Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    cc62966cc62966 Member Posts: 30
    Sounds like an exceptional price. Is that total out the door or + TTL? There is hardly a difference between the base and the LE. Except base models and particularly the manuals are harder to find!
  • Options
    modistmodist Member Posts: 2
    +TTL but VA's only 3%. For whatever reason this dealer had 7 manuals. I went with the Silver/Ash but they had about one in every color. Was in & out in about 40 minutes.
  • Options
    kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    This might be a good weekend to pick up a car. I've gotten offers on an LE of $100 over invoice from salesmen with 4 internet departments at $500 under. The $500 cash rebate or 0% is additional. Is that about what I should I expect?
  • Options
    ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    Am confused by your post-- is your offer $100 over invoice OR $500 under invoice? And then would you also get the 0% AND $500 rebate as well?
  • Options
    Sorry, pilot error. My inquiries submitted through internet sales sites Zag & TrueCar have gotten responses of $500 under invoice plus either an additional 500 or 0% interest for 60 mos. The $500 rebate cannot be combined the the 0% interest offer.
  • Options
    rhhudson1rhhudson1 Member Posts: 1
    2011 Camry XLE. 4 cyl, Xtra Value Packages #2 and #3 (leather, navi, push to start, )
    MSRP $30,098-
    Sales Price $27,100
    Tax- $948
    Doc- $289
    Tag- 16.50

OTD- $28,353 @0%

Used this forum a great deal to negotiate price.. Thanks!!
  • Options
    semplicesemplice Member Posts: 2
    I am getting a 2010 Toyota Camry LE V6 for $22,400 OTD in the NC/VA area. However they are NOT giving me the 0% financing for 60 months. Is this a good price and a deal?
  • Options
    qsg1119qsg1119 Member Posts: 7
    Just bought a certified 2010 CAMRY SE this weekend with 13K miles on it. It was listed at $18,995 but was able to get it at $16,995. However, I just noticed the rear bumper like it had been hit or something, the dealer agreed to fix the rear bumper. Carfax did not show any accident history and it is certified. Do you think I got a good deal with this Camry with the bumper issue?
  • Options
    If is wasn't serious enough for you to notice it when you bought the car...and the dealer will fix it anyway, what's the issue? Looks like a good price.
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    You don't give enough info to make an assessment, don't know what options/features you have.

Take your MSRP, and compare to a vehicle at www.fitzmall.com.

You should seriously think about a 2011 at this point. A 2010 has already depreciated a year as soon as you drive it across the dealership curb. At some point when you go to sell it, or something happens insurance-wise....it's worth substantially less.
  • Options
    semplicesemplice Member Posts: 2
    kiawah,

Thank you for the reply. I got alloy wheels, a spoiler (LE extra value package) and a dealer installed auto dimming mirror.

I did consider the insurance thing, however I thought the deal I got was good, hence I jumped on it.
  • Options
    That's the thing, I only noticed the rear bumper the second time I looked at the car after closing the deal. I should have looked at it twice or thrice before agreeing on the final price. I think it was rear ended and they did a poor job restoring the bumper. Well, I will check it up tomorrow, hopefully it would look like the stock SE bumper and not re-built by a cheap body shop.
  • Options
    Just came back from the dealer and was very disappointed, the dents on the bumer is still there and is very visible. The other manager said he would not change the bumper, they will just have it sanded and repainted. I think sanding and repainting the bumper will not remove the dent. Not sure why it passed the 160 point inspection for the toyota certification because it is clearly written the car should be free of dents, bumper should be free of cuts, gouges and scratches.
    Any advice out there on how to make the dealer change the bumper on the certified used camry? Thanks
  • Options
    Wait till you see the bumper after the sand and repaint. It may turn out a lot better than you expect. If you spotted the problem before you purchased the car you may have had a chance at a new bumper. Now you really don't have any leverage. If it were me I'd see how it turns out, then if it is still a problem I'd talk to the dealer. He might help you out if you approach him with a good attitude and not get too adversarial. If he won't replace the bumper maybe he'll give you some service credits, which basically cost him nothing. (If you didn't see the dents before the purchase they may be small enough for a good "paintless dent repair" guy to handle.)
  • Options
    nancy_2010nancy_2010 Member Posts: 4
    I got my car from the dealership like a month ago, it was a used car and I was trying to finance it with my uncle's credit.

They actually didnt lower the price, but they gave us a 3.0% interest rate for 5 years, which sounds to be a really good deal to me. Since me and my uncle didnt know his credit history, the dealer told us that he had a 8xx credit score that's why we got this deal. We were suprise about the score so we asked him to double check the ssn, and he came back saying the ssn has 8xx credit score.

We got the car, and a month later, we still havnt got anything from the dealer/toyota finance/dmv, but a call from them asking for a copy of the social security card.

I dont know if the credit score's the right one since I really dont know much about his credit, and he neither. So just in case, if they figured out they got the wrong credit, what do I have to do? Are they going to take the car back or do we have to sign another contract and pay a higher interest rate, or they will just give us the deal as is?

Thanks everyone.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,410
    Since your question isn't really specific to the Camry, try posting it here:

Questions About Financing New Vehicles

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    sf_siennasf_sienna Member Posts: 13
    I just bought a 2011 Camry LE 4-Cyl A/T:

$22,100 MSRP
    $ 750 Destination
    $ 200 Floormats
    $ 185 EVP Alloy Wheels
    ------------
    $23,235 TOTAL MSRP w/Options

After $750 Rebate I paid $19,173.

Adding Tax/DMV/Doc it was $21,429 OTD.

I got the same quote from 3 dealers in the SF Bay Area -- no haggling involved, all through email. This was a cash deal, no financing, no warranties, paint/fabric protection or anything else.

Toyota is now offering up to $1000 down payment match AND 0% for 36-months so I assume you can get an even better deal.

Comments?
  • Options
    aden123aden123 Member Posts: 1
    I bought this car last week from cerritos autosquare-Cashprice$ 20500,added toyota extra care 7yrs/100K for $1900,lo Jack $700-taxes,fees =Total$26000.
    4K down and toyota finance @ 0% for 22k..Is that a fair price i paid ?
  • Options
    crvexl4wdcrvexl4wd Member Posts: 35
    If you drive too much then it's fine otherwise you could have taken 8 years 75K miles for lot cheaper. I paid just 700 for that. For 7 years 100K I was offered 1400.
  • Options
    awn7eawn7e Member Posts: 12
    Doesn't sound like a good deal at all. On Dec 21 I purchased a 2010 Toyota Camry LE (4 cylinder) with alloy wheels for $20,500 OTD(!) in Raleigh, NC. If you email me, I will let you know contact info for the salesman.

Allan777@aol.com

PS: My experience tells me that it costs Toyota dealerships $ to give you the special financing deal and therefore a lot of them are reluctant to give it to you. In my case I paid cash (no financing).
  • Options
    entranscendentranscend Member Posts: 2
    I recently purchased a 2011 Camry LE for 19900 OTD, is that a good deal?
    We had to do a 4.75 60 month finance deal for a certain rebate, but we're planning to pay it off early so the interest is going to be around 150~

Essentially 20050 OTD for a 4cylinder 2011 Camry LE.
  • Options
    ronghrongh Member Posts: 4
    Where did you get the deal? Can you please share the information?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    That would be impossible to know, because states and counties have different tax structures.

If you post the MSRP of the vehicle (to be sure of an apples to apples vehicle), the negotiated down to price, the tax/title/DMV fees (and additional dealer admin fees if they add on more profit), and then the OTD price.....people would be able to assess whether the deal was good or not.
  • Options
    jimin327jimin327 Member Posts: 17
    edited June 2010
    im in the market for a 2011 Camry SE V6 with moonroof/spoiler package and JBL audio. Also, do all SE V6 trim lines automatically come with leather?

What price range should I be looking for as well as what prices have others been getting? I am located in the Philadelphia region. I am trying to get an idea before getting internet quotes from dealers.
  • Options
    Go check this online site, has two toyota dealerships within driving distance from you. Will give you a good reference point to compare the local deals against.

www.fitzmall.com
  • Options
    silvercoupesilvercoupe Member Posts: 326
    Also, do all SE V6 trim lines automatically come with leather?

According to the Toyota web site leather is an option for the SE V6.
  • Options
    terceltercel Member Posts: 2
    World TOYOTA, Atlanta, GA
    Traded in my used car and bought a silver LE (A/T) from this dealership on Tuesday after researching most dealers in GA.
    less than $19 K (plus dealer fee, tax, etc.)
    If you hate to be fooled around by dealers and want a fast and happy deal as I did, just go to World Toyota. And Roy Samuel will show you what the Dealer of the Year can offer to customers. BTW, the general manager is really nice, too.
  • Options
    terceltercel Member Posts: 2
    Sorry. Wrong number about the price.
    less than 18 K (plus dealer fee, tax, etc.)
  • Options
    hornsby23hornsby23 Member Posts: 5
    Hey folks, I'm working with World Toyota (Atlanta) on a deal for a 2011 Camry Hybrid, options/fees listed below. The TMV Edmunds gives me is 29706.

Upgrade Package w/Nav
    Moonroof Package
    Integrated Front Fog Lamps
    Heated Outside Mirrors
    SET Destination Charge for NC, SC, GA, AL and FL
    SET Administration Fee for NC, SC, GA, AL and FL
    50 State Emissions

I've got a "no haggle" quoted price of 27996. My plan is to finance with Toyota--0% 60 months and trade in a 02 Honda Civic. Probably put 2500-3000 down...what do you think?
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Nice deal, here the LE goes for $19,450 plus TT&L on the 2011's.
  • Options
    ahalyaa1ahalyaa1 Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased 2011 Camry LE at $19500 plus TTD. Total at $20638 OTD with 0% APR with taxes & title rolled over into loan at Lou Fusz Toyota in St.louis, Mo. Very productive & Helpful staff. Finished the deal with car with in 2 hrs. MSRP at $23,230.
  • Options
    drivmywifecrzydrivmywifecrzy Member Posts: 61
    What was the MSRP of the vehicle you purchased?
  • Options
    cc62966cc62966 Member Posts: 30
    I guess the price is not bad for a St. Louis dealer. I tried a couple of dealers in STL area (both MO and IL sides) and they were all very close in price and didn't offer a real good deal. I think East coast volume dealers have better prices, and I ended up getting one from Augusta, GA for a few thousands less.
  • Options
    ahalyaa1ahalyaa1 Member Posts: 2
    but also we were given unlimited powertrain & engine warranty as long as we hold the vehicle. Curious to know, how much did you pay for yours 2011 camry LE
  • Options
    auto_researchauto_research Member Posts: 4
    I have been thinking about purchasing a new Camry. Thinking that I might get better deals during the fall I thought I should wait for the summer to end. However at this point a new possible situation emerges. Previous body style Camry was launched in 2002 (not sure if it was offered for sale in 2001) and the current Camry was launched in 2006 as 2007 model year. It makes sense that Toyota might be planning to launch the 2012 Camry as a completely newly designed in mid 2011(might be as early as May) Does anyone have any information about the possibilities for a complete re-design for Camry and its possible launch date?
  • Options
    eka1eka1 Member Posts: 41
    Just got a Camry LE MSRP $23050 for $18995 including dest plus tax and MV fees...any idea how I did?
  • Options
    got it for $18995 and $1000 down payment and 0% 60months!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    jubaejubae Member Posts: 16
    If it was $18995 OTD then that is a great deal. I can't wait to see prices in December. I still want the 2012 Camry.
  • Options
    gampagampa Member Posts: 78
    .. 2012 Camry ? .. would that be a new body style?
  • Options
    fatal_errorfatal_error Member Posts: 2
    would you mind sharing which dealership?
  • Options
    auto_researchauto_research Member Posts: 4
    It is very likely. Looking at the previous body style launch years 2012 should be a completely new design. I would expect drastic price reduction for 2011's on november, december 2011
  • Options
    No, did not include tax and MV fees
  • Options
    where are you from?
  • Options
    fatal_errorfatal_error Member Posts: 2
    bay area
  • Options
    Parkway Toyota in No. Jersey
  • Options
    entranscendentranscend Member Posts: 2
    I got the deal in Orange County, CA. The MSRP was $23000~ I think. This includes a $1000 dollar rebate for recent graduates and you have to finance (but we're going to pay it off early)
  • Options
    leogleog Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2010
    Tell if this is a good price. 2011 Camry SE, Auto, Silver, Black Interior. I'm in Orange County, CA. Price is $21309 + TTL with 0% financing. Good or Bad.
  • Options
    scirclescircle Member Posts: 1
    After dealing with local (East Tennessee) dealers, I got in touch with Jim Barkley Toyota in Asheville, NC, about 120 miles from home. I couldn't believe the price: $18,688 + TTL for a Barcelona Red 2011 Camry LE with carpeted floor mats and alloy wheels. I saved nearly $3000 out-the-door (and after paying sales tax when registering in TN) versus the local dealers. The deal was easy, and we were only in the dealership about 1h15m, including a test drive.
  • Options
    ronghrongh Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I live in the same area. Do you mind share the dealership? I am also in the market to get one.
  • Options
    ybuycarybuycar Member Posts: 5
    what's the tax rate in St louis? 19500 + ? = 20638
    Did you use college graduate rebate? give me more detail info about your deal.
    I'm in illinois, and consider buy a car from st louis.