Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi chester01. You never mentioned the selling price of the truck that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the X5 that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what this truck's selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • chester01chester01 Member Posts: 9
    Sorry about that Car_man
    It would be 59,290
    Thanks a million!
  • smith18smith18 Member Posts: 3
    just got this deal

$49k+ for the truck
    $47 cap cost
    36 months 15k
    no money down other than usual
    599 tax included

any thoughts?
  • mrbig1mrbig1 Member Posts: 5
    Please let me know where sounds like a great deal i got a much higher price....
  • tpjcourtneytpjcourtney Member Posts: 34
    :confuse: Who is the leasing company. You can not get that good a lease through BMWFS unless your tax rate is around 1%, or you had positive equity from a trade.

Even if the X5 was $49999 to start with, the lowest non-tax payment you can get to with BMW is just under $590/mo. That leaves only $9/mo for taxes. :confuse:

I was using 57% res., .001 MF, cap cost of 47000, MSRP $49999(if it's lower the payment goes up), and no additional fees.

Please, share your secret.
  • stevem87stevem87 Member Posts: 4
    Hello, does anyone know the dealer cash (incentive) on 2005 4.8is? Also the residual and money factor? 36/15k

Would love to lease one, but want to figure out the payment.

Thanks!
    Here are the current lease numbers. Add 2% to the residual for 12k and 3% for 10k.
    X5 4.8i Wagon

24 mo/15k mi – 61% Residual Value – Money Factor .00285 Base Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – 52% Residual Value – Money Factor .00285 Base Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – 43% Residual Value – Money Factor .00285 Base Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – 36% Residual Value – Money Factor .00285 Base Rate

Dealer cash was 6500 for a 4.4 and 5000 for a 3.0, but I don't see any of that listed anymore. Don't remember seeing anything for the 4.8
  • robertd1robertd1 Member Posts: 3
    suv800,

Which dealer & salesperson did you buy from- I'm in nyc and i'm looking for the same car.

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Dealership names are fine... individual salesperson information is not.. Please see Rule #6, in Rules of the Road, on the left side of the page..

Thanks!,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

MSRP 50520, Selling price 48270, Acq Fee 625, title fee 9.50, Gross cap cost 48904.50

MF .001, 15k res 57%, first mon. + 700 sec dep + 201 sales tax for out the door of 1579. Pmt is 636 + tax.

Didn't seem to be any more around here in the price. They were 1700 over "their" cost, which was invoice + regional advertizing/training fees (300) from BMW. Since I hadn't gotten to even 2000 below msrp at any other dealer in colorado, I figured 2250 off was good enough.

Thanks for hosting this board, I doubt I would have gotten this deal without all the info here. :) Hope this helps someone else.
    Does anyone know if there are some newly available dealer incentives on the 2006 X5 4.4i? Suddenly I am getting much better offers on discounts from the dealers I have been working with.

Thanks in advance.
    Now I am also hearing the residuals have changed on the 3.0 X5. Does anyone know the latest incentives on both the 3.0 and the 4.4i?

Thanks much
    No problem, chester01. Thanks for the additional information. OK, so you were offered a 2006 BMW X5 4.4 with an MSRP of $63,280 for $59,290. this looks like a very reasonable price to me. I suspect that it is less than $1,000 over dealer invoice. Using the prices that you mentioned, I worked up a lease payment on this truck for you using BMW Financial Services' actual lease program and came up with a 36 month, 15,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of exactly the $740 per month that you were quoted. With a $1,800 capitalized cost reduction, which I advise against, this truck's monthly payment would drop to around $689. The fact that this dealer is getting you out of your current 5-Series lease probably having an impact upon your deal, but it is not making all of these payments for you. BMW is running a special early lease termination program right now that will waive up to three remaining payments for current lessees. That means that only two of your five remaining lease payments are coming out of your dealer's pocket.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on your new truck, tpjcourtney. Thanks for taking the time to stop back and provide such detailed information on your deal. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Hi stevem87. I do not believe that BMW is currently providing any sort of dealer cash on this truck right now. Perhaps the market for it has just softened up a bit. The auto industry in general has been pretty slow for the past couple of months.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi stevem87. BMW is not currently providing any sort of cash incentives that I am aware of on the 2006 X5. I can give you an idea of what its current lease program is like though. You never mentioned how long you want to lease these trucks for or how many miles per year you need to be able to drive them, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease. If you were to lease a 2006 BMW X5 3.0 through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00100 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2006 X5 4.4i should be exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man, it's nice to know I got a decent deal. The dealer even gave us the 6-changer CD for free and the payment with tax included is $735 a month. We picked up the car on Friday and it's beautiful. A little worried about the bogging down when you step on the gas from a dead stop. Maybe I was just use to my 540i with sports package, although the x5 4.4 has 25 more horsepower than the 540i had. It does shift harder in Sport rather than on manual which it should I'm sure. Have heard no rattles, squeaks. Although do hear wind noise through front of truck. The heated steering wheel is heaven, our son loves the rear heated seats. I'm knocking on wood that things will remain good. Thanks!
  • bmw07039bmw07039 Member Posts: 1
    I’m looking for a good lease on a X5 3.0 with Auto/Prem/Nav/Cold package. I’m not sure what should I be paying. I got a quote for $710 including tax in NJ. The price of the truck is 49700 with a 2.4% and 59% residual value. Any one knows if this is something I should pursue.
  • monster198monster198 Member Posts: 1
    Just got the quote from the dealer. X5 3.0 MSRP 45820, got negotiated down to $42,500, I got quote for $1700 down and $513/mo in CT, 2.4% w/ residual of 59% and 12k per year.
  • niltnilt Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

WOULD Highly appreciate if anyone answer asap

I am first time leasing a car....researched a lot...bit confused ...can anyone tell me ..leasing offer on BMWUsa.com is good or not?? ( which is like Lease financing available on 2006 BMW X5 3.0i vehicles, registered outside of NY, only at participating BMW centers on leases assigned to BMW Financial Services NA, LLC/Financial Services Vehicle Trust through January 3, 2006. Monthly lease payments of $489.00 for 24 months based on MSRP of $44,470.00 (includes automatic transmission). (Total lease payments including acquisition fee is $11,736.00). 10,000 miles per year. Purchase option at lease end for $32,018.00.....

If this is not good Option....what is the good deal.... I have a EX Credit History..

what should be residual vetcalue after 2 yr.... Money factor ?? ..down payment>>
  • jiholl5333jiholl5333 Member Posts: 7
    Hi, just leased X5 3.0 from JMK BMW in Union, NJ...List $49,220...lease 36 months, zero down, 15,000 miles per yr. $612.00/month with little negotiating...int he end they found car with about $1,300 more options in color I wanted and gave it to me at no further cost. Seems like good deal.
  • koberrykoberry Member Posts: 28
    Little help please... just bought a 2-yr old 5-series for my wife and the dealer's aggressively trying to get me to lease a 2006 X5. Thanks to CARMAN's help, I leased a Lexus RX330 last December, so am not really in market, but this deal looks pretty great if I'm not upside down on my RX330. Here it is:

2006 X5 3.0 + Automatic + Prem Pkg + Cold Weather + Headlamps + Self-dim mirrors + Rear climate

at INVOICE

36 mo lease, 10k mi/yr
    .00155 MF (.0014 if security deposit)
    63% residual
    (residual on 24 mo is 74%)

Are the above mf/residual correct? Is there any dealer cash or other incentives that would lead them to offer me a deal at INVOICE with no negotiation? Has the .00100 MF from November expired?

Thanks in advance,

Ken
  • bdr127bdr127 Member Posts: 950
    63% residual (residual on 24 mo is 74%)

Are the above mf/residual correct? Is there any dealer cash or other incentives that would lead them to offer me a deal at INVOICE with no negotiation?

The 36mo/10k residual is 60%, and the 24mo/10k residual is a very strong 72%.

There are no incentives. You will have a hard time getting even close to invoice on a BMW. Check out the "Prices Paid" forums or check the TMV price here on Edmunds for your particular model to see what people are paying for the vehicle. From what I have read, I would suspect the best you could possibly do would be $1000 over invoice....
  • koberrykoberry Member Posts: 28
    Thanks, but I'm telling you they offered me a deal at invoice :-P

Would appreciate anything kyfdx or Car_man have to say about this, because something's obviously up...

Best,

Ken
  • bdr127bdr127 Member Posts: 950
    Thanks, but I'm telling you they offered me a deal at invoice

Eeeehhh?!?!... Hmm, I've never heard of a BMW dealer selling a new model at invoice. Wacky...
  • otto91otto91 Member Posts: 2
    I AM FROM RHODE ISLAND.I AM LOOKING AT A 49,370 3.0 X5. i WAS TOLD THE LEASE WAS $3500 TOTAL OUT OF POCKET AND 588.00 INCLUDING 7% SALES TAX 15,000 M ILES PER YEAR. i WAS TOLD THEY HAVE THE SAME PAYMENT FOR 24 MONTHS PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR INPUT PLEASE.
  • otto91otto91 Member Posts: 2
    I AM FROM RHODE ISLAND I AM LOOKING AT A 2006 BMW X5 3.0 WANT TO LEASE 15,000 MILES PER YEAR THE VEHICLE IS LIST OF 49,370. A LEASE OF $588 WITH $3500 OUT OF POCKET.THEY ARE DISCOUNTING $3000. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE. THANKS.
  • cmcfarlingcmcfarling Member Posts: 4
    The local dealer has a service model (had been used as a dealer loaner) that they're getting ready to sell. It's an '05 3.0i with:
    cold weather pkg
    premium pkg
    rear climate pkg
    A/T
    heated steering whl

It has about 16500mi on it and has 3/33500 left on the orig maintenance plan and warranty. Also, it is classified as a CPO and has the additional 2/50000 maintenance plan that goes along with that. The pre-negotiated price that he gave me is $45300.

So a couple questions...
    Would BMW lease a car in this situation, i.e. it has only been used by the dealership. I briefly inquired about that and the rep said that they normally wouldn't do that, but if I pushed the issue, is it unheard of to lease a car like this?

There is no sport pkg on this one. I remember reading a review that said the sport pkg was a huge plus for the X5s. Is it better to focus on an X5 with sport pkg or are the non-sport pkg X5s pleasing enough?

As far as the price, any ideas how low this one could go? I've read on here that 05 models had some dealer cash incentives. Would this one qualify under that deal still? Also, I did a quick search on BMW's website for CPO models. A dealership 100mi away has a couple that appear very similar (mileage, options, year) that are listed at $40995. Should this one be closser to that number or should it be even lower?

Thanks for the feedback
    No problem chester01. Enjoy your new truck!

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bmw07039. I would be happy to give you my opinion on this deal, however it would be a big help if you would provide me with this truck's full MSRP.

Car_man
    Host
  • amstamst Member Posts: 8
    I'm interested in an X5, 3.0.
    What are the 24 month and 36 month residuals for 10K and 12K miles/yr.? What is the money factor? I have a current lease expiring in March...any opinion as to whether or not the residuals will get better or worse in the next few months?

Thanks.

David
    24 mo/10k mi – Residual Value 72% – .0010 Money Factor
    24 mo/12K mi.-- 71% .0010
    36 mo/10k mi – 60% – .0010
    36 mo/12K mi. -- 59%.. .0010

Residuals tend to go down over the year, though sometimes there are other incentives to make up for it... Pretty solid numbers right now...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi monster198. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 BMW X5 3.0 with an MSRP of $45,820 and a selling price of $42,500 through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $500. This is pretty close to the payment that you were quoted, if the $1,700 that you mentioned is for things like your first month's payment, lease acquisition fee, etc. If it is a capitalized cost reduction, the payment that you were quoted is too high.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings nilt. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

BMW's current 24 month lease program on the 2006 X5 3.0 is very attractive. Keep in mind though that manufacturers' advertised lease payments usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. If you are in an area with a decent level of competition, I would not be surprised if you were able to negotiate a lower selling price for the truck that you want than the one that was used to calculate BMW's current advertised lease payment. The lower a vehicle's selling price is, the lower its monthly payment will be. BMW Financial Services' current 2 year, 10,000 miles per buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2006 X5 3.0 are .00100 and 72%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Ken. The dealer that you spoke with is trying to make up for the fact that they are selling you this truck at invoice without the help of any dealer cash by marking up its money factor quite a bit. The .00100 factor is still good for this model in December.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi otto91. Is the $49,370 that you mentioned this truck's MSRP or selling price? Either way, I really need to know both numbers in order to give you an accurate assessment of this deal. Let me know and I will tell you what I think. For now I can tell you that you really should not be paying so much at lease signing. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your X5 would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put a couple thousand dollars down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

Car_man
    Host
    Ahhh, I see that you provided the additional information that I just asked for in your next post, otto91. A $3,000 discount on this truck is not bad. You are probably being asked to pay less than $1,000 over invoice for it. Let's estimate what its lease payment should be using BMW Financial Services' base lease program and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 BMW X5 3.0 with an MSRP of $49,370 and a selling price of $46,370 through BMW FS right now for months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down pre-tax monthly payment should be around $594. You are being asked to put way too much down. Let's say that $2,000 of the $3,500 that you are being asked for is a cap cost reduction. A $2,000 cap cost reduction would drop the monthly payment for an otherwise identical lease to around $508. I suspect that the dealer that you are working with is marking up BMW Financial Services buy rate lease money factor of .00100 to add additional hidden back end profit to your deal. This is completely legal, but can often be avoided by confronting dealers with the buy rate.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cmcfarling. Dealer loaner cars usually qualify for manufacturers new car lease programs when dealers go to sell them because they have never been titled. However, if this truck is technically a CPO vehicle, it probably does not qualify for the new vehicle lease program. BMW does lease CPO vehicles, but I doubt that its used vehicle lease program for the X5 is as attractive as its current new vehicle lease program.

For feedback on this model's Sport package, try stopping by the following discussion: "BMW X5".

BMW was providing dealer cash on this truck a few months ago, but it is not doing so any longer. There would have to be a huge difference between the price of this truck and the price I could get a brand new one for for me to consider going with a service loaner.

Car_man
    Host
  • e90m3e90m3 Member Posts: 1
    How is this for a lease payment?
    $569
    X5 3.0 MSRP $50,905 Predicated $47,850 plus $2500 for the Tax,title,license, doc. fee and first payment.
    36mo./12k
    MF .00115
    Value @ lease end $30,543
    Thanks ahead Car man
  • breevesbreeves Member Posts: 2
    loaded 2006 stratus grey x5 4.4 cold weather package, premium package, rear climate, ssport package, servotronic, adjustable ride height, 19 inch wheels, nav asytem, premium sound
    msrp 64395
    Cap cost 61825
    Bank Fee 825
    Adjusted Cap 62650
    lease factor .0014
    residual value 37993
    12000 miles per year
    36 month lease
    total monthly payment 890
    deposit 900
    Where do you think I have room to negotiate?
    Thanks
    On my lease I got a bank fee of 625, lease factor of .0010 and deposit of 700. I believe those are the buy rates or lowest BMWFS will allow.
  • ncooperncooper Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for a 2006 x5 w/cold weather package, premium package, rear climate, nav asytem, premium sound in the MD/VA/DC area. Do salespeople in this area negogiate often? Everywhere I go it seems as they don't. The car I want has a sticker of $52,920 but I want to lease it for $49,200. Am I unreasonable?
  • socaltiger1socaltiger1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to purchase a 2006 X5 with prem, sport, xenon, dimming mirrors, automatic, rear climate for $48,565 with MSRP of $52,120. Do you think that the 24 month lease is more attractive than the 36 for 12K miles? Also, everyone in Southern California is charging $825 for bank fees and willing to give me .00115 without deposit and 0.001 with deposit. Does it make more sense to put up the deposit?
  • amstamst Member Posts: 8
    I was not able to make my purchase, because I'm a BMWCCA member for 1 year as of Feb 1st. So, I have ordered my X5 this month (to lock in these great residuals), but will have it delivered in Feb.

Right now, the salesman has an extra bonus if they sell you an X5 this month. They will receive a "spin". Here is the way the "spin" works. The salesman logs into a BMW website and enters the VIN for the vehicle that they've delivered to you this month. When they submit this VIN, they are awarded a random amount of cash directly from BMW. This award ranges from $250 up to over $1000.

Keep this information in mind if you're attempting to do a deal by the end of December.

By the way, for me, my car has an MSRP of $48770. I've negoiated it down to about $2830 off of sticker. My car has premium package, cold weather, heated steering wheel and auto transmission. Lease for 24 months, 10K miles/yr. $1420 due at signing, $580/month.

Good luck, everyone!
  • sks854sks854 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know in what state chester bought this car. I am looking at similar vehicle and with 0 down and all taxes rolled in, can't get below $800 a month
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    Socialtiger:

MSRP: $52,120
    Selling Price: $48,565

24 Months / 12k Miles per Year
    Residual: 71%
    Money Factor: .00100
    Lease: $567.24 + applicable tax

36 Months / 12k Miles per Year
    Residual: 59%
    Money Factor: .00100
    Lease: $574.15

The 24 month lease is marginally better than the 36 month lease.

I believe that the bank fee should be $625 and not $825.

Assuming a 24 month lease, if you increase the money factor by .00015 your payment would be $580.07 as opposed to $567.24 with a money factor of .00100 ($307.92 over the course of 24 months). It is up to you whether or not you pay the security deposit.

Hope this helps,
    Auto Advisors
  • c_lee_100c_lee_100 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Car_man or anyone,

The BMW dealer at Dallas told me that even though I am leasing a car, I still need to pay for the tax of the entire selling price. Fox example, if the car’s selling price is $45,000 and the interest rate is 6.25%, the tax I need to pay for is $45000 * 0.0625 = $2812.5. Is this true?

I appreciate your help.
    Unfortunately, this is the case in Texas (and Illinois, also)..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi, In NJ if I remember correctly fully loaded around 64,400 3 year lease 10,000 miles $1800 down and $735 a month. Have had it for 2 months and not a single problem not even a rattle
  • mfinnerty003mfinnerty003 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have the January residuals and money factors?
This discussion has been closed.