Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the Edmunds forums! We are changing the way you sign into our forums. Click here to learn more.

Toyota RAV4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Anytime!
  • johnnyo319johnnyo319 Posts: 12
    Got a quote for a 2013 AWD Limited, blizzard pearl, black, navi for 30,834 OTD. That includes 6% sales tax.

Is this a good price?
  • whats the sticker?
    Sticker:

MSRP = $30,905 (includes destination/delivery)
  • Good deal. Some quick estimates. If you are getting new plates that's 400 (est)+ doc 299(est)+ tax $1890 (est)....

$2589.00 taxes and fee's (est)
    $30,834 OTD is a good deal, yeah.
  • maddie14maddie14 Posts: 1
    Is it OK to tell us which state and dealership?
  • joescjoesc Posts: 1
    Just pick-up my Rav4 model 4440

RAV4 XLE FWD - W/Mats 24930 OTD

Thanks to all previous post!

Price break down

Price 23500
    Processing fee 599.99
    Title Tax 723
    Business tax 47
    online filing fee 10
    title/license fee 50.75

Total OTD 24930.74 (includes full tank of gas)
    Dealer Charles Barker of BV, VA
    Also they got me 1.29% interest on the loan.
    Great!
  • alpxalpx Posts: 2
    I received the following quote,
    2013 Rav4 XLE AWD
    $24,800 + $500 Doc Fee + Registration + Taxes

Is this a reasonable deal ?
  • 500 doc fee is crazy.
  • tomguavatomguava Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I am in NJ and I am in the market for a RAV4. Can you send your connection to higuava at gmail dot com? Thanks a lot! Sorry, can't figure out how to send a pm.
  • billp9billp9 Posts: 1
    I'm looking for a white 4wd RAV4 Limited in Orange County, Ca. Display Audio with Nav/Entune and JBL (also add blind spot monitor/rear cross traffic if not included in this option).

Dealer suggestions appreciated. I'd like to handle this by email.

Thanks,

Bill
  • campo5setscampo5sets Posts: 1
    Hi there Harry, I am in New Jersey and all ready to purchase a new RAV4 Limited AWD. I'd greatly appreciate it if you would please email me ( campo5sets at aol dot com ) your hook up for 200 over invoice, thank you!!
    Conicelli Toyota in PA.
  • allenmarballenmarb Posts: 1
    Hi Harry,
    I'm in NJ too - would you please send me the contact info for the dealer you're talking about? My gmail is allenastor. Thanks!
  • I'm currently looking at a 2013 rav4 xle AWD. With mats and cross bars. Sale price of 24,388. Plus tax and license so 26,875 out the door. Do you guys think this is a good deal? Seems pretty good to me, but I need a second opinion. Thanks in advance!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 86,539
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• where do you live?
  • Bay Area
  • Below invoice not msrp. I also added blind spot monitor otd was $30179.80. When is your last time buy a new car? I can email you my statement.">
  • I buy new cars every day. Sell them too. 1500 in the tank on a 13 rav4 is insane but nothing is impossible. I've seen crazier things happen lol
  • tpthtpth Posts: 4
    RAV4 Limited with Navi $30,400 OTD with $1000 rebate (new grad and MFR). Is this a good deal?
  • james_atljames_atl Posts: 1
    I did about 20 hours of research and contacted all the Atlanta metro dealers with a clear message I was ready to buy and have cash. Two dealers replied with competitive offers.

I bought a 2013 RAV4 FWD Limited June 29th (no additional options) for $26121.78 including all dealer fees. If you're in Atlanta too that comes to $27,893.05 out the door with 6.5% tax/tag. The vehicle has the elite Toyoguard, but it was included in the dealer fee/price above because I asked for out the door quotes in my email to avoid haggling over fees.

The second best offer included floor mats for about $450 higher so 26k is a good, but not exclusive price if you're willing to put in a few hours. Happy hunting!

James
  • ncdcncdc Posts: 1
    Well done! Wish I had a dealer willing to sell me a "no option" Rav4 Limited FWD here in NC for a similar price. The only option I'm willing to pay for is the Blind Spot Monitoring. No dealer is even CLOSE to 27K OTD... which with 3% NC tax, should be possible. [sigh] :D
  • jeffnajeffna Posts: 2
    I live in Hudson County NJ and stopped by the local dealership.
    I was quoted $31,600 out the door for the limited AWD. I believe and know I can do better
    from reading past post. Any advise fellow Edmund followers?
  • tpthtpth Posts: 4
    I locked in the deal on Monday for the Limited AWD with Navigation, OTD $30,500 with $1,000 rebate from Toyota ($500 RAV4 rebate, which ended on Monday, and $500 new grad rebate). Came out to be $29,500 OTD. Will pick up next week.
    Picked up an AWD Blizzard Pearl with Navi and Blind Spot Monitor/Cross Traffic option for $30,623 OTD. This was a dealer trade and was driven here from another dealer.

Here is the breakdown:

Price of Vehicle: 28,665
    Tax: 1719
    New Tags + Fees: 239
    Total OTD = 30,623

MSRP: 31,405
    Edmunds Invoice: 29,315

Did not qualify for new grad rebate.
  • innjinnj Posts: 3
    To dotheadharry or anybody who got pm from dotheadharry -

In the market for Rav4 Limited. Would love to use your connection. Please email me on my gmail account - arso dot shop.

Thanks.
  • g00mbsg00mbs Posts: 2
    I pretty much have a deal locked in on a Limited with Nav+JBL+etc, Blindspot/cross traffic alert, floor matts, roof rack cross bars.

MSRP - $31,869
    Invoice - $30,153
    Our price - $29,153

They are getting some kickbacks from Toyota that add up to about $900. At least that is what it showed on the invoice. Either way, I think we got a deal.

Price with tax and fees - $32,118
    Tax is almost 9% where I am (NorCal)

Even though I paid a little more OTD than some others, I considered this a good deal.

My real question is with the Xprotect, extended warranty, and extended maintenance plan. Are they worth it? Costs I was quoted:

Xprotect = $895
    Extended Warranty (8/years) = $1950
    Extended Maintenance (5years/75K) = $1760

My first instinct is to say no to it all, but I found this forum and thought I'd ask. Need to decide tomorrow (7/16)

Thanks.
    This is what I have locked-in:

RAV4 Limited + NAV
    Floor carpet matts
    All weather matts
    Remote start
    Wheel locks

Total: $28,716 + tax (7%) + fees - 750 rebate = $30,449

Is this a good ideal?
    edited July 2013
    I believe you can get Extended Warranty anytime (perhaps within X months or so). At least, that's what I did with my Honda Ody - it should be the same for Toyota.

Please double-check with your dealer.