Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen GTI Prices Paid and Buying Experience

123457»

Comments

• mondoman1mondoman1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,
    Can someone tell me if Golf TDIs are really that rare?
    I am looking in the SF Bay Area and am floored by the responses I see from the dealers - one is adding a $6k mark-up, and another is telling me "months".
    Does ordering one help? Will it really take 3-4 months?

thanks!
  • mondoman1mondoman1 Member Posts: 5
    sorry - wrong forum :|
  • ikillgiantsikillgiants Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a new two-door, manual 2011 GTI today. MSRP was $24,695, as the only option was a mat kit, and invoice was $23,698.

My purchase price was $23,700 -- $2 over invoice. Out the door, I paid $26,109.

Not a bad deal, in my opinion.
  • muse3muse3 Member Posts: 3
    Purchased 2011 GTI DSG, Sunroof, and Nav package
    Car Price before TTL : $26,990 (sales tax 3.17% in VA)
    OTD $28,400. The only option I got was a mat...

I think I had a pretty good deal...
  • ropanropan Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,

I am getting a 2011 4-door GTI with DSG, no mat kit, 18"wheels for $23,760 before TTL and for a total of $25,611 OTD. Also getting financing of 2.9% APR for 60 months.

Dealer insists it is the best price out there! There is only 1 car of this desired configuration in a 100 mile radius. I've already walked out on the dealer twice so I would think if there were any bluffs to be called, I've already tried it.

What do you guys think? I am guessing the discounts will go away on Jan 1 so I need to decide in the next couple of days.

Appreciate your thoughts.
  • greekpolisgreekpolis Member Posts: 2
    i think that's a good deal. i got a quote at: 24,500K

where are you located?
  • ropanropan Member Posts: 2
    Houston. I bought it today. Excited:)
  • roadmaster45roadmaster45 Member Posts: 13
    Hi all Just purchased a 2011 GTI Autobahn model 2 dr carbon steel gray mat kit DSG auto for 29706 was told it was 150.00 below invoice checked with edmunds here and it seems right anyone have any guess if its a good deal Thanks
  • hungsuhungsu Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    The dealer I got my GTI from last week might have been desperate to sell as it has snowed every other day here in MN. I got my 2011 4 door DSG candy white MSRP 26,160 for 24,200. According to Edmunds that is about a grand under invoice and 700 under TMV. So if you live in cold weather climates now might the best time to buy
  • sturock578sturock578 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy a 2011 GTI 4door DSG and was wondering what credit score i would need to land the 1.9% financing offered by VW. I'm right around 700. Can anyone here help?
  • gbriankgbriank Member Posts: 220
    If memory serves, you have to be north of 740 to be considered "top tier". I'd come to the table with financing ready. Consider hitting up a credit union. They are offering the best rates right now. That way if 1.9% can't be gotten through VW, you have your backup.
  • throttleblipthrottleblip Member Posts: 3
    On 11/30/11 I bought a new 2012 GTI four door with sunroof and convenience package. Sticker was right around $27,550. Bought for $23,302 plus TTL! Now THAT's a good deal on a GTI.
  • lucky_trx7lucky_trx7 Member Posts: 1
    That is indeed a great deal. Can you share the specifics on how to get this deal? I see that it's below dealer cost.
  • geosamgeosam Member Posts: 18
    Incredible deal, if I could get a deal like that, I would be tempted to trade in for my 9th GTI. Would like to know the details too, did you have a trade in?
    Congrats on your purchase, hope you love it as much as I do mine.
    Last day of the month I contacted internet sales of local dealers. I think there was $1500 factory to dealer cash last month, although there was no mention of it on Edmunds.com. Sunnyvale VW came back to my inquiry with that sales price right off the bat. Too good to turn down! It was a straight sale with financing through VW Credit.
  • dmo580dmo580 Member Posts: 1
    Who'd you talk to at VW Sunnyvale? I gotta get in on this. Heck I'm typing this message while parked outside the dealer.
    Hardik Patel is your man. Godd luck!
  • ghoti2ghoti2 Member Posts: 2
    I am new to this forum and spent some time reading interesting posts. Can you help me with my deal. I am currently in negotiations on a 2012 GTI 4dr Man Convenience and Sunroof for a 36 month lease with 12k miles. The dealer quoted me $2000 down which includes title, fees, taxes and 1st month payment (340). The monthly payment is $340. He quoted a money factor of 0.0025. This seems high and I have very good credit. The residual is 54%. Can you give me your thoughts? Is this reasonable. I thought the money factor would be much less considering I have good credit and given current market conditions. Where do you get your money factor rates from.

Thank you.
  • scuzziscuzzi Member Posts: 1
    It's been about a month and a half since I bought my GTI, but thought I'd share my deal in case the numbers are helpful. I bought a 2dr base model I was able to get down to $22.2k +TTL.

I financed through VW and was also offered 0% apr if I bought a service contract. I've read that you can get better deals on extended warranties if you call several dealers and negotiate, rather than taking the price offered at signing. But by moving the money I would have paid in interest over to the extended service contract, I only had to pay a few hundred more which seemed like a fine upsell to me.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the deal and VERY happy with the car!
  • rhizzleboprhizzlebop Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2012
    I'm trying to help a friend with a GTI deal.
    I've emailed with 9 dealers.
    Looking for the 4 dr, with manual trans with sunroof and convenience package.
    Looks like MSRP is 26800+~770 delivery fee, so about 27,600.
    The absolute best we can get is at 25,800+550 dealer fee+tax, tag, and title which is 26,800 OTD.

Everyone is within 100-200 dollars of that.

I've offered 26,000 OTD everything, and several just flat said no thanks.

Any suggestions to work the price lower? Odd that all are so closely bunched on their bottom price. Especially when someone above got $2000 more off.
  • burtreynoldsburtreynolds Member Posts: 3
    Could be where you are. GTI might be more popular in your area.

Their inventory. Do you see a wide selection or a few? GTI isn't a huge production vehicle as it is, and if they only have a few and they aren't rotting on the lot, then they have no incentive to meet your offer.

Time of the month. If they need one more sale to hit a bonus, they may listen to your offer. Try again at the end of the month.

Trim level affecting demand.

If no one is budging on email, you could try picking up a phone or going into a dealer. Often they will hold back via email thinking you are fishing for numbers (you are). The phone shows some more personal touch and interest. Obviously going in shows the most. Show up at the end of the month with a checkbook and an approved loan and they will probably take the offer if it is anywhere close to reasonable. If not, walk out and see if they call...they probably will.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter would like to speak to a recent buyer of a Ford Focus ST who considered buying a VW GTI. If this fits your description and you'd like to share your story, please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. ET on Monday, 5/6/13.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• amickeyamickey Member Posts: 25
    edited August 2015
    Since there's no thread post 2013 on prices paid:

Just bought a blue 2015 4dr S GTI DSG+LP+MM = $25.5K & $26.6K OTD in NoVa.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810
    amickey said:

Since there's no thread post 2013 on prices paid:

Just bought a blue 2015 4dr S GTI DSG+LP+MM = $25.5K & $26.6K OTD in NoVa.

What was the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator