Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• crapz1crapz1 Member Posts: 3
    Just picked up my RX for a pretty good deal. Straight from the port with a whole 6 miles on it.

07 RX 350 FWD
    Millennium Silver Metallic with Black Leather
    Navigation
    Premium Plus Package
    Heated Front Seats and Rain Sensing Wipers
    18 in. Alloy Wheels

MSRP $45023.
    Invoice $39878
    Paid $38878 + tax, title, and license.

Did plenty of research. Compared Carsdirect, Costco Auto Program, and finally got 2 dealers working with me. Glad to join the RX family! I'm loving this car so far.
  • dangvidangvi Member Posts: 2
    That's a great deal. What state are you from? The lowest I've been able to get is $39,437 (+tax, title and tags) it but does NOT include navigation.
  • crapz1crapz1 Member Posts: 3
    I'm in CA. SoCal to be exact.
  • jimityjimity Member Posts: 10
    Which dealer did you go to - I'm in SoCal and looking to purchase the same thing this week.

Thanks!
    James
  • sam57sam57 Member Posts: 2
    That is a much better discount off the MSRP than I am getting, and I went to a dealership in Gwinnett County also. How did you go about negotiating? They acted like it was a take it or leave it with the price I got. Just curious, did the car you bought have many miles? Thanks for the info.
  • caligirl5caligirl5 Member Posts: 23
    I'm considering leasing for the first time and I'm finding it confusing. I got the following quote from a dealership and it seems to be a good deal from what I've read here on the forums. Any input would be appreciated.

1500 down, lease payment of 520+tax
    The money factor is .00198 and your price is 38,687
    Your residual is 24,576.34

I'm in Southern CA and this is for a 2007 RX350 premium package (without nav) plus a rear entertainment system added at the dealership with the screens in the headrests.
    Thanks for any help!
  • jimityjimity Member Posts: 10
    I just purchased an RX350 AWD with everything (except Performance package and the super-sized sunroof), including a lot of dealer add-ons like Sirius, and just about everything else out of the catalog. I went thru cartv.com and used the zip-code for Wesminster. I got a reply right away from Westminster Lexus - including a price that dropped my jaw (over $1000 less then even the LOWEST I've seen posted here). They trucked in (on a flat bed) the exact car I wanted and I did all the paperwork last night. I haven't picked up the vehicle yet - it just arrived in this morning and they are putting in all the extra options. They are picking me up in Mission Viejo tomorrow and driving me to the dealership to pick up my completed new vehicle. Working with them was AMAZING. No haggle, great pricing right up front, and VERY cooperative to work with my exact requirements. I recommend going the route I did.
  • baylor46baylor46 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy a 2007 rx 350 in el paso, tx. The suv has the premium package, fwd, heated seats, rain sensor wipers, the MSRP is 41, 750. Can anyone give me an idea of what would be considered a good deal on this vehicle.
  • turquoise_e1turquoise_e1 Member Posts: 18
    caligirl5, can you share itemize cost of your purchase? I am sure I could learn a thing or two. Thx.
    turquoise_e1, I think you meant to ask jimity for the breakdown of the purchase since he/she was the person that posted the reply. My post just asked for help with leasing.
    Hi jimity,

How did your purchase go? I'd love to know the details also. I haven't had the same luck with Westminister Lexus and I'm having to work hard to get complete quotes from one of their internet sales people. I previously purchased a 2001 RX300 from them and had a much easier buying experience, but the person I dealt with is no longer in the internet sales department. Did you try the Lexus dealership in Mission Viejo? So far they have sent me the best price.
  • winebytheglasswinebytheglass Member Posts: 4
    It was fairly easy as I did it at the end of the monthwhen they needed the business....I also did my homework and got many other prices from other dealers in ATL and AUG.

Give them the take it or leave it ! My car had 6 miles....

Good Luck.
  • turquoise_e1turquoise_e1 Member Posts: 18
    Can anyone share the price paid for their Platinum extended package? % discount from list and dealer info will be great.

Anyone purchased the Platinum 7yr/100K for RX350 (list $2175)?
  • baylor46baylor46 Member Posts: 2
    paid $782 6/30/06, in el paso, texas 7/100,000
  • ezwinner701ezwinner701 Member Posts: 29
    $1500 UNDER invoice, i guess shopping at the last day of the 2nd quarter helps alot.
  • bm3coupebm3coupe Member Posts: 5
    Ezwinner701,
    Congratulations on your new car. That is the lowest price posted here. Do you mind to share the dealer name where you bought the car from.
  • duh81duh81 Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys, I'm about to purchase a used RX330 AWD and was just wondering how do you tell the difference between the AWD and the FWD vehicles? Is this noted somewhere on the car? Thanks.
  • tammyltammyl Member Posts: 7
    That sounds like a great deal. I was thinking about buying one. How did you get that price? I live in Atlanta, GA. If I were to buy out of state do they honor them at all lexus dealerships. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
  • tammyltammyl Member Posts: 7
    Hi has anyone had this installed? Was it worth it? How much did it cost? Any information would greatly be appreciated
  • corlt1corlt1 Member Posts: 29
    We have a 2004 AWD RX330. The easiest way to tell an AWD from a base FWD is to look under the rear end to see the extra axles going to each of the rear wheels or to see the rear differential in the center of the rear axle.

The loaner vehicles that the dealer gives us are all FWD cars and we have noticed that the ride of the AWD cars appears to have a superior damped ride compared to the FWD model. This could be attributed to a softer tuned suspension (in case you ever went off road), or possibly becaused the AWD model is around 100 to 200 pounds heavier.
    yeah we got it in san jose. maybe it was because it was the end of the second quarter on 6/30. we were quite shocked as well. the sticker was 49.8k and we paid 46.1k OTD. think it was 42700 b4 TTL
  • jhan1jhan1 Member Posts: 4
    new RX350 today!!!! love the car, experience was great. Got the car for $38463+TTL. Out the door $41830ish. It was for Nav+pre+FW. Good luck!!! Hope it was a good price
  • omniskyeomniskye Member Posts: 4
    i would think that's a bit higher than normal, rather than $1500 below invoice, no?

The AWD with Navigation, heated seats w/ rain sensing wipers, Premium Plus package, 18" wheels, towing package, wheel locks, cargo mat...invoice is about $41k. MSRP is about $46.5k. If you paid $42.7k, that's about $1500 OVER invoice.
  • skb123skb123 Member Posts: 13
    will you please let us know the dealer you brought from and what was the MSRP? Thanks and congratulation on your great buy
    i forgot to mention it has the mark levinson and rear DVD as well. MSRP window sticker was 49.8k
  • jhan1jhan1 Member Posts: 4
    i think the MSRP was about 46k, slightly below. I bought it at Tustin Lexus in OC CA. OTD was 41833 or something like that. Good luck, let me know if you have any more questoins.
  • bigsmooth469bigsmooth469 Member Posts: 12
    OK, so for AWD with Premium and Mark Levinson/Rear DVD, being quoted 45.1K on MSRP of 48903. Being told its about 1100 above invoice. The car would have to be traded to be brought in. I've seen people get them for $500 above invoice. Should I hold out for a better deal?
  • bigsmooth469bigsmooth469 Member Posts: 12
    Hi. I'm in the market for a new RX 350. 2 different dealers are telling me that the Mark Levinson audio system is only available on a separate package that includes rear seat DVD. According to the Lexus website, the 6,090 luxury package includes ML audio, however when you go to build/price the vehicle, ML is not listed as one of the options in the package, but neither is rear seat DVD. What is the correct feature for the package below? I want ML audio, but I don't want to spend another $4000 for it on top of the $6000 for the package below!

Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Package - Luxury Value Edition - $6,190 [2]

- Leather-trimmed interior
    - Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column
    - Lexus Memory System to control power driver’s seat (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel
    - Illuminated entry system
    - Power tilt-and-slide moonroof with one-touch open/close and sliding sunshade
    - Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
    - High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps with dynamic auto-leveling
    - Roof rails/roof rack
    - Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System [4] with backup camera [5] and Bluetooth® technology [6]
    - Mark Levinson® [7] 11-speaker 210-watt [8] Premium Audio System with in-dash, single-feed, six-disc DVD/CD auto-changer featuring DVD-audio and DVD-video playback
    (Total MSRP value of options $7,090 [2])

Do the people who have the RX 350 and this package have ML audio? Thanks!
  • coreyh9coreyh9 Member Posts: 5
    Looks like Catena Lexus and Prestige in NJ are the ones that have the best deals that are close me (so far the posts say $41,200 Prem plus, Navigation, 18" Alloy, Heated seats with Rain sensing, Towing prep, Cargo net, wheel locks). Am I correct thinking that these are the best ones near Western NY?
  • bigbadbuffbigbadbuff Member Posts: 3
    if you're willing to come down to MD, there are slightly better deals available.
  • sxylxysxylxy Member Posts: 29
    I struggled with this issue. I reallly wanted the Mark Levinson, but didn't want rear entertainment. I ended up getting the premium/Mark Levinson packages + alloy wheels & more, and am paying an additional $950 over three years for the ML/RES. I plan on purchasing the RX at the 3 year mark. After 3 full days with the Mark L., I can tell you that it's very clear sounding. I love it. The bluetooth over those speakers is also very clear. Good luck! It's a great vehicle.
  • justanotherguyjustanotherguy Member Posts: 1
    Bigbadbuff - I am shopping for a RX350 AWD in MD. Need your input on where I should go. Thx.
  • dangvidangvi Member Posts: 2
    I'm from MD. I've been shopping around the an RX350 AWD for a little over a month. The best I could find so far was from Lexus of Towson. They had a 1% over invoice sale in June. Not sure what they offer now. Lexus of Annapolis also has great pricing. Both dealership have great customer service. If anyone can tell me of another dealership that I should try, please let me know...
  • lvn098lvn098 Member Posts: 26
    This was sent to me and also on Lexus website:

The Lexus Golden Opportunity Sales Event has arrived! Today through September 4, you can take advantage of some of the best values of the year on all of your favorite Lexus vehicles. Like the smooth riding RX, the all new ES, the adrenaline-inducing IS, or the GS Hybrid; the world's first hybrid sports sedan. Whichever Lexus vehicle you've been dreaming about, this is one opportunity you won't want to miss!

Anyone has more details about this?
  • mamadadapaigemamadadapaige Member Posts: 35
    Have been searching for our next vehicle. Toyota Sienna minivan was stolen... insurance company is settling our claim. I want to downsize, but need space for two kids in car seats and skis in winter. also need AWD.

I crossed the RX330 off our list because of cost. I thought I might be able to find one since the RX350 is out (I don't want used). All the '06's were gone... UNTIL TODAY: just received a call from the dealer. One showed up - must have been ordered by someone who didn't follow through. It is AWD with navigation - MSRP is $46K - they want $40K which is way beyond our price range. We want to be OTD at $35 - $36K at the absolute highest.

can score a very good deal on an MDX right now. Base model at $31,200 plus tax and fees. (I don't care about the navigation - I never used it when I had it in the Sienna and would prefer not to pay for something I won't use, but the RX330 has it and this is the only one they have).

Here is the question: do you think $40K is the best they can do in this circumstance - a 2006 RX330? It seems to me I should be able to do better.

and... if you were me, given the vast price difference would you go for the MDX even though it is a little bigger than what I ideally want (I would use the space, but I live in a place where the streets are narrow and getting in and around town was difficult in the Sienna, hence my desire to downsize).

PLEASE HELP!!!
  • kirakatkirakat Member Posts: 7
    $40K is high. Park Place Lexus in Plano and Grapevine, Texas has several 2006 RX330 demos with 5K miles or less listed for between $36,900 and $37,900. They have the Premium Package. That's just what they're listed at--I don't know what the bottom line is. But, it does indicate you're offer is high.
  • crisonsky99crisonsky99 Member Posts: 2
    I am in the market to buy a used 2004/5/6 Lexus RX330. I came across one at the Luxury Auto Center, San Mateo, CA (bay area). The Luxury Auto Center, San Mateo seem like a wholesaler and not a proper car dealership. Any risks buying cars from a wholesaler as against a full-fledged normal car dealership? The price seems really attractive, plus I am getting exactly the car I was looking for. Here are the car details :

2004 Lexus RX330 , 4x4 (AWD), NAVIGATION, Leather, Premium package
    Price : $29,998

Do you think it's a good deal? Should I be aware of any pitfalls of buying from a wholesaler like this one? Any of you have any good/bad experiences dealing with the Luxury Auto Center, San Mateo, CA (bay area) or similar wholesaler? Any help will be REALLY appreciated.

thanks,
    Steve
  • crisonsky99crisonsky99 Member Posts: 2
    I am in the market to buy a used 2004 Lexus RX330. I came across one from a wholesaler in bay area. The VIN# is JTJGA31U740006850

Can someone do a CARFAX for me?

thanks in advance!

Steve
  • holycoupeholycoupe Member Posts: 11
    with M.levinson package, AWD, and they quoted $500 over invoice. Should I take it? negotiate more?.. would like to hear your suggestion. Thanks!
  • vincekellervincekeller Member Posts: 28
    Don't trust CARFAX. I traded my 04 RX330 that had been in an accident with $13K of damage in 2004 (It was only two months old with about 3K miles when the accident happened) to a local auto dealer. The dealer could not tell that the car had been in an accident; the CARFAX came back clean.
  • amanduhamanduh Member Posts: 1
    I too have been looking for a 04/05 Lexus rx330...and looked at this particular car dealership you are questioning, and this exact car. When I spoke to the owners on the phone I felt like they had poor communication skills and looking back at the photos and enlarging them I noticed some damage on one of the doors. Not anything they disclosed to me on the phone (I asked specifics)
    So please beware and do your research. These cars are expensive and a huge purchase. Good Luck! Let me know what you find out.
  • jorgegvbjorgegvb Member Posts: 15
    Anyone here bought an '07 RX with the Mark Levinison option recently? If so, what state are you in? My local dealer says there are none to be found. They even told me they are only being shipped to west coast dealers, so I cannot even order one. Can this be right? I am in Southeast Virginia. I would buy one today if I could find one.
  • sxylxysxylxy Member Posts: 29
    I just leased one in California, and I was also told that it was very hard to find. My friend leased a Mercedes ML 350 a few weeks ago through carsdirect or leasedirect...not sure...but they brought in their particular package from Florida (to CA) because it was nowhere to be found on the west coast. Maybe your local dealer can do that for you? In my hunt, I found that there were only TWO black/black/NAV/ML/AWD's coming in from Japan in August. If you're willing to give in other areas, like I ended up doing, you may find your car. Good luck.
  • paullinepaulline Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone have any further specific details on what the savings are for the RX350 based upon this promotion?
  • turbodog3turbodog3 Member Posts: 8
    Always use a trusted mechanic to inspect the car when buying a used car. Buy a CPO Lexus to further protect yourself. Carfax is good for what it's worth. It's not the ultimate! Some accidents are not reported no matter how much the damage. Also, Carfax is not a realtime report.
  • hxs30hxs30 Member Posts: 6
    I just bought one RX 350 FW with Premium Plus package and Navigation in Breakwater Blue in a dealership in Southern California.

The MSRP is $44, 123
    The invoice is $39,363
    The dealer quote selling price is 40,750

I bargained it down to $500 above invoice, final price is $39,863 plus tax, title and registration, etc.

What do you all think of this price?

Plus, I don't like the daytime running lights on. Does anyone know how to turn it off manually?
  • choonychoony Member Posts: 12
    I went to ParkPlace Lexus in Plano Tx, and asked them what this was about, and our salesman told us to our face that it's just to get people in the door. I'm in the market for a RX 350, so I'll be going to Sewell in Dallas. We bought our GX there in December, and from what they told us, the Golden Opportunity is savings on sales tax on selected vehicles. If anyone wonders, Sewell is far superior than Parkplace in more ways than you know. :)
  • lvn098lvn098 Member Posts: 26
    Here is what they email'ed me when I asked the same question:

The new sales event offers special financing and lease rates. It does not affect the sales price at all. The financing rate is about .75% lower than it would have been in July. Every dealer can offer you the same thing, because the promotion is from Lexus.
  • drewman8drewman8 Member Posts: 7
    I am reading all the posts and seeing many people paying about $500 over invoice in CA and TX. When I go to my dealer, I am told that the best they can do is $41.5k on a NAV car with MSRP of $44,283. I have purchased other Lexus cars in my life and have walked out and purchased other brands when they would not budge at all. I am not desperate to buy one, so I would be willing to walk away, but I am interested in understanding why GA is so much higher then CA and TX. Any info on SouthEast purchases and pricing would be very helpful along with any dealer info within several hundred miles of ATL. Thanks in advance.
  • drewman8drewman8 Member Posts: 7
    **UPDATE** - Talked with several GA dealers, nearly all couldn't even come close to $41,500 on the MSRP $44,283. However, one dealer countered with a quote of $40,783 on that same MSRP NAV car. Anybody know of a better deal, or should I take it and run? I don't think GA dealers will even come close to those So CA $500 over Invoice prices.
This discussion has been closed.