Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Silverado - Continued XV

Comments

• jaumenjaumen Member Posts: 54
    Pictures look good Ryan. What kind of bedliner do you own?

Dan...You make waiting for mine even more difficult. My LT is suppose to be buile next week, maybe I will have it by the end of the month.
  • blackmax200blackmax200 Member Posts: 255
    Great job, pics look terrific and so does truck. I like the taillight guards. Are they the Westins? Saw them at Pepboys (pn#30-3035)? the other day, but couldn't bring myself to part with the $129 they had them priced at. Keep hitting the bushes at the end of driveway when I back out...maybe cheaper to cut the bushes...ha LOL.

BTW you will find some great uses for the new digital camera..have fun
    matthew
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    So....where's the pictures of the Tundra? Whose rado is that, your neighbor's. I didn't want to see their truck....was there something special about the bedliner that you wanted us to see? You have quite a few pictures of the liner so I kept looking to see if there was something special about it... ;)

BTW, I just can't wait for Tim's reviews....LOL

Dean
  • redsilveradoredsilverado Member Posts: 1,000
    you've got a great lookin truck. better than any
    2500 i've ever seen. those tail light guards look
    alot better than the ones i've seen out here in
    la la land. only thing i noticed was that
    there's a small scratch on the left rear wheel
    cover. you gotta look real close to see it but
    it's there.

...red
    i think ryan just wanted us to see that there
    really is a bedliner there and does'nt want
    anyone to notice the scratched wheel cover.

...red
    wheel cover too? I thought it was just me. Ryan, how did you scratch the cover?

Dean
    maybe i could give ryan my new cd changer to make
    him feel better about the dinged wheel cover.

Nah, i don't think so. LOL

...red
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    BLACKMAXX - Tail light guards were supposed to be westin but i couldnt get em waited 46 days so i went with the go rhinos.

I have so many pics of the liner cause it shows the tail light guards in those pics too.

I armor alled the liner tonight. It was kinda looking greyish due to hauling cement and stuff. It has a nice black shine now.

Scratch? Are you guys serious? Hmmm never noticed it. I do have one new scratch by the drivers side window.

Thanks for your comments guys.

Ryan

Dean no its not a neighbors silverado. Only other truck on the block besides mine is the dakota you can see in the pic with my dads S-10 in the background.
    Thats not a damn scratch. Its the glare. I took most of those pics at 6pm as the sun was going down so it was very bright out. I have pics of the scratch and dent ill have to scan those

Ryan
    didn't see no dent....LOL

Dean
    Thats been fixed that happened 2 wks after i got the truck remember?
    Howd you guys like the comparison pics of my new truck vs my old S-10? Big (and i mean big) difference huh?

Ryan
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    I seen a small dent in them pics too!....the thing's trashed!

....what were you drinking when you were focusing the camera though?

LOL

Looks good.....(for a little kid)

hehhehhhee

- Tim

..(I heard Ryan is so short.....his feet show up in his drivers License picture)
    It was an $80 digital camera.

Yep the truck is garbage its junked. The guy at the junkyard gave me $100 for it last night. I am ordering a 2500 crewcab now. I figure why not waste $35K.

i was drinking mt dew. 21 days till im 21.

Whats with this short joke? I bet if you stood next to me you would be looking up.

Speaking of license i need to get mine renewed thanks for the reminder.

Ryan
    ..LOL

just razzing ya...

the fact you are young makes us think Little Ryan.....so chill

...and I wouldn't get too confident about standing next to each other son...

LOL

- Tim
    bad for ya...I mean its worst than coke. Oh yeah, I left a post for ya on Tim's site...re: your truck pics...now where is f150rules...

Dean
    know if the Intel 1 Ghz processor is on constraint? Ordered a $3500 unit from Gateway last Monday. No TPW but delivery date has been set for 9/21. Kinda long don't ya think?

Dean
    I replied to that on tims site

Also mt dew bad??? Nah i went to dentist tues no cavities :)

Ryan
    I used to drink 2-3 44oz. Dews a day...and I turned out OK!

LOL

- Tim
    caffeine and sugar content. The only one that surpasses mt dew is JOLT....It's not what it does to your teeth...it's what it does to your nervous system....now if you can counteract it with beer...it would be ok...LOL but ryan isn't supposed to be drinking beer for another 21 days...so careful on that mt dew

Dean
    ...now we are talking.....everybody should drink 10 cups a day...

- Tim
  • idahodanidahodan Member Posts: 12
    Hey Ryan, nice looking truck. Just looove the Indigo Blue & Black flares.

What kind of bedliner is that? I'm looking at doing the Line-X, but the $400 is hard to part with.

--Dan
    Rhino liner

$399 - $25 coupon.

Dan if your going to go with a rhino liner let me know before OCT 31st. I have a coupon for $30 off and a free set of tie downs ($19.95 value). Im not trying to sell you one just trying to help someone out and not let this go to waste.

Did you get the flares on your truck??

Ryan
    uhhh...oh well...LOL

Dean
    Hey i was just asking him if he had em.

Also tomorrows the day i am actually changing my oil myself should be fun. Ill let you all know tomorrow night after work how it goes. PF59 filter $2.73 bought 3 more

Ryan
  • odenmeyerodenmeyer Member Posts: 61
    I believe I did read something in the last week regarding the 1 Ghz processors. I recall the article saying they were released a little prematurely (sounds like the truck I bought). I will look into it further tomorrow and get back to you with the details. Stay tuned!

In the meantime, a great hardware site is www.tomshardware.com if you care to do some homework. Gateway makes a great machine IMO

Mark
    funny how this can be related to trucks. The Intel 1.13 Ghz are being recalled as Intel in their rush to beat AMD released it with some bugs. Sounds like my 'rado. Only problem is I'm waiting for a 1 Ghz not a 1.13 Ghz. What's also funny is when you tell them to cancel the order cause I'm just gonna order a Dell? All of a sudden I get upgraded from 2nd day air to next day air. A little more negotiations and now my next day air delivery charges are waived ($150). I wonder what next week will bring when I tell them I'm going to order a HP or Micron instead...LOL Bottom line, Gateway is/has the best configuration and I'll guess I have no choice but to wait...like buying a truck, can't let them know that....BTW, thanks for the link.

Dean
  • vince4vince4 Member Posts: 1,268
    I just had a dealer tell me that my 00 Silverado will not run with the radio removed. He said the speed sensor signal won't get to the transmission and I wouldn't be able to go above 10 mph. What kind of whacko design is that???
  • vince4vince4 Member Posts: 1,268
    Yes, the TSB is for that problem. The problem is that the butterfly valve in the throttle body sticks. The fix is to replace the throttle body assembly.
    trans...so the radio broadcasts the signal to the trans? I think what the dealer was trying to explain was the theft deterrent. If the lock code is enabled on the radio, removal would trigger the passlock. The BCM would notify the VCM/PCM to disable the fuel injectors and stall the truck. I'm trying to do this from memory so I may have the abbreviations mixed up but I hope you got the general idea.

Dean
  • dustyonedustyone Member Posts: 262
    If I upgrade my radio to a high speed model, will I get better shifting patterns and more truck speed? LO
    You would be proud of me i bought mobil oil.

Ill post pics of me covered in oil tonight haha

Ryan
  • mledtjemledtje Member Posts: 1,123
    Anybody know the current coupon #? The ones I have all expired, and I can't go in the house and get a newer magazine 'cause the house is being fumigated for termites.

TIA,

Mike L
    back when i was looking for a computer for home..and later 3 for work...I ended up buying from here:

http://www.quantex.com/homepage/www.asp

They use all the hottest parts (as of that day) and usually had the best bang for the buck in teh entire computer shopper magazine.

While my home computer has been self upgraded so many times since....the work ones haven't had a flaw yet.

Good luck

- Tim
    home computer has been flawless too....I just am an upgrade hound!

- Tim
  • idahodanidahodan Member Posts: 12
    Yes Ryan, I got the Indigo Blue with the flares. I decided on these colors in early Spring, though the wife wanted the Pewter. Definate chick magnet, thought I'm mid-30s and married, it's nice to get the attention.

How do you like the Rhino liner? Pros, Cons?

As for computers, don't you guys know Micron gives you the best goods for the buck? The best Tech Support? And they're made right here in Idaho!
    Chick magnet oh yea. I get lots of stares from everyone.

So you have an indigo blue with the black flares??? Or indigo blue/pewter with pewter flares?

Bedliner

Pros - 1. Truck sits outside and we have all kinda of weather hot cold snow rain so rust protection was major factor.
    2. Things dont slide around. 3. Dogg likes sitting and laying back there after i wash it.

Cons - 1. Cleaning i hauled a bunch of wood, cement and fence panels and this weekend a bunch of plywood, tools, and a boat motor. Its got pretty dirty. The cement gave it a grey tint just water wouldnt take it off. SO i used some armor all looks like new again. 2. Gets very hot after it sits in the sun dont go barefoot if you go back there trust me on this one.

Some people say that a spray in will dent and yes it will if you throw stuff hard in there which i dont plan on doing. Also if it dents the liner still adheres to the body of the truck so it still wont rust.

I dont think that the rhino is better than the linex and i dont think the linex is better than the rhino. The linex is definitly tougher (rougher) than the rhino i would say the rhino is a bit softer. I went with the rhino primarily cause they took my $25 off coupon and worked directly with the dealership.

I still have the coupon just let me know if you want it

Ryan
  • dallas75dallas75 Member Posts: 72
    Man, a lot of posts to catch up on! Glad to see you all are still posting away! Good looking truck Ryan.
  • jclark927jclark927 Member Posts: 2
    hi folks.

We're at the start of the haggling stage to buy a new 2000 Silverado LT in SF bay area, CA. From the research, we know the MSRP is roughly $4k over invoice. The dealer's opening offer is $4500 off sticker ($3500 from dealer, $1000 from Chevy rebate, so the dealer is still operating $500 over invoice, even though the total package is $500 below).

Just curious what you would do. Should we say, "Yahoo!, we're under invoice!" and grab it before the big weekend sale (or so they tell us). Or, should we say, "No one ever takes the first offer from a car dealer".

At this time of year, does anyone ever get below the invoice excluding rebates?

Thanks for the time/J&K
  • ricschricsch Member Posts: 540
    I even get attention with a carmine colored Silverado. Probably since not as many in the area as the indigo blue-my next choice, but my brother & bro.-in-law have '00's in indigo. Gotta be different. Saw pics of your truck, looks good, ever thought of some window tint on the door windows?
    Get more prices from other dealerships of the same truck with same options if you can. Dont worry about color. If they see another place will go lower maybe they will lower their prices.

Thanks Dallas welcome back

Ryan
    Hold your horses. Everyone thinks i am anit-carmine. Im not i made one observation (majority of old people drive this color)and i am hit with a hammer ever since.

Window tint? Hmm no never thought of it i think its fine how it is. Did you get the window tint? How much did it run you? Right now i am thinking more about switching out my tires possibly to be honest.

Also i have yet to see a truck like mine with all the accessories. Mine is still pretty unique not the everyday run of the mill indigo blue silverado

My first choice color was pewter but about 3 months prior to ordering i seen 5 pewter Z71's at the movies all parked by each other EWWW. Next i wanted grey. That quickly switched to blue then back to silver and i went back with blue. The color was the hard part. I really like that new green. But my next truck as of now if i had to pick would be a 2 tone. Black over Charchol grey. I really like that combo.

Ryan
  • bcobco Member Posts: 756
    agree with ryan...get more offer(s). also, go to www.carwizard.com and "build" that truck based off of the options listed. compare the invoice there to what the dealer is telling you. understand too that the dealer gets a "holdback" from gm (equal to 3% of msrp - actually gets a check from gm 3 months after delivery). so...on a 30k truck, that's $900. this time of year, i would let the dealer know that you expect him to go at/about $500 UNDER invoice - tell him he's still making $450 on it. also...if they're done talking money, start talking options that aren't on it that you want. spray-in bedliner, nerf bars, tinted windows, free oil/filter changes for the first year...etc...

bco
  • xringxring Member Posts: 129
    I know this is off subject, but to idahodan -
    AMEN on the micron. Have bought 3 of them for myself, son, and daughter. Micron has replaced 2 monitors, 1 zip drive and 1 cooling fan with absoutly no problems or hassle. Even pays freight both ways. Can't beat that. Tech service has been tops also. I guess those Idaho boys (and gals?) just know how to build computers!

John
  • xringxring Member Posts: 129
    My 6.0L rado has 2k miles on it now. Is it too soon to change oil and convert over to Mobil 1 or should I wait awhile? Anyone had any experience using the synthetic Mobil 1 chasis grease?

John
  • ricschricsch Member Posts: 540
    I had the driver's and pass. door windows done with 35% smoke, just a little lighter in color from the factory deep tint-cost $95 installed. Re: the color thing, just thought I'd throw it in to see what kind of reaction would come about. What's with the new color, is it orange or what? The green for '01 looks better than the previous years.

Have a great weekend!
    Qunatex was one of the first sites that I checked. Both Quantex and Micron don't offer the 1 Ghz CPU online. When I called both of them, they said that the 1Ghz was on constraint (back order) same as Gateway and Dell. I do agree that Quantex offers more bang for the buck, just wish they would offer a little more options on the video card, hard drive, etc. as I'd hate to have to upgrade as soon as I get them. I think I could live with almost any computer...just don't ask me to give up my Roadrunner cable connection.... Now if I could only find a mnufacturer that made one in carmine or indigo blue...LOL

Dean
    go with the carmine itll never go out of style at least it stays with you as you get older you cant out grow it haha
  • wight1wight1 Member Posts: 218
    I'm almost at 9,000 miles on my 2500 6.0l and I will now be switching to Mobil 1. I wanted to wait a few thousand miles to ensure good engine break-in. I've seen several articles that say wait until you get good oil control on the engine, i.e. wait until it quits using oil during the break-in period. Mine burned about 1 quart during the first 5,000 miles and has now quit using any at all, so I'll be making the switch to synthetic when the oil change light comes on next. If I were you, I'd play it safe and wait a little while longer. Just my opinion. Haven't ever used the Mobil 1 synthetic grease, but thought I would try that soon.
    synthetic grease? I used it since having the zerks installed. Don't know what difference it makes tho.....last longer, less wear, I mean how can you tell?

Break in period also confuses me....corvettes come with synthetic in the LS1, does that mean the manufacturer approves of synthetics during breakin period?
This discussion has been closed.