Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Welcome hamin. The most important number to negotiate on a leased vehicle is its selling price aka capitalized cost. Shop around and negotiate the lowest possible selling price on the car that you are interested in. Once you have found a good deal, have the dealer that you are working with calculate your car's lease payment using its buy rate money factor. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor dor the 2006 TSX is .00260 for 36 to 39 month leases for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier and pay a security deposit. It is important to insist that this factor is used to calculate your payment because dealers are allowed to mark it up to add additional hidden back-end profit to deals.

Consumers are free to lease any vehicle that they want without making any sort of down payment. By down payment I mean a capitalized cost reduction, which reduced the amount that you are financing. Even on a lease with no down payment, you will still have to pay your car's first month's payment, a security deposit that is equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, Honda Finance's $595 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees at lease signing. You can usually roll the acquisition fee and taxes into your car's capitalized cost so that you don't have to pay for them up front if you want. Honda Finance will waive its security deposit requirement in exchange for an increase of .00010 in your car's money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    Hi hamin. I would be happy to give you my opinion on the deal that you were quoted. However, in order for me to do so I really need you to provide me with this car's MSRP (with the destination charge added in). This number will show me how much of a discount you are being given and it will enable me to estimate what your lease payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
  • acadaacada Member Posts: 5
    Just signed a 36 month lease on a TSX w/o Navi from a Long Island dealership on March 25th. Got it for $26,500 with a passive alarm. Payments come to $360/mo with the taxes, Acq. fee, refundable Sec. dep., DMV fees and 1st month paid up front. Is this a good deal?
  • amgrouchy1amgrouchy1 Member Posts: 17
    What would be the April money factor and residual for a 2006 TSX w/ Navigation and automatic? Carbon Grey w/Grey leather. MSRP 29890. Drive off only. 3 year lease w/ 10,000 miles per month. Assume highest credit tier possible - fico greater than 800.

Further, anyone have any good stories on prices paid for this configuration around LA?
  • teaem11teaem11 Member Posts: 2
    Local NJ dealer agreed to match NYC newspaper advertised lease deal. Is this a good deal?
    2006 Acura TSX auto no navigation
    MSRP $28505
    7K miles/year, $229/month, 27 months, $1995 down, plus tax, reg, license fees, aqusition fee, first month, and security dep.
    Assuming 7K miles/year is enough is this a good deal??
    Thank you!
  • en1066en1066 Member Posts: 1
    I've got a selling price of $27,052 on a Acura TSX - no navigation, no accessories. Given the current financing rate (2.9%) and my savings account (4.0%) it would seem to make sense to purchase the car and keep it for ~6 years. Leasing is attractive but I'd like to know the money factor and other details that might come into play. This would be my first lease ever and so, despite extensive research, I remain a bit fuzzy on details. If I put $2,000 down on the car my monthly lease payment would be $381 for 12K/year. Thanks for your help.
  • sofakingcoolsofakingcool Member Posts: 15
    amgrouchy1,

In response to your question regarding pricing in Los Angeles, I recently was quoted a cap. cost of 27371.92 from Santa Monica Acura for an automatic TSX with Navi. My payments would have been in the low 400s with tax for a 3yr./45000 mile lease; 1,000 due at signing.

Santa Monica Acura sent me an email this month that said their base price for an automatic TSX with Navi would be 27371.92 (same figure) in an effort to meet TSX sales goals for April. Keyes Acura in Van Nuys said they would beat Santa Monica's price if they could get me in the showroom.

Dealers in the LA area, from my experience, are willing to deal on this vehicle right now. BTW, really liked the car during my testdrive. The 4 cyl engine had enough kick for me. Navigation system is unbelievable - touch screen, voice commands that actually work, points of interest! Standard features make this car a true bargain. I only question the exterior styling. Just my 2 cents.
  • tezanetezane Member Posts: 4
    First, thanks to everyone on this forum for educating me on leases -although it has caused a bit of frustration when i know more than the salesperson and have had to walk out of the dealer. No one will provide the calculations and one dealer wasn't giving me credit for the trade.

Anyhow, am considering the following, please let me know if this is a good deal, i can't get the figures to work out so think i am missing something - am in Philadelphia, PA.

2006 TSX 6MT w/Navi
    3 yrs/12k per year
    Trade In $1,800, no money down
    MSRP $30,505 inclds destination
    $595 acquisition fee, tags $157.65
    no security deposit, therefore MF .0027
    $402/month inclds tax

Thanks for your help
    I'm sorry to hear that you are so grouchy, amgrouchy1. At least you have company if you had to put a "1" in your name :) . If you were to lease a 2006 Acura TSX with navigation through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00260 and 62%, respectively.

For feedback on how much other community members have paid for this car recently, you should stop by the following discussion: "Acura TSX: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Hi teaem11. I would be happy to give you my opinion of the advertised lease that you saw, but you never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. You may be able to find this number in the fine print of the ad that you saw. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment.

As far as the mileage allowance goes, the smallest mileage allowance that I have seen Honda Finance lease vehicles with is 10,000. I don't think that you can lease a TSX through Honda Finance with only 7,000 miles per year.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi en1066. If you can afford the high monthly payment that financing a TSX at 2.9% would result in, it's high because the 2.9% rate is only available for up to 36 months, it definitely is a good deal. This is especially true with interest rates creeping up. This special finance rate is definitely a lot more attractive than Honda Finance's current lease money factor for this car. Its current buy rate lease money factor for 36 month leases of an '06 TSX is .00260, which is equivalent to an interest rate of around 6.25%.

Car_man
    Host
  • ashehasheh Member Posts: 32
    What dealer is that from?

What I have so far.

$27,207 TSX with NAV (Auto)
    61% and .0027

399/month 36 months 12k an year.
    Selling price is $28,100 includes pro-package. New monthly payment is $402.

Dealer is Montgomeryville Acura in PA. They have been great so far but no one, including me, can figure out their figures, which is why i posted.

Due to the limited availability of a manual w/Navi in the area, i compromised color choice rather than wait - am set to pick up car tonight.
  • rocket86rocket86 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I'm going TSX shopping this weekend & I want to get the best price possible. Preferably under $380/mo.

I might be forced to lease a CPO TSX, if they allow it.

Do you know the residuals, for a 2005 TSX & the 2006?..I think one of the prices I saw was for around $25400..but I can argue & get them down another $1500.

Plus, I have an 05 Corolla S currently. My buyout is so ridiculously high, so theyre going to tack on the buyout price after the trade in negates off it. Which I believe is another $3000.

Is there anyway possible to get mid 300's monthly payment with 36/mo, 12k/year? On a new/used TSX?

My current payment is $388, financed for 6 years. (mom is the primary owner & her credit was horrible when we bought hte car..so the APR is like 17%) Now her fico score is around the mid 600s as opposed to mid 500s when we bought my car.

Thanks.
    Yeah it looks weird... same as mine... only thing I can think of is that they want to move cars. So they take a hit on the cost of the car but make it up on the back end. I am going to give your dealership a ring tomorrow to see if I can do a better deal than what I am getting.

What is your tax rate in PA and are you putting anything down?

Its only about an hour drive from me.

Thanks
    Well they got back to me.. they offered me a none NAV for more than what I am getting with the NAV. It was worth a try.
    Asheh,

Tax rate in PA for leases is 9%, i traded in my 95 Acura Integra which put $1,800 down - $0 out of pocket for me - we basically traded keys & cars last night.
    I can only think that since this was a MANUAL car they would rather get it off the lot since the majority of buyers want the Automatic which they have lots of - no other dealer in the area or as far as Princeton could match the price.
    I did get a few dealers down to invoice - but I understand that the rules in NJ for leases are different and I found that when i went to the NJ dealers. In NJ, their lease price without Navi was the same as this PA dealer with Navi.
    I picked up car last night, everything was ready, went in signed a few papers and the salesperson walked me through the car - if everything could be as easy as this was!
    :) Enjoy!!! I am going to pick up mine next weekend. I can't wait!
    I am not sure if I should wait a few days (into May) and see what the new money factor is for the TSX. I am not in a hurry to get the car so I can wait but, I am not sure if they will honor the price I was quoted or if the Money factor would go up. Does Acura allow you to lock in a rate?

I like the car but I want to make sure I get the best deal. Carman what do you think?

TSX with Nav
    MSRP:$30,505
    Selling Price: 27,204
    Residual: 61%
    Money Factor: .0027
    NJ Tax: 6%
    $1500 down

$399 a month 36/12k

Is it realistic to think that the money factor can drop to say 0.0020? That would drop the payment about $30 a month.

Thanks
  • baronsonbaronson Member Posts: 2
    I would like to know how this lease price sounds on a TSX no nav:
    Selling price: 26,560.
    Residual: 61%
    MF: .00260 (Honda)
    Up front: 1,260.00
    399.00 per month
    I did purchase in New Jersey, but live in New York.(sales tax=8.365)
    The TXS is Manual Trans.

Thanks
  • ethnicsethnics Member Posts: 2
    Car Man--
    I just leased an 06 tsx auto w/o Navi. Wheel Locks, mud flaps, door trim, and trunk guard.

Terms:
    Price $27,200
    48 months 12K miles a year
    2400 Down $348 /month
    $13,800 Residual

Is this a good deal or did I get ripped?
  • ethnicsethnics Member Posts: 2
    Car Man--
    I just leased an 06 tsx auto No Navi. Wheel Locks, mud flaps, door trim, and trunk guard.

Terms:
    Price $27,200
    48 months 12K miles a year
    2400 Down $348 /month
    $13,800 Residual
    Hi asheh. As I would expect, Acura did not lower its money factor for the TSX for the month of May. In fact, its standard money factor, which you would have to use if you were to lease one through Honda Finance right now, actually got slightly worse. Honda Finance's 36 month "Super Preferred" tier buy rate lease money factor for the '06 TSX is now .00265 with a security deposit and .00275 without one.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi baronson. The money factor that you were quoted looks good to me. The dealer invoice price for a 2006 Acura TSX without navigation but with an automatic transmission is currently $26,051. So the selling price that you were quoted is about $500 over invoice. These are the only negotiable aspects of your deal, so it looks good to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ethnics. Let me begin by saying that I usually advise consumers not to make such large down payments when leasing. The main reason why I advise against doing so is if your leased vehicle is stolen or totaled in an accident your down payment essentially disappears. Don't worry about it though. What's don is done and making a down payment isn't the worst thing in the world.

The dealer invoice price for a 2006 Acura TSX without navigation but with an automatic transmission is currently $26,051. The selling price that you were quoted is around $1,150 over invoice. This is not too bad, but I definitely have seen other community members get this car for less.

Car_man
    Host
  • baronsonbaronson Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car man,
    Thank you for your reply. The only thing that is different is that I have a manual trans. I know there is no change in the msrp, but the man. trans. is much harder to find in the NY/NY area and the prices are harder to negotiate! What do you think?
  • sanman1sanman1 Member Posts: 121
    I would like to know if the quotes that I received are decent for my situation. Situation is this. I have an 05 Accord LX that I have a 36 month lease on. I'm only in month 15. They are willing to take the car in as a trade from me. They came back with this: I'll give you the 48 month deal: 48/15k miles, $1100 down=$475 plus Tax with my trade or $2100 down= $454 with my trade. They say I will have 2k in negative equity on my Accord hence a higher payment. I realize that I will probably pay for the early turn in even as a trade in instead of an early lease turn in but how much are they over charging me or taking advantage of me because of the early trade in? How can I get the advantage in this situation besided talking them down on invoice price? Thanks for your input.
    P.S. Yes, I know turning a car in before the lease is up is not recommended. I have a few extra bucks now that I didn't when I got the Accord, I always wanted the TSX.

Fred
    Orlando, FL
    Please keep in mind that I am trading in a current leased car with them saying that there is 2k in negative equity on it. They will take it in as a trade.
    Residual Value In April 50% In May 49%
    Money Factor In April .00280 In May .00295
    Selling Price In April $27,100 and May $27,100
    Payment 48 x15 In April $475 +Tax In May $482 + Tax
    Both payments with $1100 out of pocket on TSX-Non Na

Carman. Please let me know what you think about this offer.
    Thanks much.
    You're welcome, baronson. The fact that TSX models that are equipped with manual transmissions are hard to find will not help your bargaining power any.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Fred. It is usually very expensive to get out of leased vehicles well before their scheduled end dates. You would be much better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your Accord lease to get a new Acura. If you are absolutely set on getting out of your lease now, I would be happy to give you my opinion on this deal. In order for me to do so I need you to provide me with the MSRP and selling price of the TSX that you are considering. Without knowing these two numbers, it is difficult to see how much of a discount you are being given and for me to estimate what your lease payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man This is Fred with the 05 Accord getting out of the lease early. Here is the information that they provided me with.
    Please keep in mind that I am trading in a current leased car with them saying that there is 2k in negative equity on it.
    They will take it in as a trade.
    Residual Value In April 50% In May 49%
    Money Factor In April .00280 In May .00295
    Selling Price In April $27,100 and May $27,100
    Payment 48 x15 In April $475 +Tax In May $482 + Tax
    Both payments with $1100 out of pocket on TSX-Non Na

Car_man. Please let me know what you think about this offer.
    Thanks much.
  • jwright503jwright503 Member Posts: 4
    Mr carman, i have been reading your advice and was hoping that you could maybe help me a little bit. I have an 01 tahoe and am about 8000 upside down in it. not to mention that i am spending 300+ in gas every month. anyways, thinking about either a tsx or tl. like the tl because its bigger, more horsepower, looks. but i also like that the tsx gets better gas mileage and has the fold down seats in rear. I live in portland or, with no sales tax, was hoping you could give me an idea on what i should expect to see as far as lease wise. I want an automatic with navi in both cars. Hope this isnt too difficult. thank you

Jeff
  • onlookeronlooker Member Posts: 2
    Car_man:

I am looking to lease an 06 TSX 5AT w/ Nav.

I was wondering if you know the money factor and residual Honda Finance is using for June.

Thank you
  • ksimm1ksimm1 Member Posts: 3
    Car_man:

I test drove a 06 TSX 5AT w/ Nav in Cincinnati, Ohio on June 3rd.

I had the dealer run hypothetical lease numbers for me without negotiating the cap cost down at all. Here are the numbers he gave me:

12k/year 36mos.
    MSRP 30,505
    31,234.90 Adjusted Cap Cost (29,505 purchase price)
    60% residual
    .003250 money factor on Honda Super Preferred Tier
    $520/month payments

Why am I being shown such a high money factor compared to other people's posts? I should note that I told the dealer I was interested in any college graduate incentives. Could they have increased the MF because of that?
  • onlookeronlooker Member Posts: 2
    Since I posted that question last week, I have spoken with several dealers around NYC metro area. They are telling me that Acura has not changed its lease programs in June for either the TSX or TL so the the same money factor that they were using last month still applies. Around here that was .00265 for super preferred lending tier
    Hi Fred. The money factor that you were quoted to lease the TSX that you are interested in is too high if your credit is in good shape and you pay a security deposit. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for a 48 month lease of an '06 TSX is only .00255, assuming that you pay a security deposit and qualify for Honda Finance's "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Jeff. I am sorry to say that you would be much better off waiting until you are less upside down on your Tahoe to get a new vehicle. It will take you a while to save $8,000 in gas by driving a TL or a TSX. Furthermore, there's no way that you can roll anywhere near that much negative equity into your new lease. You will have to pay an additional several thousand dollars at lease signing out of your own pocket just to get out of your truck. I would be happy to give you an idea of what your lease payment would be like on the TL or TSX that you are interested in, but in order for me to do so I need some additional information from you first, including their MSRPs, approximate selling prices, how long you want to lease them for and how many miles per year that you need to be able to drive them. The bottom line is that this is going to be a very expensive transaction. Not only are you way too upside down on your current vehicle, but Acura's current lease program on these cars is pretty bad.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi onlooker. This car's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive. Assuming that you are interested in a typical 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year, this car's buy rate lease money factor and residual value would be .00265 and 58%, respectively for a lease through Honda Finance's "Super Preferred" credit tier with a security deposit.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ksimm1. The money factor that you were quoted for this car is way too high. Honda Finance's current 36 month buy rate lease money factor for consumers who pay a security deposit and qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier is only .00265. It appears as though the dealer that you are working with is attempting to mark this car's money factor up to make additional back-end profit on your deal. This sort of thing is completely legal and happens all the time with luxury brands, but can usually be avoided by consumers who confront dealers with their vehicle's buy rate.

Car_man
    Host
  • anonymouspostsanonymousposts Member Posts: 3,802
    2006 Acura TSX 6-speed manual with Navigation.

Added Accessories ..

Front Spoiler
    Rear Spoiler
    Splash Guards
    Cargo Net
    Trunk Tray

MSRP of car = $30,505
    Accessories Total = $1200

Quoted payment is $500 per month including 6% tax and $600 due at signing.

Is this a good deal? FWIW, we wanted silver, gray, or white with black interior. According to one dealer there are only 2 in the state in a color we wanted with the stick and NAV. This one still had the plastic on it with 10 miles.
    Hey anonymousposts. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    According to the contract the sales price was $29800 including accessories. The residual is $17,887. We put $600 down out of pocket but the contract showed the downpayment as $1,000.00.
    I see. I didn't realize that by reading your post. One of my main problems with the TSX is the lack of support that is available on it. It's a great car, but for me the lack of lease support would prevent me from getting one. The dealer invoice price of an '06 TSX with navigation is $27,872. When you add the $1,200 in accessories to that (probably at a dealer cost of $1,000 or a little less) we arrive at a cost of around $28,872. So you got this car for around $1,000 over invoice. That's about what I would expect for one to have to pay for a TSX, but you can always stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Acura TSX: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Assuming that the accessories that you added can be residualized, I estimate that this car's 36 month, 15,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $450. This is quote a bit lower than $500 a month, even when tax is added in. I wonder if you had your car's security deposit waived and its acquisition fee added into its capitalized cost. If so, this would also help explain part of the difference.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • mrswheatmrswheat Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone...

Could you tell me if this is a good deal on a lease?
    2006 Acura TSX CL9685 4D Sedan Sportshift
    36 mo lease
    10K mi/yr
    Selling Price 27,338.58
    Down Payment 2,212.87
    $395/monthly payments

Thanks
    We paid no security deposit. The $600 down paid our first month's payment so we only have 35 payments remaining. Not sure about the acquisition fee. Since all we put down was essentially the first month's payment I am assuming the acquisition fee was rolled in.
  • mikefrombklynmikefrombklyn Member Posts: 2
    I can use some help please. First if anyone could point me to a good dealership in the NYC area I would appreciate it. I've been to two dealerships. One in Woodside,NY and the other in Springfield,NJ. NY wanted to charge me sticker price and NJ wanted $189 for a bank fee and over $300 for license plates.

Car_man I know how to calculate a lease. I need the 'real' residual value for this car and the 'real' money factor. My credit is good. I've been given two different answers so far. Also are there two different finance company's that Acura goes through?

Thanks in advance.
  • sthavornsthavorn Member Posts: 31
    Hi mikefrombklyn, Can you share your lease calcuation? According to Car_man, 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year the money factor and residual value would be .00265 and 58%, respectively for a lease through Honda Finance's "Super Preferred" credit tier with a security deposit. Thanks
  • mikefrombklynmikefrombklyn Member Posts: 2
    I was told that there is no security deposit. I only need 12,000 miles a year. I was also told that residual is 57% and .00275 for the money factor. This is from the sales manager. I'll take the car for 39 or 36 months it doesn't matter. I've been quoted montly payment from $572 with a $1,000 down. The guy wouldn't explain how he came to this number. He just said that he puts the figures in the computer and it gives him the price. I got my calculations from leaseguide.com
    thanks
  • tbenson81tbenson81 Member Posts: 25
    Can someone tell me what the current Residual and MF is for a 2006 TSX with Navi on a 4 year / 15k per year lease through Honda Finance? Thank You!
  • phillyrunnerphillyrunner Member Posts: 1
    I'm negotiating a possible new lease on a TSX here in Philly, and I have a question about the money factor. Right now, it seems that Acura is offering 2.9% financing for new buyers. Is this financing available only for purchases, or is it available for leasing as well? 2.9% financing would work out to a money factor of something like .00121, but I'm seeing money factors on this board of .00265 and up.

Thanks in advance for any insight.