Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    I saw that they had Camry LE's with msrp of $22,850 on ad for $18,988 plus fees. Whats the msrp on the camry you got quoted $19738? Does it have the LE extra value package (alloy wheels)? I think you are getting a good deal. 0% for 60 months is great.
  • tomkentomken Member Posts: 20
    Not sure if it's national wide offer or not, but local dealership got that promotion going till 1/4 and they said you can combine that with 36 months 0% APR for Camry gas model. I traded 95 Camry to use for $3000 clean air rebate, so I did showed them the title/registration of a Toyota. BTW since it's rebate, so the $3000 and $500 didn't get take off until after tax.
    I know your feeling. I been trying to buy one since July. The Clunker and Texas Clean Air rebates had boost up their sales, so they don't care much about not selling. If you don't need one now, you probably want to wait another 2 months or until the '11 model are out.
  • hemlock87hemlock87 Member Posts: 10
    I was offered $22,609 on an msrp of $26,790. Is this a good price? Thanks for your insight.
    with what option?
  • crodycrody Member Posts: 6
    It seems a true rebate since $500 has been taken off after the tax. Maybe it is a regional rebate. I asked a couple of dealers, and received negative replies. Thanks for your reply and enjoy your Camry.
  • drashu27drashu27 Member Posts: 2
    Toyota Camry LE 2010 + Alloy wheel $20000 cash price [does not include registration fees[200-250 in Birmingham AL]

Is this a fair price or not? I am going to buy this car in next hour or so.

Thanks
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    www.fitzmall.com, to check competitive prices. They are in a competitive NorthEast corridor, so you may not necessarily be able to get that price at your local dealership. But at least you have a reference point.

Know the MSRP and features of your vehicle.
  • drashu27drashu27 Member Posts: 2
    Thank!
  • os691os691 Member Posts: 2
    Brought 2010 Camry LE, floormats from Schaumbrug Toyota. Price paid is $19988 plus title, tax. doc fee, etc.
    Used edmunds.com and cars.overstock.com to get price quotes. I used edmunds.com before, I these days think it has fewer dealers in Chicago area than before. I liked cars.overstock.com experience better.
  • sonataowner1sonataowner1 Member Posts: 9
    Is the internet pricing at Fitzmall.com cash price or financing price? If it's cash price, how much more do I have to pay for the car with financing (0% financing)?
    Pick up the phone and ask to speak to one of their salesmen.

They've been great every time I've been buying.
  • petras2petras2 Member Posts: 104
    I agree with your comments about fitzmall..just bought a new le with jbl option and mats for $ 20,164 including the 120 doc fee..no high pressure, very courteous, in and out in about an 1.5 hr..highly recommended for anyone in the pa. or surrounding region..
  • heynowwwwheynowwww Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

Looking at a 2010 Hybrid with the following options: Comfort Package, Upgrade Package with DVD, Carpets and Trunk Mat, Fog Lamps, Leather Seats, Moonroof

MSRP: 33,069

Current Lowest Dealer offer (before tax, title, doc): 28,300

It looks like this price is 2,333 under invoice.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you
    How much are they giving you for your trade in?

How much is their doc fee?

What area of the country are you in?
    No trade
    Doc fee is $599
    Charlotte, NC

Thanks
    Grab it fast...........
  • hemlock87hemlock87 Member Posts: 10
    Push button start, moonroof extra value pkg w/ deck lid spoiler, deluxe radio pkg w/ bluetooth, usb/ipod, leather pkg, sport convenience pkg.
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    Ok people I'm confused at Toyota's web site you can not build a SE with a manual transmission, but here on Edmunds web site it shows that the SE can be had with a manuel transmission, so what is true?

SoI built a 2010 SE with manual with a sunroof and bluetooth, invoice price was $22,111 so what would I really pay for this car? I live in Phoenix,AZ
    The toyota website is more accurate for YOU, and reflects the vehicles available IN YOUR GEOGRAPHY.
    Kiawah wrote:

The toyota website is more accurate for YOU, and reflects the vehicles available IN YOUR GEOGRAPHY.

__________________________________________________________-

First off please do not yell at me, if you don't know net ettique learn it. After reading your post I placed 13 different zip codes of different friends around the US and none of those zip code unleasshed the majic to allow me to build a SE with a manual transmission. So please tell me what part of the USA can you buy a 2010 Camry SE with a manual transmission?
    Use zipcode 27614, these two are in the South East Region

Magnetic Grey, and a White one, currently available. Model 2545 (SE 6 speed manual)

Both outfitted the same, MSRP 24,279 ....24,678 w/Dealer Fees.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,966
    You'd be surprised at how many people don't know about YELLING or basic grammar here in Edmunds so don't take it personally with the capital letters. The guy who's trying to help ya is extremely knowledgeable with Toyota's and a nice guy to boot. Attitudes are usually left at the door here...the forums are always helpful!

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• gangatsgangats Member Posts: 4
    Just bought 2010 Camry CE 2.5L Auto Sand Beige with Bisque interior with floor mats, had 7 miles on odo for $16877+$299 doc fee+NC tax+title = $ 17726 on road price from GA dealer.
  • ewew5087ewew5087 Member Posts: 2
    Just got a quote 2010 TCH with CQ,LA,LF,SR,UT,Door Sill Enhancements,Rear Spoiler,V.I.P. RS3200 Plus Security System
    Total Accessories ...........................: $ 6586.00
    Total.......................................: ……$33486.00
    MSRP 33486.00… Dealer offers $29,588 plus tax,title,fees($350).

Is this a good price to buy?
  • elangovanelangovan Member Posts: 1
    Hi gangats,
    Can you please advice me how you got this price? Please send me an email at docelan[at]gmail[dot]com. I and my family would really appreciate your help.
    Thanks,
    Dr. Elan
  • serveace6serveace6 Member Posts: 29
    Just got a LE V6 with the following,

ALUMINUM WHEELS EXTRA VALUE PKG (QA)
    5-PIECE CARPETED FLOOR & TRUNK MAT SET (CF)

for $22223. How did I do?
  • antomiantomi Member Posts: 3
    just bought a camry

options: sport convenience package, moonroof package, floor mats, JBL 6 disc cd changer package (every dealer i went to had this option in their SEs, i had no luck finding one that didn't), and some other little options i forgot.

after quite a headache dealing with the manager out the door price with my recent grad rebate was 21600 + TTL = 24500. 0 down and 0% for 60 months.

was this a good deal? i am from southern california btw.
  • jsmith22jsmith22 Member Posts: 23
    read this article about toyota recalls:

LA TIMES ARTICLE : "Toyota found to keep tight lid on potential safety problems"

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-toyota-secrecy23-2009dec23,0,557792,full.s- tory
  • boleboomboleboom Member Posts: 2
    antomi,

That sounds like a good deal with those options. What color did you get? I am looking for a similar SE. Can you PM me the dealer & salesperson info?
    alright i just sent you the info. let me know how it goes.
  • crodycrody Member Posts: 6
    Which GA dealer? Do they collect NC Tax and Title for NC government or you pay NC tax and title when registering in NC? Thanks.
  • gblind8gblind8 Member Posts: 8
    Took advantage of the 0% APR yesterday which was the last day of the promotion.

Got a 2010 Camry LE with Bluetooth, mats, and rear bumper applique for $19,100. The vehicle had an MSRP of $23,218.

The discount includes the $1,000 College Grad Rebate which can be combined with the 0% financing. Graduate students are eligible for the discount. One dealer told me only undergraduate students qualified. The dealer was very particular regarding the proof of enrollment. The documentation had to show the following:
    School's letterhead and name
    Student's name
    Student's progress

Thank you to all those who contribute to this forum. Your comments were very helpful.
  • salt1024salt1024 Member Posts: 1
    Hi I just purchased a 2010 Camry SE 4 cyl Barcelona Red. The total OTD price 26000.00 including 0.9% for 60mos. Asked for the toyota loyalty owner rebate and the dealer said there's no such thing in so.florida is it true?
    The options on the car: Sunroof,rear spoiler,carpet mat,window tint and dealer installed leather. Did I pay too much? I see some posts that people paid 23K and 24K mine is no way near that price. Any thoughts?
    I think so, but nothing you can do about it now, enjoy your car. Sounds like a nice vehicle.

Here's a comparable for you, but it also has additional features including JBL and Alum wheels. You'd need to compare this to your price, before tax and title.

http://www.fitzmall.com/fitzway/carfind/RESULTSB.ASP?V_XREFID=SVO401624784143519- -
  • boleboomboleboom Member Posts: 2
    antomi,

did not get the PM. Can you try again or just what dealership in So Cal?
    toyota of hollywood
    Thanks, I picked the car up last night. Here are the final details:

After a terrible experience with Scott Clark Toyota City I ended up buying a car from Town and Country Toyota. Town and Country was very easy to deal with and they did everything they said they were going to do.

2010 Camry Hybrid - Comfort Package, DVD, Floor Mats, Fog Lamps, Leather Seats, Moonroof

MSRP: 32,696

Purchase Price (before tax, title, tag): 28,445 (1,988 under invoice)
    Out the Door: 29,960

I hope this information helps others looking for a Camry Hybrid.
  • swamybswamyb Member Posts: 38
    Dealer #1..

LE 6-Speed Automatic 4dr Sedan
    (Manufacturer Code 2532)
    MSRP $23,925
    Manufacturer Rebate ($750)
    Your Final Price $20,517*

Included Packages and Options

CA - California Emissions
    CF - Carpet Floor/Trunk Mat (5-Piece Set)
    QA - Wheels: 16" Aluminum EVP
    SR - Moonroof Package includes: Dual Illuminated Visor Vanity Mirrors, Rear Personal Reading Lights

Is this a good deal? Also will I get 0% or 1.9% in addition to the rebate?
    I also wanted to add JBL pkg. How much I should offer for overall otd?(san jose, ca)

thanks
  • brygobrygo Member Posts: 12
    Most of the advertised Camry LE is in the range of $19.3K - 19.8K, that's without the moonroof package. It's either rebate or zero percent financing. I came across Hayward Toyota ad for a base Camry for around 18K. They might be in willing to deal.
  • silvercoupesilvercoupe Member Posts: 326
    Ventured over from the Honda side and just purchased a Silver 2010 Camry SE in Alabama with the following options:

QD Value Package (Moon Roof & Spoiler)
    Floor Mats/Trunk Mat

$ 20,952 before taxes, title and license

I have been a Honda owner since 1984, but decided to give the Camry a try. Nice car at a good price IMO.
  • mpd2mpd2 Member Posts: 12
    Looking to purchase a new Camry, base model, automatic. Had some questions:

1. I live in the Seattle area- anyone here have any reccomendations on price or specific dealer they used?

2. Is the acceleration problem an issue with the new 2010 models on the dealer lot? I don't want to buy this car, only to have it sent in to replace the acceleration pedal & reprogramming. If not, I'll go with an Accord.

3. I know there are some rebates available. As a recent college grad, can I still get $1000 back if I pay in full (ie don't finance)? Can this be combined with the $750 cashback?

TIA.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    2. Hesitation on acceleration no problem with the 2010. The issue was mostly with the '07's. But this was an easy fix, the dealer just had to reprogram the ECM (engine control module). It took 25 minutes total. If you are talking about the floor mat issue, don't worry about it. I have a 2007 AND a 2010 (base manual) and my mats have never moved, because I use the clips and I use only one all-weather mat. Toyota is going to just modify the pedal shape and install electronic programming to cancel the acceleration if the brake is pressed at the same time. A few automakers already have this feature. This has been WAY overblown by the media, lawyers, and some people here that don't like Toyota or are trying to stir up controversy. These modifications are easy, and will make the cars more idiot proof for those people who put mats on top of other mats and/or don't use the clips to secure the mats.
  • cc62966cc62966 Member Posts: 30
    3. Yes, you can combine the college grad with any other incentives that are offered through the dealer; for instance I was able to combine a college grad with another $1000 financing rebate through South East Toyota. It does make a big difference!
  • pablovalerinpablovalerin Member Posts: 4
    I'm interested in leasing a Camry SE in So Cal and I wanted to know my target price for both an 09 and 10. I'm more focus on a 09 because I'd expect a better price since they're trying to make room for the 2010s. Any info would help.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    2010s have been on the lots since around April 2009, I think. I highly doubt you could find a new 2009 anywhere. Besides, the 2010s are better in many ways - standard traction/stability control, better mpg, better acceleration, quieter.
    Leases are based on residual value, You would be better off leasing a new 2010 then 2009 since the 09 is one year old already. Once you drive the 09 off the lot its a one year old car. Now if you bought the car, the 2009 would be a better value.
  • mpd2mpd2 Member Posts: 12
    Would it be possible to apply for the $1000 new grad rebate with financing, wait a few weeks, then pay off the car completely? Is there a penalty for paying off early?

Dealers here still want $19,300+ for a BASE CAMRY, after rebate. What do you guys think?
  • cc62966cc62966 Member Posts: 30
    Yes, the financing term was a minimum of 30 days and for a minimum amount of $7500. Those were the terms offered me thru World Omni - South East Toyota. I paid it off in 30 days and a few bucks more in financing charges.
    Is the $19300 with the college rebate? They must be charging you well over the sticker price in that case. With the college grad you should be well below $19K approaching $18K.
  • playamdxplayamdx Member Posts: 7
    Hey qblind8, I am looking for the exact same car that you bought. I am eligivle for the college grad rebate could you email me or reply back to this message with some information about the dealership and maybe if i can talk to your salesperson. even just the dealership name would help.

I appreciate it. thanks

tl4life@gmail.com