Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Honda Ridgeline SUT

Comments

• gd113gd113 Posts: 114
    I'm in DENILE. Time for Mr Chuckle to give it up. Go to those sights and search. All I get are posting categories. Nothing takes me right a strut issue. They must be buried in the board if they are there. If there are so many others with strut issues why don't they chime in and post right here. Calling those with strut failures, please post. I hear crickets.
  • Don't know about the ridgeline, but my good friend's mdx had his front struts break recently. Same underbody, right? He also lost his transmission in sand.
    He does drive his MDX hard, and he actually takes it off road, but it seems much too soft to handle the abuse. Don't throw too much hate my way...
  • 5553543255535432 Posts: 150
    Guys, I think I need to help Geo's trying too hard cause to discredit the Ridgeline.

Geo is their anyway I can help your mudslingin crusade against the Ridgeline? It just seems so unfair that legit owners here are gangin on you coz we can't find anything wrong with our rides while it seems you have uncovered tons of em.I could break a strut or two just to help your cause and give you a tad bit of credibility. Just say please.

By the way how did you got the screen name geo, did you get that from that GM crap with a loaner Toyota engine the Geo Metro? :confuse: No offense meant, just curious.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Posts: 5,092
    ....it's time to rein in the insinuations, accusations, and generally uncivil remarks. I haven't been in the Ridgeline P&S topic for awhile, but it seems that may be the best place to talk about the possible strut issue that some feel is so rampant. OR, you can create a discussion specifically for that topic in the Honda Ridgeline group. This way only those interested can choose to participate.

Thanks for your cooperation.
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 8,863
    ANYHOO...A simple search on honda struts mentions the
    struts are made by MacPherson (spelling police?) and
    other honda models are having strut problems also.

MacPherson is a suspension design not a strut manufacturer.
    For those who were "confused" and thought that Ridgeline sales were dropping like a stone here are the numbers. As published by PRNewswire today March sales have just been reported:

5,344 vs 3,875 up 38% over last year.
  • ramzey28ramzey28 Posts: 130
    1) How much soft sand has someone gone in without issues, did you air done, did it bog down, etc?
    2) Whom has had issues and with what problem for a build date after Jan 06.?
    3) Has anyone done minor off roading but with some rocks and such (mud) that has had issues with ground clearance.?

Not looking for a serious off road truck but do want some security that it can handle it if I take it on the Beach or down some trails/mountains?

Thanks!
  • If you're not a hard-core off-roader, you'll do fine in the Ridgeline. If you need more ground clearance than it offers, or if you ride the frame rails, look elsewhere.
  • maple2maple2 Posts: 177
    If your basicaly lookin for something to go to home depot to pick up a new bbq or something it should be ok or mabe play in a little puddle after it rains it should handle that too but if your lookin for a truck keep lookin
  • gearhead1gearhead1 Posts: 408
    If your basicaly lookin for something to go to home depot to pick up a new bbq or something it should be ok or mabe play in a little puddle after it rains it should handle that too but if your lookin for a truck keep lookin

Yes, if you need to go pick up a half ton babecue, or you need to tow 5,000 lbs of hamburger patties in a trailor to your barbecue, the Ridgeline will work just fine. If the barbecue is located at ranch where you have to negotiate deep sand BLM trails, the Ridgeline will also perform just fine.

Nice try.
    Take advice from people who can speak and type english. This is sad.
  • maple2maple2 Posts: 177
    Take advice from people who can speak and type english. This is sad.

il have to assume your implying that gearhead is the one butchering the english language "half ton babecue" what the hell is a "babecue"? or "If the barbecue is located at ranch" thats good english. so thanks for the endorsement gd113. so there is your answer ramzey28 keep lookin, straight from a ridgeline owner
  • hey, I'm looking at buying a ridgeline for my first car (I'm 16) And was wondering a few things about it

How reliable is it? Any major problems with it yet?
    How much does the maitenence and repairs cost? Hopefully, less then a BMW?

When will the 07s come out? How can I try to get a dealer to lower the price a bit for a RTS or RTL model?

How does it drive? If someone isn't going to be off roading or towing that much, is this a good truck for them?

Thanks for the help :D
  • Honda said they will put a diesel in the Ridgeline as soon as they can get it to comply with EPA regulation in all 50 states. Lets hope for better MPG.
  • mrjjgittesmrjjgittes Posts: 156
    I did a google search for 2007 Honda Ridgeline and found a site that said in 2007 there will be several more colors, and a new RTX model with a few changes. It seems like it may replace the RT model.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Its funny .............If you folks in DENILE have read
    the WHOLE thread/posts from ROC on the strut issues
    you SHOULD plainly note comments from other 'ridge
    owners to new 'ridge owners that have strut issues.............

I believe you are trying to say "denial."
  • geo9geo9 Posts: 739
    Your late to the party !!!!!!!!!!!!

As in the river of de-nile..............
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Oh...after reading through about 55 posts (the amount I was behind) I read you loud and clear!
    4,652 vs ly 3,365, a 38.3% increase.
  • steevosteevo Posts: 386
    Can someone tell me if the Navigation screen in the Ridgeline is more than just the nav system..For example, does it act as the display for XM Radio, Stereo and diagnostics etcetera or is it useless if not being used for directions.
    Thanks!
  • sooner_chotsooner_chot Posts: 27
    With a newborn joining our family, I am considering a new Pilot, new Ridgeline, or a CPO RX 330. We need something w/ a little more space and can keep for a long long time.

I am a long-time Honda owner. I appreciate the Pilot's interior space and Honda's reliability, but the styling is bland. I like the Ridgeline's styling and space. Would this truck be suitable for a family of 3, maybe 4 in the future? I like the RX 330, but am concerned about the mid-grade/premium fuel it needs.

Given these three choices, I would appreciate any advise/comments.
  • varmintvarmint Posts: 6,326
    My brother in law uses his Ridgeline with his family of four. He can fit both car seats for his kids in the trunk when he needs the rear bench to drive adults around. Though his wife's car is an Odyssey. So, the truck isn't used all the time.

If you like the Pilot, but would prefer different sheetmetal, take a look at the Acura MDX. Same buggy just different styling and sportier suspension.
  • bill55bill55 Posts: 25
    He puts his kids in the trunk?
  • bolivarbolivar Posts: 2,316
    I've seen lots of kids that deserve to be put in the trunk.
  • tcasboytcasboy Posts: 214
    With young children your best bet would be the Odyssey, unless you really need the AWD of the Pilot/Ridgeline. You'll have a ton more room, which you will quickly grow into, and you will get better gas mileage. Some folks just are dead set against the minivan, but you can't beat them for space and mileage compared to a SUV.

Don't think you could go wrong with any of those vehicles.

JMHO.

TB
  • footerfooter Posts: 32
    You sound like me about 6.5 years ago. At the time, we were expecting twins and my '97 Chevy extended cab with third door just wouldn't work out (two car seats and getting infants in/out of them in an extended cab, even w/third door, just wasn't an option).

So the Chevy goes down the road and we get an '00 Odyssey. Tcasboy is right, a minivan is the best option for a young growing family. We loved our Odyssey but I also loved my truck. It was tough going 6 years without a truck but we made it and now have the '06 Ridge. Twins are 6 now and can climb in/out of the Ridge just fine and can even buckle themselves up in their boosters!

Unless you really need the utility of a truck, I'd go with an Odyssey and later down the road, get a Ridgeline or Pilot/MDX. You will defintely grow into the space an Odyssey gives you.

:)
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,788
    I said I was seeing about 1 Ridgeline per day on the road. Well now it's more like 2 per day, sometime more.

Bob
  • once_for_allonce_for_all Posts: 1,640
    yeah, me too. They are quite eye grabbing going down the road. Like a Hummer. Can't miss them.

Still holding out for that diesel Ridge and 24 mpg. Bring it on Honda I am ready to buy.

John
  • footerfooter Posts: 32
    What part of the country? I'm still only seeing about 1/week (not including mine!) on the roads around the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul) MN.
  • gearhead1gearhead1 Posts: 408
    I said I was seeing about 1 Ridgeline per day on the road. Well now it's more like 2 per day, sometime more.

People may not believe this, but I was on a very isolated dirt road and met another Ridgeline going the opposite direction pulling a trailer of ATVs. I knew then the novelty of being a Ridgeline owner had wore off. Two Ridgelines in the middle of nowhere, I couldn't believe it.