Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Element Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• wildbillwildbill Member Posts: 12
    Three dealers in Mpls/St.Paul quoted $22,700 to $22,950.
  • bullseyetenxbullseyetenx Member Posts: 3
    OK hi all from a new Element owner. I like to think I am a pretty good wheeler dealer type. I just picked up my element last night, which had to be delivered from Indiana cause there are no LX 2WD 5spd's in MI. Anyhow I got three dealers to give me an out the door price including tax, title and plate transfer for $19500. (it would have been $19400 but they had installed mud flaps...) did I do OK???
  • specialk666specialk666 Member Posts: 3
    I have been offered a similar deal: 2007 EX AWD, Automatic for $20,500 plus tax and tags. This price is about $1400 under invoice and my first offer was accepted. That kinda worries me. Thoughts? :confuse:
  • wilcoxwilcox Member Posts: 582
    You done good if it was indeed a 2007 EX AWD with Auto. What color did you get? How do you like it so far??
    Well, I haven't purchased it yet. I'm gathering my quotes. I still have to check the UBS price (United Buyers Service). If you're not familiar with the service you can Google it. You need a special affiliation to get the service but they basically tell you which dealer to visit and that dealer offers you a set price, no haggle. Price are usually best and I bought my VW Jetta that way.
    Most dealers in my area are starting their offers at invoice. I'm just wondering why?
    ps. I'm thinking Red although I prefer Orange when the panels were still black. I'm also trying to get them to throw in fog light installation for free.
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    I'm not sure there is an 07 ex-p (aren't they all ex's ? now) but if this is the $24300 model I would be highly inclined to jump on this deal especially if no fees. It may definitely dissappear (at least from this dealer ) come the start of the new month (dec 1) As you say most dealers are offering invoice.

If you miss it click on my username and read my recent posts for useful info on how to buy a car.

Happy Hunting
    --jjf
    Just curious... i believe the price i paid was $17 something to get the $19400 out the door price...
  • wilcoxwilcox Member Posts: 582
    It sounds pretty good! Sales tax must be quite low up there.

What color is it? How long do you think you'll own it? Is it better than a sedan?

How do you like it so far? What do you think about the way the clutch operates? And give us your first MPG measurments...please.
    sales tax is 6% up in Michigan.

I got the tangerine color, wasnt my first choice but i am really digging it now. I hope to own til the wheels fall off...hehehe hopefully a long long time. Better than a sedan... I couldnt tell ya i havent owned a "car" for lets see... probably 12 years or more so sorry cant tell ya... but it is roomy, not as roomy as my full sized chevy blazer but a lot easier to get stuff into the back because of the lower overall height.

Overall i like it... owned it now for 16 days and have 4000 miles on it. The clutch in my opinion is really smooth but... i think it may need to be adjusted a little bit to fully disengage the clutch disk a lil sooner than it is doing right now, i feel like i need to hit the floor all the time otherwise shifting form one gear to the next is a lil difficult, not like hard to find the gear but i feel a lil resistance from the trans.. could be i am just not used to it yet...

I have put together a spreadsheet for my mpg and cost of driving for this vehicle and have the following results:
    worst MPG.................18.8993
    Best MPG..................25.7902
    AVG. MPG..................22.8817
    Cost per mile to drive.....9.0589 cents\mile
    (keep in mind I havent done my first oil change yet, this figure is being calculated by taking the cost of the fuel plus all other repair and maitanance costs to date divided by the mileage, simple really)
    ok thats all for now, oh how do u all think i did on the price? Like i said i got it for 17 something plus the 595 freight plus tax, lic and all other mysterious costs n fees...
    Well, I made the deal yesterday and I feel pretty good. Hopefully I didn't miss anything. Recall, the full specs are: 2007 Honda Element EX AWD 5AT. After visiting the UBS dealer I received an offer of:
    $20,897 Base
    $595 Destination & Handling
    $149 Mud Guards (on all the cars)
    $99 Wheel Locks (on all the cars)
    Total: $21,740 plus tax and tags.
    Then I went to the next dealer on my list from internet quotes. These are the people who said "come in" and we can talk about the $19,000 price I was going for. Well, honestly that was crazy on my part for a car that is $21,971 invoice. Ultimately, I got them down to:
    $20,900 Base with only 4 miles on the vehicle
    $100 Dealer Processing
    $0 Mud Guards
    $0 Wheel Locks
    Total: $21,000 plus tax and tags. So, I bought the Element for $971 under invoice and $740 below UBS. I was ready to walk if I didn't get the $21K because I really didn't need the car immediately plus there is still the end of the month/year to try for a better deal.
    I do want to mention that Honda of Bowie, in MD, was super easy to deal with and the paperwork was a breeze.
    Now, it's time to PLAY!
    PS. I got it in Red. :shades:
  • francesca1francesca1 Member Posts: 1
    LOTS of GOOD Deals! I just paid $18,990 for 2007 LX 4WD Auto which included the $595 destination charge but does not include tax, plates & doc fee or trade in. Bought through the internet, and one dealer offered $200 below the competition. I highly highly recommend my salesman for a fair, honest no pressure, great experience. Chicago area.
  • sudokusudoku Member Posts: 1
    Just bought an '07 SC tonight for 21,813 plus tax/license.. Being in the San Diego area, I feel pretty good about the price. And those wheels are awesome! First time Honda owner, I'm sick of my american cars not holding their value.
  • earthearth Member Posts: 76
    I have put together a spreadsheet for my mpg and cost of driving for this vehicle and have the following results:
    worst MPG.................18.8993
    Best MPG..................25.7902
    AVG. MPG..................22.8817
    Cost per mile to drive.....9.0589 cents\mile
    ------------------------------------------------------

Would have been nice if you included what roads you were driving,highway, mixed, city
  • caninegeniuscaninegenius Member Posts: 1
    hi sudoku, what dealership did you buy your SC at? i'm in the san diego area and looking to get an SC. thanks :)
  • catlady3catlady3 Member Posts: 1
    I just got done buying my new Element. I ended up purchasing from Honda of Bellevue but only because they were offering me an additional powertrain warranty. I had to walk out and was on my way to purchase from Honda of Seattle. Bellevue called me back and decided to match the offer from Seattle (plus I got a few extras):

I paid $22,171 + tax and license. The price included destination, wheel locks, mud flaps and door guards plus the extended powertrain warranty.

So, if you don't want to go through the hassle, I would definitely buy from Honda of Seattle. I called them and asked what their best price was as I was going to buy today. They offered me a great deal $22,371 + tax, license and the 3 extras without the misery of playing games.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Received an email from a dealer that AHFC is offering special finance rates from now until 02-05-07 on the Element,Odyssey, and Pilot's as follows:
    24-36 Month (tiers 1-4)
    .9%,1.9%,2.9%,3.9%
    37-60 month (Tiers 1-4)
    3.9%,4.9%,5.9%,6.9%
    Offer is not in addition to dealer cash
  • ellielouellielou Member Posts: 2
    I have recieved an OTD price of $19,062 from dealer in Baltimore via the internet (base = $17,871.) I haven't yet stepped into the dealer, so don't know what I'm in for! ;-)) This is the best prices I've recieved after sending out emails for quotes.

This is for a 2007, 2WD, LX, manual. From reading the above posts, it sound pretty good....but, should I be able to do better?

Thanks for any input! :)
  • snoboy09snoboy09 Member Posts: 2
    i beleive you got a good deal i just bought a 2007 LX Automatic, get this its used, has only 2500 miles on it, carfax turns out clean has only 1 owner in history.Non existing crash or burn or been flooding or anything. Made a good deal with the sales manager for $17500 for a used one that is a rare situation for an "07 element.The price they wanted us to pay was $19900 got them down to that price.Because we told them we can get that brand new we did our research.My wife and i was very happy, the dealership experiance there was exellent non-pressure and non of that sales tactic of "So how much monthly payment you would like to be into?" crap.They told us the price and we negiotiated and that was that.
  • zadzad Member Posts: 1
    Great deal. I AM IN Monterey area CA and the lowest qoutes are 19,800 for2007 LXAWD.Still seems high but still below invoice.Would love to get your deal
  • ellielouellielou Member Posts: 2
    Well, it was a MAJOR hassle! Turns out, not many people are in the market for 2WD manual. They had to search out 5 states to find it. Just about every dealer I spoke with tried to get me into a 4WD, but I don't need one....

So, I added floor mats, mud guards, and an extra free for having to go get the car in New Jersey (adding 200 miles to the brand new vehicle!) All in all, I think I did ok...but definitely not GREAT. (I guess I always feel as though I should negotiate a bit harder...) But, being armed with all these prices really helped!
  • ford17catford17cat Member Posts: 6
    Just got back from test driving the '07 Element SC, EX 2wd and '07CRV EX.(Just decided to see what so special about the CRV since"NO"Atlanta dealers can keep them in stock right now. The CRV was a smoother ride overall,and I guess that's one way to justify the sticker price, but the interior feels much smaller than even my current '98 CRV EX. The Elements braking system was superb and pick up was good. I noticed that engine sound was more noticable than the '07 CRV but definitley quieter than my '98 CRV. Wind noice was not an issue even at 80mph on the expressway. Visibility was a little more limited but nothing bothersome.

Now for the nuts and bolts. Dealer's internet price for the SC is $21,976.79, ($350 below invoice),and includes destination charge of $595, mudflaps and the standard SC options).Spoiler w/installation is an additional $485. With my '98 CRV trade-in of $6000, (Edmunds trade-in price is $6160, KBB is $6945) after tax,tags, title, etc, walk out price is $18141.16.

As we were shaking hands good bye, the sales person asked what needed to happen to close the deal, I told him they'd have to come up on the trade in price.

Is this walk out price a good deal? The other dealerships are qouting above invoice.
    Drove my Root Beer Element SC home last night. Went through a different dealer who gave me a better price on my trade-in. Original OTD qoute was $23,8000, with tailgate spoiler came to $23,975. With trade I paid $17,000. I shopped several dealers, thank goodness for the internet. Made things alot easier, less hassle dealing with sales people. Honda Hennessy of Woodstock, GA were great, no pressure and I felt they were straight with me. As straight as sales people can be I guess.(When the internet salesperson told me" we'd rather have you finance than pay cash, we make more money off of you"), I thought hey at least she admitted it. Highly recomend reading all of Edmunds info on buying tips.Love the car, love the color!
  • tabbycat3tabbycat3 Member Posts: 3
    We received a quote of $22,600 from Honda of Greeley, Colorado for a 2007 EX All-Wheel-Drive / Automatic in Tango Red Pearl.

Actually, our Broker who works for USAA (Auto Insurance) Company contacted the dealer and this was the quote; the price does not include taxes, etc.

Any comments appreciated.
  • soopereddsooperedd Member Posts: 32
    Tabby,
    Got $22,700 + taxes from Vidmar Honda in Pueblo.
    '07 EX 4WD Auto Tangerine Metallic.
    We ended up purchasing the Honda Element EX (2007) from Honda of Greeley, CO. Overall, the experience was very pleasant. They did try to push the Extended Warranties as I'm sure they are told to do. We just kept saying, "No Thank-you". The rest of the purchase was a breeze. We have had our Honda Element for about 2 weeks now and are really pleased with it. We are calling around to see who has the cheapest "installed" price for the fog lights. So far, Boulder, CO (Fisher Honda) is beating Fort Collins, Longmont and Greeley in the pricing by at least a couple of hundred.
  • cwalticwalti Member Posts: 185
    Dude, you got hosed!

I just got an '07 EX 4WD automatic in Galaxy Grey for $20,992 (incl. dest.) + taxes & Calif BS-fees = $22.950 OTD. I had been doing a bunch of leg work but I thunk it paid off... :-)
  • soopereddsooperedd Member Posts: 32
    You can't compare CA to CO, or any other state for that matter. I have a friend that just bought a new BMW from CA b/c he did find it cheaper out there, flew out and got it. I chose not to do that. That was the best price I could get at this time by contacting every dealer on the front range. The largest and highest volume dealer would not beat it.
    So I don't feel like I "got hosed".
  • novacouplenovacouple Member Posts: 31
    We have been shopping for an Element EX 4WD in Northern Virginia during President's Day weekend. Prices are all about the same, a little below invoice, ranged from $21,600 to $21,400 including freight but not including taxes, tags or those pesky $300 dealer fees. We are still not sure it's the car for us, still looking.
  • parke02parke02 Member Posts: 1
    So I'm purchasing my first car. I want a 07 LX, 2WD, AT. I was about to settle for a deal today... good thing I found this forum.

I've visited one dealership, have gotten internet and phone quotes etc, for 4-5 dealerships in my area. The best price so far is $18,263, incl destination but not tax, title, etc..., at the Weir Canyon Anaheim Dealership.

The Santa Margarita dealership offered me the same car with mud guards (not that I need them), and free lifetime oil changes for $18,700.

Edmunds Invoice price for this car is $18,231. So basically, my best deal is right around the invoice price. Can I do better?
    It took our dealership (Honda of Greeley, CO) nearly 3 weeks to get us a new Honda Element EX-P 2007 All Wheel Drive in the color that we wanted. I thought that it would be a piece of cake in the Denver area, but my guess is that they ordered it direct from the factory as it was given to us with 11 miles on it, plus it took them almost 3 weeks to get one once we agreed to the price. I also wanted to say that if you are a tall person, this car is great. We thought about buying the Honda Pilot but once I got in the 2nd seat behind the driver's side I said forget it. I'm five foot 10" tall. My husband is 6 feet. When I was driving my Ford Explorer XLT (with sunroof) my head was about 2" from the ceiling. When I hit a speed bump or a pot-hole, I sometimes could feel the ceiling on my hair. The Element's 2nd row has tons of leg room. For this reason we love this car. Very nice for taller than average folks.

In Colorado we did find that the All Wheel Drive versions of the Elements were scarce. Fort Collins had none when we were looking as did Longmont. The sales people said that the AWD's were hard to keep on hand.
  • cwalticwalti Member Posts: 185
    yes, you can do much better... My '07 EX 4WD auto, invoiced at $21,377 and I got it for 20,992 incl. destination and then financed a portion at 0.9% ... You should be able to get it to about 17,800 incl. dest... Your OTD price should not exceed $19,500...
  • cya33085cya33085 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2007 Element EX / Auto in grey metallic. I bought it from Weseloh Honda in San Juan Capistrano California. I bought it from the fleet manager, a guy named Steve Cheney who was very nice. I think he made me a fantatic deal. He sold me the Element for $20,400 (that include destination and handling). I was able to get a quote for $20,600 from Power but they were going to over charge me for the accessories I wanted. I added the following: wheel locks, door visors, a cargo tray, side steps, splash guards, fog lamps, a grey leather stering wheel wrap and a center console. The expensive part of the accessories was the labor to install (at least that's what other dealers told me). Steve added all the accessores and didn't charge me for labor. Out the door I paid $21,908 but I added $1400 in accessories. I had one dealer that was going to charge me $750 to install the side steps and fog lamps. I think I did ok? Any opinions?

Thanks,
    Mark Combs
    An Element Ex auto wholesales for about $16000 in a year so I would definitely want to keep my max in the $20000 range.
    Not a fantastic deal but fairly reasonable. If steve charged you near list for the accessories, that practically paid for the install (there is a large markup) so you did ok there too.

Last year the EX auto went for about $19000 for a really good deal over the summer. I know the list price went up by $1000 this year but don't know if they added anything.

--jjf

just bought a 2007 Element EX / Auto in grey metallic. I bought it from Weseloh Honda in San Juan Capistrano California. I bought it from the fleet manager, a guy named Steve Cheney who was very nice. I think he made me a fantatic deal. He sold me the Element for $20,400 (that include destination and handling). I was able to get a quote for $20,600 from Power but they were going to over charge me for the accessories I wanted. I added the following: wheel locks, door visors, a cargo tray, side steps, splash guards, fog lamps, a grey leather stering wheel wrap and a center console. The expensive part of the accessories was the labor to install (at least that's what other dealers told me). Steve added all the accessores and didn't charge me for labor. Out the door I paid $21,908 but I added $1400 in accessories. I had one dealer that was going to charge me $750 to install the side steps and fog lamps. I think I did ok? Any opinions?

Thanks,
    Mark Combs
  • cya33085cya33085 Member Posts: 2
    I had several dealers trying to charge me the full $495 for the side steps and another $300 to install. Steve sold them to me for $406 installed....the parts were the deal breaker. He was 50% cheaper than everyone I talked to....he charged about 10% below retail for the accessories but didn't charge me any labor. The big part of the deal was sales status. He's got a "Council of Sales Leadership Gold Master" embossed on his business car, told me he sells a car a day and "moves metal". He got me a low 4.9 which I had been able to get anywhere else. He cut right to the chase on the phone - One low price very quickly which beat everyone else I was talking to. He threw in a few extras that were nice for free: honda key chain, stainless steel Honda Coffee cup with screw top, box of Honda cleaning products, coupon for a free oil change - and let me post date my downpayment for 2 weeks so I could have the car now....I didn't mind letting him make a little money....I think he was $315 over invoice....he also offers the standard cheap Honda Care plan....7 yrs, 100 miles for $835......I was happy
  • kernickkernick Member Posts: 4,072
    I have a quote for $19,400 del. + $199 admin. on an in-stock Element. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this, if I get the 0.9% for 3-years. No sales tax in NH! so OTD is $19,600 - though you do pay a fairly stiff city registration tax at town-hall.

I'll add my own upgraded stereo which will be slightly ;) better than the EX's.
  • david_waynedavid_wayne Member Posts: 8
    I bought my '07 LX AWD for about the same price, though my out the door totaled $20,500. I live in PA so I cough up 6% sales tax. I have come across one or two better offers since November '06, when I made my purchase, but the deals were only slightly better. If I were you, I'd tell you to go for it.

As far as the sound system goes, the LX isn't spectacular. The one thing that I would like more then a better stereo is an armrest; other then that, the EX doesn't seem that much different.
  • titaneesetitaneese Member Posts: 43
    My daughter went out looking for cars because I wasn't moving fast enough for her. I would have liked to wait and recieve quotes through edmunds. Anyway, we just bought a new element ex msrp was $22,300 we bought it for $21,545 no doc fee out the door. After shopping through the internet I did get some better quotes by about $400 but I am still ok with the deal. We also got mud flaps, wheel locks and a pinstripe which would have been extra but we didn't pay for those upgrades. We bought it in Oklahoma city at Steve Bailey Honda and overall it was a pretty good experience. You have to watch out for your best interest every step of the way. When I asked the finance man how much he calculated we were going to finance and he was $300 off. He still was trying to charge us a doc fee which I had negotiated out of the deal.

07 EX Element red
    msrp $22,300
    Paid $21,545 out the door
    OTD can mean various things as in some states taxes are $300 and others $1800. How much was the sales tax where you bought?

thanx
    --jjf

My daughter went out looking for cars because I wasn't moving fast enough for her. I would have liked to wait and recieve quotes through edmunds. Anyway, we just bought a new element ex msrp was $22,300 we bought it for $21,545 no doc fee out the door. After shopping through the internet I did get some better quotes by about $400 but I am still ok with the deal. We also got mud flaps, wheel locks and a pinstripe which would have been extra but we didn't pay for those upgrades. We bought it in Oklahoma city at Steve Bailey Honda and overall it was a pretty good experience. You have to watch out for your best interest every step of the way. When I asked the finance man how much he calculated we were going to finance and he was $300 off. He still was trying to charge us a doc fee which I had negotiated out of the deal.

07 EX Element red
    msrp $22,300
  • titaneesetitaneese Member Posts: 43
    Well the taxes are paid when you purchase the Tag and I have figured the Tag and excise tax. It will be about $700 for this car. I think it is 3.25% here in Oklahoma. I hope this helps, I know sometimes people post their purchase price but sometimes it's hard to compare from state to state. I believe the next tag will be about $80 to give you an idea.

07 EX Element red
    msrp $22,300
    excise tax about $700
  • ragetsragets Member Posts: 63
    I got a silver '07 Honda Element 4wd EX model with:

1. Splash guards
    2. Fog lights
    3. Cargo Net
    4. Cargo Tray
    5. Cargo Cover
    6. All Season Floor Mats

All for $23,200. Which is about $500 under the MSRP. It only has 15 miles on it right now.

Great Deal, huh? :)
  • lablover2lablover2 Member Posts: 115
    i got one response from a dealer in the chicago area quoting $18,824 plus tax on the LX auto 2 wd-is that a decent price or do i keep shopping?
  • rik4rik4 Member Posts: 90
    honda just added $500.00 dealer cash for the elment. and it can be used in conjunction with the low interest rate. so i would shoot for 500.00 less
  • jpharneyjpharney Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I just left the dealer yesterday with an offer on an 07 EX 4wd: 24,379, tax included with the following accesories installed: 1: Fog Lights
    2: Security System Upgrade
    3: Trailer Hitch
    Should I take it, or shop around....Seems like a pretty good deal to me, considering tax is included and includes installation on accesories...
    ANy comments are appreciated!
    Julie
    Check out my message 14394 in the Accord prices paid section for useful resourses to learn how to buy a car.

I believe if you look it up on edmunds used appraiser, nada or kbb.com a used 06 element ex auto awd will wholesale for about $16000 with 15000 miles on it.

I would want a new one for about 19,xxx or so. I think they have increased the MSRP of the EX about 1000 since 06, but with no major additions. A review of last summers messages will show that the 19xxx number was a good deal last summer on the 06 EX

States vary from $300 to $2000 on such a purchase for tax, so that isn't very descriptive. Also list the fees. It appears that you have about $800 in accessories installed plus the security system.

A U haul hitch world outlet would probably install a light 1500 lb hitch like that for $150.00. I'm not a big fan of security systems as nobody pays attention to them. (Since there are 10000 false alarms for every real deal)

Element sales along with the Ridgeline are off 15% over already slow sales last year so you should be able to get a better deal.

Happy
    --jjf

Hello,
    I just left the dealer yesterday with an offer on an 07 EX 4wd: 24,379, tax included with the following accesories installed: 1: Fog Lights
    2: Security System Upgrade
    3: Trailer Hitch
    Should I take it, or shop around....Seems like a pretty good deal to me, considering tax is included and includes installation on accesories...
    ANy comments are appreciated!
    Julie
  • scrptdrscrptdr Member Posts: 1
    where/how did you get that deal? I'm looking to buy pretty much the same thing (o7 AWD EX 5 spd)in So. Cal. Appreciate any tips on dealers
  • praichelpraichel Member Posts: 1
    After working hard for the last two weeks, I finally pulled the trigger on my deal. I got a '07 EX AWD AT in NBP for $21,600 plus tax and tags. I financed all but $500 deposit on the current 36 month, 0.9% AHFC promo. I would rather keep my money in the bank at 5% and use their cheap money. The deal also included all season floor mats, cargo tray, splash guards, window rain guards, and wheel locks. I had shopped both via e-mail (first) and in person (second). I had to go to two dealers in person because the first backed outta his e-mail quote (Honda City of Levittown in Long Island) so I went to Valley Stream Honda. I ended up with $100 better than I was willing to settle for and some accessories thrown in. I pick up on Friday and I can't wait. I see some mods in my future, possible center console or fog lights.

Pat :)
  • lablover2lablover2 Member Posts: 115
    still haven't purchased the element 2wd lx yet-i got an email this morning saying the same dealership is offering employee pricing for one day but will not tell you what that is until you come in. it also has to be an in stock vehicle-all hondas except the fit were included in this sale. so, my question is this, i got a quote of $18,824 plus tax-title-do you think their new employee price will be a lot less? i hate to waste my time if it is just one of the dealers games. thanks
  • thecaptivemindthecaptivemind Member Posts: 1
    In Los Angeles area...

07 Element EX 4WD Auto - dealer offered $21800 (without tax, lic fees)

For accessories:
    fog lights - $770 parts+install
    side steps - $750 parts+install
    roof rail - $450 parts+install
    carpet mats - $191 part only
    total accessories = $2161

out the door would be ~$26500 (with tax, etc)

He claimed 21800 was their net, accessories seem expensive...

Opinions?

What should I expect to pay for a car with these accessories installed?
  • thedustinthedustin Member Posts: 1
    Just got a Black SC, manual for 20602, (not including NY tax,) which is 1100 under invoice! I feel pretty good about that. Apparently all the dealers in the area were clearing out their cars, trying to get the number one Honda dealer spot at the end of May.
This discussion has been closed.