Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 and Earlier Cadillac Escalade Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi kb2010. The MSRP and dealer invoice price for this truck are available over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. Let me know what these numbers are for the truck that you want, exactly as you want it equipped, and I'd be happy to work up a sample payment on it for you using GMAC's current lease program.

I see that you are considering making a $10,000 down payment on this truck and leasing it for 72 months. Both of these things are bad ideas.

Let's address the down payment first. I always advise consumers not to make large capitalized cost reductions on leased vehicles. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher, it is much safer to go with a zero down lease.

As far as the term goes, you would be much better off with a shorter lease. General Motors is only providing lease support on this model for up to 48 months. If you lease for any longer than that, you will have to do so through an independent bank and miss out on the special 0.5% lease rate that GMAC is providing on 36-month and 1.45% on 48-month leases.

Also, It is very expensive to get out of leases early and six years is a long time to lock yourself into one vehicle. A lot can happen between now and then. Your commute could change causing you to go way over or way under your mileage allowance, gas prices could shoot up to $8 per gallon causing you much pain at the pump, you could just get plain sick of your truck, etc...

Another problem with leasing for a long time is that your warranty will expire well before the end of your lease. This means that you will have to pay money out of your own pocket to repair any issues with your truck before returning it at lease-end or risk having to pay a penalty for excess wear and tear.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi stoobie. A $2,500 lease-end purchase fee is nuts. There's absolutely no way that General Motors mandates that its dealer charge such a fee. Dealers may be allowed to charge something to earn a profit from facilitating the purchase of a leased vehicle at the end of its term, but a fee of over two grand is really trying to gouge you. You're free to go to any dealer that you want, have you tried going to a different one.

Try calling GMAC back and asking for a manager or supervisor. You may get better results by doing so.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi broham1. General Motors is still providing cash incentives on the Escalade.

In February there is $2,500 dealer cash on purchases or $4,400 cash on GMAC leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • neenneen Member Posts: 12
    Car Man, I think I am a little confused still. If the invoice price is around what I was quoted, is the dealer keeping the $4400 or does one normailly subtract cash incentives from the MSRP?
  • jim53jim53 Member Posts: 118
    Car Man,

is the 4,400 lease cash for current GMAC lease customers or for anyone? If the latter, is there any additional cash or incentives for customers coming off a GMAC lease? Also, what is the current residual and MF for a 36 or 39 month, 12K mile per year lease?

Is it realistic in the current market to get close to invoice pricing minus the dealer incentive? Looks like inventory in my area at least is pretty low - not sure if demand is also low enough to get aggressive pricing.

Thanks.
    Also Car Man, I couldn't find a similar discussion regarding GMC Yukon Denali lease questions. Does GMAC currently provide leases on these cars? I am coming off of a lease on one currently and am also looking for incentives, MF and residual on one of those at 36 or 39 months and 12K miles per year.

Thanks.
    Hi neen. The $4,400 is being paid by General Motors, so it really doesn't have anything to do with the dealer. If I was in the market for this truck, I would negotiate the lowest possible selling price that I could, stipulating that I wanted any available cash incentives subtracted from that. In my opinion, $500 to $1,000 over invoice minus the $4,400 would be a very good deal on a leased Escalade right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey jim53. The $4,400 cash incentive for leases of the 2010 Escalade through GMAC is for all customers, whether they currently have a GM vehicle or not.

On top of the $4,400, Cadillac has an additional $1,000 incentive for customers who are currently leasing a vehicle, GM or any other brand.

GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Cadillac Escalade with 12,000 miles per year are an attractive 0.5% and an extremely unattractive 39%, respectively.

As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400

I am not intimately familiar with what the market, and in turn transaction prices, are like for the Escalade right now. If I was in the market for one, I'd shoot for $500 to $1,000 over invoice minus the cash incentives and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
    edited February 2010
    Hey jim53. Any questions about leasing a Yukon, Denali or not, should probably go here: "GMC Yukon Lease Questions".

You probably don't need to head over there though because General Motors is not currently providing lease support on the Yukon Denali. You might be able to lease one through an independent bank, but chances are that if you really want one you'd be better off paying cash for it, financing it through an independent bank and taking advantage of the cash incentives that are available on it, or financing it through GMAC at 2.9% for 5 years.

Car_man
    Host
  • alex1529alex1529 Member Posts: 1
    I see on these posts that GM was offering $4000.00 incentive but it looks like that ended. I am currently in a GM Silverado lease ending June 16th and was looking to get into a new lease on an escalade now. GM is now offering to pay last 4 months of my lease but are not offering the $4000.00 cash incentive now. What should i reasonably be looking to pay on an escalade lease with no down payment, just the tax, tag, title. I dont like giving down payments on leases! Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Car_man. Now that we are into March, did anything change for either the Escalade or the GMC?
    Hey jim53. In March, General Motors is providing lease support on the Escalade, but still nothing on the Yukon or Tahoe.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks. Are the incentives on the Escalade the same as what they were in February - I believe 5,400 if you are currently leasing another GM car? Is it 5,400 only if you lease the Escalade through GMAC or does it also apply if you finance the car (through GMAC or another bank) or lease through a 3rd party bank? Also, did the GMAC lease numbers change at all from February?
    No problem, jim53. General Motors is providing a $2,600 cash incentive on leases of the 2010 Escalade through GMAC in March.

If you choose to pay cash for this truck or finance it through an independent bank General Motors is providing $2,500 dealer cash.

You can also finance it through GMAC at 1.9% for 3 years, 2.9% for 4 years, 3.9% for 5 years, or 4.9% for 6 years.

Car_man
    Host
  • brain615brain615 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for all your help car_man

I'm currently looking at leasing a 2010 Yukon/Tahoe/Escalade - can you provide the new April incentives for those (if any) and residual rates? I'll post about the Yukon/Tahoe in their forums if you'd like, just let me know...

I'm located in Virginia (DC metro area), and looking to do a lease for the length of the warranty (36mo for Yukon/Tahoe or 48mo for Escalade)

Thanks in advance!
    Hi brain615. General Motors extended its March programs through today April 5th. It is scheduled to introduce its new April programs some time tomorrow. Please feel free to post a reminder in this discussion or the discussions for the other models that you mentioned and I'll gladly fill you in on what its new April program is like when it is officially released. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello,
    I am from GM Customer Service. If you would like to provide me with your zip code, I can look up the incentives for you. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • brain615brain615 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car_Man - here is your reminder post - really appreciate the help!
  • kb2010kb2010 Member Posts: 4
    Dear Mariah,

I am looking to Lease a 2010 Escalade ESV Grey or Red & wish to know what exactly are the Rebates/Incentives total available. My Zip code is 94583 in CA

Many Thanks
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    edited April 2010
    Hello,
    I am not finding any current lease incentives on the Cadillac ESV. They do have leasing incentives on the Cadillac SUV. However, they do have an incentive if you want to buy an ESV. The incentive is 1.9% for up to 36 months for qualified buyers. Tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment extra. Take new retail delivery by 04/30/2010. For 1.9% APR, monthly payment for every $1,000 you finance is $28.60 for 36 months. Example down payment is 12%. Length of contract limited. Residency restrictions apply. Not available with some other offers. See dealer for details. If you have any further questions please let me know. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
    Car Man, can you please share the current lease rates on the Escalade ESV? I am interested in either 36 or 39 months and 12K miles per year. Also, what are the current cash incentives if you buy or lease one of these cars. I have a current GMAC lease if that matters.
    Thanks for the reminder, brain615. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Cadillac Escalade with 15,000 miles per year are 0.5% and 40%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are 1.45% and 32%.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $2,600 cash incentive that General Motors is providing on leases of this truck through GMAC.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi kb2010. General Motors is currently offering three types of incentives on the 2010 Escalade ESV, a special lease program featuring a low rate of 0.5% for 36 months and a $2,600 cash incentive (other terms are available), special low conventional finance rates of 1.9% for 3 years / 2.9% for 4 years / 3.9% for 5 years / 4.9% for 6 years, or $2,500 dealer cash. Select units that have been languishing on dealer lots for a long time are eligible for an additional $2,000 dealer cash. The dealer cash can be combined with the special financing offer, but not the lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings jim53. Here's the information that you're looking for. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.5% and 43%, respectively.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,600 cash incentive on leases of this truck through GMAC. On top of that, I believe that current GMAC lessees are eligible for an additional $1,000 incentive when they lease a new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • benz2779benz2779 Member Posts: 31
    Car_man - Can you tell me the special incentives for buying a 2010 Escalade Premium Edition. Also what would be the lease residual and money factor for the lease on 36 months and 15k miles per year? I am looking at one with an M.S.R.P. of $73,500.00. What do you think I should be paying for this? I think there is a $2,000 finance incentive. Thanks for your help.
    Hello benz2779. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Cadillac Escalade with 15,000 miles per year are 0.5% and 40%, respectively.

As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $3,900 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through GMAC.

I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the Escalade in your area right now, but if I was in the market for one I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over dealer invoice minus the aforementioned cash incentive. You can look up the invoice price of the exact truck that you are interested in over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • jfgioiajfgioia Member Posts: 1
    Car_man, I'm currently in a 2007 Escalade with my lease ending this November. GM is offering to waive the last 3 payments of my lease and would like to get into either the 2010 Escalade or Escalade ESV with the Premium package.

I would like to know what current lease incentives are going on for the Escalade. I believe the $3,900 rebate is still in effect, but not certain. Also what are the current lease residuals and interest rates for both of these vehicles if I decide to enter into either a 39 or 48 month lease with 12,000 miles and $0 down. What do you think is a fair price I should be paying for either one. I appreciate your help clearing up my concerns.
  • monkeyshiftmonkeyshift Member Posts: 87
    Yes, what is the rate and residual for the 2010 Escalade for July? Thanks!
  • monkeyshiftmonkeyshift Member Posts: 87
    Yes, what is the rate and residual for the 2010 Escalade for July? Thanks!
    Hi jfgioia. You're right, General Motors is providing a $3,900 cash incentive on 2010 Escalades that are leased through GMAC in July.

GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Escalade AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.50% and 40%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are 1.6% ad 35%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey monkeyshift. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • cable311cable311 Member Posts: 2
    I started working with a company that gets a gm discount. It is basically the supplier discount GM offers. I was wondering if this applied to a lease and if it does is is it a discount from GM or from the dealer. Can I still ask for 500 below invoice and then apply the discount like a gm incentive?

Thanks
  • cable311cable311 Member Posts: 2
    meant 500 above invoice
    Congratulations on your new job, cable311.

GM's supplier purchase program can be used on leased vehicles. It isn't some sort of cash incentive that can be tacked onto an already negotiated deal though. The program entitles consumers who are eligible for it to a low no-haggle selling price. It is calculated based upon GM's employee purchase price plus a couple of percent (4% I believe).

Savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to come close to matching GM's supplier pricing on their own, so unfortunately the program isn't really that great other than it saves one from having to shop around and negotiate.

Car_man
    Host
  • warbernwarbern Member Posts: 73
    edited December 2010
    Does anyone know the current lease numbers for a 2011 Escalade Base and Luxury? I believe the current offer is 39 months with 32.5K miles. Thanks!
    Hi warbern. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac Escalade Base 4WD with 10,000 miles per year are 2.0% and 47%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 Escalade Luxury 4WD are 2.0% and 46%.

The lease rates for 39 month leases of these trucks are the same, but the residual values would be 2% higher.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the whopping $6,750 cash incentive that GM is currently providing on leases of it through Ally into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • benz2779benz2779 Member Posts: 31
    Car_man is this a good deal...?

2011 Escalade AWD Luxury with M.S.R.P of $72,775 and selling price of $66,650. Going through US Bank with $5,550 cash incentives and $3,000 loyalty GM Cash. Has a 44% residual and .00020 money factor. Gave the dealer $2,544.42 including new plates for NY and got a monthly lease payment of $752.04 for 39 months and 12,000 miles per year.

Do you think I could have done any better??
  • abp2abp2 Member Posts: 3
    What is the best lease rate on a 2011 Escalade Luxury or Premium with no money down and 12,000 miles per year? Thanks.
    Hi benz2779. The dealer invoice price of the truck that you are interested in should currently be around $68,106. If you are getting this truck for $66,500 and the dealer is then subtracting the cash incentives from that you are getting one heck of a deal. If the selling price that you mentioned includes the incentives, then not so much.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi abp2. Ally's December base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Cadillac Escalade Luxury or Premium is 2.0%.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the massive $6,750 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • newtobmw18newtobmw18 Member Posts: 4
    Dear Car Man,

My wife currently drives a 08 X5 4.8 pretty much fully loaded. It is a great car, in my opinion, it is one of the best SUV's ever made, especially in the 4.8i configuration. Anyhow, we have 2 year left on our lease and we need to get out of it, in the past few years, we have had 2 babies :) . The X5 is way too small for having 2 babies.

We checked out many cars like the Infiniti QX56 (neither of us liked the ride or the look of the new ones), Q7 (Great SUV but still too small), Navigator (nice but both of us like the Escalade a bit better), I like the new Odysseys a lot but my wife is SO opposed to minivans!

So, we both like the Escalade, is the Base version (non ESV) large enough for us? There is a lease promo on it for $599 plus tax plus $44xx down + license, tax, and other fees which I estimate total driveoff at $6k. This is for the "base" model which still comes real loaded. 39 month lease with about 830 miles per month which is ok with us.

When we lease, we rarely ever pay anything for driveoff, so when you calculate the whole $6k into the monthly payments, it comes out to about $154. $599 original monthly plus $154 = $753. $753 X 1.0975 for CA TAX = $826.42 for the monthly payment. So with $0.00 drive off, monthly payment is $826 including tax. Seems like a good deal compared to before when there was no lease special, but how much room is left to negotiate at the stealership? Can we get the monthly payment down at least $100 to maybe $726 at least?

Your answer will help me when it comes time to negotiate. Thank you Car Man!
  • cooper0098cooper0098 Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2011
    At the end of the year we leased a 2011 Escalade Hybrid.
    Sticker price was $74805
    39 month lease/15,000 miles
    $12,500 down with 38 payment of $600, 6% taxes included
    Dealer included premium wheels that are not standard with the Hybrid.

Also, purchased the Ally Smart Lease protect. Dealer claims that tires are covered under this plan.

Would appreciate your opinion or comments about our deal. Not to sure if we held our own during negotiations.

Thank you
  • wrigleyvillewrigleyville Member Posts: 6
    Negotiated a deal to close on Monday with following terms:
    2011 AWD Premium, 39 month lease, 10K miles per year, 44% residual, MSRP: $75,185
    $2000 down and $850 per month, includes 9% tax and $8 monthly use fee for Chicago
    Hi newtobmw18. Unfortunately, is is probably going to be very expensive to get you out of your X5 lease several years before your scheduled end date. If I was in your situation, I personally would try to make the X5 work with the two babies. My kids are older now, but I used to drive them around in a Subaru Forester and it worked fine.

The Escalade would definitely work better than the X5 for you, but it is going to cost you an arm and a leg to lease one with two years left on your current lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • newtobmw18newtobmw18 Member Posts: 4
    Dear Car Man,

I have exactly 11 months left on my X5. You are right, getting out of a lease is real expensive. However, when I acquired this X5, we were able to locate a "demo" model to lease and the monthly payments are about $200 below what the new one was. It is an 08' 4.8i with Tech, Premium, Sport, Preium Sound, packages that would usually lease for around $950 per month including tax. Mine is at $772 per month including tax .

So, knowing that I can get someone to take over the lease, fairly easily using swapalease, etc, you think it should be ok?

Thanks!
    edited January 2011
    Car Man:

We would appreciate your feedback on how we did on our deal

At the end of the year we leased a 2011 Escalade Hybrid.
    Sticker price was $74805
    39 month lease/15,000 miles
    $12,500 down with 38 payment of $600, 6% taxes included
    Dealer included premium wheels that are not standard with the Hybrid.
    Thanks for the additional information, newtobmw18. If you can find someone who is willing to assume your lease without much cost on your end then you definitely should get something new if you are so inclined.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cooper0098. Do you happen to know what this truck's selling price was? Knowing it would make it much easier for me to evaluate this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Car Man:
    The Selling price of the vehicle was $68777.27
    Dealership tacked on and addl $1339.79 for 1st mnth payment, registration fees and sales tax.
    Dealership then gave me the rebate of $6750.

So I believe the selling price with rebate would have equated to $62027.

Thanks for your opinion
  • sshabajsshabaj Member Posts: 10
    what dealer?
This discussion has been closed.