Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    dshkrabdshkrab Member Posts: 10
    I got a matching quote from 2 different dealers Nissan dealers in Manhattan and Brooklyn for a new lease.

The car is a 3.5 SE 4 door with the premium package (Xenon HID's, leather, bluetooth, Bose, 6 cd/mp3 changer, spoiler, fog's, sun-roof, etc...). Fully loaded except Navi since I don't need it.

The lease is $1995 down, plus dealer fees and taxes (about $2,500 total). This is a 24 month lease with 12,000 per year. The price is $220 per month.

I am interested whether that is a normal lease? It seems a bit low considering that the car is totalling almost $30K as MSRP. Is there something strange here? Should I be concerned or is the price fair / too high?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • Options
    jasmdjasmd Member Posts: 1
    I am in the midwest (Kansas City area) and am interested in a 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5S with the Premium Package. I've been quoted $24,837. Is this a fair price?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,302
    Watch out for open-ended leases through 3rd party banks (i.e.: Hann Financial). They seem to be making a comeback in NY state..

You are wise to be concerned.... that looks extremely low..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    rlohrmanrlohrman Member Posts: 5
    was this for the coupe or sedan??
  • Options
    karpediemkarpediem Member Posts: 46
    This is the best offer I have received. What do you think?

2008 Altima 2.5 SL with connection, moonroof, spoiler, aluminum kick plates, and splash guards.
    $24,473 plus tax, tilte, and fees.
  • Options
    That price is for a sedan.
  • Options
    steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    Nice deal. But just so you know, the rebate is supposed to be 1250 unless its regional.
  • Options
    hjunghjung Member Posts: 2
    Yep!
    The newspaper ad price was $17,142. But I couldn't take $500 college grad so it went up to $17,642. Also I took 3.9 % financing so it went up $250 more and the final price was $17,892.
    I love the keyless ignition. Also ABS is standard for 2008.
  • Options
    hjunghjung Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I just bought a new 2008 altima 2.5 S, 4dr, cvt base model (9 miles on it) at L.A. area last week. (2-15-08)
    The price was $17,892 + tax and fee. I got $1,500 rebate ($1,000 plus $500 for President's day bonus) and 3.9 % financing for 60 months.
    I downpaid $3,500 with my credit card and my monthly payment is $298.88.
    I hope this info helps you.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Disregard!! I see you cant get 1250 if you take the 3.9.
  • Options
    Sweet!
  • Options
    jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    Congrats on an excellent deal!
  • Options
    candy85candy85 Member Posts: 4
    I noticed that on the website that in order to qualify for the 3.9% financing you need tier 1 or tier 0 credit. I plan on purchasing my 08 Altima in a few days... I would prefer the 3.9% financing with $1,000 cash back over the $1,250 cash back, but I have a 720 credit score so I don't believe that I would qualify. Can anyone please breakdown the quartiles for me?
  • Options
    720 might get you qualified; I had a friend who got 4.9% APR at Honda with a 710 credit score, but I'm not 100% sure that you'll get it.

I would secure back up financing in case the 3.9% doesn't go through; either that or you could ask the dealer to get you pre-approved for the 3.9 before you proceed any further.

What I did was I told the dealer that if I couldn't get the 1.9% APR (it was 1.9% when I bought) I wasn't going to be buying a car at all, and I told them to make sure I qualified before we even started talking about price. If you say that, the dealer will make sure you're qualified before they start nailing down specifics because they know you'll walk if you can't get the financing you want.
  • Options
    hackdhackd Member Posts: 65
    Just wanted to give everyone a look at a deal I walked away from....went with another car (Subaru Lagacy) but thought below could be helpful to others as this was a great price in my opinion:

$21,850 + TTL + 3.9% 60 month financing
    2008 2.5 Altima SL automatic
    Precision Grey
    Black Leather
    Kick Plates
    Emergency Kit
    Floor Mats
    Splash Guards

Seems dealers will go low on these cars so definitely shop around and get multiple bids...I had another dealer close to same amount but in the end wanted the AWD feature of the Legacy...very tough call as that Altima was a very nice ride. I can give dealer info upon request.
  • Options
    There are no restriction against naming the dealer here.
    That is a great price! Which dealer?
  • Options
    I see you said the 3.9%, but didn't say anything about the $1,000 rebate. Did they already include the rebate in that quote, or would you have gotten the rebate on top of that?
  • Options
    carcrazyrgcarcrazyrg Member Posts: 1
    Hello

I am getting a Nissan Altima SL 3.5L V6 4door sedan
    1. Navigation (Technology package)
    2. VDC
    3. Splash Guards
    4. Spoiler.

Pretty much loaded for out-of-door price of $29,600. This includes rebates, taxes, doc fee, new license plates etc.

Is this a good price?. I live in Illinois, near Chicago

Thanks!
  • Options
    jjlucusjjlucus Member Posts: 3
    Just bought 08 Nissan altima 2.5s, with convience package
    car value: 20200
    tax:1414
    registration fee, title, tag: 278
    documentation fee: 170
    rebate: -10000
    College grad rebate:-500

total:22061 (3.9% financing)

I guess this is an OK deal.
  • Options
    Dealer was Legend Nissan in Syosset..my salesperson was Robert....I feel bad not buying from him. I was looking to trade in my car in January and was working with him but decided to hold off for awhile...then around Valentine's Day my car was totaled so I went it the frantic car shopper mode...I basically lived on Edmunds.

FYI - That price included the 1K rebate.
  • Options
    mmcpartmmcpart Member Posts: 1
    2008 Altima 2.5 6 Speed - Paid $19,250 with $1,000 rebate = $18,250. Financed all of it at 3.9%. Payment is 370/month. NJ area. Not fantastic, but not bad.
  • Options
    1000 rebate is before or after tax?
  • Options
    I would say that it is a pretty good deal overall. Enjoy your shiny new Altima :)
  • Options
    ebarnolaebarnola Member Posts: 1
    Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. Bought a base model Altima 2.5S with automatic trans. & splash guards at Atlantic Auto Mall in West Islip. Price was $18,000 and got 4.34% financing for 60 months. Total cost after tax and misc. fees was $20,188.
  • Options
    looks like i spent at least 800 more than the deal hjung posted... i paid 20200-1500 vs. his deal of 17900... shame...
  • Options
    kirizillkirizill Member Posts: 10
    My friend just took his 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5SE. He got Black on gray leather. This 3.5SE is stock and they threw in the leather, kick plates, and mats. He put 4k down and is now paying $315 per month with 60 month lease. I don't know the full break down but he got a great deal.
  • Options
    60 month lease and "great deal" don't belong in the same story.
    Your friend got robbed.
  • Options
    busirisbusiris Member Posts: 3,490
    I agree...assuming a decent residual value, he overpaid.
  • Options
    A 60 month lease is never a great deal...
  • Options
    kirizillkirizill Member Posts: 10
    I'm sorry, he financed at 3.9APR. This is NOT a lease!
  • Options
    Ok. Whew. A 60 month loan is better..

Sounds like a good deal, then..
  • Options
    pearljam7pearljam7 Member Posts: 11
    Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a 2008 altima 2.5s sedan CVT with convenience package today as it is the last day of the $1000 rebate w/ 3.9% financing as per the nissanusa.com website.

My latest quote has been $21,750 out the door (dest & handling, documents, TTL, etc..)
  • Options
    Do you think they will cancel the rebate and finance deal? I am guessing they will extend..... Seems like once they offer it they have to keep extending it until they introduce the 2009s.
  • Options
    I'm not sure, I can only go by what is on the website and the fine print says it ends 3/3/08. I just received a counter offer for $21,500 which I am strongly considering. Do you feel there's more room to negotiate?
  • Options
    I am not sure because OTD is different for everyone and you never specified the msrp or exact options....If the only option is convenience pkg and price before tax and tags is close to 19000 give or take a hundred or 2, its looks like a good deal may as well go for it!
  • Options
    eyelonfangeyelonfang Member Posts: 2
    i just got a price from my dealer after negotiating for the 2008 altima 2.5s with sl package for $22,700 after the 1000 rebate. Is this a good deal? tax in my area is 7%, no destination fee
  • Options
    sciencedocsciencedoc Member Posts: 1
    Bought this 2 days ago for 19,000 purchase price (20000 minus 1000 dollar for rebate plus the 3.9 fin for 60 months). Has Al kick plates, splash guards and mats. MSRP was 22835. Negotiated mostly over emails. At the dealership got a couple hundred more off. In LA area the OTD price was ~ 20,913 including taxes, fees etc. This was silver with charcoal int.

Love the car (had an older altima before this...)

Hope this is helpful to someone. This site was a great resource for determining what to target.

Thanks
    :shades:
  • Options
    FL - I just bought a black on black 08 Altima 2.5 S sedan with CVT, convenience package, splash guards, and floor mats for $21,215 OTD. This is with 1k rebate, 3.9% financing, $500 grad rebate. I had no trade in and needed a new tag. Sales tax here is 7%.
  • Options
    So that price is with the rebate, but not with the tax? If it is then I think you can do better. I have read on here people getting near what you got before rebates. Make 'em throw in a spoiler, some kick plates and splash guards for that price. For $500 more I got what you want, plus the connection pkg plus what I just said for you to have them add on. I still wonder if I could have done better.
  • Options
    See my post from end of Feb as you should be able to do better. I was at $21,850 with the SL package and that included a few accessories as well.
  • Options
    asav1976asav1976 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you all on this board for helping me work on what I think is a good lease.
    I just leased the 3.5SE LOADED including tech package for my wife yesterday at Sheridan Nissan in DE.

$1993 down inclusive of $1079tax, 185-tags, $369 1st payment, $300-security deposit
    15K miles per year
    39 month lease

When I walked in the door, they wanted 2K down and $550/month payment which is absolutely stupid.

Thank you guys for all of your help. I gainnes alot by observing your conversations.
  • Options
    eyelonfangeyelonfang Member Posts: 2
    really? will it matter if i live in pa instead of texas or california?
  • Options
    ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    what was your monthly payment?
  • Options
    really? will it matter if i live in pa instead of texas or california?

Invoice for the 2.5 SL is $23,518 and I would think you could get below that, before the rebate. Try to shop around to different dealers, I did all my negotiating through email.
  • Options
    kw_dakw_da Member Posts: 76
    Hi,

What dealer did you buy from in LA area? Did you have a trade?

Thanks
  • Options
    I actually live in Long Island so I would tend to think my cost would potentially be higher as everything is usually more expensive here.
  • Options
    I think you should be able to get a lower price than many of us in the interior US
    (Tennessee, especially) because of the increased competition between dealerships and the proximity of cities. (I'm sure you could go to DC, Baltimore, or even NY or Boston for your car if you really wanted to, whereas I'm restricted to Atlanta or Chicago at best)

I have noticed that it costs more to buy a car in Nashville than it does in Chicago, Boston, or DC.

Competition is the key factor. Get a bunch of dealer quotes, and a few from cities further away, and take the lowest price to your local dealer and get them to match the price, if possible...
  • Options
    Yes, the OTD price includes tax which ended up being about $1300 or so and also tag, registration, etc...
  • Options
    rmj2179rmj2179 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5SL white frost w/ blonde int. and then discovered this website! I paid $23,325 OTD... Good deal?
  • Options
    stkntrafficstkntraffic Member Posts: 172
    OTD is meaningless since we don't know where you live and how much taxes you pay there. Better idea is to post the purchase price of the car plus any dealer doc fee.