Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005 Kia Spectra/Cerato

Comments

• jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    The back end reminds me of the new Prius. Not a bad thing... The interior reminds me of my own Civic in the garage- not bad either. It all comes down to price, feature content, and warranty....
  • csandstecsandste Posts: 1,866
    was a carryover from the previous (pre-01) platform, especially the early years before the mid-point redesign. Those cars had very fragile sheet metal.
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    fragile sheetmetal in 1st gen
    and
    IIHS crash scores.
  • murleymurley Posts: 6
    I just thought that I'd note that the diesel engine is just an euro/asian market feature. The Sorento and Sedona also offer diesels in those markets as well.
  • That is a shame that we will not get the diesel here. My friend has a Jetta diesel and gets over 50 miles to a gallon. His car is quiet and smooth. The problem with VW is that they cost so much. Give me a new Kia with fifty miles to the gallon and I would be truly happy. Oh... and I think the name should be changed from spectra... I don't like the idea of driving a Speck. Sophia was a better name or just about anything else.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Manson, WAPosts: 7,243
    I like the name Sephia and I still don't understand why the fuss over needing to change it to Spectra. Oh well. I liked the name and I luved my Sephia.

2011 Kia Soul Sport 5-speed

on the Hyundai Elantra frame, bluewinds? That is one handsome 4-door sedan. I read where it will be available in a 1.6L and 2.0L. I would expect that the American model would be given the larger 2.0L engine. That is the funnest interactive car micro site I've ever been on. You can turn the car around to all sides and turn on and off the turn signals, headlights and brake lights and taillights, etc. You can also open and shut the doors, hood and trunk! It will also have the CVVT(Continuously Variable Valve Timing)engine. How cool! These guys just keep GETTING BETTER AND BETTER AND BETTER! My early choice for favorite color is the metallic red color they have on there. Well, I'm adding this Cerato(bluewinds-is it going to be called Cerato in America, too?)to my "next new cars list". There's now the new Sportage-replacement and Cerato from Kia and the new Hyundai Tiburon on the list. This is a great looking car-I'll be seekig out info. on it constantly now. I'd want the 5-speed manual tranny for sure.
        bluewinds-thanks, man, for the information. You're a great source for Kia information. Do you also drive a Kia?

• IT looks great! Look at all the options like radio volume on the steering wheel, heated seats etc... I hope we get it as is and Kia doesn't dumb it down for the american market. we are waiting for the Hatchback version. We carry to much stuff for a sedan.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 11,042
    I've changed the discussion title to reflect the new name!

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

link bluewinds posted for this new Kia 4-door sedan(see post #28 for a link to the Cerato microsite). We're still hunting and pecking for information on this car and still don't even know if the Korean-model name Cerato will be the name for the American import.

• uga91uga91 Metro AtlantaPosts: 1,065
    Showing ABS, TCS and rear head curtain air bags, I'll be interested to see what the reaction to this car is when it comes out. The pictures look really nice. I noticed a different Kia logo as well--I guess it has changed?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Looks good. I like how the fender flare turns into a character line down the side. The center console looks like the Sonata's.

-juice
  • svevarsvevar Posts: 160
    I think the Cetaro is very good looking. I see some Chrysler Sebring and Saab 9-3 in the front clip, not bad cars to look like, in my opinion. I'm not so sure about the interior, however. Maybe it's that weird metallic trim around the center stack.
  • regfootballregfootball Posts: 2,166
    wow, nice job Kia.....vvt! nav! good deal.
    looks good with the large taillights in a good shape and the lights are clustered in an organized way. I also like the little spoiler in back. The interior looked nice to me. I noticed in one of the interior shots it looked like a manual stickshift...Kia up to now has always offered manual tranny's, so.....the trim line along the side looks good as your eye goes back to meet the rear corner and spoiler stack...cool looking car. It's been added to my list to watch in 2004-2005-2006, whenever I decide to trade the Sportsman in. I'll get the Kia "customer loyalty" discount...I've been receiving them in the mail to get a grand off on a new Kia. I'll throw in a guess at Cerato's base price....$12,995.

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Neat. They really focus on the HIDs (no pun intended!).

They also show the CVVT engine cover and the DVD Navigation. I wonder if those will even come here.

-juice
    Cerato and Elantra, too, if I'm not sadly mistaken. That commercial seems to be unaccessible to me at this time. It says it's connecting yet it never connects and shows me 'da commercial! Yes, I'll take some cheese wid at!

• lngtonge18lngtonge18 Posts: 2,228
    Kia has hit a home run with this car! A very attractive car inside and out. They really need to keep the Cerato name since this car is substantially better then the Spectra. The interior is very classy looking, along the lines of the Mazda 3 and the VW Jetta. The Elantra's interior looks a bit dowdy and plain compared to this! The only thing that makes me pause is it looks like Kia is using the current gen Elantra platform (the front door panels are exactly the same), which is already on its 4th year. It's a good platform, but coming out with a car so late in its design will keep the Cerato behind the times as far as chassis refinement goes.

The list of features on this car is simply amazing. They should market this car as a premium economy sedan at an affordable price. Bring the car over with all the same options, except maybe the navigation system since that would make the car too expensive. I noticed heated seats, nice leather, radio controls for the steering wheel, head airbags for front and rear (only the Jetta/Golf offer this), traction control, and active front seats that help reduce whiplash injuries (it reacted just like the seats in Saab and Volvo!). Kia would be the only one in its price point to offer a number of these features. Kia would be stupid to not take this chance.

All I gotta say is I'm impressed with this car. Good job Kia!
This discussion has been closed.