on 148th has cheap milk, too.
  • Options
    iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    you stand a good chance of idling in traffic or adjusting your speed up and down so much because of the heavy traffic that you'll waste more ghastly just getting to that station with the lower price, eh, fintail? :)

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• Options
    210delray210delray Member Posts: 4,721
    ...with prices jumping about 20 cents or so seemingly in a matter of days (about a week or so ago), but we're still on the cheap side, with the nearly uniform price at all stations of $2.499 for 87 and a 10-cent spread for the higher grades. We're even cheaper than in Georgia - hard to believe!

So, I filled up my '98 Nissan Frontier last night for its highest total ever - around $33.50 for 13.4 gallons (tank only holds 15.9 gallons).

Yeah, it's time to ditch that silly 9/10th of a cent. It might have meant something when gas was 30 cents a gallon, but it's just stupid now.
  • Options
    The speculators are driving the price of oil up and up because of fear, pure and simple. Fear that terrorists will seriously disrupt the oil supply, and fear that consumption in China and India will grow by leaps and bounds.

Obviously, if the price goes up, the oil companies make more money. I don't think they're behind the scenes manipulating the speculators though.

If only we could send the terrorist thugs who took out the World Trade Center and all of their cronies on a one-way trip to Mars. That way, they can turn back the clock to the first millennium or shoot each other first as their oxygen runs out, whatever, just so the we don't have to deal with them anymore.

I mean, we had maybe 10 years from the fall of the bad-guy Commies to the rise of these creeps! The world deserves better!
  • Options
    KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Post 701 - I'd love to pay those prices again...

kcram - Pickups Host
  • Options
    Aaah back in the days before the great gouge began

I remember paying 98 cents for 89 octane back around Christmas 1998. I remember taking a long trip in 1996 and not smiling about paying $1.65 for the same gas.

$2.89 for premium at Chevron in Bellevue WA.

And unfortunately, it still seems economical to operate those blasted gas powered leaf blowers.
  • Options
    Yes, those were remarkable days, the late 90s, before everything blew up in our faces.

Regular gas went down to about 80 cents/gallon here, the stock market was booming, and some economists were declaring that recessions were a thing of the past.

I knew even then it was too good to be true.

But I never thought we'd have anything like 9/11. :(
  • Options
    I bet profits and corporate welfare weren't at the same levels then either. 9/11 can be used to explain a lot of this...some of it justifiably, some of it not.

I wonder if a national average of $3/gallon will have any psychological implications for the economy. It's a barrier. I'm glad I don't own a big SUV or sell them.
  • Options
    anonymouspostsanonymousposts Member Posts: 3,802
    in 1995 gas prices fluctuated between $.69-$.99 here in Georgia. Considering we lived about 120 miles apart we spend a lot on gas even back then. I couldn't imagine doing that now.
  • Options
    kmagkmag Member Posts: 98
    87 octane was 2.58 at nearly all stations along I-70 this weekend in Ohio and eastern PA.

I filled up Saturday on the way out of Columbus for 2.51.

When I got back on Sunday the same station was down to 2.48. And it was 2.41 today in the small town where I work, down almost 20 cents from last week.
  • Options
    rockshocka1rockshocka1 Member Posts: 310
    reg $2.459
    mid $2.579
    super $2.679

diesel same as 87, $2.459. First time in a long time.
  • Options
    KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Sunoco truck stop, Palisades Park NJ

87 - $2.539
    89 - $2.639
    93 - $2.719
    94 - $2.759
    diesel - $2.459

(sigh)

kcram - Pickups Host
  • Options
    87 - $2.479
    89 - $2.579
    93 - $2.679

All at Hess.

Liberty is $2.489 for 87.

Sheetz is still at the "standard price" of $2.499 for 87 and the same for newly installed diesel.
  • Options
    lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    87 = $2.629
    89 = $2.729
    93= $2.829
    94 Ultra = $2.919

In Manayunk and South Philly, the prices are at least 7 cents more per grade.
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    87 is still holding at $2.55, but premium has been bouncing back and forth between $2.79 and $2.85. And it's not moving in unison at all the stations. Seems like one day one place has it down and then it's back up while it drops at a couple of other places.
  • Options
    andre1969andre1969 Member Posts: 25,687
    really close gaps between the grades here. This morning, the Shell station was at...
    87: $2.759
    89: $2.829
    93: $2.919

I think the Citgo is something like...

87: $2.699
    89: $2.769
    93: $2.859
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    There are a pair of Exxons across the street from each other and prices were frightening:

87 was 2.959
    89 was 3.059
    93 was 3.159

Ouch. In this area go to the Costco in Laurel, MD and you'd save a fortune.

-juice
  • Options
    on the Costco gas station, because they wouldn't take my AAA credit card that gives me 5% off. I'd have to use a check card, losing the 5% off, which made the cheaper Costco prices a wash.

There's a Costco in Laurel?! Isn't that awfully close to their Arundel Mills store? :confuse:
  • Options
    Frightening indeed!

My son who just moved to LA says 87 there is $2.699 at Arco (with ethanol blended in), and $2.739 at many other places.

I never thought the East Coast would exceed CA in prices!

Fortunately for me, gas taxes are lower in VA than in MD.
  • Options
    mark156mark156 Member Posts: 1,915
    Do you folks think gas is really that much different (the formula) from one station compared to the next?

I use BP/Amoco, Exxon and Chevron and have gone to Costco when I'm in that area (12 miles from the house). I really don't know what kind of gas Costco uses but octane is octane, right?

I've always kinda stuck to the name brands and usually never go to Citco, Arco (because it's cash only and not regular credit card). I never use 7/11 gas or Circle K or those type of stations that are small. I guess I have this false sense that the gas is not as good there.

My .02 worth, Mark
    2010 Land Rover LR4, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Bentley GTC, 1990 MB 500SL, 2001 MB S500, 2007 Lincoln TC, 1964 RR Silver Cloud III, 1995 MB E320 Cab., 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach
  • Options
    When I lived in NW WA, I knew a few people who had worked at local refineries or knew people who did. They told me to stay away from ARCO, although I had used it for years in the fintail and it ran just fine.

My old MB tech insisted on Chevron gas, and techron fuel system cleaner. So I've used that for the past few years.

i have my doubts about there being much of a difference, save for proprietary additives
  • Options
    VA is better than DC or MD. DC costs more than MD on average, but Montgomery County is so high I think they set the records.

Cheap gas is 5+ miles or so from my house, anything closer is pricey.

I always fill up if I'm in VA for any reason. Even Tysons Corner is a lot cheaper than anything in Montgomery County.

The Costco is on Route 1, maybe it's not quite Laurel, what's that town north of College Park called?

-juice
  • Options
    Beltsville...I forgot all about that Costco! That one's closer than Arundel Mills, but also more crowded, harder to get to, poorer service/selection, and a nastier clientele. No wonder I mentally blocked that one out! :P
  • Options
    Cheap gas, but you gotta wait in line across the street, that setup is rather bizarre.

But boy is it ever cheap!

-juice
  • Options
    ...I prefer Sunoco Ultra or Amoco Ultimate. I stay away from Wawa, 7-Eleven, or any other no-name fuel associated with a convenience store. Who knows what that stuff is. It could be a 50/50 mixture of kerosene and water with rocks, sticks, and bugs in it!
  • Options
    bryanbryan Member Posts: 198
    Funny how my experience is opposite. I live in Arlington, VA, where this past Sunday, 87 octane on Lee Hiway was 2.62 to 2.69; 2.72 at Lee Hiway/Glebe Road; 2.69 at the Glebe Rd/Rt 66 Sunoco. Same day I bought for 2.55 at Citgo in Denton, MD; it was 2.51at Exxon in Denton, and yes, I was po'd at myself for not waiting another mile ;) Their prices were the same when I drove down Friday morning, so I took the chance :shades:

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I routinely find gas to be cheaper in MD on the way to the coast, and sometimes it is a little cheaper than that in Rehoboth Beach, DE. However, it was not this past weekend, as gas was at 2.59.
  • Options
    Our local Etna station (you know, like the volcano) just recently switched its name to Kangaroo! (I'm not making this up.) It is a convenience store, sandwiched between Chevron and BP stations.
  • Options
    The wife informs me that 87 dropped 6 cents yesterday afternoon at the large convenience store chain she fills up at. Hopefully I'll get out this morning and the drop will have reached us!

PF Flyer
    Host
    News & Views, Wagons, & Hybrid Vehicles

The Subaru Crew Chat is on tonight. The chat room opens at 8:45PM ET Hope to see YOU there! Check out the schedule
  • Options
    Yeah, I guess it's Montgomery County specifically that is pricey.

I go to the same beaches and gas is cheaper in OC, MD, than it is in any of the beaches in Deleware.

Denton is the boondocks to me! ;)

-juice
  • Options
    rockshocka1rockshocka1 Member Posts: 310
    Kangaroo has been part of the number one convenience chains in the southeast for a long time (Pantry). I'm curious how their prices compare to the Chevron & BP stores you mentioned. The closest one to the BP I fill up at is a couple blocks away, but they charge more than the BP.
  • Options
    Analyst says that market is looking for any excuse to raise prices, i.e. storms:

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/business/12478768.htm
  • Options
    I filled up in southern VA, off I-95, for something like $2.55 per gallon for 87 octane. Saw it as cheap as $2.53 in Emporia. Should've filled up there, I guess!
  • Options
    anonymouspostsanonymousposts Member Posts: 3,802
    $2.50 here in west Georgia.
  • Options
    Prices generally are holding, but the big speculation run up may have run out of steam. Interesting reading :

http://biz.yahoo.com/cbsm/050824/201ff6a392354a6bac5be8342b2ec5bc.html

"The oil market is starting to respond to every piece of news the market can muster -- a tell tale sign of deep speculation within the sector.
    Not unlike the jittery low conviction speculators of the dot-com era, once traders begin to exit positions on light news and inelastic tops, the turn is usually not far away."
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    so, how much price difference per gallon is necessary to spur you all to drive somewhere else for the better price? I won't even cross the street for a 2-3 cents difference. I think I need about ten cents difference to motivate me to drive a distance away to get the "bargain gas".-- and it might have to be even a little more for me to put some "Kangaroo" gas in my tank.
  • Options
    It would have to be a huge difference for me to drive anywhere special. The time is just not worth saving a couple bucks, not to mention probably using that much gas to get there and back.

Stagnant at $2.89 for premium at Chevron in Bellevue WA
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    just noticed the price of regular went from 259.9 to 263.9.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    I won't travel out of my way to buy gas for a few cents less per gallons. But luckily, I pass several gas stations on my commute to work (which is the opposite direction from town), and when I go into town on evenings or weekends, there are several more on the way.

In my Frontier, I have to fill up only about every two weeks, and in the Camry my wife drives, fill ups are even less frequent (unless we use it for a long trip).
  • Options
    Some of our stations dropped 6 cents to $2.49 today. I'm not chalking it up to coincidence that today was thelast day of arrival weekend at the university and most of those leaving town had already filled up ;)
  • Options
    600kgolfgt600kgolfgt Member Posts: 690
    Breaking news - according a major cable news report I saw about an hour ago, oil futures have just increased $4/barrel to record highs. The gas stations are probably upping those pump prices as we speak... :cry:
  • Options
    ghuletghulet Member Posts: 2,564
    ....I was driving to the south suburbs, and when I got about halfway there, I noticed I was dangerously close to running out of gas (this happens frequently; I'll leave home with about 1/4 tank, get on the interstate, then notice the gauge has seriously gone down; my brother's Blazer typically runs out when the gauge shows 1/8 tank). Anywho, I got off at the next exit (71st Street) and paid $2.999 for 93 octane at BP; a ripoff, but still ~.10-.20 cheaper than near my place.
  • Options
    ...is $2.629 in NE Philly. It took $34 to fill my girlfriend's LaCrosse from 1/4 tank. Shoot, back in the day, I could fill my 1975 Cadillac DeVille's tank with 94 Ultra for that amount.
  • Options
    bryanbryan Member Posts: 198
    by 2 cents. Sunoco at Rt. 66/Glebe Road, Arlington, VA, down 2 cents to $2.67 for 87 octane. Down 2 cents in Denton MD Exxon to $2.53.

How will the hurricane affect prices? I heard that about 30% of refinery output for US is in that vicinity?
  • Options
    Not really, but I do try to plan ahead. Basically if I see lower-priced gas and I have half tank or less, I will go ahead and fuel up.

Keep in mind I see big differences in prices. I drove to Solomon's Island, MD, and got gas on the way back for $2.599. Near my house it was $2.829.

Half a tank is about 8 gallons so that's still about two bucks less, plus I went ahead and got a drink so the stop wasn't wasted.

Locally prices had dropped, at least as of last night. That station was $2.959 last week, $2.829 last night.

-juice
  • Options
    All the local stations dropped to $2.49 for 87 today. Of course, this was almost 4 hours ago, so we'll see when I have to run some errands in a bit ;)
  • Options
    There's a mild panic out there, at least in State College. I had to take the kid to practice, and filled up at $2.49. Nothing out of the ordinary going on at the station. We made a stop at the grocery store and I heard two folks on cells phones, get this...I heard not one, butTWO folks on their cell phones telling people that they heard from someone who heard from someone that KNOWS that because of the storm, gas is going up 25 cents this afternoon.

By the time I drove back home, the one station that had held at $2.55 was up 4 cents to $2.59 and there were people lining up at the pumps.

I can't believe how people are being stampeded. What do they think is going to happen if they get everyone to rush to the pumps and fill up? I can see it now...Rush on the pumps causes short term dip in supply. Prices move up in reaction.

(primal scream alert)

AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHH

I'll let you know what's happening in a couple of hours when I go back out to pick the kid up again.
This discussion has been closed.