Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• bmwforever1bmwforever1 Member Posts: 12
    Hi Carman,
    Can you post the numbers for X5 diesel for 36 months, 15k miles? also can you post those for X5 35i premium? also 36 months and 15k?

Thanks,
    Khaled
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello ml2005. BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X5 5.0i with 15,000 miles per year are .00129 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

$500 over invoice would definitely be a good deal on this truck, but unless you are in an area that has a ton of competition I doubt that you'll get one for that.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    "I will hang up and listen." HA :D .

BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X5 35d with 10,000 miles per year are .00129 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Khaled. BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X5 Diesel with 15,000 miles per year are .00129 and 51%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 X5 35i Premium are .00129 and 57%.

Remember, there's a $3,500 credit on the Diesel model.

Car_man
    Host
  • ml2005ml2005 Member Posts: 10
    Best offer from dealer was:
    msrp: $79570
    Adj cap cost: $74749
    $2000 drive off
    MF: .0017 57% residual

$961/mo plus tax= $1045

Is this a good deal?

Thanks
  • botbbotb Member Posts: 1
    Car man, would you please provide me with April mf and residual on 35i premium 36 month 12m/yr? Also, with the upcoming body style changes (which I don't like), would I be better off waiting until late summer to lease? Would you expect screaming deals close to the 2014 roll out? Thank you!
    Here you go botb. BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X5 3.5i Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00129 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Your theory is sound. As the arrival of the redesigned model approaches or even passes, BMW might have to offer additional support on the leftover model to help unload them. Of course, it's difficult to say exactly what will happen before the program is officially announced.

Car_man
    Host
  • pac333pac333 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, Im looking at a 2013 X5d as follows. Is this a good deal? I qualify for the loyalty discount, USAA $500, and the eco. THANKS for helping me understand all this!

Term 36 Months
    Mileage 15,000/year
    Money Factor 1.29
    Residual Factor 51%

MSRP $65,495
    Selling Price $57,815.00

Total Capitalized Cost
    $57,815.00

Residual Value $33,402.45
    Total Depreciation $23,162.55
    Capital Reduction $1,250.00
    Monthly Depreciation $643.40
    Monthly Rent $116.06

Monthly Payment $759.46
    Tax (9%) $68.35

Monthly Payment + Tax $827.81

Capital Reduction $1,250.00
    Cap Reduction Tax (9%) $184.95
    License & Registration $511.00
    Bank Fee $725.00
    Documentation Fee $80.00
    First Payment $827.81
    Security Deposit $0.00

Drive Off $3,578.76

Trade Equity $0.00
    Rebate $1,250.00

Due at Signing $2,328.76
  • chaozz1chaozz1 Member Posts: 49
    you can get 10 off msrp..ask for $500 over invoice then apply all the credits.
  • ginleiginlei Member Posts: 9
    pac333 -how did you get the $1250 rebate on that?

is that some kind of loyalty rebate?
  • pac333pac333 Member Posts: 2
    Ginlei - Yup - $750 BMW loyalty and $500 from USAA on a lease (it's a $1000 if you finance through USAA)
  • riloh05riloh05 Member Posts: 15
    What are the May residuals for a X5 35d. Thanks
  • jasonmdbmwjasonmdbmw Member Posts: 117
    For 36 months it is 51% for 15,000 miles, 53% for 12k and 54% for 10k. Advertised lease is for 39 months and RV are 49%, 51%, and 52% respectively
  • van131van131 Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    2013 X5

MSRP $48,925

Sale about $46,000
    15k a year/ 39 months
    57% residual

MF .00127

What do you think? Im getting it built. Should take about a month.
  • tuburonhtuburonh Member Posts: 9
    Hello Car Man-

Could you please let me know what are BMW's May rates (money factor and residual) for leases on the X5 Diesel on a 36 month, 15,000 miles per year lease? Also, do you know if they are still offering the EcoCredit on this model?

Many thanks.
  • clutch2282clutch2282 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car Man,

What do you think of the following deal? Trying to finalize today.

X535i
    Convenience Package
    Leather

MSRP - $52547
    Selling - $49825 (includes $750 loyalty) W/ $5000 down

12k/ 39 months
    $569.55

Money factor 0.00137
    Residual 56%

Thanks,
    Brian
    .00127 and 51%. BMW currently has the advertised lease at 39 months. Same MF but residual is 49%. Yes ECo credit is $3500
  • plinaplina Member Posts: 61
    Does anyone know why BMW does not offer active steering in the X5 35d?
    Certainly tuburonh. BMW Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X5 Diesel with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Yes, BMW is indeed still offering the $3,500 Eco Credit and owner loyalty cash on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Brian. This vehicle's money factor should be slightly lower than what you were quoted, .00127. Try to get the dealer to use that factor to calculate your payment.

Also, I personally wouldn't make such a large down payment on a lease. $5,000 is a lot to lay out at lease signing. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered a good chunk of that could just go poof. you're better off going with a zero down lease.

This truck probably has a spread of around $4,000 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. That means that you're probably at around $2,000 over invoice. If you're in an area that has a high level of competition, you may be able to beat this by shopping around some.

Car_man
    Host
  • gurlzlkcars2gurlzlkcars2 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car Man
    This is my first post and my first attempt at leasing, but I've been reading the lease terms to become more familiar with leasing. Prior to reading the wonderful information posted here, I had started asking for lease terms on an X5 3.5i Premium. One MSRP (with options) was 61200 and other was 68400. But none of the dealerships I've spoken to give any details about money factor, acquisition fee, etc. So my questions are
    1. How do I find out the invoice price so negotiate the best deal/capitalized cost
    2. What are BMW's June rates (money factor and residual) for leases on the X5 3.5i premium on a 36 or 39 month, 15,000 miles per year lease?
    3. Is it wise to lease a 2013 X5 when the body style will be changing for 2014?
    Welcome gurlzlkcars2. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

You can look up the dealer invoice price of the X5 that you want by clicking on the following link: 2013 BMW X5 Pricing.

BMW Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X5 3.5i Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

As far as whether it is wise to lease a 2013 model when the 2014 model will be redesigned goes, I think that it's more a matter of personal preference than anything. Since you don't have to worry about eventually selling your old style X5 you won't take a hit on the resale value. It's just a matter of whether you want to have a new and improved version or you are happy to go with the current model.

Car_man
    Host
  • bmw_640_manbmw_640_man Member Posts: 2
    Carman-

BMW is advertising for 39 mos as their lease special on a Premium. What is the money factor and residual for 10k and 12k per yr. Both my wife and I have excellent credit and would qualify for thier top tiers. Thanks
  • gurlzlkcars2gurlzlkcars2 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Car_man! The deal I was presented with seemed good, but now i'm not sure. Using Edmund's True Market Value tool for a car with same options, the MSRP is 67150, Invoice is 61700, and TMV is 63800. So the numbers the dealership are offering are a little lower than the TMV (62129), but I think they are charging me more by using a MF of .00167. They also said the residual was 54% instead of 57% in SC. So I plan to shop around a little more.
  • gotigers1gotigers1 Member Posts: 20
    Carman, hope you can be of some help! I see a few posts with the 36 month numbers but am being told that they are only running 39 months on the x5 now. Do you have the 39 month numbers by chance?

Also being told the conquest offer is not offered on x5's. Any insight?

Thanks for all the help over the years - have had some great deals on leases with the help of this forum.
    You can still do a 36 month lease but the advertised lease special is 39 months. RV for 15k miles is 55% for the Premium. Add 2% for 12k miles and 3 % for 10k miles. Base MF is still .00127. If looking for a different model, let me know and ill put up the correct RV.

That is correct on the Conquest Cash. Only available on the 328's and 528's. Only Loyalty Cash on X5's but sign up at your local dealer for the Ultimate Driving Event so you can qualify for the $1000 incentive
    Thanks jasonmdbmw. To make sure I don't confuse the two, what are the numbers for 39 months?

Unfortunately the driving event isn't at any dealers close to me...

Appreciate the help
    The numbers in my previous post are for 39 months.
  • southflorida8southflorida8 Member Posts: 2
    I was wondering if anyone was able to lease a '13 X5 in the mid 5s/month with no more than inceptions down? I would prefer a 36 month lease, but could do a 39 month lease if that's the current program. I am getting out of a GL 450 lease, so I may be eligible for conquest monies. I should also be eligible for "top tier credit". Your feedback is appreciated.

Thx,

John
  • southflorida8southflorida8 Member Posts: 2
    I have seen local dealerships in Florida advertise a similar deal for $469/month w/ $5k down, 10k miles/year for a 36 month lease.
  • socal59socal59 Member Posts: 82
    You can get to that price with a base level vehicle or just a few options. Maybe for July the least rates may come down since the new model is coming in August. It just depends how much inventory the dealers have and how quick they want to get rid of it. That's what I'm doing, waiting.
  • bm1650bm1650 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy a BMW X5. Went to visit the local BMW dealership in Roswell, GA. I am open to either a brand new or lightly used one. As I was talking to the nice sales gentleman, I could not help but notice that on average there was only a $4,000 difference between a brand new and used BMWs from 2011 to 2013. My mind started wondering as to the rationality of this whole premise. No wonder their lot is full of these used vehicles because considering warranty issues and everything else, anyone who can afford the used vehicle can easily spend an extra $4k to get into a new one. No wonder the market is punishing them for their sins. These people are so much in love with the X5 that they are not reading the market well especially considering many potential clients are holding up for the 2014 model.

I have decided to wait things out hoping to get a brand new 2013 closer to the 2014 launch date earmarked for September. Surprising to me is the fact that the sales person told me that unlike other manufacturers, BMW does not issue any incentives or discounts on their X5 even when a new model is about to come out. I am here to ask the experts on the validity of the above statement. I am ready but not so much in a hurry to jump out of my current no car payment situation.
    Agreed - have been working on a x5 premium for a month now - only way to come close to that is purchase a base level based upon current pricing. High inventory and new model hasn't started to reduce prices by much from what I've been finding.

Good luck to you.
    Carman,

Know it will take a few days, but kindly provide the July x5 premium money factor/residual for a 15k mile 36 and/or 39 mth lease.

Also curious as to any new dealers cash or private incentives you might know about to help move out the 2013's.

Thanks as always.
    BM it's hard to trust the sales guys. BMW is no different than any other product. When they need to move inventory they will come out with incentives. Right now, for example the 528's are selling and leasing for pretty good deals. Same goes for the Mercedes E class. They are both competing for sales numbers. Now BMW's more specialized cars don't fall into that criteria. Bottom line, there will be good deals coming, great deals? That we don't know. They've had them in the past. I suspect if inventories remain high then it will be on our favor.
    Sure gotigers1. BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X5 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The only cash incentive that I am aware of on the 2013 X5 right now is $1,500 owner loyalty cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • suznsaxsuznsax Member Posts: 13
    My X5d lease is up in August and the dealer told me that if I'm interested in leasing a 2014 model, X5 leases ending before 8/31/13 qualify for the one year re-lease program (with opt-out early option) because of the production schedule for the 2014 models. The 2014 X5 35d will ship probably late Jan or Feb. This is apparently negotiated directly with BMW FS. Does anyone have any experience with the re-lease program? What is the money factor, residual, etc? Is it negotiable? Many thanks.
  • sandman90004sandman90004 Member Posts: 2
    Our 3 series was up this month. We got a 2013 x5 msrp $51k, nAv included (no convenience package), $4k Down, $560/mo, 39 no, 10k miles. I believe the final selling price was around $49.5, residual $28.5. It feels like a decent deal, I now need to get the Sirius radio, hopefully that doesn't break the bank.
    I wanted 12k miles but they talked me into the 10k, and call in before 6 month end date to buy more miles at 16 cents per.
    Comments on that?
    Sandman, poor deal because of: too much money down, making you pay for miles that you shouldn't need too (unless you're going to drive more than 15 miles, which is the highest subsidized lease BMW offers) what is the MF?
  • txsuvtxsuv Member Posts: 1
    CarMan, your advice has been invaluable in re to the purchase of my last 2 cars. Thank you! 3 questions for you re a 13 x5 Premium, 36 month, 10k lease, top tier credit, what are we looking at it terms of money factor and residual? Also, is there any loyalty money for current BMW owners through BMW finance? Local dealers have over 100 of these models in stock, should I go invoice or invoice plus before any loyalty cash? Thanks again for your invaluable assistance
    You're very welcome txsuv. BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X5 Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00127 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

For loyal customers, BMW is now providing $1,000 loyalty cash plus the waiver of the first month's payment.

It goes without saying that the lower the selling price you can negotiate the better. If I was in the market for one right now, I personally would shoot for say $500 over invoice minus any available cash incentives, but you might be able to do better than that if you really shop around.

Car_man
    Host
  • sandman90004sandman90004 Member Posts: 2
    So how bad of a deal was it? I understand $4 k too much for down payment but with $560 mo tax inclussive? Are we talking paid too much by $1k or $250? I'm about to do this again when my m350 suv is up in October. Thanks.
    Sandman, on this website you can find out the invoice price of the vehicle. I would shoot for $500 over invoice and then subtract the incentives BMW is offering from that. Usually less than $2000 initial payment. You can read all about this on these pages. Just scroll back a page or two. Let us know how you make out.
  • hellogoodbuyhellogoodbuy Member Posts: 2
    I recently purchased a 2013 x5 for $500 over invoice. I would think something near invoice would be doable for most folks assuming invetories dont drop too much before the 2014's arrive. Watch out for the finance guy tho--he tried to strong arm me on extended warranties and a bunch of add ons costing nearly $7k. I then discovered the add ons were marked up 100% so ended up negotiating to about half.

Also--the 2014's are priced $5K higher across the board. Better jump on those 2013's soon.
  • kr3pt0nkr3pt0n Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2013
    Carman and Jason,

First off, thank you for helping all of us. You guys are amazing.

I'd like to clarify something.
    What is the residual percent for X5 3.5i Sport 36 and 39 months 12K lease? Is it still +1% for 10K and -2% for 15k leases? Where can I find that $1500 Loyalty cash that you posted in earlier post. On bmwusa, all I see is $1000. I also don't see that first payment waiver. I'd like to be fully armed before I negotiate. Also what is the better financial deal right now 36 or 39 months?

Thank you so much.
    I'm thinking of ordering, if I can't find a dealer that has this X5d on their lot. I'll see if its not too late to order.

I'm looking for a 2013 X5d with:
    Sport pkg, 20 inch rims, Nav and space saver tire. Msrp $$62,825, Invoice $57,800.

I'm thinking $500 over invoice, minus $3500 Eco, $1000 loyalty leaves a selling price of $53,800.

With current MF and ResiduL, what would the payment be?

I would have to add the acquisition fee as well, I think it's at $795. Thanks everyone.
    RV is 57 and 54% for 36 and 39. Yes that is correct for 10 and 15k miles. The Loyalty Cash is $1000 not $1500. The 1st payment waiver is the Turn Key program and only covers up to $500 on the 1st payment, so anything over that has to be covered by the customer. You have to be in a BMW lease right now and be within 30 days of the turn in date to qualify for the Turn Key program
  • hachee2001hachee2001 Member Posts: 16
    Does anyone know what the current RV's are for the X5d, specifically 36 months and 10k/year? I believe the numbers above are for the other models. I assume the MF is the same (.00127). Thanks.
  • kr3pt0nkr3pt0n Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2013
    Hi guys, I hear everyone going for 500 over invoice, but what fees are you excluding or including? Is that before the bank fee aka acquisition fee or it's already included? What other fees should be included or excluded in the lease when we talk "500 over invoice"?

Thank you
    Yes the MF is the same. RV for 36mo is 54%, 39 months is 52% for 10k miles/yr
This discussion has been closed.