Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    johnxyzjohnxyz Member Posts: 94
    Thanks. Looks like a 2011 Prius then instead of the Camry (they are made in Japan and I do not believe use the same pedal as a Camry - just need to fix the Braking s/w glitch, I suppose).

When is a new re-design due for the Camry - 2012? (can't wait that long....)
  • Options
    jubaejubae Member Posts: 16
    The new design for the Toyota Camry will be 2012 model. It should be out in January 2011. The 2011 model was out months ago.

Here is a link to a concept design http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276376
  • Options
    leoaugleoaug Member Posts: 1
    I am offered OTD price of $23000 for CAMRY LE 2010 in Northern California.
    Is it a good deal or should I wait ?
  • Options
    jchorsjchors Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    I've been looking the past 2 months for a commuter car (for mileage, reliablility and some creature comforts) and ended up leasing a base 2011 Camry 4cylinder with automatic last Thursday after comparing it to what Honda and Mazda had to offer. The 2010 Accord LX was on a lease special for $250/mo + Tax/Lic, with zero drive-off costs. Their smaller Civic LX was going for $210/mo + T/L, with zero drive-off. The Mazda3 S was $259/mo + T/L, also zero drive-off. I got a 36 month lease on my Camry, 12K mi/yr (15c/mi thereafter) for 35 payments of $191/mo ($210/mo including T/L) with absolutely no money out-of-pocket, at Frontier Toyota in Valencia, Ca. What a bargain! It wasn't an advertised special; I just played hardball with the sales mgr until he relented. The sales mgr grumbled that I was asking for a better deal on his 2011 model than he was getting for left-over 2010's, but with Toyota having just gone through the ringer re. the over-hyped pedal issues, they're willing to deal like never before to win back customers. Advantage: ME! So much car for the money. Barter while you can.
  • Options
    No, I don't think thats a good OTD price unless it has alloy wheels or some extra package. But in you region they may just be higher priced. In my area Honda Accords are about $3000 less than a Camry OTD. The new Honda's are ugly IMO.
  • Options
    john_1522john_1522 Member Posts: 11
    I just learned that Toyota is still selling defective vehicles despite the warning about the gas pedals. They say the new vehicles are not affected until its driven for a while. Why are they still allowed to sell the vehicles if they haven't been fixed? Here is my source http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2010-01-26-toyota26_ST_N.htm?obref=obinsite That makes the 2010 and maybe in 11's less valuable in my book.

----------------------------------------------

Thanks for the article from 1/27!!!! This article came out when the stop sale was announced.
  • Options
    russharrisrussharris Member Posts: 16
    Hey how about this?

I went to a local Toyota dealership in NJ and spent one and a half hours with a salesman discussing terms and conditions of a 2010 Camry LE lease. Got it down to $240 a month including taxes with $1167 for the standard MVC fee, Bank fee, Tire fee, etc. No money down.

The salesperson wanted to make a sale and the night manager came with a $225 per month offer. I had to hear a story on how he was only making $350 profit on the lease.
    He left and then I made a final pitch with the salesman. I told the salesman that last year I leased a Toyota with the dealership and I wondered whether that customer loyalty would be a consideration for a final offer from the night manager.

The night manager came back with no change at all. Instead I had to hear a speech from him that if I did not like the price he gave me I could just go somewhere else. It made no matter to him that I had previously leased a Toyota from his place. He started hitting the desk to make his point. The salesman and I looked in disbelief.

I turned down $225.00 per month including taxes, $1167 at signing, and I did leave.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I wouldn't go back there again, it's there loss. I am waiting for the 2012 Camry with push button start, better fuel economy and new design.
  • Options
    yeekyeek Member Posts: 18
    Toyota is now offering 25,000 mile, 2 year free service for first time buyers. About how much will that save me on a Camry?

Thanks!
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    edited April 2010
    ??? maybe 150 - 200 bucks ???, 60 if you do the work yourself.

Two oil changes and tire rotations. Everything else is covered under warranty if something breaks..
  • Options
    awn7eawn7e Member Posts: 12
    Good for you for walking out!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, it's not much of a deal to me at all.
    Does anyone know how well Toyota's are selling right now? I think business has slowed down since the 10's are almost gone.
  • Options
    civic4me3civic4me3 Member Posts: 12
    I live in central NJ and am looking to purchase a 2011 Toyota Camry SE V6 leather with the following options: side molding, auto start/alarm &, wheel locks. I'm looking for quotes and would appreciate anybody's feedback as to what they have recently paid (where/when) Open to suggestions as to where I should go.

Color: not completely sure yet either: Silver or White
  • Options
    h_samh_sam Member Posts: 7
    Just confirmed a 28,714 (+tags/tax) deal for a fully loaded 2010 Camry Hybrid. Given the proliferation of electronics in the car, I am considering an extended warranty. (also to help resale, if required).

Could anyone let me know what these should typically cost? Am picking up the car later this evening.

thanks!
  • Options
    lavshanulavshanu Member Posts: 6
    Hi..I am also looking for camry..Did you buy the camry? if so how much ? waht are the options? Thx for sharing the info

Ravi
  • Options
    Hi..I am also looking for camry..Did you buy the camry? if so how much ? waht are the options? Thx for sharing the info

Ravi
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    You don't need to buy the warranty tonight. You can buy it at your local dealership or some other dealership at a later time. Don't buy without price shopping.

There is a dealership in the midwest somewhere, that sells them online. They've been at a price substantially better than you can get at local dealership.

Have you done comparison shopping, like :

2011 Hybrid 26.7K

2010 Hybrid 26.1K

Don't know what features you have on your's, compare the MSRP on the vehicles to see if it's apples to apples.
  • Options
    h_samh_sam Member Posts: 7
    I finally purchased the TCH at Fitzmall, Chambersburg - PA. It came to 28,714 (+ tax, title). It is a top of the line 2010 model with all options (leather/premium sound/nav/backup camera/sunroof etc..). The only things missing were foglamps.

I did eventually go for a 7Y/100K plat. warrant for 1450. The dealer was upfront about their 'profit' on the warranty, and generally very helpful. Definitely recommend this dealership.

Anyway, if I get a better price on the warranty in 30 days, I'll can always 'return' this one...
  • Options
    I can't wait to see the prices in December they cannot stay out of the news.

Toyota recalling 600000 Sienna minivans‎
    http://www.freep.com/article/20100417/BUSINESS01/4170367/Toyota-recalling-600-00- 0-Sienna-minivans
  • Options
    btiger14btiger14 Member Posts: 20
    Would appreciate thoughts/feedback on following price.

$29,000/OTD for a Camry XLE w/Value Package #1.
  • Options
    addition to my prior message.

Price is $29000 OTD for a 2011 Camry XLE with Value Package #1. Would appreciate feedback on this price
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It's pretty impossible to work off an out the door price, when there are different counties and states which have different tax rates. You could find more than a $1K swing in taxes alone. That's how you need to compare when you have a couple offers from your local dealerships (because they would all include the same tax rates and DMV fees), but when you ask in a national forum like this it's a question that has no relevance for comparison.

If you indicate the MSRP of the vehicle (so that we can be sure of apples to apples features with your 'value pack 1'), then give the offer price (including dealer admin fees etc) which is everything EXCEPT tax, tag, and license fees......it's possible to get some useful compare info.

A good online price comparison for you, which is a dealership that has good aggressive no hassle pricing, is www.fitzmall.com. From your armchair, you should be able to find a vehicle in their inventory that matches what you are interested in. Add to that your local tax,tags, DMV charges....and you have a good target price.
  • Options
    The offer price is $27062 with $1624 sales tax and $314 in DMV fees
  • Options
    2011 XLE w VP#1
    Florida purchase

MSRP 30420
    offer 27062
    tax 1624
    dmv 314
    total offer 29000 accepted. w/o promtional finance rates
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Is that a 4 cylinder I-4 XLE, or a 6 cylinder V-6 XLE ?
  • Options
    The car is a V6 XLE with VP#1
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Looks like you got a very reasonable deal.

Closest match at fitzmall is:
    2011 XLE-6 , which has msrp about 200 more (has an extra seat trim feature), which is then ultimately 500 more than your deal.

Normally (IMO) I've seen good deals in Fla to be about 600-750 higher than the MD geographic area.

I'd jump on it, that dealership offer is aggressive.
  • Options
    I think it would be better if it included the 0% financing
  • Options
    lol, of course it would.

It would be better if it was 1K cheaper as well.

If you're on the fence, shop the deal more at some other dealers. Just wait too long and loose this one. I suspect they're trying to close this one to get it in this month paycheck. Deals available one week, may not be available another week.
  • Options
    mike34236mike34236 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    Apologies if this is in the wrong section, but I'm looking for opinions on a used Solara. I've never owned a Toyota (Saturn coupes for the last 8 years) so I'm unsure what's considered a good deal.

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/1706756916.html

Quick rundown is $4k OBO for 99 Solara V-6 auto w/all options and states "cold AC".
    Mileage is 153k. That's the part that scares me, but it's in my budget. Opinions?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Used cars are all sold 'as-is', so if you buy it, it's your's......whether it has problems or not, and whether it blows up the next day or not.

You should always take a vehicle to a really good mechanic PRIOR to purchase, and have them check it out for you. Even then, there are things that they can't really inspect (internals of engine or transmission), but they should be able to give you a pretty good inspection. You should also buy a Carfax, which may indicate damage from prior wrecks.

You may spend $100 bucks, but find a problem which the owner did (or did not) know about. You may decide to not buy the car, or buy it by negotiating down because of found problems.
  • Options
    kabooziekaboozie Member Posts: 15
    I am also in FL and just got this offer ...what are your thoughts on it? $26,300 for an XLE V6 before tax and dmv

Base $29,245.00
    Options $0.00
    Manuf. Delv, Proc, & Hndlg $775.00
    Subtotal $30,020.00
    Dealer Fees $600.00
    Total $30,620.00
    Your Price: $26,300
  • Options
    kabooziekaboozie Member Posts: 15
    I am getting closest to a deal with a dealership that has 2 cars on their lot that are 2011...no Camrys. They have one Sienna and one Avalon.

It just sits weird with me, like maybe they are having financial problems? I looked them up on dealer rater.. only three reviews and score is 3.5

Competitors have 2011 models.

So if I strike a deal with this one guy he has to find a car...then I bet it will have more options than I want and my "deal" will go poof.

I hate this. :cry:
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Maybe he's giving really good deals, and selling everything that he can get his hands on...

I'd prefer that type of dealership, than someone who is really 'proud' that they have a new show vehicle...and won't let it go except for top dollar.
  • Options
    I am trying to buy a 2011 camry but dfw dealers not coming down on their prices below 20k +TTL for basic LE model. Should I wait till end of the 2nd quarter to get the better bargain? or someone can give me the least price they have paid for 2011 Camry recently.

Appreciate your help!! :confuse:
  • Options
    silvercoupesilvercoupe Member Posts: 326
    Using fitzmall.com for comparison, looks like the price you are being quoted is fair:

http://www.fitzmall.com/fitzway/carfind/resultsa.asp
  • Options
    pochirajupochiraju Member Posts: 19
    hi all,

i like camry for its quite ride but recent recalls have got me thinking. please can anyone in this forum suggest if its safe to buy camry 2011 and what kind of steps toyota has taken to fix the pedal issue.

also advice on what kind of a price i expect to pay for it.

thanks so much,
    sandy
  • Options
    I would wait until the redesign model this January. Or if you just have to have a 2011 I would wait until Dec when the try to move the 2011 models off the lot before the new year.
  • Options
    unfortunately, my car broke and i need to buy one. so i can not wait until dec.
    thank u
    sandy
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    check for prices online at a no-hassle dealer, and use to compare to local deals
    www.fitzmall.com

I have a 2007 LE, and it's been one of the best most reliable vehicles we've owned. The pedal recall was an easy 30 min fix, no big deal. 50K+ miles (got in early 2006), replaced the tires, battery, and windshield wiper blades....all normal maintenance items. Obviously change the oil and filter on maint schedule. It was the everyday family car since we bought it.

My daughter drives it now, we'll probably also be getting a '11 as she takes that one off to college.
  • Options
    the_shooterthe_shooter Member Posts: 1
    Got a base Camry LE earlier this month. MSRP $22,850. It was a demonstrator car that had about 4,000 miles on it. Paid $20,500 with 60 months at 0%, $0 down - I could have paid $19,500 instead of taking the special financing, but the financing worked better for me. I think the financing deal has since expired. Not sure it was the greatest deal ever, but it was a painless process and the dealer was courteous.
  • Options
    fitzmall has a price of 19799 for 2011 camry LE including shipping. so does it mean, i should be asking the same car for 19000 at local dealer?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,385
    The Fitzmall price doesn't include shipping (to your location). It includes destination, which is the transportation fee at the bottom of every Monroney sticker.

They quote it that way, because many shady dealers will try to add that later, to a lowball quote that they don't intend to honor.

If you can get your local dealer to match the Fitzmall price, that's usually a pretty good deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    aah... i see.. i got confused between when it said, "freight included".
    thank u so much for the clarification.

Please can you throw some light on how safe it is to buy a camry given the recalls? i like camry for the way it drives but now i am skeptical about its safety. does anyone know of what kind of steps toyota took to fix the issue it had in 2010 models.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,385
    edited April 2010
    Wow... wouldn't know where to start on that..

We have a discussion.. once very active, that has slowed down considerably. You can check that out here:
    Toyota Halts Sales of Popular Models - Accelerator Stuck Problem Recall

I

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    crvexl4wdcrvexl4wd Member Posts: 35
    I bought RAV4 Sports 4 Cyl 4WD AT and Camry LE on April 30 and traded my Acura MDX Tech. Here are the prices.
    Acura MDX Tech 2008 23K miles was traded for 35K (KBB Excellent condition traded in price was $36K and Good condition was $34K)

2010 New RAV4 Sports 4 Cly 4WD AT was bought for $23951 (including Dest) Plus tax (8%), Doc fee $154.38, title $194, County tax and fee $40. Options included were BC, FE, QX, RM, TC, CF.

2010 New Camry LE was bought for $21K (including Dest) Plus tax (8%), Doc fee $154.38, title $194, County tax and fee $40. Options included were FE, SR, CF. Then I got $1.5K Toyota Rebate too to make price even lower.

Also I paid $700 for each vehicle for 8 years 75K miles Toyota Bumper to Bumper extended protection plan.

Trade in benefit was applied to both cars and I paid only $11451 out the door for both cars.

Also Toyota is giving free maintenance for 2 years for both cars.

How is this deal? Can anyone suggest good online retailer for accessories like all weather mats, trunk tray, wheel locks, Rear bumper applique, cargo net and rear spoiler.
  • Options
    I buy WeatherTech mats for all my vehicles, they are excellent. Both cabin seating and trunk/cargo areas.
  • Options
    parcaraparcara Member Posts: 1
    XLE V 6 Look at Bryian Easler Toyota web site,They list retail sticker and selling prices. NO DOC FEES, My XLEV 6 sticker 30,500 paid 25,400 plus tax and tag,
    a guide fot selling price.
  • Options
    qsg1119qsg1119 Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

Anybody here have had experience in buying at Gault Toyota? I am looking to buy a certfied car from them, would like to know how was your experience and if their certified cars are dependable. Thanks
  • Options
    modistmodist Member Posts: 2
    Hi - just picked up my new 2011 Base Camry Manual (MSRP $20,545) for $17,144 with 0% APR for 60mo and 2yr free maint. Purchased at McGeorge Toyota in Richmond, VA. Couldn't be happier with the car. Really like the 6spd shifter. Certainly a very well appointed base model.