Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jajjaj Member Posts: 55
    Your invoice price looks to me $500 higher than it should. DId you calculate on your own or rely on the dealer to provide it to you? That's a start.
  • Options
    zisince32zisince32 Member Posts: 5
    I bought a 328i sedan, blue water metallic + premium package + Steptronic in the Bay Area MSRP $38600 - 5500 = 33100 + TTL = 37K OTD. 5500 = 3000 from dealer + 2500 from BMW finance.
  • Options
    hukhukhukhuk Member Posts: 6
    Which dealership did you buy the 328i at?
  • Options
    smagnetsmagnet Member Posts: 5
    Here's an update. Finally closed the deal on a 328i coupe:
    MSRP: 44000
    Invoice (Edmunds/ Yahoo Auto): 40535
    Invoice (reported by dealer): 40405
    Final Price: 40405
    Less spring credit: 37905
    Add TTL: OTD 38358

Quite happy with the result, considering it's my first time negotiating w/ the dealers. Good luck to you all.
  • Options
    emanuele1emanuele1 Member Posts: 5
    the 2011 is already out and the isn't any major changes unless you want 335coupe. it is called 335is now and it looks more like m3. but there isn't any lease deals on2011
  • Options
    Correction:
    OTD 39358
  • Options
    I got a quote from a dealer. Is it a good deal?

328i South Africa in Space Gray Metallic with Black Dakota Leather
    options:
    Value Package: iPod and USB Adapter
    Satellite Radio w/ 1 year Subscription

it sits at $32,250 after the BMW Finance special.
  • Options
    babytwister88babytwister88 Member Posts: 7
    Just purchased 2010 328xi Sedan w/ Xenon, Premium, Sport, Value, Split 60/40, and Heated Steering, priced for $42,700. Luckily BMW manufacture is giving out spring drive discount of $2500 + $1800 discount = $4300 off from the car, that's unbelievable. I was planning to purchase Audi A4 that day, it is a good car with good price but with bad interior quality. I ended up the same price as Audi, ofcourse BMW has much better quality inside-out.
  • Options
    leo1977leo1977 Member Posts: 17
    every dealer I ask about the $1800 discount tells me it only applies to 335 hmm
  • Options
    I was going to get this car, it is very good in price. No other car can beat this price with this kind of quaility. I got 328xi.
  • Options
    The BMW website show it gives $2500 spring drive discount and about $1000 addition towards the discount.
  • Options
    loranzoloranzo Member Posts: 7
    Just heard back from the dealer
    328, premium pkg, auto, i-pod, leather, wood
    MSRP 38,050
    Dealer Disc 2500
    Spring Credit 2500

Total 33,050+ TTL
    Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    Which dealership did you buy the 328i at?

BMW of Fremont. I bought my car through the Internet Sale Department. Ask for Wing Tung, he is very reasonable and fair at the price. Dealing through email is much better than one on one when you walk in the dealership but you have to know what you want and how much you willing to pay. You tell him the price and he will let you if it is doable. Remember you have to send an email asking for a price quote and ask for his help. If you walk in, there will be a different sale department to deal with you. BMW incentive of 2500 will expire at the end of the month. After that he won't be able to give you $5000 off MSRP.

Good luck....
  • Options
    Just heard back from the dealer
    328, premium pkg, auto, i-pod, leather, wood
    MSRP 38,050
    Dealer Disc 2500
    Spring Credit 2500

Total 33,050+ TTL
    Is this a good deal?

It is a good deal. After April 30, you won't get the Spring Credit of 2500. You might be able to haggle a couple more hundreds depend how bad dealer want to sell the car.
  • Options
    loranzoloranzo Member Posts: 7
    Ya not so much in a hurry. I am sure the 2500 credit will come back during the holidays. Thanks for the confirmation.
    On another note I heard the 2011's are going to be considerably expensive than the 2010. How true is this?
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is looking to speak to recent luxury car buyers/owners who considered a Lincoln but then decided against it. Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by Tuesday, April 20, 2010.
    Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    xeyexeye Member Posts: 168
    I've ordered a 2011 335i xDrive and the prices are the same as the 2010 although the packaging is a little different. They now have Priority Options like certain paint and PDC, for example.

My car is now Awaiting Transport, and definitely won't get here fast enough. All prices at invoice, less $1,840 xDrive Option Credit. $750 profit for the dealer. They need to eat, too.

Tasman Green Metallic
    Oyster w/Black Leather
    H/K Surround Sound (HD Radio is standard now)
    Satellite Radio
    Heated Steering Wheel (N/C)
    Park Distance Control, front & rear
    Premium Package
    Sport Package
    Cold Weather Package

Oh, and All Weather Rubber Floor Mats.
  • Options
    drbotelladrbotella Member Posts: 2
    BMW 335 xi 2010
    Includes:

Montego Blue Metallic
    Steptronic automatic trans
    Cold weather package
    Premium Package
    Heated Steering wheel
    Sport Pkg
    Nav
    ipod/usb adapter

List Price:54200

Spring Credit:-2500

Dealership rebate:-2900

Selling price:48800

Residual:57%/36 months

Money Factor including BMW loyalty:0.00095

Total money down including all taxes, fees and first month: 3447.13

Monthly payments: $577

CT Dealership. Any comments?

In
  • Options
    Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
    Or it's like lease where they have extra bank fee associated with it?
  • Options
    tdbrphtdbrph Member Posts: 40
    Way too much to put down on the lease. Find out what the breakdown is on the down payment. Goal should be to put minimum down unless it is multiple security deposits that you will get back.

T
  • Options
    debart97debart97 Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a brand new left over 2009 335 convertible. It has convenience pkg plus some other options. Sticker read 56,000. I paid 46,000 minus my trade. The dealer is in south florida. How much lower could I have gotten the car. Not good at bargaining.
  • Options
    drbotelladrbotella Member Posts: 2
    Here is the breakdown:

First payment:607
    Security:0
    Tax on cap reduction:150
    Acquisition fee:925
    DMV fee:170
    Doc fee:499
    DMV/Doc tax:40
    Tax on fees:55

Total Cash on due:2447

Are these fees excessive?

Thank you for your input!
  • Options
    thebradthebrad Member Posts: 36
    Doctor:

Your deal sounds pretty solid. I would say that there are two locations for improvement if you feel like haggling:
    1. Acqusition fee is marked up $200, the standard BMW fee is 725. Dealers are allowed to mark this up, it is up to the consumer to argue.
    2. Doc fee of 499 is pure profit for the dealer (pretty much...they do have to process some "Docs". I would either try to negotiate the fee down (maybe split it, $250) or reduce the capitalized cost of the vehicle by the same amount.

It should be noted that the dealer did not mark up your MF and gave you the full BMW loyalty MF reduction, which is a no gimmicks deal. Like stated above your acq. fee is negligibly high and doc fees are very high (I live in FL and the doc fee is similar).
  • Options
    seekingaudia4seekingaudia4 Member Posts: 66
    Another option is to "play dumb". Tell them you can only afford to put down the first monthly payment, no more no less, and pay no more than $625 a month, see if they will do it.

Figure that the $1800 cash has to be rolled into the payment which should raise your payment to around $650 or more, so if they can do $625, the difference will have to come from lowering the doc and acquisition fees.
  • Options
    2000se2000se Member Posts: 14
    Tell me what you think?

2011 335D
    MSRP = $55850
    Res = 56% (@ 12k)
    MF = .0023
    Term = 36 months
    Neg Selling Price = $48,000 (included the $4500 eco-credit)
    Doc Fee = $250
    Acq Fee = $825
    Payment = $660/mth

I paid $1800 down and that was for
    $660 (1st months payment) +$825 (Acq Fee) +250 (Doc Fee) +$65(for something) = $1800.

Invoice was ~$51840. So taking $4500 from that left $47340.
    I figured $48000-$47340=$660 for dealer profit. Maybe a little more or less considering any prep fee that the dealership might have to pay or whatever...

Thoughts?
  • Options
    saranrsaranr Member Posts: 25
    What is this $1000 additional discount you are mentioning?
  • Options
    Thanks a lot, zisince32! You save my money by $1000.

I just followed your advice and I also got $5,360 off MSRP without any haggling with a dealer. Just a few of emails were good enough to get this deal.

What I drove back home today is...
    White 328i with Premium package. MSRP $38,050

The final sales price is $32,690 + free floor mats.
  • Options
    Anyone?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It seems a good deal to me, but the $4500 is good whether you buy a 2011 off the lot or order a 2011. For the same discount you may order a 2011, pay for the exact options you want, which may save a lot. Personally if you can wait, and order a 2011 for the same discount and lease deal, I'd order one.
  • Options
    This is for an ordered 2011. It will start production at the end of this month. Arriving at the performance center mid-june. Still think this is a good deal?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I think it is a great deal. I will look out for two things:

One, this car has a $900 tax credit (consult your accountant), according to the EPA site, if you lease it, the dealer may claim the credit not you. Make sure the dealer did not claim it or if they did you want to share it.

Two, the MF and RV can change in two months, hopefully for better. If so make sure you get the better deal. Just remember, if you do not take the delivery of the car, they cannot keep your deposit, at least that is what I heard.
  • Options
    hummm.. I was not aware that the dealer could claim the 900 tax credit! That sounds crazy! I will certainly check that.Thanks for the heads up. Also, do you think the MF and RV will get better?
  • Options
    I read it from the EPA site. Let us know what do you find out with the dealer.

I think the lease deal is likely going to get better over time but not sure. If not, you will just go with the current deal.
  • Options
    izzy300izzy300 Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2010
    Got an offer for a 2010 335xi

Premium package
    Nav
    Sports package
    Cold Weather package
    Auto
    Satellite Radio
    Ipod adaptor
    Harmon Kardon sound

MSRP: 53500
    Offer: 47800 + TTL

Should I bite?
  • Options
    kanchiskanchis Member Posts: 33
    Hey guys, wanted to see if I was getting a good deal or not? Here are the details.
    Car has mostly all the packages (premium, M sport, cold weather, Comfort access, Nav, Smart phone integration, Harmon Kardon surround sound system, iPod usb adapter, Automatic high beams)

Sticker (MSRP) = $57150
    Invoice (according to edmonds) = $52520
    Eco Credit = - $4500
    Maco(400)+Training fees(200) = +$600
    Dealer profit = +$435
    Negotiated price(Net Cap Cost) = $49055

Lease term is 15k miles for 36 months
    Residual (55%) = $31433
    MF = 0.00215
    Sales Tax = 6%

Monthly payment = $702.32 (Dealer rounded this to a flat $700)

Drive off payment
    Lease inception/bank fee/acquisition fee = +$725
    Doc Fee = +$599
    First payment = +$700
    Total = $2026

I currently have a loaded 2007 328i coupe (premium, sports, nav, cold weather, premium hi-fi)on a lease that ends in sept. I'm on a 15k 36 month lease and I'm way below my millage (I'm at 29k right now of 45k allowed). I'm in no hurry to get a car right now but I want to pull the trigger if i can get a good deal while the eco credit is going on. The dealer said that he will absorb the remaining payments of my car when i do take delivery of the 335d (which he anticipates would be around mid June if i put my order on April 30th). The dealer said that if the programs change for the better before I take delivery i will be able to make use of them, so all I'm really getting here is locking down a good eco credit rebate(if by any chance BMW decides to drop it next month). Also the dealer said that i might be able to get some money back on my lease trade in since they dont need to go buy the car at an auction, so they save some money which they will share with me. I personally dont think I'd be getting any, but if i do its all for the better. Most important thing is that It will not cost me anything to give my old car to them!

What do you guys think? Any areas that i can possibly improve on would be helpful. Thanks!
  • Options
    anowlananowlan Member Posts: 48
    Great deal. I paid $1250 dealer profit. The car is amazing and you will not regret the decision
  • Options
    csriram45csriram45 Member Posts: 56
    I am getting an internet quote for 2010 BMW 328I for $500 under invoice plus $2500 spring rebate. Is that a good deal or can I do better. Looking for a car with
    Premium Package and Heated Seats.. MSRP about 38050

Price after discount 33000 + tax and title etc.

Is this a good deal? Are there certain options that people think is like must buy or worth the value?
  • Options
    xeyexeye Member Posts: 168
    This sounds like a pretty good deal. I ordered a 2011 335i xDrive for invoice less $1840 discount for the xDrive. Mine will have:

Heated Steering Wheel
    Park Distance Control
    Satellite radio
    Harman Kardon Surround
    Cold Weather Package
    Premium Package
    Sport Package

As for the options, I don't know if you're a man or woman, and it really doesn't matter, but if you haul large objects like leaf bags, lumber or pack the house when you take a trip like my wife and I, I strongly suggest the Split Fold-Down Rear Seats. It's amazing what you can cram in there, but be careful! You're still cramming a BMW!

I've recently had 2"x10"x8' boards in my car with the trunk closed. I've had 10' and 12' boards with the trunk tied down. I couldn't even get those in my previous 4Runner!

I also would not go without the sport seats or the enhanced stereo. The Park Distance Control is very handy as well, and the 2011 non-M Sport Option has front AND rear whereas my current 2007 has only rear sensors.

I'd also like to be taller, but BMW wasn't offering that on the 2011.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    edited April 2010
    To me, sport pacakge is a must have. In addition, I would strongly recommend two "very very nice to have" options:

1. Xenon Headlights -- These auto-leveling lights not only enhance the night vision but also the look of the car.
    2. Comfort Access -- This allows you to open the doors and start the engine without pulling out the key. Most luxury cars have this feature as standard equipment, but BMW makes you pay for it.
  • Options
    1inov8r1inov8r Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy a 2004 BMW 330ci convertible 52,000 mi. with titanium silver/ grey, zhp pkg, navi, sport pkg, new 18's, prem sound. wind deflector, cover, 22,000. Vehicle is in Ca. I live in Fl. so I will also be paying shipping, (+/-800.00.)
    Is this a good price?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    tdbrphtdbrph Member Posts: 40
    kanchis,

ever thought about selling the 328i? Is it manual or auto. Send pics to tdbrph@yahoo.com
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,313
    You live in Florida and you have to go all the way to California to find a 3-series convertible? Are you buying a 6-yr-old car, sight unseen? Seems dicey..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    shaanashaana Member Posts: 6
    Your sales price is $32,690.. sounds great deal.. whats you final price with TTL and the interest rate you got
    -----------------
    I was offered for 2010 328 with automatic transmission and premium package + floor mats .. for $35,912 including TTL... + 0.9 % financing for 24 months

-------------
    what do you think for the price.

----------------------------
    I also want opinions for re-sale of 3 series.. How much do you think this will sell in 1.5-2 years with 12-15K miles on it

Most of you may know 3 series is changing in 2013 and new model will be available in summer 2102

Your opinions and comments are appreciated
  • Options
    kanchiskanchis Member Posts: 33
    tdbrph,
    My 328 is on a lease so I'm not selling it and its an Auto. The dealer where i live is going to buy it from BMW financial services and turn it in to a CPO. Its been babied since the day I got it and had no problems what so ever with very low millage on it. I'm sure the car will be available in my dealers lot as soon as I turn it in because they pretty much dont need to do anything to it to get it turned in to a CPO. If you are interested in it I can send you some pictures to take a look. On the other hand I do have the option of buying it out right now from BMWFS. I'll send you the details to your email.
  • Options
    shaanashaana Member Posts: 6
    328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
    ZPP Premium Package
    205 6-Speed STEPTRONIC Automatic Transmission
    Floor mats

where did you get the internet quote from. Can you please give the website link or email me a copy of quote .. batrasona@gmail.com

Thanks
  • Options
    1inov8r1inov8r Member Posts: 2
    Hello all,

I am looking into buying a private party 330 ci Conv. I live in Fl and the car is in California. It has 53,000 mi. All records, zhp pkg. navi, prem sound, new tires, very clean. $22,000 plus shipping. first of all is that good deal?
    2 more questions: 1. What is the ptotocol with the payment, shipping, and avoiding a potential scammer. 2. Is there any way to get buyer protection, similar to an eBay purchase?

Has anyone out there gone through this experience successfully? If so, please give
    me a tip or two. Many thanks in advance !
  • Options
    Was offered $1845 (MSRP 2095) for the 6yr/100K Maintenance Program Upgrade. I know with certainty that I'll drive the my new car (2010 328i coupe) for at least 6 years, but the price still seems too steep. Should I take it?? Has anyone here received better offer? Thanks.
  • Options
    jcleme1537jcleme1537 Member Posts: 10
    Two weeks ago I got a phenomenal deal on a bmw 335 coupe and just wanted to share it with everyone.

Here are the specs on the car:
    2010 335 coupe
    color-space gray/gray interior
    tiptronic
    M sport package
    antitheft alarm
    comfort access
    heated seats
    ipod adapter
    navigation
    satellite radio

total was 55,150

Here are the numbers:

2500/spring drive off credit
    3000/down
    .9 money factor/bmw loyalty program
    12k miles per year/ 36 month lease

578.00/month

Just wanted to share this with anyone if they were looking for the same car

Cheers!
  • Options
    ykangykang Member Posts: 88
    I think the price is pretty good. The best offer I got was $2095 and they usually add couple of hundred dollar mark-up. I live in Southern california. :)
  • Options
    tidegrilletidegrille Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for a 2010 328xi with the following options:

-value package
    -premium package
    -navigation
    -sat radio
    -keyless entry

What is the max amount I should pay with these options. 2500 spring drive credit is about to end so I need to act quickly. Any and all opinions are much appreciated!