Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• melvinpmelvinp Member Posts: 10
    I just finalized a deal...

A6 3.2 Quatro Trip w/Premimum, Cold, Tech, Sunroof.
    36mos @ 15K per year.

Erie County, NY Taxes = 8.75%

Total out of pocket $4K
    Monthly $620 (includes taxes-look above)

(I think this is good)

I recived some addtl. $500 becasue my previous vehicle is a luxury vehicle......

Any thoughts, dealer claimed that selling price was $500 under invoice.....you how that goes..
  • yuyoyuyo Member Posts: 4
    umguy, A lease deal in florida will get you on a 3.2, for 500 a month, 10k miles and about 2000 out of pocket.
  • hessianhessian Member Posts: 5
    Audi is currently offering special lease terms on the A6 3.2 Q with Sunroof and Premium package until May 31. Its under specials on the website.

The MSRP is $48,640 and the Purchase Option is $26,266. For 10,000 miles a year its $499 per month. That requires $2499 upfront with a $575 acquisition fee. Based on my calculations, if you assume a cap cost at the invoice price of $44,956, (which I know is low) the interest rate is only 2%. Otherwise if you assume the cap cost is higher, then the rate is even lower.

Is this possible? Is this deal to good to be true?
  • westhamwestham Member Posts: 11
    I just leased a new 2006 A6 3.2 Front Trac CVT with sunroof package $42,990.00
    with $5k out of pocket includes all fees, taxes fist payment etc. 36 month 12k miles per yr. with payment of $424.94 + tax ($35.06 here in Los Angeles) total payment $460.00 with a $350.00 turn in fee.
    How do you think I did?
    Yes it sounds a good deal and probably is, however if you look at the small print it says something to the tune that the dealer has to help out with the price and final amount may differ...........we all know how that goes!
    Best of luck.
    I think its a $1,000.00 (on the A6 anyway)
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    Aud's new A6 3.2 Quattro lease deal is pretty sweet.

The old one was 519 mo. on a 46k base sunroof pack car. Now you get the $2500 premium package thrown in, and they cut the payments 20 bucks a month.
  • yuyoyuyo Member Posts: 4
    The only downside is the 5K out of pocket. If something happens to the car, you will never see the money. I prefer to give as less as possible upfront and finance @ 36 months like you did.
    enjoy, is a nice car.
    JP
  • stratastrata Member Posts: 3
    NYC Dealer is offering $47,500 for demo car, never titled, 5100 miles, 2006 A6, with Tech, Premium and Sunroof Packages. Is this a good deal? This will be a purchase with some financing. Help please, I'm having trouble pulling the trigger. Thanks.
  • wbwynnwbwynn Member Posts: 246
    What's the MSRP?
  • stratastrata Member Posts: 3
    MSRP - $53,440
    In NC we are seeing $4000 off MSRP to cost plus $500 for in-stock new 2006 vehicles. It would seem that you should do better than that on the demo with mileage. Dealers are placing orders now for 2007 models which will start arriving late July. Push for a better price.
  • jjomalleyjjomalley Member Posts: 9
    My current lease ('02 A6 3.0) is up in August and I'm looking to upgrade to a 4.2. The current selection of 4.2 '06s is pretty slim so I put an order in for an '07 with the new Daytona Grey.

Question is: Does anyone have any expectations as to what price breaks they'll be giving on the new model year?? Any prior experiences??

The good thing is that if they don't give me the price I'm looking for, I can just walk away from the deal.
    As of right now, there is 0 dealer cash on any A6's other than the $1000 lease incentive on the 3.2 Quattro. With almost 6 g's off a demo, that's not a dad deal as he's probably giving you all the holdback money and losing a bit as well.

As a tip for you, you can certify any new or used vehicle with over 1000 miles on it..even if it's brand new and never titled. Get your dealer to certify that demo and give you the 6 year / 100,000 mile warranty. It won't cost him too much as that car shouldn't need any costly repair work with so few miles on it.

If they would do that, I'd go ahead and buy it. It would cost you at least 3-4 grand to put a 100k warranty on any highline german car.
  • felke001felke001 Member Posts: 33
    Current A4 owner--own the car and love it but warranty runs out this fall and I am a bit concerned about owning turbo german car out of warranty, so considering making the jump to the A6.

Trying to decide whether to wait for the 07 models to come this fall. Anyone know of any signficant changes planned for 2007 model year?
  • sfcharliesfcharlie Member Posts: 402
    Try this website:

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2006/06/14/011297.html

2007 A6 3.2 Sedan and Avant Equipment Changes:
    * Trip computer / Driver Information Center will be standard on all A6 models
    * A6 3.2 CVT will get a new 16” 6 spoke wheel
    * Digital speed indicator in driver information center on all A6 models
    * New cupholder (similar to A4) in all A6 models
    * New flexmetallic trim will surround the instrument cluster on all A6 models
    * New satellite radio antennae (smaller) on all A6 models
    * New overhead center console (from Q7) on all A6 models
    * CD changer will have MP3 playback capability
    * Power tilt and telescoping steering wheel was added to Convenience Package on 3.2 models
    * Rearview Camera will now be included in the Technology Package
    * Headlight washers were added to the Cold Weather Package
    * 4 spoke multi-function steering wheel with shift paddles is now included with the S line Package
    * 19” 20-spoke 2-piece BBS-style wheel is now available as an upgrade when S line Package is ordered
    * S line Package now available on A6 Avant
    * Leather dashboard from quattro GmbH now available as a stand-alone option
    * Quartz Gray Metallic exterior paint replaces Atlas Gray Metallic
    * Ibis White replaces Arctic White
    * Phantom Black Pearl Effect now available (Brilliant Black remains)
    * Daytona Gray Pearl Effect is now available with S line
    * Cardemom Beige replaces Beige interior

----------------------------------------------------
    2007 A6 4.2 Sedan Highlights
    * New 4.2 engine now with FSI direct injection technology and 350 hp
    * Same equipment changes as 3.2 Sedan/Avant (above)
    * Technology Package, S line Package, Cold Weather Package are same as 3.2
    * Stand-alone options are same as 3.2 except for the solar sunroof that is only available on the 4.2 model. Also leather dashboard is stand alone on the 4.2.
    Audi vehicles must be five years old or newer and have less than 70,000 miles at time of certification in order to qualify as Audi Certified pre-owned. Also, they must be in service at least four months or 4,000 miles from the original in-service date. So, I would agree with earlier posting ... this can be a certified for 6yrs and 100K car.

You still get the balance of no-charge scheduled maintenance part of the original 4yr/50K warranty.

Will there any difference (during the the miles from 5K to 50K) on extent of warranty coverage when someone buys a certified car from Audi, or do you get the full “new car” warranty up to 50K and then switch over to a more limited warranty from 50K to 100K?

For comparison, you might check the website of Diablo Audi out here in the San Francisco Bay area. I notice that they have a 2006 A6 for sale with 5K miles. You might then contact them, see what options are on the car and check their asking price against you’re offer.
    After 50k, there is a $50 deductable per warranty claim with the CPO. Other than that, it's almost identical to the factory warranty. Just realize that "wearable" items are not covered.

Also, on 2004 + models, you can now buy extended maintenace that covers the 55k, 65k & 75k services. It costs around $650.
    Are "wearable items" also not covered for the first 50K? If so, is BMW the only one that literally covers everything (except tires) during the first 50K?
  • mfdevinemfdevine Member Posts: 2
    Night Blue Pearl
    Premium Package
    Sirius Radio
    161 Miles on the car. "Demo" vehicle.
    MSRP- $50,640.
    Paid- $41,300

I think (hope) I got a very good deal.
  • rstnpcrstnpc Member Posts: 9
    I would say you got a GREAT deal providing "Demo" does not mean the vehicle has had some issues. I have been looking at 06 A6 avants and the prices I have been quoted are $10-12K more than what you paid. What part of the country did you purchase? I am in GA.
  • kkarlkkarl Member Posts: 2
    Car Man:
    Regarding the $6000 dealer cash on A6 3.2 you mentioned on the "leasing" message board, I have not seen that on the Edmunds listing of rebates/incentives for Audi A6. The listing currently mentions only low financing rates. Is this $6000 already in place right now, or will it start on some date? If it has started, what is the expiration date? I would like to know for sure because I would like to use this in negotiation. Thanks.
  • rbhorbho Member Posts: 1
    I always had a dream of owning an Audi. I bought one a year ago, an used 2004 A6 2.7T. Just wanted to check with the folks on the forum, whehther I got a good deal.
    The original owner had 34k on the odo when I bought. I bought this from the dealer for 27K + Taxes. The car is fully loaded and a Quatro.
    I am planning to buy one more A4 this time, if I get a similar deal.
    Any reply is appreciated.
  • taylorjefftaylorjeff Member Posts: 4
    My lease of a 2003 Audi A6 2.7T quattro will be up 9/1. I can buy it for around $22K. Is this price negotiable? The car will have right at 50K miles.

Also, if I choose to buy it, what should I expect to pay for the Audi extended warranty to 100K?
    Anybody have confirmed invoice pricing on the 2007 base models?
  • buffndmbuffndm Member Posts: 5
    Escondido Audi in North San Diego County advertized this weekend in the San Diego Union: 17 New A6's each $8500.00 off MSRP. I called to verify that the ad was correct and was told there were 12 FWD and 5 Quattros. I have a 99 1/2 FWD with 55,000 miles that I got an astounding lease deal on 7 years ago, and although the car looks and drives almost like new, and I have 1 1/2 years left on an extended warranty, I decided that this deal was too good to pass up if I could find a car equipped to my taste. I bought a FWD CVT with Dakar Beige Metallic, Amaretto Interior with Premium Leather, Sunroof Package and 18" Alloy Wheels. MSRP was $45,940.00 and I paid $37,440.00 plus taxes and fees. This deal is very similar to the deal I got on the 99 1/2 but that was $6,000 off a $38,000 list with a 60 month lease at a very low interest rate. Both of these deals came up in July and both were advertized in the paper. In the case of the lease I got the car equipped exactly as I wanted. With the new car, I wanted the Premium Package but otherwise it's exactly what I wanted. I miss the Bose but the engine/transmission combination and handling of this car are a huge improvement.
  • korientkorient Member Posts: 10
    Scored my first audi today. A 2006 A6 quattro Black/Platinum with premium/sunroof package for $40k before tax/fees. MSRP $48640. Atlanta

This forum really helped me to get the best deal. (I hope)

Thank you all.
  • liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    Congrats on the car. You'll enjoy it! Is it CVT or Quattro? Your post says both...
  • rstnpcrstnpc Member Posts: 9
    Congrats!!! I am negotiating an Audi in the Atlanta area also. Care to share if your purchase was inside or outside the Perimeter?
    Mine's a Quattro, the dealer had a demo CVT for 33k, but it's white. so i passed on.
    Jim Ellis @ peachtree industry.. I can give you my salesman's name if you want, but i can't post it here.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    The dealership name is fine.... But, please... no exchanging of individual contact information..

Thanks!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tfh715tfh715 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a 2003 A6 Quatro 3.0 with 15K, silver w/black leather interior, certified used. I have found that avg retail is +/- $25K. Am I nuts to let this one get away? This is the wifes dream car (has been driving 97 Accord EX since mile one and has earned the right to step up!)
  • thejordans502thejordans502 Member Posts: 5
    Were you able to combine the advertised low apr financing with that price? On the Edmunds incentives section it shows 2.9 for 24 or 3.9 for 36 months. If that's the case I think I'm definitely in as far as a purchase. I've also been in contact with Jim Ellis and they are quoting 8,600 off MSRP.
  • gan1812gan1812 Member Posts: 3
    Bought my A6 CVT yesterday with premium, sunroof and 18" inch wheels. MSRP was 46390, invoice was 43374 price paid was $37100.
    It was Atlas Gray mettalic with platinum interior. Price was $9300 off MSRP. It was in San Franciso bay area at rector motors burlingame.
    Thanks to this forum i learnt of the discount. Thanks everyone.
  • bigblock66bigblock66 Member Posts: 4
    FYI....I just bought a brand spanking new A6 3.2 Quattro with premium/sunroof package, Atlas Gray color.

MSRP: $48640. Paid $39333. $9307 off MSRP.
  • ccruzerccruzer Member Posts: 3
    Congrats!
    Its a great price, Can I please get your sales contact details.
    I am very much interested in buying this car ASAP.
    Appreciate your quick response
    Sorry, I forgot that my car had the heated steering wheel option too. The MSRP on my new A6 3.2 Quattro is actually $48840. Paid $39333. $9507 off MSRP. Bought at Inskip Audi in RI. Hope this helps someone.....
    I agree with the others, that is an incredible, almost unbelievable price. It must have been an '06 or '05, not an '07.

For that price, you barely can buy an A4 3.2! That dealer must be wanting to lose money...
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Although, I didn' buy the A6, I was shopping them about a month ago. Around the Cincinnati area, '06s were being advertised for at least $9K off either the 3.2Q or the 4.6Q. That's before getting into the dealership to negotiate.

Must be some "hidden" dealership money that Audi is throwing at them to clear them out.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    Yes, this was for an '06. Audi is offering dealers a $6000 incentive to move the 06 models. An Audi A6 premium with heated steering wheel for a little more than $39k is a pretty fine price for me :)

Also...I really like the car!!
    Awesome price! Makes me almost wish I'd waited to buy my C6 A6 until now instead of 10/04...

ALMOST...but not! :D
  • xincerxincer Member Posts: 4
    tfh715 - have you purchased the Quatro yet? If not, what area are you in? I'm in Southern Cal and have an '02 A6 Quatro Wagon, black on black, in excellent condition, with 42K miles, that I am trying to sell. Asking $22K.

I have loved this car, but unfortunately need a truck for work stuff now. If interested, please let me know as soon as possible, I need to make a decision on what to do with it asap.
  • pta6pta6 Member Posts: 1
    What is the best deal out there for leasing 06 A6 3.2 CVT with minimum upfront for 3 years at 12K miles/ yr. I'm currently on the speacial lease from Audi on my 03 A6 at $399/mon.
  • bbydadbbydad Member Posts: 58
    Has anyone negotiated or seen a deal for an A6 Quattro with tech package (navigation)? Are dealers giving as deep a discount as they seem to be doing with the A6 premiums/sunroofs? Does anyone know if the $6K incentive is good through September? Are these cars not selling well?
  • fisher54188fisher54188 Member Posts: 25
    hi bigblock66,

Is the price out the door price or there are still other markups?

Thanks for sharing the information and congradulations on the new car!!
  • tonyev1tonyev1 Member Posts: 4
    i am in the market for a 2004-2005 audi a6 (2.7t,3.0t) , fully loaded, "average" miles. i live in northern new jersey. i need to get a handle on the dealer's cost of the vehicle. as a shortcut: do i take the msrp ,and use a percentage of this.? for example, if the msrp is $28,000, do i take 90% of this number and use this as my dealer cost? any help would be appreciated.
  • dolsey01dolsey01 Member Posts: 92
    When I purchased mine, I went by KBB trade in value and figured in the cost for them to certify it. plus a little bit for profit which kind of comes out to be around KBB private party value. Just realize even KBB trade in value for a used Audi is very inflated. My 02 A6 KBB trade in value is around 17,500 - 18,000 but the most I have been offered for a trade is 15,500 from at least 7-8 dealers. My experience with my CPO Audi has been very mixed. The first 9 months I had it , it was in the shop 10 times for random things. It didn't cost anything but it was a real pain and really killed any confidence in the car. We won't even take it on long trips any more. The last five months have been good though. From my research I would recommend going with the 3.0. I have read many horror stories about the 2.7T. I would also make sure you check the CarFax report and do not purchase one that had been sold at auction, I would try to get a one owner lease return.

Just my 2 cents and best of luck!
  • wlm26wlm26 Member Posts: 33
    I'm looking at purchasing an 03 A6 4.2. It's got 40K, and the asking price is $26K. Should I jump on this?? Car looks great, drives great. The one thing, though, is that the 4 year warranty is up in October. Is the maintenance really expensive, oil change, etc? Could I change the oil my self?? Thanks in advance for any advice!!
  • dolsey01dolsey01 Member Posts: 92
    Personally I would never buy and Audi with out a warranty and I'm sure otheres here on this forum would agree. Maintenance is very expensive and and out of warranty service is EXTREMELY expensive. I had a seal go out in the transmission and if it were not coverer under warranty it would have been almost $3000 to repair. I also had another issue that was not a warranty repair but my insurance picked up the tab at $2800. My local dealer had a 2004 A6 3.0 Audi Certified with warranty till 2009 with 19K miles that they were asking $24,000 for. I'm not sure about the 4.2, but you should be able to pick up a 04 for around 21-22K with reasonable mileage and Audi's certified warrany. All I can say from my experience is do you self a favor and make sure the car has a warranty for as long as you plan to keep it. Mine is up in 2008 and I will be getting rid of the car on or before that date. I do have to say though, I LOVE MY CAR. Good Luck!!!