Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    Earlier this year I waited about 8 weeks for a special order Perf. Pkg + Nav RX330. If you have a special car in mind that's not readily available at any dealer in your area, and assuming you have another car to drive in the interim, then I think it's worth the wait to get exactly what you want.
  • myk_amyk_a Member Posts: 70
    Sure hope not, John. Which dealership was this? Did you order any special package?
    I suppose you're right Joel. I started to look at other cars/suv's since I'm getting impatient. But I don't think there's another that fits my needs/wants at this point in time.

I saw in your profile that you also own an Infiniti FX45. Which one do you prefer and why?
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    I written about the two cars before in other threads, so I won't repeat all here, but I really like both of them. My wife drives the RX330 and she loves it. Very comfortable, smooth and luxurious. I drive the FX45 and I love the performance aspect, but I have always purchased good handling, performance-oriented vehicles. It is definitely more fun to drive than the Lexus, but I fully realize that this is not a big factor for many prospective owners. My wife had to use it tonight when I was taking her's in for an oil change, and when I got home she (again) remarked how much faster it is than her's is (which is very true). But the Lexus is no slouch, and is definitely smoother, making it a better highway crusier, and also has a better quality interior. Most passengers sitting in the two of them would think the Lexus is the more expensive vehicle, because it just seems that way, although as equipped we paid about the same for each of them.

We plan to keep them both for at least 4-5 years, assuming they each prove to be as reliable and enjoyable to own as they have been so far.
  • johngreisjohngreis Member Posts: 70
    The only dealer in Syracuse is BURDICK LEXUS.
    Seems like most of their RX330's come in with the premium plus, HID w/ rain sensing wipers and 18" wheels. Ordered Savannah metalic with ivory interior. Not my first color choice which was breakwater blue but wifie didn't want black interior and the breakwaters they get in only come in black. Don't understand their system.
  • pdxmark2pdxmark2 Member Posts: 6
    After waiting about a month for my dealer here in Portland, Oregon to get the configuration I wanted, I'm finally in possession of my RX. Had to wait for it to get shipped over from Japan.

Flint Mica/Charcoal Leather/Performance Pkg/Navigation (and all the goodies that go along with those packages: AWD, heated seats, rain-sensing wipers, XID AFL lights, etc.). Sticker was $45,883. I paid $43,800. A shade over $2000 under sticker. Incidentally, this was about $500 more than I was quoted by a fleet management company. I figured it might be worth it to have an expert do my orientation to the car and have a good relationship with the dealer.

I was concerned that Lexus has now released an update DVD for the nav systems, and the previous '04 RX330 I test drove had the old DVD. My vehicle arrived with the new one already in place, I guess since it came straight from the factory. Didn't have to try to negotiate for the update.

So far, I love it. It's true that the controls for everything are pretty intuitive. They don't do the Mark Levinson audio with the Nav packages (I think due to speaker placement), but the base stereo/CD changer really kicks, I have to say.

VERY happy, and glad it finally came.
  • johnnieliujohnnieliu Member Posts: 34
    Do you have the version number for the latest NAV update. I picked up my RX330 last week from, I think, the same OR dealer that you bought your vehicle. I hoping that I have the latest update, if not, maybe they can swap.

JL
  • pdxmark2pdxmark2 Member Posts: 6
    JL:

My version is ver.03.1. In case you don't know where to see the version number... from the menu page, hit "DVD" in the upper right-hand corner.

I think this is the current version number that Lexus HQ gave me when I called to ask about it before picking up my car.

--pdxmark2
  • hondaexperthondaexpert Member Posts: 4
    Thanks to Katherine for her info.(ref. #204), I just signed P&S this morning @ $38,600 (including $139 doc. fee) + TTL for a Black RX330 AWD/Premium Plus Package. $40,727.05 out of door for exact. Believe it or not. Before I got this great deal, I thought I have to buy this RX out of state. Considered So. California for $3,000 Off and paid $1,000 for shipping. Not anymore.
    $3,000 OFF in Eastcoast vs. $3,000 OFF in Westcoast. It's possible; I just did it today. Again, thanks to Katherine for helpful info.
    Good luck everyone.
    Tristan
    P.S. will pick up the RX in couple weeks due to out of stock, but it's worth to wait.
    Gee... 2 weeks has passed and my car's still not here. Better talk with the dealership on Monday. Looks like the 1-month wait is the norm.

For those in the tri-state area, how much did you get yours & which options? The offer that I made a deal with was $43,000 for a 2004 RX330 AWD, Flint Mica, Black leather. It has Navigation, Premium Plus, htd seats w/ rain-sensing & hd washers, 18" wheels.

Kelly Blue Book new car pricing was set at $42,846. Did you pay close to this or less? If less, what's the dealership's name and city?
  • chrisjoochrisjoo Member Posts: 27
    paid less for exactly same car except the color. $42250, Annapolis, Maryland
    What's the dealership's name? What color did you get? What's your zip? Maybe the market conditions there are far different from where I am. I might consider contacting your dealership to see how much they could offer.

Below are the prices I found for this specific model/options/color:
    > MSRP is $44,196 - Lexus.com
    > TMV $44,081 - Edmunds.com
    > book $42,846 - kbb.com
    dealership name is Lexus of Annapolis. I live in Virginia, but my local dealers only offered $1000 off. Zip is 22153. I got breakwater blue, but they offer same price for all the colors. If you live in within 3 hour driving distance from the dealership, they will deliver to your home. I got the one with AWD, Premium Plus, Navigation w/ rear view camera, Heated Seats with Rain sensing wipers, 18" wheels, Towing package, cargo mat and wheel locks for $42250. I didn't negotiate that much. First, they offered $42500. That was already the best deal I've heard of in this area. My other local dealers first offer MSRP only so I really liked this dealer cause they seemed honest. They also gave good trading value for my old car $2000. other dealers only offered couple hundred.
  • dsp1dsp1 Member Posts: 2
    Theres lots of talk about cars being produce in Canada soon. Does any one know how to tell the difference between the two?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    "Every car sold in America must display a domestic content label that tells the consumer what percentage of the parts used to make the vehicle came from the United States and Canada."

Import vs. Domestic

Steve, Host
    The Japanese made RX's will start with JT(J=Japan, T=Toyota).
    dealership name is Lexus of Annapolis. I live in Virginia, but my local dealers only offered $1000 off. Zip is 22153. I got breakwater blue, but they offer same price for all the colors. If you live in within 3 hour driving distance from the dealership, they will deliver to your home. I got the one with AWD, Premium Plus, Navigation w/ rear view camera, Heated Seats with Rain sensing wipers, 18" wheels, Towing package, cargo mat and wheel locks for $42250. I didn't negotiate that much. First, they offered $42500. That was already the best deal I've heard of in this area. My other local dealers first offer MSRP only so I really liked this dealer cause they seemed honest. They also gave good trading value for my old car $2000. other dealers only offered couple hundred.
  • chooyu95chooyu95 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a RX 330 with PT, HH, FT, cargo mat, wheel locks (standard premium plus package) from Sewell in Dallas for $2850 below MSRP($40,128). Park Place offered $3078 below MSRP but offered $1000 less on my trade in than Sewell. Sewell initially appraised my trade $500 more than Park Place. They then increased the value of the trade an additional $500 to make the deal work. For whatever reason, they preferred to increase the amount given for the trade rather than increase the discount from MSRP. Previous discussions on this board suggested Park Place would negotiate for $4000 off MSRP and Sewell $3500 off MSRP on this package. I did not find this to be the case and was firmly informed by both dealerships they would not sell an RX 330 for this much of a discount. I was politely informed that if this was my expectation, I could go elsewhere. Perhaps demand in Dallas has increased since prior postings with sales prices now somewhat firmer. In terms of negotiations with Sewell, I was informed first of their inventory. They then wanted me to select the vehicle of my choice, but I deferred insisting that the sales price be negotiated first. The agreement was that if we could agree on a price, I would then purchase a vehicle from their current inventory. Based on my dealings with Sewell, not surprisingly they seem willing to offer a greater discount off MSRP for a vehicle in inventory than for a vehicle which they have to trade another dealership for or for a vehicle allocated to them from Lexus but not yet received. I was not able to negotiate a greater discount for a less popular color such as Black Forest Pearl or Breakwater Blue. I was advised that the three most popular colors in order are: Silver, White and Savannah. Finally, Park Place advised that only 4 vehicles were produced from the Canada plant for first week since production started on October 01. Lexus will continue to build RX's in Japan until Canadian production is ramped up over the next several months. Once Canadian production of the RX is full, a US dealer can submit a custom order for a RX which is built in 5 days and then shipped to the US from Canada. Delivery time should therefore be around two weeks from date of order placement. Each dealer will have production slots allocated for custom orders.
  • fsc1555fsc1555 Member Posts: 42
    choouyu95
    who did you deal with in sewell dallas - coz im in negotiation with them.

Thanks
    Thanks for the info. I will definitely contact them and also see if the dealership I'm working with would agree on such a price.

By the way, who pays for shipping and how much?
    Is the DVD Entertainment system worth purchasing? Am I correct to assume that the front seat occupants cannot see the DVD from the front monitor?
  • tedcruisertedcruiser Member Posts: 50
    How's your negotiations going? Are you dealing with the person I set you up with?

Tedcruiser
  • lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788
    myk_a - From what I read, you can watch DVD movie on the nav. screen when the car is in "P" or "D" with the emergency brake on. You have to press "AUX" for the DVD. I don't know if you can do that without the nav/ML package. Anyone know the answer? And is the DVD player has memory feature which allows you to continue the movie next time you play the disc?
    What you decribe is also valid for the NON-ML nav/res package.
    We ended up getting the RSES becuase we wanted a rare color, black forrest pearl. I was thinking of getting a portable unit so our 2.5 year old could watch something on long road trips. However, after using the stock RSES, we were glad that we bought that option. It is really more "integrated" than a 3rd party solution. The rear passengers have the ability to use the DVD head unit to watch movies, or listen to an audio CD. They also have the ability to listen to OTA radio, but I'm unsure whether they can listen to a different channel than the front head unit. Also, there are compsite video and audio connectors in right side of the cargo area, along with a 115V AC power outlet. I plan to use it for a portable MP3 player. Cheap way of adding MP3 to the vehicle. I would have prefered a one platter MP3 capable head unit than the standard 6 disc indash cd player. So, were are happy that we got this option. If you don't have kid(s), I wouldn't get this option.
    With the RSES, is it possible to hook up a gaming console (playstation/xbox)?
  • chooyu95chooyu95 Member Posts: 2
    fsc1555

I would be glad to give you the name of the salesperson at Sewell I delt with; however, I did not see your e-mail address listed in your profile.
  • vegasrxvegasrx Member Posts: 1
    Its on its way and will be delivered tommarow.
    Breakwater Blue with Grey int. FWD, MarkLev, Nav, Rses,+++... Msrp 45,298
                Sale price 41,390
    Thats nearly $4000 off Msrp. $200 for shipping from Beverly Hills to Las Vegas.
    My local dealer was the pits and made me feel as if I wasn't important enough to go the extra "inch", and I wasn't looking for a "mile" either.
    I read here on another post that someone else had gotten a good deal from a Beverly Hills dealer, and I called only after my dealer sold the RX I was interested in. It was the last day of Sept and I asked for the Internet Manager. Flint Mica was my first color choice, but Breakwater blue wasn't far behind. Anyway, thanks to you all for helping in my purchase...
    chooyu95
    here's my email fsc1555@aol.com thanks for the info - im still negotiating.
  • lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788
    johnnieliu - What about the last memory feature which allows you to continue to watch movie?
  • uis00snuis00sn Member Posts: 18
    Have anybody thought of it? I know for sure their prices about 10% less...
    what else do we have to pay when we buy the RX 330?
    I saw a friend of mine with added inventory tax? almost $85.00 ? I forgot to ask her!
    thanks
  • keithwandkeithwand Member Posts: 23
    I have 2 questions:
    1) What should I expect to pay for a 2004 RX330 AWD w/ prem pkge,heated seats, wood trim and towing pkg. with 0 down, 36 months and 12K miles annually. with a MSRP=$40,400
    I have been quoted $595.00 which inc. tax. Add aq. fee and transfers etc.

2) Trading 1999 RX300 AWD white/parchment with 42,000 miles, EC, moonroof and tow hitch. They offered me $18K

Please let me know if lease and trade is best that can be done in MI.

Thanks
  • rcn1966rcn1966 Member Posts: 2
    Just to give some additional information for people on this board. I purchased a 2004 rx 330 in white/ivory leather, 2WD, No navigation with the premium plus package for total of $36,278 plus tax and registration. Car was purchased from Lexus of Santa Monica through their internet/fleet manager. Deal was agreed over the phone, they prepared paperwork and deal took all of 30 minutes to complete. Other than inquiring if I'd be interesed in Lojack or an extended warranty they didn't push any other options or services. All in all the smoothest car purchase I've ever made.
  • rx4merx4me Member Posts: 58
    rcn1966 -- What was the MSRP on your rx? Did you get at least $3k off of MSRP?
  • basiclawbasiclaw Member Posts: 4
    choouyu95, here's my email shushuchen@sbcglobal.net, thanks for the info - im still negotiating.
    tedcruiser - please email me your contact person at sewell in dallas if u dont mind. Thanks.

dallas_mmic - please email me you contact in austin if u dont mind. Thanks.

I'm planning to purchase 2004 RX330.

Thanks.
  • cuttercutter Member Posts: 1
    quoted at 38,500.00. good deal or can I do better, also included 18" wheels.
  • cotmccotmc Member Posts: 1,081
    Alex: Unless things have changed recently for CA and AZ dealers, I'm fairly certain the MSRP for rcn1966's purchase was $39413; or maybe $39463 if the Destination Charge has increased by $50 in recent weeks. (I did extensive research back in June regarding RX330 model and option packages available to AZ, NV, and CA dealers.)

$3K off MSRP for a 2WD Premium Plus should not be a problem within the L.A. area. Due to fortunate circumstances, I was able to get $3K off sticker way back on June 30th. I purchased mine from Crown Lexus' internet department, but Longo Lexus also was offering big discounts. I was impressed with both dealers' internet departments. Both were willing to pick us up from our hotel in San Diego while we were vacationing. I was very pleased with Laura at Crown.
    You can use edmunds.com or kbb.com to get an idea as to the current "fair" price in your zipcode area. This number is a good benchmark for negotiating.
  • rcn1966rcn1966 Member Posts: 2
    MSRP on the car was $39,463. Deal was just about $3200 under MSRP.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    ... no names of salespeople!

Thanks.

tidester, host
    Oops. Sorry. Is that a new policy? Seems like we frequently posted first names of sales personnel 2-3 years ago, but maybe I'm dazed and confused...??
    People abused the system in the past with regard to promoting or soliciting business so, for some time, we've been drawing the line at providing contact information. You will notice that the current policy is spelled out in the introduction at the top of this page and on all of the "Prices Paid & Buying Experience" boards.

tidester, host
    Close to a agreement on price + TTL for OTD price. But in the end I'm charged some additional fee :
        6.25% Texas sales tax
        title + license + state inspection + doc fee
        texas inventory tax
    I think TTL just include Tax + title + license, so that means state inspection fee(?), doc fee, and Texas inventory tax(? dealer inventory tax) are not.

It comes to the exact meaning of TTL, Despite Texas 6.25% sales tax, how much is the rest of TTL ? I concluded I is overcharged to about $300 which I think probably only about 81.80( 58.80 registration + 10 local fee + 13 title ) is needed.

Am I correct ? Anyone in Texas know the exact TTL fee ? BTW, what's the Texas inventory tax ? I never hard of it. Should I ask them to remove these kind of fees ? Thanks.
    texas inventory tax - I was told that it is ad valorem tax which always been there - I was told. it amounts to around 81.00 dollars or so. Anybody familiar with this tax in texas ? I never seen it before.
    "You will notice that the current policy is spelled out in the introduction at the top of this page and on all of the "Prices Paid & Buying Experience" boards."

Sorry. As you can undoubtedly surmise from my other posts within Town Hall, I don't have very good reading skills... or writing skills, for that matter! :-)
    I don't have very good reading skills... or writing skills, for that matter! :-)

Look in the mirror and repeat this three times: "I am good enough. I am smart enough. And, doggone it, people LIKE me!" ;-)

tidester, host
    I'll give it a try. I'm not sure if Stuart Smiley's Daily Affirmations really helped Michael Jordan much at all, and so I have my doubts...

(By the way, that skit was a classic -- watching Jordan try his best not to crack a smile!)
    ...watching Jordan try his best not to crack a smile!

I SAW that one! Agree - it was the best!

We'd better get back to the regularly scheduled program though!

tidester, host
This discussion has been closed.