Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Element Prices Paid and Buying Experience

191011121315»

Comments

• blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Thanks.

Sounds like you got a very good deal.

I was looking for info on new Elements. But, it does not look like too many new Element buyers are posting, or there are just no new Element sales...
  • n4lbn4lb Member Posts: 3
    Is a price of $21,000 for a 2010 a good price for a LX model? I'm in TN.
  • morin2morin2 Member Posts: 399
    edited March 2010
    What does that price include? There are two AWD LX for sale in no. VA at 20,769 which is 500 over invoice. And another dealer here swears they will beat that price. We're trying to decide between the LX and EX.
  • biancarbiancar Member Posts: 965
    Do those of you who drive Elements find them to be comfortable?
  • nicmartnicmart Member Posts: 3
    I find my 2008 Element's seat to be plenty comfortable. I also have a 2002 Honda Accord EX, and I get lower back pain when I drive the Accord for many miles, while I do not with the Element.
  • bigfurbigfur Member Posts: 649
    I have a 2007 Element EX and I find the seats in mine comfortable. Keep in mind im also 6'5 so being a taller driver isnt a big deal. Only thing i wish it had which isnt a big deal on these is a lumbar adjustment.
  • nicmartnicmart Member Posts: 3
    My '02 Accord has lumbar adjustment, but kills my back on long trips. My Element has no adjustment but causes me no back grief. Go figure.
    I have been looking for a 2008 element the last few weeks and can't find one that is not got problems. Looking for mileage about 30K or less. Red, Orange, Plum or Green. Not Gray or Black. Would also consider a 2009. Would like to be within 150 miles of Nashville Tn. Anyone know of one for sale?
    It's a two wheel drive EX model with very few miles on it.
    They really hold their value, don't they? My son bought a new 2010 EX AWD today for 22935 in MD. A 2WD would have been about 1250 less - so I think new is a better value.
    Really??? Aint that some shhhi something else i mean. The only thing i could complain about on my seats are the head rests but 2007 and after i believe they had to change since the gov't told them to. Otherwise the only complaint i have hear is from the GF who is 5'2 and complains that the seat belt lock when she leans forward to get something from the glovebox. Not a big deal to me since im not her son its ok!!! HA :)
  • snackpac20snackpac20 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at buying a 2008 EX 4x4 Honda Element with moonroof and roof rack. Only has 12,000 miles on it offered at $20,800- is this a good deal? I'm located in the midwest!
    Thanks!
    Price seems pretty high to me but check nada and on here and verify. At that price id go another four grand and buy new.
    These don't depreciate much do they? You can get a new 2010 EX 4x4 for 22935 - at least that's what my son paid 3 months ago. The new ones no longer have the moonroof if that is important to you.
  • mrmike38mrmike38 Member Posts: 7
    This is a perfect sized vehicle for my needs. I totally removed the back seats and use it as a van. I have some disappointments like The stereo system is ok at best. The front seats should've been able to go all the way forward when in forward position. The rustproofing found under the fender wells should've been sprayed everywhere on the undercarriage. It deceives a buyer into thinking he has rustproofing there.
    In my opinion, even a weekend car painter knows that all the door jambs should be painted the same as the rest of the vehicle. My Element is like that n some parts of the jambs while the rest is the same as what you find under the hood. I cant believe this is standard for a car company like Honda. Or is mine one of the exceptions to the rule? But, because I failed to notice it during the excitement of the purchase its not their problem and they have the law on their side (according to Honda Windward's owner and GM) They know these problems were there prior to the sale but got it past me
    The two side doors, with no center support, would be great for accessibility if the front seats didn't block 40% of the space. When I bought my Element I failed to notice the drivers door was out of alignment. What might have been a minor fix before the sale has turned into a big problem for me, again because I didn't see it before signing and driving off, its my problem. True they did attempt to realign the door for me but now I have air leaking from the seals. It is fixed to their satisfaction so, as far as they are concerned, nothing is wrong with the vehicle.
    I've owned this vehicle for 2 months now and have not been happy for a moment and actually want to get rid of it because of the door. Otherwise Id be thrilled with it. Check every nook and cranny before you buy because they don't inspect before the sale which leaves the problems to you if you miss them at first.
    Thanks Honda Windward Hawaii and Honda of America for the screwed up door and an unhappy customer. They know these problems were there prior to the sale but got it past me during the buying process. I'm wondering if I'm the only person out there that bought a Honda and were forced to settle with a less than perfect new car. Lucky you if you got one with no problems because we probably paid the same price.

May I strongly suggest that if you must buy a Honda do so from anywhere but Honda Windward in Kaneohe,Oahu,Hawaii.
    I paid $25,460.41 For the 2010 Element EX out the door. This price does not include any extended warranties or extras. I was told that I should feel lucky because the took their adjusted market value ($2,487.00) off the price listed on the vehicle. The listed price $26,357.25 not including tax and all the other fees added on. At first I was interested in the SC model but quickly changed my mind when they quoted me a price in the high $31,000.00. This dealership claims to be #1 in Hawaii for customer service and satisfaction. Who are they trying to kid... the dealership? Honda Windward of Hawaii SUCKS!!!!!
    I purchased a 2010 Element EX msrp $23,345.O.T.D. price $25,600 w/o extended warranty. At that time they had 2 used ones on their lot and both of them were 2 yrs old. They were priced in the upper $22,000. and I felt that was rather high priced. I asked a salesman about it and he said that the high prices give the impression that they hold their value and since it cost almost as much as a new one they end up selling a new one instead.
    This sneaky sort of selling strategy can be found at Honda Windward. I cant say this holds true for all Honda Dealers in Hawaii or elsewhere but Honda Windward SUCKS!!! If you must drive a Honda do yourself a favor and buy elsewhere
  • richcr44richcr44 Member Posts: 3
    Is that total price and what options did you have? Thanks
  • cscdscscds Member Posts: 11
    We received a USAA price protection certificate for 2010 Element TRIM (NYC region): 4WD 5dr Auto EX to see certified dealer - CLEARANCE pricing on remaining inventory. So I went to the closest Honda inventory in my NYC region and found the sticker price as follows:

2010 ELEMENT 5DR 4WD EX (NYC region)
    MSRP: $ 23,885.00
    Full Tank of Fuel: N/C

XM Satellite Radio
    Includes free activation
    3 mos. Free service

Destination & Handling: 780.00
    Total Vehicle: $ 24,655.00

The clearance pricing is basically - give me your price...so I would like to negotiate an OTD price of $21,000 (I would like the selling price slightly over dealer invoice price including the documentation fee AND subtract the dealer cash, if any).

I also found out that this particular make/model is involved in the shift lever recall notification (in the VIN Range/Dates of Manufacture). Has anyone had any experience with the shift lever or had it fixed by Honda?

The pricing seems almost the same for a 2010 or 2011, perhaps 500-700 increase. Any insights would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you for your attention.

Kind regards,
    Cynthia
This discussion has been closed.