Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC70 V70 Prices Paid

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited April 2015 in Volvo
Share your XC70 purchase experience here.

Comments

• nobeenobee Member Posts: 194
    Purchased it through the diplomat/military program.

2004 XC70
    Ash Gold
    Brown leather
    Premium Pkg
    12 Volt outlet in cargo area
    IAQS
    Auto dimming mirror
    Wood steering wheel
    Crossbars
    Skiholder w/ side rail
    Lock kit
    freight

Out the door at 32,350 USD

-nobee
  • newbuy2newbuy2 Member Posts: 3
    How about if your not eligable for the Diplomat program - anymore out the door prices out there ?
  • fraser4fraser4 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to purchase the best price in the NorthEast, with price including all fees. Can someone please give me feedback on great prices.
  • douginmadouginma Member Posts: 19
    Hi, we're going to be buying a V70 wagon soon. We're in Mass (near Worcester) and want your pricing paid if you recently bought a base model. (Please don't try to convince me to upgrade to the XC....I've got 3 kid's-worth of college coming up in 12, 14 and 18 year's respectively..:) )

The only option we really need is automatic, and potentially the 3rd row seat and the integrated child seat booster in the middle seat.

My co. participates in the XPlan pricing. Also we're not against doing an OSD if we need to get the car exactly equipped the way we want.

Anyone out there who bought a V70 so-equipped???
  • volvojohnvolvojohn Member Posts: 4
    Douginma:

I hope this is of help. I started out looking at the base model, but decided to upgrade after driving the 2.5T. My car had an MSRP of $38.9 and sold for $32.9 before taxes and license. You mentioned a middle seat booster...my car has built-in boosters on the left and right rear seats, but not the middle one. I'm not aware of a booster for the middle seat.

My reasons for choosing the 2.5T were as follows:
    1. The base model uses the 2.4 engine which seems noisier than the 2.5T, especially at an idle. I've driven the 2.4 as a loaner and milage seems about the same.
    2. The 2.5T has a marked power advantage because the torque comes on at a very low RPM.
    3. The 2.5T has speed sensitive power steering, which is noticably easier to turn at low speeds.
    4. The 2.5T has a sportier suspension which in combination with the speed sensitive steering and lower profile tires gives very positive steering and braking.

The automatic in either the 2.4 or 2.5T engined cars will perform very well. It shifts at the right time. Volvo's version of tiptronic allows manual selection of all 5 gears. IMHO it is fun to play with but serves no real purpose other than to allow selection of 2nd and 3rd to start in snow. The STC is very effective for getting this FWD car going in snow.

No matter which model you choose, I think you will enjoy and more importantly get a lot of use from it. Your story brings back memories. When my 3 kids went through college we put a 240, 740 and 960 through their paces moving kids back and forth over spring breaks.
  • 04redtahoe04redtahoe Member Posts: 17
    My wife bought a 04 V70 with FWD and we got the inegrated boosters and the third row seat. I'd recommend at least springing for the 2.5T engine, also. My 6 and 9 year old do not like that third row. They did at first and now they don't. There is no leg room. The 2 year old loves it, but the problem is that the only people that can fit back there are probably the ones who will be the least safe sitting there. It's paradoxical IMO. Large people would be relatively safe but can't fit. Small people can fit but won't be nearly as safe. For carrying capacity, I'd look to an SUV or Minivan.
  • edsurf611edsurf611 Member Posts: 4
    I was quoted $33,800.00 for the V70 2.5T with the sport and climate package. This was from a Volvo dealer in California, so tax and license will vary from Mass.

I will also be in a position to drive down the price a little more too. Probably try to get him to go down to $32,000. I was very surprised at how easy it was to work with the Fleet Sales Manager. Try it.
    I wish we could step up to the 2.4T but I don't think the finances will allow for it. (Although to be honest, we haven't gone for a test drive yet, so I honestly don't know how the ride for the 2.4 compares to the 2.4T...maybe that'll change our buying decision...:) )

We do have a minivan as the other car, so maybe the booster/third row seats is not that important.

Lastly, Volvojohn, since you're through paying for your kids' tuition, how about you help me out??? :)
  • jburschjbursch Member Posts: 11
    Just received quote for a 2004 XC fully loaded for $2,500 under invoice (did not even negotiate). Do I have room for futher negotiation? Thanks.

jb.
  • edsurf611edsurf611 Member Posts: 4
    What was their final offer? I do not know what invoice for an XC70 is. Sounds like a good deal.

EB
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A journalist is hoping to interview consumers who recently bought pre-owned crossover vehicles (such as the Acura MDX, Audi quattro, Ford Escape, Hyundai Santa Fe, Subaru Baja, Toyota RAV4, Volvo XC70, etc). Why did you go for a cross-over? Which one? How does it suit your tastes, lifestyle and budget?
    Please respond to newswiz@earthlink.net and/or jfallon@edmunds.com by Friday, March 5 with your name, daytime contact information and some information about your vehicle.
    Thanks!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• tel5tel5 Member Posts: 13
    I'm in the market for a 2004 XC70. If you don't mind me asking, what dealership quoted you $2,500 under invoice?
  • hillflahillfla Member Posts: 90
    I visited a Volvo dealership last night to discuss XC70 pricing. Without me even trying, he quoted me $35K for a loaded XC who's MSRP is $39K. After some discussion, turns out there is currently a $2000 rebate on Volvos (at least this model) right now, and that was included in the price. So that may be how 'jbursch' got that quote. There is about a $2000 difference between MSRP and invoice, so they did offer me close to invoice price for the car and then the other $2000 was the rebate.

FYI, you can either get a $2000 rebate OR take a $750 rebate and get 1.9% finacing for 60 months. Worth checking into! Who knows what the offers might be next month.
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    Can anyone confirm if Volvo Canada dropped the MSRP on XC70? By about $4000, it appears!
  • don_chicagodon_chicago Member Posts: 2
    Not sure about Canada, but my local dealer offered me $2000 under invoice today. But all they have are the ones with premium package loaded which I don't really care.

What do you folks think?
    I can't be certain, but it looks like they may have re-configure some of the standard equipment to go along (or maybe to make feasible) the price drop. For example, the moonroof is now a stand-alone option. Wasn't it standard previously? But in any case, for me personally, if I can pay less not to buy the moonroof, all the better.
  • newberrynewberry Member Posts: 2
    Premium package is nice. Leather, trip computer, passenger seat upgrade, sunroof.

I bought two Volvos in the same week in March(V70/S60). Both 2.5T. We got great prices, especially by using the "fax attack" method. Volvo was offering some great incentives and since I just turned 50, I also got an AARP $500 discount on each car.

It should be easy to get a deal.
  • larscalarsca Member Posts: 60
    Just did a comparison between OSD pricing and TMV pricing on a V70T5, premium, sport, touring, child booster seats, and lastly bi-xenon lights. TMV was $36500 (or close to that) and OSD was $36800 (or close to that). Right now Volvo is also offering a $2000 dealer cash back on the V70, but I don't know if that should be deducted from the TMV price or not. Probably not since the car's already selling for $800-900 below invoice...

Anyone have any thoughts? Will there be more incentives closer to the year end, or when MY2005 starts showing up in the showrooms?

Of course, the trip to Sweden is worth about $3000 for two (airfare, hotel, rental car) so if you have any reason to go to Sweden anyway, OSD is still cheaper when looking at it that way. And no jokes about going to Sweden! It's a nice place.
  • orator99orator99 Member Posts: 2
    Yes, incentives do seem to be coming in for the V70. The factory has officialy stopped taking orders for 2004 models as of last week - so it's all whatever is on the list for now.....
  • daddyoftwinsdaddyoftwins Member Posts: 1
    orator99, are you sure that the factory isn't taking orders any longer? My local dealer here in MA told me that May 7 was the cut off for making a change in their final delivery before the 2005s, and he led me to believe that I could still order a specific package up until then.

I'm looking for a V70 2.4 with the versatility package (third seat and boosters) but NOT the premium package, and it's not easy to find. I can't afford it until day care ends at the end of June, freeing up some cash, so waiting another week or two before ordering works well for me, as long as I don't miss the 2004 model year.

Can anyone give me a sense of whether or not I can expect new incentives from Volvo once the current ones expire at the end of April? I know that there are no guarantees, but what has Volvo done in the past. Have they had incentives running ongoing for a while?
  • finecognacfinecognac Member Posts: 1
    daddyoftwins,

I was in the same position as you were. I do not care for the leather but need the booster seat. Unformately, you can't order a booster seat without the premium package because they only make booster seat in leather. I ended up order a base 2004 with automatic in March. The car arrived in my dealer last week but again unfortunately, the 2000 incentives run out so we have to pay 2000 more. A base 2004 V70 automatic price is 28754. We cancel the order and get a V70 with premium, climate and booster for 29540.
  • chipsterchipster Member Posts: 1
    An Atlanta dealer offered us a price of 32,400 for 2004 V70 with premium and cold package (before tax and license). Has anyone in the midatlantic or southeast gotten under this price?
  • one less suvone less suv Member Posts: 2
    Daddyoftwins,

I don't know how old your twins are but you may find there is a reason the boosters only come in leather. We just traded in our last wagon with cloth seats complete with an assortment of ground in food products (our kids were toddlers when we bought the car and for all we tired to keep food out of it sometimes it is just not possible). My first priority was leather because of the ability to clean it with kids. Although the cost gets you up front - it may come back when you sell it in the end sans toddler food.
    Blessing in disguise!
    Can't cloth seats be shampooed, just like for home sofas?
  • zimmy21zimmy21 Member Posts: 1
    We just started looking at the XC70. The MSRP on the floor model was $37.5K. Without blinking, the dealer said through the end of the month they were offering about $5k off the MSRP. So, in the end, it should be between $30k-$32k. So, it is either this car or the Sienna.
  • osopolareosopolare Member Posts: 1
    Will the trunk of an XC70 fit a real spare tire? I looked in one at a dealer and it looked to me like the doughnut spare that is had was supported by some foam stuff. That could possibly be removed to fit a real spare.

The thought of going somewhere fun in this car but then getting stuck without a real spare makes me like it a lot less...

I'd have to carry a spare in the trunk or strap it on the roof.
  • wheelwheel Member Posts: 4
    I am in the process of bying a XC70. The dealers here seem to tell me that the models they ordered 'all' have the child booster seats. I do not need them. My question is - do they affect the space/aesthetics/confort of the back seat?
  • tom21769tom21769 Member Posts: 63
    An area dealer is offering a "service loaner" V70
    with 3700 mi on it for $24,995. It is the base 2.4L engine with automatic. Cloth seats, no other options.
    The warranty initiation date was in August 2003, so it loses nearly a year of coverage in addition to the 3700 mi.

Does this sound like a good deal?
    Should we be concerned about buying a car that has been loaned out to people whose vehicles were being serviced?
    Biggest effect, I would say, is on your bank account! Just tell them you don't need it, you don't want it, and you won't pay for it.
  • carbuying101carbuying101 Member Posts: 5
    Anybody else in the midst of buying a new XC70 and want to compare notes. Currently, I am looking at a new 2004 XC70 - White Color - Premium Package - Touring Package - Booster Seats.

Currently the dealer is quoting $32,400 (MSRP is 39,240.00)

Anybody else doing better?
  • boeingairboeingair Member Posts: 6
    WOW! Carbuying101, how do you get so much below MSRP? Edmunds shows no incentives for that model...?

-boeingair
  • boeingairboeingair Member Posts: 6
    Also, any hosts, I would like to do some lease number-cruching...may I have the residuals for a v70 2.5T 36 month 12,000 miles per year, and the money factors as well? Also, what can I expext as for discount?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

-boeingair
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Boeing, check in with my partner Car_Man at the "Lease Questions - Ask Here" discussion in the Smart Shopper Board

kcram
    Host
    Smart Shopper and Wagons Message Boards
  • nixonnixon Member Posts: 11
    My dealer in Austin Texas is offering $5500 off MSRP on either the V70 or the XC70.
    I'm afraid to pull the trigger so late in the model year w/out the incentives in place.
  • bondmombondmom Member Posts: 7
    We're in the process of negotiating on one as well right now. Getting quoted $6500 off MSRB with just a little haggling. A lot of dealerships up here in the NE seem to have a lot of V70s and XC70s in stock to move before the 05s roll out in 2 months. My guess is you can get them down some more but not sure how inventories are in Texas. The XC90s have cannablized the sales of XC70s according to a sales manager I talked to so the discounting is fairly large.
  • huskyfan2huskyfan2 Member Posts: 11
    We live in Charlotte. Just bought a V70 2.5T navy blue metallic with premium & sport package, child booster, and 3rd row seats.

Paid $30,960 (not including 3% tax and $325 dealer fees and tags). In addition we get a $1000 rebate from AAA (regional AAA offer for Carolinas).which includes a $1000.00 rebate from AAA.

Although I have heard conflicting reports, it seems like Volvo is offering about $5000 dealer incentives in the form of a free premium package and additional cash back to the dealer.
    My dealer in Austin Texas is offering $5500 off MSRP on either the V70 or the XC70.
    I'm afraid to pull the trigger so late in the model year w/out the incentives in place.
    I pulled the trigger this weekend on a V70 2.5T with Premium, Sport, and Child Booster Seat Options. We paid $31,000. (33K or so w/tax, title, and license)

I couldn't find any info about dealer incentives other than a $1000 rebate available to Volvo Finance customers.
    I just checked carsdirect.com and got quotes that seem to be out of this world. I checked there last month and got some pretty good quotes, but now it's about another $2k lower. I've heard that carsdirect.com usually can't actually find you the cars for such a low price as they quote you, but it's still a good indicator of what's going on with incentives and so on.

For example, I checked the S60R last month and got a quote for $32900 - today it was under $30k! Same incredible deals on all models except the new S40 and all the XC90. Still, if you've been thinking about buying I don't think it's possible the prices will fall any more than now.

I'm in the process of buying a house so I'll have to sit this one out, but if that wasn't the case I'd be on my way to Volvo dealer right now to put money down on a V70 2.5T or an XC70. I can't decide between them...
    Just purchased a 2004 xc70 - black on black - w/premium package, touring package, alloy wheels and bi-xenons. Paid $33,400 which should be abt $3600 under invoice. Didn't have to push the dealer too hard given the manuf incentives and the number of vehicles on the lot. Probably can do even better if you want to shop around with different dealers in your area. This dealership has provided us with good service in the past so wanted to buy from them. Paid quite a bit less for this xc70 then I did for my 1998 V70 XC almost 7 years ago!
  • chalkpiechalkpie Member Posts: 21
    Visited my local (Long Island) Volvo dealer today. Was quoted a price of $32,278 for a new 2004 XC 70 with the Premium and Touring Packages included. I assume alloy wheels are part of this deal as well. Sticker price of these cars are $39k+!! Seems like a fantastic deal considering I haven't even begun to bargain or deal yet. Guess they really want to move the '04's pretty badly. I would love to get this car for a tad under $30k - that would be amazing. Has anybody gotten this car with these options for less?
    I wouldn't say that getting it under $30k is impossible, just not very probable. You could try, but $32,278 is pretty good for both premium (this package is free right now as part of a national promotion) and touring (so this is what you'd pay extra for).

I think more realistically, based on part memory, part internet research, you could get the premium and touring package equipped XC70 for a tad under $31k, but lower than that doesn't seem possible.
    Hi, we're in Mass (little w of Boston) and are considering a base with auto...nothing else.

Local dealer (in Nashua, NH) mentioned that there is now 2K Manu-to-Dealer cash available on remaining '04s. I checked here at Edmunds and there's no mention of this cash available, but carsdirect.com mentioned 3k available.

Can someone verify that 3K is available now? Also my co participates in the Ford Partner Recognition Program, so I assume that if we find a base we start from the FPRP pricelist, add any option that are on the car and then deduct the 2 or 3K (or whatever the dealer will part with), right??
    Bought an xc70 just 2 weeks ago from same dealer. Not sure how Ford program works, but there definitely are incentives out there although not listed on Edmunds. See my previous posting. I got $6500 off MSRP with little haggling which would lead me to believe there could be more incentives - but part of that is the premium package which it sounds like you don't want. I have heard of others getting as much as $7000-7500 off MSRP. A few weeks ago this dealer was sitting with 40-50 XC70s between their 2 dealerships so I would haggle with them.
    Bondmom,

Thanks for the info. BTW are u in NH??? If u are in Mass was it a PITA to register the car in Mass? I would think not, but since we've never done that, I thought I'd ask.

While I'm physically closer to the dealer in Southboro, MA, I might venture up to NH to get a good deal.

My gut is telling me to wait a little longer and hold out for the 4K back on V70's like Volvo was doing last year. But my brain is saying "You idiot!!! Even though the '93 850 you're driving now has 193K, it's paid for!!" :)

Who should I listen to??

BTW, who was your sale guy/gal at the dealership in NH and did you shop other Volvo dealers?
  • jaa37jaa37 Member Posts: 67
    Anyone out there leasing an XC70? What is a decent monthly payment to be found right now? Thanks!
    Yes Doug - I'm in NH. We did buy another car a month ago in MA and had to get registered in NH - wasn't a pain but my hubby took care of it. :)

The deals seem good now and the problem with waiting may be that you have less choice of color if that's important to you or you may find the options you want won't be there or you'll be forced to take options you don't want which defeats the purpose of the good deal you'll be getting by paying for something you don't want. I can give you some good contacts at both the Nashua deal and the Manchester deal but can't post here or they'll be removed. If you want to let me have your e-mail, I'd be happy to send you the details.
    Bondmom,

I'd like to get the name of your contact there, but I'd rather not broadcast my email address in the text of a reply. I don't see a way where you can click on someone's ID and get their email address. Is there a way??? BTW, I did have a brief conversation with "Jason" at the Nashua location, if that was the name of your contact.
  • bridgeteschbridgetesch Member Posts: 14
    I know someone who is looking to sell a xc 70 with 6600 miles that is about 7 months old. It is silver with grey leather, and has a moonroof, 2 booster seats, and the third row seat.

At first glance, this looked like an awesome deal, but now it looks like people are getting brand new wagons well below the invoice price.

The other thing I have to consider is an 8% tax here in the Chicagoland area. So, it's really like getting it for $28,703.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!