Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chrysler Pacifica: Problems & Solutions

Comments

• Options
    davezsodavezso Member Posts: 1
    Every time I try to plug my mp3 player (Creative Zen Nomad) into the AUX L and R inputs in my Pac (Located next to the Video input on the CD changer), I can't adjust the volume...no sound comes out even though AUX is showing on the display in the main console. Anyone else experienced this?
  • Options
    cluelesspacluelesspa Member Posts: 648
    I thought someone wrote before that you need to turn up the volume on a unit before the pac will know its connected. so try turning on the MP3 player then turn on the radio... just a thought.
  • Options
    karakkarak Member Posts: 7
    We bought a new 2004 Silver Pacifica over a year ago. It's already starting to show nicks and peeling paint in multiple areas. Only one of which I caused. I also washed the car by hand and once in a car wash and marks on the paint remained. I owned a previous car (Jeep) for 8 years and never had this type of problem with the exterior. Is anyone else having paint problems?
    My dealership will not fix this unless I find proof that other Pacifica owners are reporting the same problem. THanks!
  • Options
    rodutrodut Member Posts: 343
    Yes Cluelesspa, I am talking about the same noise. Actually if you replace the word "wood" in your description with the words "hard rubber", you just described a bushing. And yes, the shocks are connected to the car through bushings (I would say the rattle comes from both front wheels and rear wheels, but I'm not sure). Also the sway bar is connected to the car through bushings. It seems they looked only at the control arm bushings in the TSB 02-007-04.

The NHTSA doesn't give the content of the TSB 0200403. It gives just the symptom, not the cause and the fix. Would you have the full TSB ?

If, as you say, they "Retightened the Lower Control Arm which was replaced in the previous TSB", it looks to me that they have no clue how to fix it, and try different things. I won't bug them. They better have the time to find the real fix. I hope they will find it ...

I must say I didn't expect Chrysler to screw such a simple thing, like a play somewhere in the suspension. I expected "fancier" trouble. I would give an A+ mark to all the Pac designers, except the suspension designers. Those would get a D from me. I didn't offer an F because they still built the most stable SUV on the planet. It's funny, but that's why I bought the Pacifica ...
  • Options
    Bought our Pacifica in 2003. After one year, paint is peeling in multiple areas and scratches ery easily in car washing. I'm not pleased with the quality of the exterior paint and the dealer does not want to fix it.
  • Options
    Yes the honeymoon is over.
    I've had two of your similar problems.

I. A "popping sound" also occurred when I turned the corners, off and on in our new Pacifica. After taking it in 5 times, the problem was finally located and the "control steering or bushing support rods" or something akin to that, had gone bad and was worn and rusted??? How could this be on a new car. No explanation was given.

2. After one year, the exterior of my car has multiple blemishes, and peeling. After car washing, more marks appear. Very poor pain quality and dealer will not fix.

Thanks for posting your problems! Good luck!
  • Options
    Yes, I am reading complaints about this problem in the message board. I do not know why there has not been a recall yet. We own a 2004 Silver AWD Pacifica.
    After the first 6 - 8 months ...
    I. A "popping sound" also occurred when I turned the corners, off and on in our new Pacifica. After taking it in 5 times, the problem was finally located and the "control steering or bushing support rods" or something akin to that, had gone bad and was worn and rusted??? How could this be on a new car. No explanation was given.

2. After one year, the exterior of my car has multiple blemishes, and peeling. After car washing, more marks appear. Very poor pain quality and dealer will not fix.

Please write your letters of concern to District Managers. Thanks!
  • Options
    Well they retightened the Lower Control Arm because it had was very slightly lose. just as a precaution. but Replacing the other parts from TSB 0200403 was what fixed it. As far as the engrs. The suspension I hear is based off the Mercedes E Class Sedan on the rear part. That is why I would guess all the problems stem from the front suspension part. ! ** the chrysler part **

oh well.. now my wheel barring is just starting to make noise and I am out of the 12k warranty (I have 47 k) on the SUV. the 75k extended I purchased doesn't cover wheel bearings ! uuugh.

do a search on this forum for TSB. someone posted a link that actually has scans of ALL CHRYSLER TSBs (so you have to scan thru and find the number of the TSB you want). its within the last 3 months that it was posted a link to a direct TSB. then go back one level and you will see ALL the TSBs, not just PAC TSBs.
  • Options
    commofficercommofficer Member Posts: 50
    Why the District Managers? I wrote Chrysler and got squat back. I had my dealer repaint the front drivers door, the rear hatch, and the rear passengers door because the paint was horrible. It's just not cured well or something and the QA inspection was done by the blind. It looked so good in July 2003 when we bought it and the driver's door problem was noted at purchase and they fixed it but the other areas slowly came to my attention. My dealer was good at agreeing to repaint it but it was always a hastle and the guys who did it do not understand QA either. It's my wife's daily driver since it was one of the safest cars available at the time. We are going to get rid of it though since the blind spots are HUGE in my wife's view, which is the only one that matters since it's her car.

We have roughly 26,000 miles on it and it's had it's share of problems. It's also an AWD model so we average 17 MPG. She mostly drives around town with the kids so I would guess hwy miles would be a little better but expect 17 in the city. We have performed all the recalls and had the transfer case replaced plus it took 7 tries to get the driver's door chrome trim replaced correctly. Service dept just tried to rush it every time until I would not pick it up until they took it to the body shop to have them do it correctly. Service Depts should never work on body moulding or anything in that arena. It's like tank drivers doing heart surgery. It takes more time though and it would mean a focus on QA.

The resale value of the Pacifica is also too low. It is a nice vehicle and loaded with a luxury touch but I expected a better value after just 2 years of ownership. If they give me 21K, and that's pushing it, I will still owe some on it that I will have to make up out of my pocket. This is a prime example of a good lease vehicle and I kick myself for not doing a lease.

Phil
  • Options
    Thanks for your response. The service Manager refused to do anything unless his district manager approves. They want me to prove this is a problem elsewhere. That's why I'm asking the message board participants. Is your Pacifica silver?

I am the main driver and I agree there is a major blind spot that I am not comfortable with.

We've had a couple other problems to that were fixed quickly under warrantee, but the poor paint job is very obvious and they are not eager to fix it.

This is not good for a new car barely a year old!
    Kara
  • Options
    ch3ch3 Member Posts: 10
    Is this a problem on all Pacificas, or a certain time period? I have a 2004 built in 1/2004, and so far, it has been OK. My 2004 silver 300M did have a problem on the rear right door, where it looked like it was blue underneath in a area about a foot square.
  • Options
    wing103wing103 Member Posts: 14
    Hi
    Anyone have this problem? In the morning, the power sit & heat seat will not work until you drive about 1 mile, After 1 mile it start to work again. this is make me very upset for my brand new 2005 Pacifica.
    Anyone have this problem If do did you got it fix? also can you tell me what parts is wrong?
    Thanks for your info.
  • Options
    laurheislaurheis Member Posts: 57
    Have you considered consulting a lemon law attorney to see if you meet the criteria in your state? We had a 2004 Pacifica with just about every problem in the book. My husband decided very early on that we would only be keeping the car for a year and a half. However, the car sealed its fate by becoming a lemon within 9 months of purchase. We were able to get the majority of our money back. Just call - in California the consultation was completely free, and Chrysler had to pay all of our legal fees.
  • Options
    firpo1firpo1 Member Posts: 1
    When I first purchased my 2005 Pacifica, I found the same problem - Blind Spots. I have found that I was not properly adjusting my mirrors, the way I had been adjusting them since my first car ever. I have eliminated the blind spots by this method and I hope you have similar results. Start by leaning your head against the drivers side window, then adjust the drivers side mirror where you can just see the rear door handle in the bottom right of the mirror. For the passenger side mirror, lean in to the center of the car and adjust the same way. Find the rear door handle in the bottom left of that mirror. You may need to slightly move that mirror down a bit, but not much. (I did - my wife didn't) The interior mirror adjust as you normally would, so that you can see the whole back window. This method will take some getting used to but for me I was comfortable with it in one day. At first you will feel they are adjusted too far out but you will soon realize that as a car coming in the next lane behind you, you will be able to see him at first in your interior rear view mirror and as the car leaves that mirror it will appear in your corresponding side view mirror. This method has now eliminated what I thought at first were horrible blind spots with this car. I no longer have to contort my neck to check for passing cars. I first check interior mirror and then to the side view and no longer have to turn to look. My wife who is considerably shorter than I (5 feet tall) has had the same results as I. Hope you find this helpful. I have had my car for 1 month now and love it so far. No complaints for me being a previous honda driver.
  • Options
    colleen10colleen10 Member Posts: 8
    I have 2004 Pac as well, same thing happened to me in dead of winter last year. There is a recall on The Powertrain Control Module software that causes the car to stall under under certain operating conditions. Dealership fixed it and I have no more problems with that particular issue. Lots of others though.
  • Options
    My wet carpet was on passengers side. Dealer resealed cowl panel and dash panel and windshield moulding and cowl grill, they also replaced weatherstrip on door opening--that was in Aug '04--no more wettness so far! Anyone having trouble with the climate control? Can't get heat out of the floorboards and sometimes no defrost--it only likes to blow air out of front panels--had it to dealer, they replaced "Blend air door motor actuator", but its still not fixed--dealer has no clue--would appreciate any feedback!!
  • Options
    rasldaslrasldasl Member Posts: 74
    I have this problem but only on really cold mornings. I have not taken it to the dealer for the problem because it goes away so quickly. If anyone has had it fixed I would also like to know about it.
  • Options
    nuruc7nuruc7 Member Posts: 98
    I did the same thing. I have no complaints about blindspots, and I have even adapted to the small back-window. I think the back-up sensors might be a good addition, but I have not done those yet - thinking about it.
  • Options
    wing103wing103 Member Posts: 14
    I have get it fix on my 2005 Pacifica, The dealer tell me is some module screw up. and they order the part for me. will be here somedays next week.
    after they fix it, i will post it here
  • Options
    na9195na9195 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 pacifica with over 40K miles. I am having intermittent problems with the engine starting and immediately shutting off. I have had it services for this problem at least 4 times and they cannot diagnose the problem. It has occurred after driving 100 miles at a stretch or 5 miles. The engine always turns over and starts, but then everything shuts down. It will eventually start and run, usually just as the tow truck was there to pick it up. Has anyone else experienced this same issue?
  • Options
    I have a 2004 Pacifica, had same stalling and shut-off problem, found out that there is a recall on The Powertrain Control Module software that causes the car to stall under under certain operating conditions. Had it replaced and have had no more stalling and shutting off incidents since. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Anyone having trouble with the climate control? Can't get heat out of the floorboards and sometimes no defrost--it only likes to blow air out of front panels--had it to dealer, they replaced "Blend air door motor actuator", but its still not fixed--dealer has no clue--anyone else have this trouble? Would appreciate any feedback!!
  • Options
    steelydan0613steelydan0613 Member Posts: 144
    I have recently noticed a faint but audible "whine" that goes up and down with the engine speed , everything works fine, shifts normally, etc.

The "whine" occurs whether the climate control is on or off......

Like I said, it is faint but noticeable...My Pac has 21,000 miles on it now..

Any ideas would be appreciated, it will be awhile before I take it in as I have no other real issues to deal with........

• Options
    Steelydan0613, about your noise, I published the following message on another web site, and after reading the answers I think that the FWD 3.5 liter Pacs have this stupid engine noise:

################ Message ###############
    Does somebody have a rumble engine noise when accelerating at 2500 RPM ? When pushing the gas pedal such as the RPM goes from 2000 to 3000 RPM, the engine noise peaks noticeably around 2500 RPM.

When in the 4th gear, the noise peak happens when accelerating at about 68 mph (2500 RPM in 4th gear). At higher speeds (around 75 mph) the noise disappears. To get it I must accelerate not too hard, such as the gearbox doesn't switch gears, so the RPM stays at 2500 RPM.

I get the noise when accelerating only (engine and muffler under load). If I release the gas pedal the noise disappears.

When test driving different cars, before buying the Pacifica, the same thing happened when I test drove a Toyota Sienna. It's like the muffler would resonate around 2500 rpm ... or something else.
    #################### End of message ####################

People with FWD 3.8 liter Pacs and people with AWD 3.5 liter Pacs reported no noise. People owning FWD 3.5 liter Pacs reported having the noise.

Are here other FWD 3.5 liter owners ? Do you have that noise ? I can tell ... I am rather disappointed ... suspension rattle, engine rumble ... Nothing broke yet, but this is not a "luxury car" as they claim. All these noises were there when the car was brand new ... they don't have test drivers in Windsor ??? I would bet there are thousands of Pacs having these noises.
  • Options
    sandipunksandipunk Member Posts: 1
    i have a 2005 3.5 ltr, it has 8,000 miles on it and is emitting a raw gasoline odor right after start up in any weather or temp. if you start the car and sit for a little bit the smell will come right in the car. it only lasts less than a minute or so . there is no visable leaks under the car along the supply line ,filter or in the engine compartment. i beleive it must be in the fuel enrichment section of the engine management, does anyone else experience this raw gas smell?
    also it pulls to the left constantly and you have to keep right turning pressure on the steering wheel at all times it has been like that since it was new.
    i am just preparing for another session with the service manager and was wondering if you share these problems?
  • Options
    steelydan0613steelydan0613 Member Posts: 144
    rodut, my noise is a gentle whine that is definitely not a rumble....I suspect it is related to some accessory component such as a pulley, a/c component (it is always at least warm in Houston, Tx) , or alternator. I don't think we are on the same page here.

I have not noticed any suspension noises, the ride is quite composed over rough surfaces, we have numerous areas of sorry asphalt in Houston. My former Honda was punishing at times in this regard................
  • Options
    Right ... the engine noise should be a different thing ...

About the suspension noise, all the four Pacs I drove had it, so probably yours has it too. The difference between me and 99% of the people on the planet (my wife included) is that I can hear what others can't hear, and I can see what others can't see. I am too picky I know, but this is how I earned my living. I am a Test Engineer.

Just so you know, if some of you go in for the "Headlight harness recall", when you get your car back check if those small reflectors inside the headlamps are still centered on the bulb. The smart guy who replaced my bulbs probably hit the small reflector when inserting the bulb, and bent it, so now some of the light from the left headlight goes to the forest, not forward.

I think the problem is that Pacifica is a so called "luxury" car sold for CAN$40,000, but is manufactured and serviced by people who manufacture and service CAN$20,000 vans. This is a obstacle so big that it's possible Pacifica would never be not even close to offers from Volvo / BMW / Lexus. I am not mad at the car (yet), but those guys could make me hate it.

The keyword is "PASSION". If the guys work for a pay cheque, Pacifica will never become what was supposed to. If they would work for PASSION, Chrysler could become a manufacturer as great as the big players. Unfortunately passion cannot be taught in schools. I have it because I was obsessed with cars since I was a child. Those mechanics work for a pay cheque.
  • Options
    bordercopbordercop Member Posts: 11
    Item 3- yes, I have the same problem with the steering wheel off center, dealer says they'll take care of it next visit, may be the aftermath of an incomplete job after a wheel alignment since I had this once before on another vehicle by chrysler. Just got this car with 16K on it, 2004 model.
  • Options
    bomber1bomber1 Member Posts: 1
    I have had my 2005 PAC in twice to the dealer to fix the wet carpet and it is still there. The dealer actually has been very helpful but they have not solved the problem. Someone mentioned the AC, which is what I believe my problem is as well. The Tech Directives do not address this. Any other comments on this issue, better a solution to the problem? By the way love the vehilce.
  • Options
    gbmiltongbmilton Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem with the tire sensor system on my 2004 FWD Pacifica. Let me know if they finally figure out a solution and what that solution is.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    ch3ch3 Member Posts: 10
    Chrysler replaced one front wheel sensor; no change. They then replaced a module in the dash that controls all those functions (tires, remotes, etc.) Still didn't fix it. Then they gave me a vehicle to drive and kept mine. Finally tracked down a problem sensor in other front wheel. They had it two days on the last visit. That finally fixed it.
  • Options
    kcshshipeskcshshipes Member Posts: 7
    I took my 04' AWD Pacifica into the shop today for the whining noise. Their diagnosis is that the front wheel bearings need replacing ($600). From reading through the listings, seems that others are having the same problem. Hope that this helps!
  • Options
    nitenblunitenblu Member Posts: 2
    AFTER BINGING TMY 2005 TOURING EDITION IN FOR THE FOURTH TIME DUE TO ENGINE LIGHT BLINKING I WAS TOLD THE VALVES WERE NOT SEATED PROPERLY. THEY CRACKED THE CASE TO FIX IT. WOULDN'T YOU KNOW IT LEAKED OIL WHEN THEY GAVE IT BACK. THE MECHANIC TIGHTENED IT DOWN WITH THE GROUND WIRE STUCK IN IT. I GOT THE CAR BACK A FEW DAYS LATER. AS I DROVE IT FROM THE DEALERSHIP HEADED BACK TO WORK I PULLED OVER AT A GAS STATION TO GRAB A SODA. LESS THEN TEN MILES FROM THE DEALER. WHEN I CAME OUT OF THE STORE I GOT TO SEE MY CAR WITH FLAMES COMING FROM UNDER THE HOOD. LESS THEN 6000 MILE ON IT. THEY SAID IT WAS A BLOWER FAN MODULE THAT SHORT CIRCIUT. GET THIS THEN THEN SEND ME A HOLD HARMLESS LETTER AGREEING NOT TO SUE IN ORDER TO PAY FOR THE REPAIR. AND THAT WAS AFTER THE REPAIR WAS DONE. OH YES THEY "REPAIRED IT" AND GAVE IT BACK. THERE ARE STILL MELTED PARTS IN THE THING. :
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Please don't post in all caps. It's much more difficult to read, and is generally considered to be yelling on the boards, which from your story, you might be doing! But you'll get a better response to your posts if you knock off the all caps. A lot of folks simply will ignore a post like that.

PF Flyer
    Host
    News & Views, Wagons, & Hybrid Vehicles

The Mazda Mania Chat is on tonight. The chat room opens at 8:45PM ET Hope to see YOU there! Check out the schedule
  • Options
    nitenblunitenblu Member Posts: 2
    After bringing my 2005-touring edition in for the fourth time due to engine light blinking I was told the valves were not seated properly. They cracked the case to fix it. Wouldn't you know it leaked oil when they gave it back. The mechanic tightened it down with the ground wire stuck in it. I got the car back a few days later. As I drove it from the dealership headed back to work I pulled over at a gas station to grab a soda. Less then ten miles from the dealer. When I came out of the store I got to see my car with flames coming from under the hood. Less then 6000 mile on it. They said it was a blower fan module that short circuits. Get this then send me a hold harmless letter agreeing not to sue in order to pay for the repair. And that was after the repair was done. Oh yes they "repaired it" and gave it back. There are still melted parts in the thing. :
    sorry about the all caps post ( job habbit)
    update on the car , they sent me a hold harmless agreement stating they will repair it the car and pay for my loaner if i sign it agreeing not to sue in the future. that was after I alredy picked the thing back up.
  • Options
    aviateaviate Member Posts: 31
    I would say, contact Chrysler corporate directly and request a discussion with the regional manager. A friend of mine had a similar issue with a Suburban, fell off rack at dealer. They wanted to fix, he would not accept anything but a replacement vehicle. It is unbelievable that a dealer would ask you not to sue after the made such a bone headed mistake.
  • Options
    schlagschlag Member Posts: 2
    I'm not a sound engineer, but basically it is vibration/harmonic caused by the exterior design contour and interior space/ventilation of the car. I also get the same thing when I open my sunroof all the way. Closing it a little helps.
  • Options
    schlagschlag Member Posts: 2
    I too have a problem with blindspots on my Pacifica and have learned to live with them for the most part. The worst for me is when I am backing up. It got so frustrating I went to Chrysler and had them install a "Mopar" back-up sensor and warning system. Cost was about $600 installed. There are two warning indicators: a multi-colored light bar -- goes from yellow to red -- mounted on the moulding just above the RH tailgate, and a "beeper" that gets louder the closer you come to an object. The sensor works really well, but the beeper volume is a little anemic compared to what I've heard in other cars like the Toyota Sienna. My system has a volume control, but that really doesn't help much. If you are inclined to install one of these systems I'd look to the auto aftermarket and stay clear of Chrysler's product. Get one that grabs your attention!
  • Options
    ingeniousguyingeniousguy Member Posts: 21
    Schlag... Hmm.. I guess that Chrysler (or Mopar) can't exactly fit the aftermarket unit to the OEM stuff that comes as an option on the vehicle?

On my 05 Limited, when I start reversing and get closer to an object, the BEEP sound comes in loud and clear, as the OEM system will partially mute the audio sound system when the BEEP is active. It's pretty neet actually. Maybe they can engage that particular feature with the kit you purchased from them?

Good Luck!

IngeniousGuy ;)
  • Options
    nuruc7nuruc7 Member Posts: 98
    I am still considering the RSS, but so far I have not purchased it. I am getting so used to just remebering what is in back of me when I back, it has been good for my memory. it actually provides some additional brain exercise! :surprise: However, once i finally get the either the XM Direct radio or the Sirius Radio and the U-connect, I might get the back-up sensors installed. That satellite radio is really getting to the top of my list as I will be soon doing a weekly 400 mile commute in the car, and will need some music and vocal options in the car without searching. :confuse:
  • Options
    rashman123rashman123 Member Posts: 1
    Does the lemon law buyback for a Chrysler matter if you have taken your vehicle to another Chrysler dealership to be fixed but has not been fixed in 3 attempts?

We purchased our 05 Pacifica from a dealership 20 miles away and purchased an extended warranty, but when we needed to take it to repairs, we were told we could go to any chrysler dealership. We did take it to one place 3 times, but it still has not been fixed.

My question is: do i have to take my car to the dealership I bought it from in order for the lemon law to apply or is it any dealership? Thank you! :lemon:
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    I don't believe there are any restrictions that it must be the dealership where you purchased. However, the laws are different from state to state. Perhaps this article would be helpful.

Getting Some Lemon-Aid From Your Lemon Maker
  • Options
    gwitt69gwitt69 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought my 2005 Touring model with the Intermezzo Surround sound system. When I play the radio, or the Navigation system speaks, the front center speaker crackles. I have connected my ipod through the audio jacks in the front of the radio, and I cant reproduce the same crackle. Has anyone else had this problem?

/Gerald
    2005 Touring FWD
  • Options
    bletourneaubletourneau Member Posts: 4
    Wouldn't the wheel bearings be covered under the 3 years coverage?
  • Options
    bletourneaubletourneau Member Posts: 4
    When I back out of my gravel parking spot I get these noises in the right front suspension. I have a 2004 Pacifica. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    pssimonpssimon Member Posts: 144
    Driving down the road tonight, I saw a Pacifica that had driving lights! As expected, it was the highbeam bulbs running dimly. I have a 2004. Is there a way to get this activiated? I haven't seen it in the menu.

Thanks.... Paul
  • Options
    axr6axr6 Member Posts: 42
    Wonder of anyone had this happen on their 3.5 liter Pacifica.

I was driving up to the Sierras today and did some passing of other cars when the single lane temporarily opened into some short passing lanes. To do the quickest possible passes, I downshifted manually to 2nd gear and used plenty of throttle (not all the way to the floor). In two attempts, when the engine reached 5300 - 5400 it started cutting out, jerkingly, as if there was an RPM rev limiter in action. When I upshifted to 3rd, the engine pulled fine. The conditions were; 4 people in the car and uphill passing at elevations 3-4000 feet. Felt like the car was running out of fuel at that RPM.

I tried the acceleration later when I returned to about 1000 feet elevations, same four person in car but, on level ground. No problem at all, engine pulled all the way to 6500 PRM.

Looks to me that under very heavy loads there is a fuel shortage and cut off. Anyone had this happen to them? It is potentially dangerous as it leaves one stumbling when attempting a pass...

Otherwise, car has plenty of power for hill driving and passing.

Mine is a 2005 Touring with 18,000 miles on it.

Thanks for any reply.
  • Options
    Its buried in the message board the answer .... long time no chat Pssimon but lucky I was checking the message board. You need to get the dealer to change your vehicle country code to CANADA. they have the same exact vehicle (I am guessing with the MPH/KPH switch on the dash). where in Canada the driving lights is mandatory on all new cars. once they change that your driving lights will always be on when during the day. also the light on the side you are activating for turn signal will go out so that the person approaching can see your turn signal. which is located right next to the HIGH beams that are used as running lights.
  • Options
    pssimonpssimon Member Posts: 144
    Thanks... guess I need to have a chat with the dealer! Does making the car Canadian change anything else, eh? ;)

Paul
  • Options
    kozikowskikozikowski Member Posts: 19
    We had the Mopar RSS installed about six months ago and it works great. Installation cost was around $200 and we purchased the kit on eBay (there always seem to be 1 or 2 listed there) for $100. The $600 cost you mention seems very high, although some dealerships have never done one before and you may get stuck with a 3 or 4 hour installation charge.

The warning light is very visible and the alarm is loud without being irritating. While some of the aftermarket kits are very good, you may have a hard time getting someone to install it. I was going to do ours with the help of a friend, but I figured that I would let the dealership be responsible for any damage that resulted from drilling through the bumper.
This discussion has been closed.