Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Nissan Frontier

Comments

• Options
    dennisc2dennisc2 Member Posts: 10
    That quote must be for the XE as there was mention of the "value package"

Anyway, I have found that through carsdirect.com, you can get a fully loaded XE CC for only $500 over invoice, not bad. ! Unfortunately the SE is $1500 over invoice
  • Options
    jlee7jlee7 Member Posts: 25
    i'm currently in the process for carsdirect.com and my "locked in" price is $21198 for a 4x2, SE, pwr pkg, bed extender and mats. of course, not including tax, lic and doc fees. again, thats adds up to about +7% over invoice. but figuring that dealers can't even keep the SE's on their lots (up here in northern CA), it's not too bad of a price to pay. these cc's seem to be popular here in no.CA. and dealers are asking between $2000 - $5000 for dealer mark-up over MSRP! i should be getting my SE CC by 11/4. knock on wood
  • Options
    dennisc2dennisc2 Member Posts: 10
    Sorry that should have been "carorder.com" and not
    "carsdirect.com" (reference message #214) Actually for a loaded XE ( auto, power pkg, value pkg, bed liner, bed extender + mats) less
    than $400 over invoice.! cost not inc tax & lic = $19758. For Californians, out the door would be about $21,800. In addition I predict that by Feb we will see up to a $1,000 rebate after the Dodge and Fords start rolling out with the same 4 door config.
  • Options
    travismltravisml Member Posts: 10
    I was wondering if I could get some feedback from earlier posters who have purchased their crew cabs. I'm pretty sure I will be purchasing within the next six months and I was curious how the trucks are holding up.
  • Options
    glassdocglassdoc Member Posts: 1
    I did not mention, mine is the SE model, with everything except the roof rack and cass/cd pkg. Don't really miss the roof rack, looks goofy to me..And would serve no purpose, except as a hinderance when time to wax. For, those of you in Pa, looking for a great deal.. Ask for Joe Bush at Devon Nissan, he is the owners son.
  • Options
    pac1675pac1675 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a Green CC SE 4x2 with every option Nissan had to offer for the CC. MSRP $22,846 got it for 20,900, plus tax & title. I love it has room for the 3 kids & the ride is smooth & quite.
  • Options
    nunya1nunya1 Member Posts: 3
    Got an Aztec red 2x4 XE with 4 spd auto, power package, bed extender, bedliner, and side steps, for $21,000 out the door. I paid pretty much full MSRP plus a couple hundred for the dealer installed side step rails and a passive arming ignition cut out (that will save me a little on insurance).
    The build quality on this truck really is good, the fit and finish between the hood and fenders and doors and body is even and has very small gaps, except for the front bumper (I'm assuming it's becasue the bumper is mounted straight to the frame while the cab is isolated on bushings and to provide for flex). I can hit any interior panel even the console and dash with my fist and not illicit even a single rattle. The triple sealed doors definetly keep down the wind noise on the highway.
    The ride is actually really good considering this is a truck with a full ladder frame and leaf springs in the rear, much better than a Dodge Dakota I had a few years back.
    Just as a final note I was originally looking at 4 door cars in the $20,000 dollar range (baby on the way and the 2 door Z-24 we have now is too small) and I new that an Xterra was about 3 to 4 thousand dollars out of my price range. This Crew Cab Frontier will be perfect for a new family that has one or two young children. There is room in the bed to carry my 1000cc sportbike (tailgate down) or a couch (tailgate down)or a washing machine (tailgate up)(I do plan on adding a color matched canopy when they become available though).
  • Options
    edmack1edmack1 Member Posts: 4
    bed liners do more damage to truck body than any load can do!! buy the .375" thick custom rubber mat at walmart---$25-29, and heep 3/4 of those 4" dia. 48" long pool floats in the back to keep things from hitting the walls!!! wrap them up with a bungee cord when not in use.
    east coast central florida (vero beach,palm beach)area--full page ad last sundays paper----
    $1000 rebate--all in the area had names listed.
    test drive(me) really nice!!
    orlando area--$14999 for XE 5 spd. w/chrome
    grille-bumpers etc.!!
  • Options
    sounds like a pretty good, cost effective way to protect the bed...but i was thinking along the lines of a spray-in bed liner from Rhinoliners. anyone with experience with this product? i've just always heard of rust out problems with drop-in liners. i'd rather pay now for a worthwhile investment. plus, they can make the spray-in liner match the color of the truck.
  • Options
    donsurdonsur Member Posts: 12
    I just bought a Green CC SE 2 wheel drive with power package, bed liner, bed extender, utility package - yes roof rack installed. I went to 3 dealers here in Atlanta. All had plenty of CC XEs with power and VTP packages but only 2 had SE with utility package. Best deal in town was at Regal Nissan in Roswell. Got a great price - I think, invoice and great trade on my Honda CRV. Love the CC and the ride is excellent and quiet. I only have had it three days so I am still in happy happy land and cannot critique it sensibly at this point. So far the dealer and CC are terrific.
  • Options
    edmack1edmack1 Member Posts: 4
    rhino (etal) liners,are not cheap, seen ads here
    in melbourne florida,$325/400!!extreme sun in this area makes them soft-difficult to slide any thing on. the second alternative, is to bolt a
    piece of marine plywood (with plenty of poly-u on both sides and edges !!) make sure you use carriage bolts !! this also works on tailgate.
    you can get tailgate protector (same mat'l. as
    floor pad) at walmart. the main problem with the
    liners, over rail/under rail types, is vibration
    at high speed. they turn into ONE GIANT SANDING
    BLOCK, and next thing you know--the paint is gone.
    in my book,there right up there with
    other things--like bug deflectors-side window
    rain shields, as well as the fender well trim
    (wheel opening) that are always out of proportion
    (to big) with every other thing on the truck!!
  • Options
    h_bosih_bosi Member Posts: 9
    Just a comment on drop-in bedliner.

Yes, the bedliner DOES sand down the truck bed. However, my $15 solution was this: get some runner carpet from the local hardware store. Put the carpet under the bedliner. The bottom side of the carper is rubber, and tend to adhere a little bit onto the truck bed, therefore will not slide on the bed. This is quite true after a hot summer.

Any sliding/sanding is between the bedliner and the top of the carpet.

I have not tried the spray-on liners yet, even though they look nice. However, one advantage of the drop-in liner is this: the liner is smooth, and I can slide things - often large/bulky things - to the end of the truck bed. For my usage of the truck, that is a nice feature. Of course, that is just a matter of preference. Some people prefer the rough, high friction surface of the spray-on liner, where things do not slide around so easily.

/BOSI
  • Options
    guybguyb Member Posts: 1
    We like the XE 4x4 CC with manual transmission. We also like the value option package and the power package.
    1 Is there any good reason to look at the SE -- we are not interested in the sun roof.
    2 Is the 4x4 system primitive as compared to other systems
    3 Any leads on Canadain Pricing -- here is what we have found out?

Dealer Cost MSLP
    XE 4x4 Manual
    w/ VOP & PP $CDN 26,129 $CDN 28,998
    Freight & PDI $CDN 953

4 Are their dealer rebates that would allow for a bigger discount?

Appreciate your help!
  • Options
    npepnpep Member Posts: 11
    Anybody have one yet? What brand did you get and how do you like it? How much do they cost?
    Thanks, Nik
  • Options
    hey, sounds good to me. again, i'm supposed to take delivery of my SE, 4x2, pwr.pkg., mats, extender, in silver ice...this friday, 11/5, thru carsdirect.com. their quoted price...$21198. vehicle found in arizona according to my specs and will be flatbedded to sacramento, Ca. out the door should be around $22,900, maybe $23,000. i live in a 7.75% state tax area. so, we're not too far off from your numbers. i had to go to the internet for the truck because none of the 4 local dealers would get me a truck to my specs for this price. enjoy YOUR ride!
  • Options
    i was referring to living in connecticut. if it was that easy to get a great truck at a great price thru a dealer, then, man i wish i lived there. all the dealers out here in No.Ca. haven't made the shopping experience fun at all. oh yeah, about those wheels...whatcha gonna get? i was thinking about some new ones myself...like 18", as seen on original SEMA show truck. dealers out here have most xe's outfitted with polished 16"s and 265/45x16 BFG's(i think). they DO look good though! have fun customizing!
  • Options
    jcm4jcm4 Member Posts: 13
    Please let us know if carsdirect came through for you. I ordered a fully loaded (all pkgs with rack and sun roof too)yellow SE on 9/29. Carsdirect said it was a factory order so it would be 8 to 10 weeks. Called on 10/29 and every business day since to get an update on delivery. All I get is voice mail and no returned calls. Sounds like a brick and mortar dealer.
  • Options
    ok, so here i am on a thursday nite without my G.D. truck! (didn't wanna swear, in case little are reading) today is 11/4 and it is today that i was promised the vehicle on the webpage, when i placed the order. i was actually supposed to take delivery tomorrow, but NADA! real bummer since i was planning to drive it to lake tahoe for the weekend, rats! so here goes the story thus far...truck found in arizona last friday 10/29. supposed to be flatbedded to a local dealer in sacramento, ca. by today, so that i could finance thru nissan. another kicker...nissan was running 5.9%apr for 60months and that promo ended 10/31. sucks, because i was promised a vehicle on 10/27, but that one fell through, too. so now, i'll take 6.4% from bank one since nissan's no longer running their incentives. so, called my agent, said "car is ready for you to pick up!...its in Tustin!" for those of you not familiar with california...tustin is about 600miles away from sacramento. funny though, my agent actually caught himself. he says," oops, thats kinda far for you, huh?" duh, i should think so. then he goes on to tell me that now friday 11/5 is probably out of the picture for delivery, but monday 11/8 should be better. he then tells me to call him today 11/4 to check up on it. i called him at 11am and 2:30pm, NO CALLS BACK! he had mentioned that bank one would have to fed-ex loan-docs to me, which would take a day, so that they were signed and ready to go when the driver arrived. so, maybe monday, but i think more like wednesday. who knows...i'm getting really impatient and pissed. i've heard such positive things about carsdirect.com and unfortunately, i got stuck with the one exception to their good track record. i've even started combing the local dealers again to see if any of them have SE crew cabs that i may be willing to take. i'm getting desperate!! i'll keep you posted on any changes and news.
  • Options
    nunya1nunya1 Member Posts: 3
    I own a '00 Crew Cab and in case you all didn't know the Nissan Xterra has the same mechanicals as our Crew Cabs, engine, tranny,suspension, axles. There is a Yahoo group message board that has alot of good info and get's alot of traffic, so if anyone has any questions you could check there. They also seem to be a pretty active bunch of folks as far as finding out what type of aftermarket stuff and such is out there. If your interested here is the
    URL: http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/nissanxterraclubhouse
  • Options
    dcddcd Member Posts: 25
    I've seen a lot of bright orange CC's on the lots around here. There is no mention of it on the website, so I was wondering if this is just a TN thing?
  • Options
    ltgregltgreg Member Posts: 10
    I have allocations for crew cab frontiers. I can place orders at $500 over invoice for a crew cab and I can have them delivered anywhere in the continental USA.

Greg Stancill
    Internet Sales Manager
    Postmaster@BIGM.win.net
  • Options
    sciavillo17sciavillo17 Member Posts: 2
    first off,the truck a got in ct.is a 4x4 which i forgot to mention in my response.
    as far as dressup,i'm a fanatic when it comes to stuff like that.i like to look different than anyone else,but not to overboard with add ons.wheels are a first with me,especially when nissan gives you those gross 4 spokes.man,what are they thinkin'?.
    BE CAREFUL WITH RIM SIZE AND TIRE WIDTH.CAN DEFENITLEY MESSUP THE RPMS ON THE ENGINE AND EXACT SPEEDOMTER READING.
    STICK WITH A NICE RIM WITH 16X7 FACTORY SPECS.
    SAWW THE OZ NAVAJO 5 SPOKE WHICH WOULD LOOK GREAT ON THIS TRUCK,BUT ITS ONLY AVAIL. IN A 8.5 WIDTH.
    WON'T WORK WITH THE 255X65'S TAT THE TRUCK COMES WITH. WHEELS AND A CAP..WHAT ELSE DO YOU really need to TURN HEADS. GOOD LUCK!
  • Options
    sounds like a great price to me...i figured the 4x4 SE invoices at $21899 before delivery, so you're maybe around the 2-3% above invoice, CONGRATS! i'm ordering through carsdirect.com and it has been PROMISED TO BE AT MY HOME BY FRIDAY 11/12! my price for a 4x2 SE, pwr.pkg, mats, extender = $21,096 inc, delivery. i couldn't afford the 4x4 and couldn't justify the need, either. i had to go internet because that was the ONLY way i could find a silver ice color with all the goodies. can't even tell you how excited i am...hey about wheels...i plan on going to the snow in the winter. does the road salt affect the finish on polished aluminum wheels? i noticed a lot of steel wheels on the 4x4's in the snow areas. maybe i'll opt for clear coated or painted...thanks for your posts!
  • Options
    sounds like a great price to me...i figured the 4x4 SE invoices at $21899 before delivery, so you're maybe around the 2-3% above invoice, CONGRATS! i'm ordering through carsdirect.com and it has been PROMISED TO BE AT MY HOME BY FRIDAY 11/12! my price for a 4x2 SE, pwr.pkg, mats, extender = $21,096 inc, delivery. i couldn't afford the 4x4 and couldn't justify the need, either. i had to go internet because that was the ONLY
  • Options
    c2mtnc2mtn Member Posts: 3
    I had to drive a couple hours, but was worth it.Paid $612 over dealer invioce and $520 destination; tax, tag and $397 fee. Wasn't quite sure about the fee but still ended up $1450 less then MSRP. I really like the ride and am happy with the colors;gr/tan. it has pwr,utl,liner,mats and bedext.
  • Options
    Has CarsDirect delivered your CC yet?

My CarsDirect saga continues. Back on 9/29 I ordered a Solar Yellow automatic 4x2 CC with the Power, Sports, and Utility packages plus bed liner, bed extender, and floor mats. CarsDirect said they looked all over the country and couldn't find what I wanted and would have to get it from the factory. They said it would take four to six weeks. I said OK.

On 10/29 I called my advisor to see what was up. No answer, so I left a voice mail. I called back several times and still no reply. Then, on 11/4, I learned the trick of getting a hold of someone at CarsDirect. Ignore the "Press 1 if you know your party's extension". You'll just get sent to voice mail hell. Stay on the line until an operator picks up. Then ask the operator to go get whoever you are looking for (they all must work in one big room).

So my advisor tells me that he was just going to call me to let me know my CC should be in a few days. He gives me his personal pager number. On 11/8 I call back to see what's up. He doesn't answer my voice mail to either his phone or "personal" pager. I used my 11/4 trick. He tells me my CC is "out of port" and on its way to be prepped. I should get it on 11/11 or 11/12 and I can either pick it up at Turner Nissan or have it delivered.

I don't hear anything on 11/11 and leave a couple of voice mails. I drive by Turner Nissan and see a Solar Yellow CC in the back. On 11/12, after leaving several voice messages, I do the 11/4 trick again and get a hold of my advisor. He tells me the dealership made a mistake. The truck they ordered didn't have the Sports and Utility packages and was missing bed extender and the bed liner (he didn't mention the floor mats, but one can only assume). He now says he and his manager are scouring the United States to find me what I want (see first paragraph about having to order from factory).

How mad am I? I'm sure you can guess.

Does anyone out there have the email address of the CarsDirect CEO?
  • Options
    sciavillo17sciavillo17 Member Posts: 2
    your 397.00 fee that you paid into your final price is the fee that nissan includes in the sale of the vehicle for their out of pocket expenses for what you see in the papers and on t.v.
    thats their REDICULOUS ADVERTISING FEES TO THE PUBLIC.WHEN I BOUGHT,I TOLD THE DEALER THAT I REFUSED TO PAY THAT FEE.AT THAT TIME IT WAS 235.00
    HE DID LET IT SLIDE,BUT IT IS USUALLY INCLUDED IN THE PRICING OF THE VEHICLE LIKE A OPTION.NOT FARE.SORRY FOR THE BAD NEWS
  • Options
    go back to the smart shopper board...i left a response there for you. all i can add is be patient...it'll have taken me about 4 weeks to get my truck. the delay, as explained to me by my CD associate, is because these are still 2000 models and fairly new. on top of that, locating one EXACTLY to your specs takes time and probably is the hardest part. for me, i could've taken a sand dune SE with all my requests, but i didn't want a drop-in liner. they wouldn't take it out so i didn't buy it. it was worth the wait since they ended up finding my silver ice truck in arizona and had it trucked to no. CA. i'll let you know on thursday, if i get it or not. that is my guaranteed day.
  • Options
    Very unusual day.

Last Friday I found the email address of the CarsDirect CEO. Sent him a copy of the saga I posted here.

Hadn’t heard from CarsDirect. So this morning (Tuesday) I left messages to call me on Rep's voice mail and pager voice mail. No response. Left a second set of messages this afternoon.

Got home from work about 5:00. Had a voice mail message from CD Rep timed at 4:30 saying he had my truck and to give him a call. Immediately called and left messages on his voice mail and pager voice mail. About 5:30 I received a call from an assistant to the CEO. He asked what was happening and what would make me happy. I ran through the saga and told him getting the truck (soon) would make me real happy. He said he’d call me back in five minutes. He called me back on a conference call with Rep. Promised an AM Saturday delivery of the truck

I’ll keep you posted on what happens next. Let me know how your Thursday delivery turns out.
  • Options
    wow, now that's what i call RESPONSE! well, so far, i am scheduled for a delivery window from 2-4pm on thursday, 11/18. spoke with the delivery coordinator, himself. maybe i should've been a bit more upset to get the response to got, but, oh well, as long as my truck's here tomorrow. did they take any money off the truck? i asked for that and was told they couldn't change the price. did the yellow truck have all the options you wanted? by the way, i saw your message on the carsdirect.com memo board, are you in Sacramento, CA? you had mentioned Turner nissan and i almost bought my crew cab from them. let me know if you're in sac, if you don't mind, i live in south sac, near I-5. it'd be interesting to have 2 CD trucks in the same local area! good luck with the Sat. delivery and i'll post a message as soon as my truck arrives!
  • Options
    well, carsdirect came through for me. the truck arrived at 11:15am. much earlier than the 2pm window i was expecting. apparently, the driver was told 12-4pm. so luckily, i was home. everything was great. initial here, sign here, this is how this works and here's your keys. easy as that. no problems with the numbers, whatsoever. only thing amiss was that the alarm remotes weren't programmed when the truck arrived. no big deal, i got to go to turner nissan to have THEM program the remotes. hah! take that! i pulled up in my shiny new truck with CD plates front and back and ran into some of the sales guys who tried to work with me earlier. boy were they surprised! programming the keys took all of 2 minutes, tops. they couldn't believe the price or the fact that it was bought over the internet. hmm, can you say "job security"? i'm sure some of them have to be wondering how the internet will change how cars are sold. all i know is that i'm pleased with what i had to go through to get my truck the WAY I WANTED IT! and not what some dealer would have hoped i'd purchased. oh, the truck arrived with a SHOWROOM SHINE AND A FULL TANK OF GAS. it's looks awesome. so, JCM4, i hope that Cd comes through for you. i have faith from my experience that they will. oh and if you do live in sacramento, next time you see a silver crew cab and the driver's got an ear to ear grin, honk and flash your lights, it's probably me. good luck to you and enjoy your new truck. i'm loving mine so far!!
  • Options
    That's great news! I'm on schedule for an AM delivery on Saturday. I must had just gotten a bad CD rep because once I got past him things began to click.

I'm in mid-town Sac. Keep an eye out for a yellow one with a roof rack. That will make two in the neighborhood. There's a yellow SE with Arizona plates that parks at the corner of 19th and S.
  • Options
    tstachontstachon Member Posts: 1
    I bought a white XE Crew Cab in Scottsdale, Arizona about a month ago(from Scottsdale Nissan). It is a basic model with auto, added Stereo CD upgrade, bedliner, Power options, bedliner, plus the upgraded security system (ignition kill switch). I negotiated the price to 18k which was about 2.5k below MSRP and about $600 below invoice. It was a loss leader and about 2k off what they were asking in May. The dealer was fine to work with, not much pressure, took about 2 hours to work the deal and drive away. This is a nicely built machine, feels sturdy and tight. I am really enjoying the road feel and ride. I initially was looking at the Honda CRV, but chose the Nissan as it seems to be more vehicle for the money, and feels more rugged and safer. The Honda is more nimble and actually feels quicker, but each has their points. I am comparing them since I really think of the CC as more of an SUV with an open trunk. I have been a Toyota truck owner for years, and it was hard to make the switch, but I think Nissan has come a long way with quality improvement. It has great seats, visibility, is easy to drive and park (I actually prefer the shorter body for in-town manuvering). The look is rugged and unique, it almost appears like a mini Land Rover with its stance. I also like the 5 year warranty. Downsides: It feels a little heavy in performance response - the engine is powerful but not very quick. It would be nice if it were a little lighter. It also gets only marginal MPG (16-20) although I got 21+ on the highway last week so maybe the range is not too bad. I also looked at the Tundra - a Great machine, very well built and quick, but about 8k higher, heavier, longer and less MPG. The Tundra is better if the intended use is for a true truck, but the Nissan is great for its niche use. The back seat is actually more comfortable than the Tundra - less upright. Would be nice to get some performance options for it -has anyone found any that are not too pricey? I would also like to get some custom wheels - I want to get a little wider stance (offset), but have been told to be careful not to go too far or it may cause steering / balance problems - any info on that area? I think the vehicle fits my needs very well and would recommend it to others. I always worry that the original impression will not last after time, but so far I enjoy driving it more all the time. Every vehicle has its "tune" and once you learn how the steering, engine, shift points and brakes respond, you can work them like a fine tool - the more you use it, the more nimble you get with it, and the more fun it is. That is the pleasant surprise so far with this Sports Truck.
  • Options
    wolziewolzie Member Posts: 3
    A question to all the Nissan CC owners. I wa wondering on how the engine performs. How many RPM's does the engine turn at highway speed, say 65 mph? Also, does the CC get sluggish when loaded down with passengers or cargo or both? Oh yeah, I saw the Dodge version on a sales lot today. Nice looking truck but talk about having to mortgage the farm! Thanks for any input.
  • Options
    jec6467jec6467 Member Posts: 1
    I am getting ready to buy a Nissan CC. How much over invoice should I be willing to pay.
    I am looking at a SE 4X2, Power Package and floor mats.
  • Options
    Last Tuesday was a unusual day.

The Friday before I had found the email address of the CarsDirect CEO. Sent him a copy of the saga I posted here.

Tuesday rolls around and I hadn’t heard from CarsDirect. In the morning I left messages to call me on Advisor’s voice mail and pager voice mail. No response. Left a second set of messages the afternoon.

Got home from work about 5:00. Had a voice mail message from Advisor timed at 4:30 saying he had my truck and to give him a call. Immediately called and left messages on his voice mail and pager voice mail. About 5:30 I received a call from an assistant to the CEO. He asked what was happening and what would make me happy. I ran through the saga and told him getting the truck (soon) would make me real happy. He said he’d call me back in five minutes. He called me back on a conference call with Advisor. Promised an AM Saturday delivery of the truck

Saturday a flatbed delivered my truck. The driver, James, spent more than two hours with me going over the truck and showing me how things operated. I was very pleased with this end of the transaction.

Let me recap on what CarsDirect.com did very well and where they dropped the ball. Their website and delivery are excellent. Their price was $1,000 less than any dealer or broker would give me. Their communications in-between needs improvement. They need to follow-up with their customers during the ordering process and they respond to every telephone message and email within 24 hours. They told me they are working on it. Once they nail that down, car dealerships as we know them now will no longer exist.

Would I buy from CarsDirect.com again? I would never buy another car any other way!
  • Options
    i'm still in the break-in period for my crew cab...only 752 miles on the odometer. but, from what i can see so far, the engine is REALLY smooth and at 60-65 mph, it seems to only pull 2500-3000 rpm. i did have 4 adults and a full tank of gas the other day and the low end torque pulled well off the line. as for pick-up, i can't really say because i've stayed below 60mph for the most part. even with the 4 adults, it seemed to accelerate as well as i expected 170hp to go...hope it helps
  • Options
    c2mtnc2mtn Member Posts: 3
    My SE 4x4 seems to be doing fine. The mileage depends on the driver. I'm getting 17mpg around town and 22 on the interstate with the tailgate down. Haven't been able to compare the mpg with the gate up, but will soon to see if it really helps. If you know for sure, leave a note. Has anyone noticed the paint isn't as smooth on the bottom back sidepanels, maybe it's just mine.I'm going to have it checked.
  • Options
    i haven't really gone into too much detail on my truck, but from what i've seen so far, my paint is smooth all around. its been raining out here so lots of dirt and mud. i'll check it next time i wax
  • Options
    jfmcgownjfmcgown Member Posts: 2
    The paint is not smooth on the lower quarter panels by design. It is a matte coating to protect from road gravel, ect. Nissan use to put a clear plastic cover over this now they use the matte finish.
  • Options
    rwallcarwallca Member Posts: 1
    I just got a SE 4x2 and drive 100 miles a day on a 60-70 mph highway. Do I really need to stay below 55mph for the first 1000 miles? If I do, please don't get upset with me as I putz down the highway.
  • Options
    wlstarwlstar Member Posts: 4
    Got my new white XE (wanted the black fender flares) loaded and am very pleased with everything. Be careful if you have a towing hitch installed. The rear bumper has to be removed and it's very easy to scratch the paint around the bumper area. Also if you're going to haul long loads, get a neat extender called the Ranch Hand from Sears. It hooks into your hitch and basically extends the bed by 3 feet. It's adjustable and works great.
  • Options
    lebeau69lebeau69 Member Posts: 13
    i just ordered a se cc about 3 weeks ago does anyone know how long it really takes to get it. the dealer told me the end of feb/begining of mar.is he being conservative is that for real.
  • Options
    whoa, wait, try online shopping for your crew cab! i'm not kidding, check out my posts and the ones from JCM4. we both are in the sacramento, Ca. area and both ordered from CARSDIRECT.COM, and it worked out well. you may not get the absolute lowest price, BUT YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU WANT. NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS. i ordered a silver ice, SE, 4x2, pwr.pkg., bed extndr., and mats. it was found in arizona and delivered to my front door. ordered on 10/22, rec'd 11/18. give it a shot, it may work sooner for you, and you may get a better price. go to the web, good luck
  • Options
    hey, i just made it through the break in period. man what a hassle, but i figure i'm paying good money for this truck, may as well take care of it. i thik i averaged 55 mph, but hit an occasional 60-65 mph burst and quickly back-peddled. it's probably just a good idea to follow directions and it surley couldn't HURT the engine any. just be patient and put on some good tunes :)
  • Options
    cooldogjonescooldogjones Member Posts: 16
    Just to let some of you know. I have been told by my father-in-law (a certified mechanic) that running a new vehicle hard at first is better for it in the long run. He says that a vehicle is going to act as well as you drive it. Meaning if you drive it slowly it will perform as such. He bought a brand new Corvette and ran the hell out of it. On the test drive he made the salesperson very nervous.

BTW, I ran my '99 Frontier SE V6 very hard when I first got it and it now has 18,000 miles with no problems and it runs great. I hope this helps you out.

Cooldog
  • Options
    TO JLEE
    THE DEALER DID A SEARCH AND COULD NOT FIND A LOADED BLACK SE CC. SO HE PUT IN AN ORDER. SOUNDS LIKE YOUR SEARCH WAS SUCESSFUL AND TOOK LESS TIME. I BOUGHT MINE AT 3% OVER INVOICE WITH THE OPTIONS AT HIS COST. I THOUGHT A FAIR PRICE. YES I PROBABLY COULD HAVE SQUEEZED MORE BUT THEN IT WOULD HAVE BEEN UGLY. NISSAN IS TRACING THIS ORDER AND SHOULD BE GIVING ME AN ETA SOON. HOW'S YOUR GAS MILEAGE? ARE YOUR NOTICING ANY VIBRATIONS AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS. SEEMS LIKE SOME PATHFINDERS ARE HAVING PROBLEMS.
  • Options
    ll7ll7 Member Posts: 16
    Just took delivery of my CC SE 4x2 Silver Ice. Love it! Paid $300 over invoice at Mossy Nissan in Houston,Texas. This is the first truck that I have ever owned. I am looking for a tonneau cover for the bed. I want something that is easy to remove. I went to Johnson GT in Houston and they quoted me $785 (includes installation) for a A.R.E. LSII cover. They said that the "Snug-Top" was probably the easiest to remove but were not yet being made for the CC's. Does anyone out there have a tonneau cover for their CC. If so, I'd like to know the type and what you think of it, especially as respects ease of removal and the price paid. Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    I ALSO PURCHASE THE ARE LSII COVER. IT'S NOT THE EASIEST TO REMOVE. IT WEIGHS ABOUT 80# AND YOU NEED TO REMOVE FOUR CLAMPS. THERE IS ANOTHER BRAND CALLED THE LOW RIDER WHICH IS EASIER TO REMOVE AND COST LESS. BUT I LIKE THE WAY THE ARE LOOKS AND OPENS WITH THE HINGE SYSTEM.HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR NEW TRUCK. HOW'S THE GAS MILEAGE, DO YOU NOTICE ANY VIBRATIONS AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS.
    HAVE A NICE DAY
  • Options
    ll7ll7 Member Posts: 16
    Lebeau69 thanks for the response. I have not heard of the Low Rider but I will look into it. If you don't mind saying, how much did you pay for your ARE LSII? I don't know if I'm getting screwed at $785. Also, do you have a bed-liner. My truck came with an over-the rail liner and they were going to charge me to remove it. I wonder how the ARE LSII works with an over-the-rail liner.
    Anyway, I love the truck. I looked at the new Dodge Quad Cab also. The Dodge is a great looking truck and the back seat room is definitely bigger. However, I decided on the Nissan CC for several reasons. 1)Price. Nissan was willing to deal. Dodge said they would not come down from MSRP and I was looking at about $3,000 more for one similarly equipped . 2)Reliability. I was concerned about Dodge reliability. I felt comforable with Nissan reliability. As an American, I hate to say it, but I have more confidence in Japaneese vehicles. I have not owned an American vehicle in over 10 years. 3) The Nissan fit easily into my garage wheras the Dodge being almost 2 feet longer was a squeeze.
    To answer your questions, as I said, I love my CC. I definitely love sitting up high with a view of the road as opposed to sitting on the ground in my Acura Integra. As far as gas mileage goes, I have not yet checked the mileage as I have yet to refill the tank. It came from the dealer with a full tank and I've only had it for 6 days. As far as highway vibration, I'm trying to keep it under 60 during the break-in period. I've not noticed any vibration at 60 and under. Happy CC'ing.
This discussion has been closed.