Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    edited March 2010
    Congrats,
    How much did you save, compared to the best that you could get locally?
  • Options
    akasuakasu Member Posts: 3
    The typical price they gave me was over $23,000. So, do the math.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Just a little shy of 2K saving, nice!

Nice time to travel to DC, cherry blossom time.

Did we mention about the Edmunds Forums car buying savings tax ?
  • Options
    carbuyer2011carbuyer2011 Member Posts: 6
    I am in Raleigh, NC and I am planning to buy a Toyota camry 2010 LE - Automatic Transmission - If some one who has already purchased 2010 Camry LE, can refer me to their dealer with the best offer they got it will be really helpful.

Also, what other rebate TOYOTA is offering now besides the 1k graduate student rebate.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    carbuyer,

I am in Raleigh as well.

Check out www.fitzmall.com to get competitive no-hassle pricing. It's about 4 hours from here. I used that info, and negotiated price matching at Fred Anderson Rt 70 when I bought my '07.

I've found Leith consistently high over the years, but you should also look at Mark Jacobsen, who offers lifetime warranty.
  • Options
    vti2000xvti2000x Member Posts: 3
    Area: Houston, TX (Gulf States)
    Drive out/OTD price: 20,300
    Option(s): Floor mats
    Financing: 0% for 5 years
    Discounts: $1000 Toyota incentive, $1000 recent graduate

If I haggled longer I could have probably gotten a lower price but I didn't feel the need to as the salesperson I dealt with was not pushy at all, was very courteous and started out with a pretty low offer. This particular dealership is located on the Southwest Fwy.

Now, I can tell you where NOT to buy a Toyota from: a dealership located on Kirby, across from the Reliant Stadium. The salespeople I interacted with there are extremely pushy and quite rude. I priced out a specific Camry before going to buy it and I gave my reasonable number to one of the salesman as the OTD price. He laughed at it. Another salesperson laughed at it and then crumpled the paper up. It wasn't even a low-ball offer! I didn't say anything at all after the crumpling incident. My group and I just got up and walked out without saying a word.

I used that same number at the dealership I actually purchased from and we ended up meeting, more or less, half way on the final price.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    That dealership is not alone. I have had other situations similar, where reasonable offers were downright rejected. In one case, I had a buddy who had just purchased a vehicle that I was interested in, and I just asked them to match the deal which all of my researched indicated was a fair and reasonable price. They declined and wouldn't do the deal.

I drove down the street about 5 miles, and the dealership offered a price better than what I wanted right off the get go. So I knew the price was more than reasonable.

I have since come to conclude that each dealership has their own cost structures, incentives, and daily/weekly/monthly sales objectives. A deal you get today, may not exist at that same dealership tomorrow (or vice versa). Just do your homework so you know what a good deal is when offered and can jump on it, and then shop around till you find someone who you want to do business with, at whatever the price point ends up being.

I'm not impressed with the marble and bright lights, to me it means higher overhead and higher deal price.
  • Options
    You're absolutely right about the variability in cost structures, incentives and objectives. Regardless, there's no reason to try to belittle your customers even if it's a weak attempt to try to knock at someone's confidence.

The funny thing is, the worst dealership I went to (mentioned in my original post) was very disorganized and had nothing "fancy" about the main building.

The dealership I bought from, however, was squeaky clean, well organized, and well lit. Though, the lot was a little smaller. Plus, the sales consultant offered my group and I drinks before we even decided to finalize a purchase.

I realize these are little psychological things, but a little customer service goes a long way.
  • Options
    manmanmmanmanm Member Posts: 7
    Hello everyone I am a graduate student in FL, but graduated form a foreign college. In this case am I qualified for $1000 cash incentive, or not. Thanks
  • Options
    protohamsterprotohamster Member Posts: 3
    VTIX2000x can you tell me what dealer this was? was it sterling mccall?
  • Options
    db9048db9048 Member Posts: 1
    Can you please provide the yr for this LE? Plus, please provide the detailed price for OTD
  • Options
    If you Google "toyota graduate rebate" the first link that comes back should give you the exact details to qualify for the graduate rebate.

You're already in a grad program (show them proof), so all you need to do now to get the rebate is:
    (1) have proof of employment or be employed within 120 days of you signing the contract and
    (2) show proof of collision insurance.

You are required to finance through Toyota Financial Services if you do get this rebate.

The rebate ends on March 31st, before the other $1,000 rebate ends, so make sure you purchase by then.
  • Options
    brenna25brenna25 Member Posts: 2
    So glad I found this forum!

I'm looking to buy a 2010 Camry this week. Prefer a V6 but it seems people are only getting deals on 4 cylinders. Was hoping someone has experience with dealers in the area. Also has anyone purchased a 6cyl recently? What was out the door price and options?

Thanks in advance for any help.
  • Options
    Having a 4 cyl 2007 ( a couple HP less than current 2010 models), and having over 50K on the odometer, I would recommend the 4 cylinder. I had thought I wanted to get the 6 cylinder as well when I was shopping, until when drove both and then realized the 4 cyl has more than enough power. The 4 cylinder is by far the greatest seller, over the 6 cylinder.

In the years that we've had it, from city driving thru long week long trips, there has never been once that I felt we needed or wanted a larger engine.

So my suggestion is to test drive both in many different driving environments, before you make your decision.

P.S. I did find out after my purchase, that because the 6 cylinder is so big in the engine compartment, that they have to pull the engine out if the water pump ever needs replaced (6 cyl only). Since I keep my vehicles for many many years and pass them down thru the family, that's a risk I don't need to take.

Good luck.
  • Options
    brenna25brenna25 Member Posts: 2
    That makes sense Kiawah. I remember driving a 4cyl and a 6 cyl saturn vue back in the day. Not a huge difference in most driving conditions. I will drive both and probably just like you said end up with a 4 cyl which suits how I'll drive and save me money.

Which then only leaves the question of price. I see 2010 Camry LE's advertised all over but never below 20k. Seeing the deals people are getting and since OR has no sales tax I feel confident I can get one for under 19k.

If anyone has an experience to share in Portland please do.

Thanks Kiawah!
  • Options
    bigbouncerbigbouncer Member Posts: 8
    Greenville, SC.
    Friend of ours just got a lease deal - 36 months, 12,000 a year on a pretty basic Camry - for $140 a month. They went in thinking Prius, but came out in a 4cyl. Camry. On top of that, they gave this woman $4K for her unreliable nightmare...a VW Passat. (Personal sale KBB was $4500.)
    She walked out with the Camry and $700 in her pocket. Dealers are working VERY hard to get Toyota's out the door right now.
  • Options
    jaxsteve1jaxsteve1 Member Posts: 5
    I've read many posts that say how much they paid for a 2010 Camry LE. But I have a few problems using the info. I'm about to buy a Barcelona Red 2010 4 cyl. Camry LE (not the Base model). No optional equipment. According to the Edmunds TMV info, "others" are paying $20,662 for this car. That's excluding tax, tag and title fees which, here in Northeast Florida would add another $1,500 or so, for an "out-the-door" price of about $ 22,162.
    I'm reading here where people are paying much less than this, but the information is difficult to use because (a) I'm not sure they're talking about a Base model or the LE and (b) I'm not sure if they're including everything (taxes, tags, license fees, dealer admin fees, etc.)
    Can somebody tell me about a price they received which is significantly less than $20,662 EXCLUDING sales tax and other fees? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Here's a new 2010 LE $19,677.

Add tax, title, tags

Fitzmall

And here's a Barcelona Red LE for $19,864
    Fitzmall - 2
  • Options
    kiawah, thanks a lot. I've never used a broker before....is this business reliable? (Fitzmall). Does the price include shipment to Florida?
  • Options
    msl2008msl2008 Member Posts: 2
    I also have not been offered anything below $20k so $21k out the door seems kind of wishful thinking for a 2010 Camry LE base. I am in northern California and am looking at $23k out the door price. Has anyone had a better deal then that? Thanks.
  • Options
    silvercoupesilvercoupe Member Posts: 326
    jaxsteve1, I am in the Birmingham, Alabama area.

I purchased a 2010 Camry SE with moonroof, spoiler and floor and trunk mats back in January for $20,952 plus taxes, title and fees.

Seems that you should be able to negotiate a basic 2010 LE down to around $19,000 to 19,500 plus taxes, title and fees. The 2011's are already on the Dealers lots, so they should be willing to deal on the remaining 2010's.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,383
    Fitzmall isn't a broker.. they are a multi-line new car dealer that offers one-price shopping on the internet.. Most of their dealerships are in Maryland or PA, I think.

Their price will not include shipping to Florida, but they have a reputation for being very straightforward..

In my experience, Airtran and Southwest have very cheap rates to Baltimore, if you have non-stop service from any city near you.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited March 2010
    Go back and read these forums a bit.

They are a dealership, part of a conglomerate with a number of different brands offered. Check out their website. They have dealerships in Florida, but I don't think any Toyota. They have a great no-hassle business model. You wanted some comparison pricing, that's a good comparison price for you.

Either negotiate with your local dealers better, or call them and get the paperwork done and ready for you, get on a train/plane and travel up to DC (check out the cherry blossoms and the national mall/museums), sign everything at the dealership, and drive home. I think they even pick you up at the Metro station. Determine how much it's worth to you to save some bucks. If you couldn't be bothered, then pay whatever the best deal you can negotiate in the Florida area. You at least have a legitimate reference point you can understand the details of.

My local dealer matched the Fitzmall price, but I'm only 4 hours from DC, have a business location across the street from them, and have stopped at the dealership there to browse at lunch on a couple of occasions. I have relatives in the area who have bought from them, and also business associates who have bought from them. I could have easily bought from them with my purchase as well, and obviously my local dealership knew they'd have to have a skinnier deal.

Local dealership wants to make as much money as possible from you, you want to get it as cheap as possible. You guys meet in the middle somewhere, where you both are happy with the deal. At some point, the pain and time of negotiation becomes 'not worth it to you anymore', you give in, and buy something, somewhere. That's why I like the Fitzmall business model....they are upfront, aggressive pricing, easy to figure out what their inventory is and what is available at what pricing, and great to do business with. I can get to a good price point quickly, without wasting a lot of time and energy.

I'm sure it would be harder in Florida. Personally, I'd take the family up for a spring vacation in DC on the savings, rather than pay extra for nothing in Florida.
  • Options
    pochirajupochiraju Member Posts: 19
    hi all,
    i wud like to buy camry 2010 LE. please can anyone here tell me what will be a good OTD price for it. i am in OR state. also does anyone have any idea if the current 0% apr will be continued beyond april 5th?

thanks so much
    sandy
  • Options
    jean31jean31 Member Posts: 2
    I am in DFW area and I've been given offers of $2000 off MSRP with additional $1000 rebate that makes total of 3K off the top. I am looking at Camry LE with leather added from a minimal model to one with, moonroof, etc and the amount off seems to be the same. then you add TT&L. One guy said this was just $200 over invoice and he couldn't go lower I am still thinking about it.
  • Options
    msl2008msl2008 Member Posts: 2
    I've been offered about 23200 OTD (w/0% financing) for a 2010 Camry LE Auto base in northern California. The thing I find surprising is that even with all this negative publicity for Toyota, people are still paying invoice price for the Camry. I think with the incentives Toyota managed to push sales forward to March and thus they are expecting a 30-35% increase in sales for March. However, I also think there will be a backlash later in the year (August/September) and prices will probably go lower then. Of course this is all what I think. For 23k OTD, I'm seriously considering the 2011 Hyundai Sonata. I just don't think a Camry should be selling for invoice anymore...especially this month. But i guess a lot of people disagree with me. Oh well...to each his own.
  • Options
    petras2petras2 Member Posts: 104
    re camry le prices, I bought one at fitz in pa. back in late dec. for $20164..it was a factory order since I wanted the optional jbl stereo and they are hard to find on the le model..above price included all fees but no sales tax since it was an out of state purchase..I highly recommend them and if you can get out there fairly cheaply, it might be worthwhile..
  • Options
    Just bought a 2010 Camry LE, Model 2532, Auto Trans,, Michelin tires, floor mats, window tinting, First 25,000 miles/2 years maintenance free, alloy wheels from Arlington Toyota in Jacksonville Florida. Details as follows: Price $19,499 plus dealer fee of $599 = $ 20,098. Add 6% Florida sales tax plus $50 county tax and pass-thru government tag &titling fees for which I was charged $250 (I will be refunded the unnecessary overage); Total was $21,603.88 for everything.. A very satisfying experience.
    Hope this helps someone so they can compare on a truly apples-to-apples basis.
  • Options
    I contacted Fitzmall up in Maryland and was quoted the same price as kiawah indicated in post #8184, namely $19,864, but with shipping expense (I was quoted $450-$500 to ship it to Tampa (a 4 hour drive from Jacksonville), which put the cost at $20,314-$20,364, plus tax, tag &title.

I used the $19864 price as leverage with a few local dealers, and one came back with $20,098, but without any shipping charges was much better.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Good job....enjoy your new ride.
  • Options
    thavornthavorn Member Posts: 20
    Looking for a 4 Cyl XLE Magnetic Gray in southern california by April 5th. Any infos are very much appreciated. Thanks
  • Options
    awn7eawn7e Member Posts: 12
    Doctor9: I bought a 2010 Camry LE (automatic, 4 cylinder) with alloy wheel options in Dec at Leith Toyota in Raleigh. I first checked Fitz Auto Mall's web site (in MD) and asked Leith to match my prices. Please email me if you want me to give you the exact amt I paid for and/or the name/phone of the salesman.

allan777@aol.com
  • Options
    awn7eawn7e Member Posts: 12
    I respectfully disagree - $21,000 "OTD" is not wishful thinking. I bought my 2010 Camry LE (auto, 4 cylinder) with the alloy wheels option for around $19,400. After taxes, tags, etc. it was exactly $20,500. And this was BEFORE the recall controversy.
  • Options
    hi,

I am in Raleigh NC and had some bad experience dealing with local Toyota dealers.

In the end of March, probably they want to hit the selling numbers, so they offered the 2010 Camry LE basic model OTD price for $19,500 without 0 APR. However, when I went Leith Toyota office in April 3th, they were very rude and the best OTD price for 2010 camry LE is almost $22,000 and for 2011 Camry LE is $23,000. When I show the price they offered me, they lied that there is no he color I want in their lot. Finally, they admitted that the low price is because of end of March sale, so it is impossible now to get the OTD price below $20,000+++.

Do you guys have same feeling that now it is not a good time to buy Camry? If you just bought a Camry LE or Honda Accord in Raleigh area, please share your experience. thanks.

My email is: vivibaobao2006@yahoo.com
  • Options
    4nucar4nucar Member Posts: 4
    I can understand the reason for not giving the same deal on april 3rd, since toyota has gained sales by 40%. so dealers do not want to dip in toyota dealer incentive of $2000 right now, but as they approach April end they will be more willing to give the same offer. But there is no reason for them to be RUDE. I guess that is the problem with whole Leith group in RTP area. probably poor management strategy. I find Fred anderson better than Leith.
    Fitzmall or even carmax in MD will be a good option if you willing to drive 300 miles to avoid all the baddgering.
  • Options
    From my personal experience, Fred Anderson is pretty nice in March but is very rude too in April, since on internet sale consultant directly told me he is busy and do not want me to bother him anymore.

I plan to sell my old car and buy a new one before moving out of state. Does any one know should I register my new car here in Raleigh? or probably I could use the plate of my old car since I need to re-register my new car in another state one month later. thanks
  • Options
    johnxyzjohnxyz Member Posts: 94
    Anyone know when Toyota starts shipping 2011 Camrys? Do you think a newly designed acc. pedal will be part of the 2011's (not just the BS shim fix)? Thanks.

I am going to buy either a new Prius or a new Camry (4cyl) but I want a 2011. Thanks for your guidance.
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    If you bought a new Toyota since Feb or are thinking about it, a reporter wants to hear from you. Email pr@edmunds.com by Wednesday, April 7, 2010.
  • Options
    jubaejubae Member Posts: 16
    They have already started shipping them. Check your dealers inventory. The 11's looked exactly like the 10's. I'm not sure if the gas pedal is an issue on them or not. I think it's the same pedal though.
  • Options
    keyboard21088keyboard21088 Member Posts: 20
    What are the incentives for the Camry? Edmund is not showing anything?
  • Options
    The new Incentives will be up tomorrow. I think they are going to do the exact same deal for another month. Hopefully they have a deal with the 11's instead of 10's or maybe give more of a discount on the 10's.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Could you tell me what are the current incentives and where would I find the new incentives tomorrow?

Link?

Thanks in advance

I am having a hard time finding anything on Edmunds or the internet on this.

Wanted to go to dealer tomorrow.

If someone could post the current incentives and where to find the new ones tomorrow. I would be indebted..
  • Options
    Sure on this website input your zip and click on special offers.

http://www.buyatoyota.com/new

Also the new incentives are not up yet. I was able to get them to drop and le down to 18,500 before taxes a week ago.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the link. I saved it.

You know funny thing is. They never show the XLE or a high end model for a Lease special. I dislike it when they do that.

Did the 0% include Leases? Or only if you purchase a car?

We currently have a loaded accord. Actually it would be our 5th.

But since Toyota has been in the news. We thought the prices might be right.

For example the accord has $1200 dealer cash incentive as well as the $0 $0
    $0 $0 program. Add a low .09% rate

So I am hoping The Camry has something to compete with this?

I heard Toyota is up40% last month. I guess everyone tried to take advantage of all the bad news.

Will the new incentives be at the link you provided me?

BTW Thanks again for the help
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm not sure about the leases. The incentives will be on the link. I checked with several dealerships in March and the all gave better deals in the last 2 weeks of march.
  • Options
    1.9% for 60 months on 2011 Camry's and 0% on the 2010. No bonus cash back.
  • Options
    Yes I see that. I will look back in the forum for the money factors on the Camry. The specials do not help me. I will try to get a quote today and compare to the accord. Apples to Apples

TY for the help
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I do not think this will be a great month for Toyota sales compared to last month. The 2010 Camry's are almost gone and the deals weren't all that amazing IMO. The 2011 Camry's are more expensive and the rates are at 1.9% with $500 cashback. However the media is eating them up again. I think most of the people who wanted to buy a Toyota this year did so in March. This will be the month the incentives will be put to the test.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I just learned that Toyota is still selling defective vehicles despite the warning about the gas pedals. They say the new vehicles are not affected until its driven for a while. Why are they still allowed to sell the vehicles if they haven't been fixed? Here is my source http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2010-01-26-toyota26_ST_N.htm?obref=obinsite That makes the 2010 and maybe in 11's less valuable in my book.
  • Options
    thetxstangthetxstang Member Posts: 28
    I may be overlooking something, but your linked article was last updated on January 27th of this year.