Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• ltjbukemltjbukem Member Posts: 31
    i also heard from my dealer that adding audi care for $590 adds one percent to your residual.

also, on edmunds, special edition adds about 925 to the msrp price, but someone said it includes heated seats, leather interior, which is a value of 1300. if it also included premium paint, that's another 450...

the thing is most dealers claim to not know what this is, so if you want these, they charge you for it separately.
  • chchoichchoi Member Posts: 40
    I just lease a A4 2.0T auto
    Premium Package
    Convenience Package
    iPod Glove Box Interface
    Bluetooth Phone Preparation
    MSRP 26775
    Sold at $34,254.00
    Money factor .00040
    Down: 1500
    Monthly payment: $387.17 + Tax
    Is this a good deal?
  • slickslacksslickslacks Member Posts: 1
    I got a lease quote of $611.25 regarding an 08 A4 Avant 3.2MTQ with the following options:

Premium Paint
    Covenience Package
    S-Line
    Titanium Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Ipod Adapter

Terms:
    36 months
    $2k cap reduction
    15k miles per year

Is this a good deal? What are ohers paying with similar options?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello hopefall. Here's the information that you're looking for. You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so for now I am going to assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00025 and 54%, respectively. I believe that the numbers are the same for the special edition.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi jpierce1. Congratulations on the new member of your family. As a coupe lover, and former driver ;), I know all about making vehicle changes for little ones. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Audi S4 Avant with 12,000 miles per year are .00211 and 55%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 2008 Audi A6 4.2 Sedan are .00027 and 48%. As you can see, the money factors that you were quoted by your local dealer are definitely too high. You need to either negotiate with them some more or shop around with another dealer or two.

As far as cash incentives go, Audi is currently providing $1,500 owner loyalty cash to current Audi Financial Services' lessees who lease a new A6. I'm not aware of any loyalty cash on the S4 though.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hbobrow. You never mentioned the selling price of the A4 that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. There is probably a $2,300 or so gap between this car's full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. If I was in the market for one right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over invoice, which would probably be equivalent to an $1,800 or so discount. You definitely should stop by the "Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately.

Another important factor to focus on when negotiating a lease is the money factor that is being used to calculate your car's monthly payment. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro is .00025. Make sure that the dealer uses this factor to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • faschulzfaschulz Member Posts: 52
    I'm new in this forum, but I have found a very useful information, I have a 2004 A4 and my lease ends next month and have to take a decision on what to do, I have 11,000 miles more than the allowed I was thinking in buy the car for $13,600 , what would be your advise? also I wanted to wait until the 2009 comes.
    how the factor numbers work?
    I live in florida (miami) and if I have any loyalty discount.
    thanks for your help
    Hi soylentgreen. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00025 and 54%, respectively. The money factor for an otherwise identical lease with 12,000 mile per year would be the same, but the residual value would be 56%. This money factor is indeed equivalent to an interest rate of around 0.6%.

You never mentioned what the full MSRP is for the A4 that you are interested in, so it is difficult for me to tell how much of a discount you are getting on it. This car probably has a spread of around $2,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. If I was in the market for one in an area that has a decent level of competition right now, I personally would aim for a $2,000 discount and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, windigo00.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, evan7578. You never mentioned how long you want to lease these cars for or what mileage allowance you need, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Audi Financial Services' latest buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00025 and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 A4 3.2 Sedan with quattro are .00048 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings chchoi. $500 below dealer invoice is a very attractive selling price for a lease of a 2008 Audi A4. The money factor that you were quoted is slightly high though. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for a 36 month lease of an '08 A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro is only .00025. It appears as though the dealer that you are working with may be marking your car's factor up slightly. Perhaps this is how they are able to give you such an amazing selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    HI souwester. The money factor that you were quoted is much higher than Audi Financial Services' best money factor for this car, but if you are new to the United States perhaps you do not have enough of an established credit history to qualify for AFS' best rates.

As far as what fees to expect to pay at lease signing on an AFS lease goes, typically you would have to pay your vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit that's equivalent to the monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, a $575 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi thrilldhill. I don't personally keep tabs on the lease programs for used vehicles, mainly because they are not nearly as popular as new vehicle leases. If you decide to lease the 2006 A4 that you are interested in, make sure to compare the payment that you are quoted for it to the payment for a similar equivalent brand new model. The lack of lease support that usually accompanies used vehicle leases often causes there to be less of a difference than one would think between the payment or one and for a new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi chchoi. The money factor that you mentioned is right on line with Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for a lease of this car with a waived security deposit. That is a good thing because it means that the dealer that you got your car from did not mark your car's factor up to add additional, hidden profit to your deal. Something is not right about the prices that you mentioned though. In your post you stated that this car's MSRP is $26,775 and its selling price is $34,254. Did you mean that the MSRP is $6,775? If so, you are getting a very good deal on this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi slickslacks. You never mentioned what the MSRP and selling price are for the vehicle that you are interested in leasing. These are very important numbers. Without them, it is difficult to tell how much of a discount the dealer is giving you on the A4 that you want. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. The A4 Avant that you described probably has a spread of just under $3,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. If I was in the market for one in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would shoot for a $2,000 to $2,500 discount and then have the dealer use Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor to calculate my monthly payment. AFS' current buy rate for an '08 A4 3.2 Avant is .00048.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome faschulz. I;m glad that you have found the information here useful. In order to determine whether you should purchase your vehicle at the end of your lease, you need to compare its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. Even though it states your car's purchase option price on your lease contract, you should place a call to the bank that you are leasing it through just to make sure that you have the correct figure. When you do so, it never hurts to try to haggle with them. Some banks will negotiate the lease-end purchase prices of vehicles. If your initial contact at your bank is not willing to lower your vehicle's purchase price, you may have better luck if you work your way up the ladder to a manager. There is a good chance that they will not lower your vehicle's price, more often than not they will not, but you don't have anything to lose by asking.

As I said earlier, once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values".

If the difference between your car's real world value and its purchase price is less than the excess mileage penalty that you would have to pay if you were to return it, and your car has not been in any accidents or given you any mechanical problems then you may want to consider buying it at lease-end.

Car_man
    Host
  • dppd1511dppd1511 Member Posts: 4
    Today, my wife and I paid a visit to a nearby Audi dealership. We test drove a 2008 A4 2.0T S-Line. The sticker on the vehicle was 37800. What should I expect to pay in a lease for this vehicle? The lady quoted me $875/month, and I have excellent credit! I thought this lady was out of her mind! I can lease a BMW for that much! Can someone help me??!!
  • dppd1511dppd1511 Member Posts: 4
    By the way, it was for 36 months / 10,000 miles. $875/month????? Wow...
    Thansk Car_man.

The MSRP is 36,775.
  • jpierce1jpierce1 Member Posts: 3
    That lady is out of her mind - to put this in perspective, I am shopping for a 2008 S4 which has an MSRP of c. $55,000 and it is only $840/mo, with taxes, for a 3 year 12,000 mile/year allowance. You should be able to get a 2.0T s-line for c. $500-550/mo. Kindly suggest you work with another sales person or different dealer...
    All 2008 A4 comes with S line as a standard.
    Please see my 1682 post. I just lease A4 2.0T for less than 400 before tax.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A national newspaper is looking to speak to consumers who recently purchased or leased a new vehicle because of a good deal they found, whether it was low APR (financing), lease specials, rebates or other incentives. Please respond no later than Feb. 19 with your daytime contact information to Chintan Talati at ctalati@edmunds.com.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• pacsurfpacsurf Member Posts: 1
    What are the current money factors/residuals for 2007 vs. 2008 A4 cabriolets?
    looking at 36 month and 48 month lease with 12k

Thanks!
  • mankumanku Member Posts: 76
    I'm deciding now between various cars to replace the 2003 A4 I'm in the midst of selling - Volvo C70, VW Eos, Mini Clubman or Cooper S, VW GTI, Saab 9-3 Convertible. And, of course, another Audi.

I've gotten a price on an 2008 Audi 2.0 CVT Cab w/ sticker just under 44K of 850 drive off/500 month/36months...this includes CA tax., I think 10K a year, but its really is irrellevant - I only put about 5K a year on my car.

Another option, is A4 Sedan, 2.0 cvt w/sticker of 32.5 for 425/10k/36mths incl. tax. Not really excited about that - have had two plain A4 sedans in past 12 years...looking for something different.

Comments on pricing, anyone?
  • audieddyaudieddy Member Posts: 52
    First, thanks for providing all the info, I think I brokered a good deal armed with everything this forum provides.

I was offered this deal on a 2008 Audi manual trans Quattro in Brilliant Black /black interior with these options: sport suspension, premium, heated seats and dark wood trim

For 36 month/15 K deal my payments would be $399 month + tax ($20), $0 sign and drive. Security is waived becuase I previuosly financed with VW credit (5 years ago). Acquistion and first month rolled into the payments

MSRP on the car is: 33725

Only catch is the car is at another dealer and they said they needed me to sign a P&S. Becuase the car is on the lot at another dealer they said they can't guarantee they can get it. Car is not a special edition, but has same options except metallic paint. Do you think I can do better? Tough to find the sport suspension unless you get an S-line option which typically come loaded up and would be about 60-70 more exp per month (with other options). I did not get Audi Care but wondering how much that would add to the price since it increases residual by 1% ($337) and only cost $590
  • jd25jd25 Member Posts: 43
    Hi Car_Man,

Looking to lease 2008 A4 FWD CVT Special Ed with S-Line package, Titanium package and Dolphin Gray Metallic in Los Angeles area. I would like 12,000 miles/yr and 3 year lease. I notice with these options MSRP is $34,000 and Invoice $31,674. I also notice Audi USA has a special 3 yr lease deal for $339/mo with premium package, 10,000 miles/yr and a total due at lease of $3,139.

Any idea what would be a good lease rate? If I want to lease for only 2 yrs would that reduce the monthly lease amount?

Regards.
  • schley254schley254 Member Posts: 2
    Hi
    We are in NJ and priced a 36-42 month lease with 10-12K A4 quattro 2.0 with premium, heated seats, ipod audicare and bluetooth for about $406-415 a month with zero down. Seems like your price is very high. Is it the 3.2
  • schley254schley254 Member Posts: 2
    Any one know what the lease deals will be on the Spec Ed? And when will they be available?
    Signed the papers on my new Adui lease today. I am so happy, its my first lease but I feel like I got a killer deal. Made sense becuase I seem to change cars every 2-3 years and now use public tranportation for most of my work commute

Car: 2008 2.0T Brilliant black Quattro with black interior (so much nicer than gray or beige interior IMHO) heated seats, premium, dark birch wood (prefer silver but wood actually looked nice) and SPORT suspension (only two black cars in NE with sport according to Dealer). Sport brings the wheels down an inch but looks soo much better than than stock ride height. Anyway onto the lease deal...

MSRP: 33725
    Lease term: 36 month
    Mileage allowance: 45k (15k per year)
    Rate: .00025 (=.06%)
    Residual:55% (54% + 1% fadded for Audicare)
    Fees: $0 drive offfAll fees were rolled into lease including registration ($120), doc fees ($260 ouch!), first month lease fee ($400), acq fee ($575), sticker ($29) and Audi Care ($590) plus a few others for reigsering but I forget.
    Cap cost with all fees rolled in: $32,470
    Monthly lease: $388 + $19 (5% MA tax)= $407 a month

Funny thing is I added Audi Care at last minute after talking to Service group. They said the second service for the A4 costs about $400 alone and all the services added up over 45k would cost at least $1100. AduiCare was a no brainer . Although it costs $590 up front, you get back some becuase it adds 1% to your residual (in my case $337) so it only really cost you $7 X36 or $252.

As I was looking over the final paper work I found two errors. First the finance guy forgot to roll in the first month as agreed upoon. So he redid paper work. Then he gave me the paper and it said $407 per month, but using all the number and the leaseguide.com calculator, I kept getting $399 + tax. We kept looking over the numbers and I finally realized his $407 INCLUDED tax (so he was actually $388 + $19 tax).

My wife is going to have a hard time beleiveing that we are better off now with a new car than 7 year old BMW with 105k. Sold that for 10k and used the money to pay off my loan on my 05 Jeep (which was $375 per month and had about 3 years left) . SO my total payments for autos only rose $30 per month and I have no maintenance cost or repairs for the next 3 years on the Audi (well maybe brakes and possibly tires depending on how I drive). Over the next 45k the BMW was due for a clutch ($1000 ), brakes (all 4 for $600), tires ($650), and at least 5 oil changes ($500), plus nothing was under warranty any longer.
    dppd1511, hi, which dealership was this? sounds like a good deal, esp if it includes the taxes in the monthly..
    wow. was this on front wheel drive or awd?
  • xxxmotors323xxxmotors323 Member Posts: 1
    as of now the rates are still about the same and on an 08 audi a4 with 0 out of ur pocket...not even drive off. i could do 408 a month tax included on a premium package with sport suspension car.

let me know if anyone is interested
    i emailed them via their website once and i guess now i'm on their email list..

looks like bait and switch. prob. only that one vin /car is available at this price..
    The deal was a Quattro. Seeing as one of the posters above (a salesperson) can apparently do $408 with no drive offs as well, it seems these deals can be had. ON top of the attractive rate, I have to say it was one of the easiest negotiated deals I made. Maybe I left money on the table, but I think it was more a matter of the salesperson knowing I knew numbers and having a competitive bid from another dealer. I was tempted to push harder on the deal but don't think it would have been worth the $10 month to get into hard ball negotiations.
  • eastbeasteastbeast Member Posts: 13
    xxxmotors323,
    What state are you in? Pls give more details if this is doable in NJ. Thx
    riverside audi in nj is advertising to insiders on an email a price
    of $275 a month, with 2645 down on an a4 2.0t quattro.

2645 consists of first month, 1795 down, 575 bank fee, no sec deposit
    it gives a vin num and says it's ibis white, so i don't know if
    it's only available on this specific one...but seems to show lease
    prices are starting to come down?

model quoted includes premium pkg, heated seats, s-line, cd changer,
    moon roof, leather, etc.

at this price, 36 month lease payments total 12,270 which sounds like a great
    deal.
    lyjbukem,
    What do you mean "advertising to insiders"? Riverside is 8 minutes from my home (closest Audi dealer) but I went in there and experienced very poor service (salesman thought I wasn't a buyer so he blatently blew me off to go get stroked by an A8 dreamer (no intention of buying). I might have signed a deal that day if I was treated well. Regardless, if the special you spoke of was by email, would you mind forwarding it to me? chinleft@yahoo.com
    thanks so much!
    just heard from another nj dealer that at end of this month, audi lease program ends and new money factor and residual come in, which will be worse for consumers.

anyone deny/confirm/opinion?

aparently residual will be worse by a couple of percent...

ideas?
  • machambimachambi Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    what would be a good deal on a 36 month lease for an A4 in houston metro area.
    got another email from audi manhattan.

$299/month 36 month 10k lease
    a4 2.0t heated front seats, s line exterior pkg, ipod, prem pkg.
    brilliant black/black stock #01291

must bring ad in. is this another case of only one car avail at this price???
  • roverhaterroverhater Member Posts: 10
    I was told the opposite. That after March 3rd the rate will be similar, residual better.

An FYI to all, the Special edition does not get that low moneyfactor.
    but won't all a4's come in special edition trim going forward? so they're forcing consumers into buying it and giving them a lower moneyfactor?
  • p987p987 Member Posts: 2
    My understanding is that except for the current A4s on the ground, the new SE models will have significantly higher money factors and a better residual. I'm about to pull the trigger on an older model (I like the wheels better) and all in it seems I'm getting a better deal on the non-SE version. Audi is doing the now somewhat typical game of making the last run of cars a bit different to keep demand up.
  • nlusternluster Member Posts: 3
    xxxmotors do you have deals available in NJ? Let me know. All you Nj folks, I've been e-mailing and calling dealers off the hook. Below are some of the offers for the A4 quattro auto trans-tiptronic, premium pack, silver w/blk leather, heated seats. The monthly payments include taxes and the out the door figure includes everything:

Riverside Audi (bait and switch-sorry the Ibis white special is no longer available however...)
    3793 total out the door 325 mo x 36 mo @ 15k per year with Audi care. Quote includes some unknown 1000.00 rebate-incentive. Must sign by end of Feb.

Bell Audi (said Riverside is shady and the numbers are not possible)
    2000 total out the door 440 mo x 36 mo @ 15k per year with Audi care. Quote includes some unknown 1000.00 rebate-incentive.

Princeton Audi (said both dealerships are wrong, there is no 1000.00 rebate available unless you are employed by a company that uses Audi Fleet sales.His belief is that they'll discover oops, you don't qualify, these are your new numbers).
    2000.00 total out the door 424.44 mo x 36 mo @ 15k per year with Audi care. He said his numbers were good until 3-31.

DCH Audi of Millburn agreed with Princeton about the 1000.00 rebate being B.S. He said his numbers were similar in the 2000.00 / 430 mo range. I explained that I needed to be at or under 400 mo / 15k / 2000.00 total. He said it's the end of the month, you never know, we can work something out...

All I want is some firm numbers. The 408 a month deal with $0 cash out doesn't seem too much to ask for. Does anyone have a great deal in NJ? I figure it doesn't matter where in NJ I lease from, I can use the Audi care at a local dealer for service. Help!
    I'm just getting myself stressed out by reading all the posts (although I'm happy that a resource like this exists)... what's really the best way to go for me - I know exactly what I want:
    A4, 2.0T Quattro, Conv. Pkg, Prem Pkg., Navigation w CD changer (not ipod), Black with Beige leather interior. MSRP should be $39,150 inc destination charge. I live in NJ (7% sales tax)
    I could pull the trigger by the end of the month.

So, what do I do.... go find the exact car first? Or do I figure out how much I'm willing to pay? Or do I ask car man for the money factors and other details?

So lost... pls help! Like anyone else, I dont want to pay one penny more than I have to.

Thanks!
  • p987p987 Member Posts: 2
    eastbeast - if you're getting an SE, then you should be able to get what you want from just about any dealer. As long as you have a money factor and residual that is correct, then its just a question of negotiating the price. You can then compute the lease payment pretty accurately yourself (see below).

nluster - the car I'm probably getting is the same car eastbeast except I'm also getting heated seats and bluetooth. DCH and Paul MIller seemed less negotiable on price. I'm using another dealer (none that you mentioned) and I think the deal I'm getting is ok. You can email me at adamwizon@gmail.com for more info.

There is a lease spreadsheet that is available on the web (an excel spreadsheet) that will produce accurate lease numbers once you plug in selling price, resid, and mf. I always check my deal on the spreadsheet first.

As much as I want a decent price on the car, I also want a dealer I can service the car with.
    Im stuck. I do not like the SE either. The wheels are ugly. I do not have a choice though, to get what I wanted they had to order me one, and that was back in December. With the increased money factor any kind of savings the SE gave you is gone.

Im a little pissed about the change in moneyfactor and began looking at other vehicles. My lease is up in a month and I refuse to be "held hostage" by Audi and any chnges they make.
    no, of course $875/mo is not a good deal. i was responding to below:

Replying to: dppd1511 (Feb 12, 2008 5:01 pm)
    Hi
    We are in NJ and priced a 36-42 month lease with 10-12K A4 quattro 2.0 with premium, heated seats, ipod audicare and bluetooth for about $406-415 a month with zero down.
  • ivtec2ivtec2 Member Posts: 1
    Any help would be appreciated.

Looking to replace a financed 2003.5 1.8T 5spd with a 2008 2.0T AWD 6spd by the end of the month if the deal works.

Region is Columbus, OH. Car is financed through Audi Financial and will be paid off prior to a new lease and sold at a later date.

What should I be shooting for a money factor and amount over invoice?

Looking at 12k for either a 36 or 42 month term.

Are there any programs out there that I should be aware of?

Also whats the story with the special edition? All I want is the sport suspension, heated seats, CD and leather interior.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
    Go up to Cleveland. Or call Fred Baker Audi and ask for Jeff. He is my salesman and has been very upfront, honest and helpful. Im buying my A4 from him. Money factor .00025 (less than one percent). Im slightly over invoice. Give him a call.
This discussion has been closed.