Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Pilot Lease Questions

Comments

• dylrexdylrex Member Posts: 111
    I'm no expert but I'll give you my opinion.
    You don't mention how many miles per year your parent's offer is for or if it's FWD, 4WD, etc.
    Let's use the below as an example.
    According to Car_man, Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot EX-L FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00039 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

This vehicle has an MSRP of $35,550 and an invoice of $32,573. I would definitely shoot for a selling price of at least invoice, if not lower, and then subtract the $750 dealer cash available this month for a cap cost of $31,823.

Using those numbers I come up with a pretax payment of $380.36. Depending on your states tax rate, I'd think you should be closer to $400 per month, including tax.
    Do they know what the money down is for?
  • rockleaserocklease Member Posts: 2
    Thanks dylrex, this is very helpful. It was for a 2012 EXL 36 months, 12k.
    I'm trying to get all of the details about the down payment from them but they don't have the papers. (They are picking up the car and signing off next week.) So you think they should be paying somewhere in the neighborhood of $400 with no money done, right?

Thanks Again!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi cabledog. The dealer invoice price of the truck that you described is $34,033. If we subtract the $750 dealer cash that was available on this model last month from that, the invoice price drops to $33,283. The selling price that you were quoted is even lower than that, so that aspect of your deal looks great.

The money factor and residual value that you mentioned don't make sense, but your payment looks great and that's ultimately the most important number.

I'm glad that your wife likes your new vehicle...that's even more important than the payment ;) .

Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, sportsmomtotwo. Honda Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot EX-L 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00039 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This program is scheduled to run through September 4th. It's difficult to say what the September program will look like at this point.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rocklease. Do you know what this truck's selling price is? That number would make it much easier for me to evaluate this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • cdtotten17cdtotten17 Member Posts: 6
    My friend was the UCGM at a local Honda dealership and has worked out a deal for me on a new HOnda. I wanted to see if this a decent deal or not.

2012 Honda Pilot AWD EX-L (no res or navi).

Lease payment included all taxes/fees/etc. is $445/month for 12k miles a year (36 month lease).

This sound reasonable?
  • jroyhondajroyhonda Member Posts: 3
    Terrible. Check out http://www.weymouthhonda.com/lease and use their calculator to get a feel for what you should be able to get without even negotiating. Good luck
  • hondapilot83hondapilot83 Member Posts: 1
    2 years ago, I leased a 2010 Pilot touring for 2k down 450/month including taxes and all my services for the vehicle. I recently brought in the Pilot early to see if I could get into a new one. I was able to turn in my leased pilot and civic,both which had 8 months left on the lease for a 2012 pilot touring ,12k / yr no money out of pocket 405/month no services.
  • katinpsychkatinpsych Member Posts: 4
    Looking to lease either a 2012 or 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L. This San Diegan dealer was the cheapest I could find in Southern California:

2012 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD lease for 36 months and 12K miles a year:

Sale price: $33,495

DMV: $353.75
    First payment: $451.64
    Acquisition fee: $595.00
    Doc fee: $80.00
    Tax: $6.20

Monthly payment: $451.64

Is this a good deal? Any one know if the lease rates will be much higher for the 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L?
    Just found out that it was NOT a true 0 down. There is a $1487 drive off. The monthly payment of $451 includes all taxes/fees.

Carman- does this sound good to you? I have used tactics learned on this website and have quotes from all over So Cal (Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside, and San Diego) and this was the lowest I could get it.

We are ready to sign the lease (there is only 1 4WD left at this dealership) but I am trying to wait to hear from you or any other expert here! Thanks so much!!
    I have the following quote from a Bay Area dealer. The monthly payment is quite a bit lower than the San Diego dealer (see last post); however, when I compare the money factor, residual, and sale price- they are nearly identical! What accounts for the signficantly lower monthly payment between the two dealers?

Also, I read a former post from Carman that said August numbers for money factor/residual was .00038 and .54. Is the following quote a good enough deal considering his numbers?

2012 Honda Pilot 4WD EXL
    36 month lease with 12k miles per year allowance.
    $0 down payment, $0 first payment, $0 dmv for first year and $0 security deposit ($0 due when you take the vehicle)
    $467.40 per month (payment dropped when I put in the actual county. You must have slightly lower dmv fees)
    Money factor: $.00048
    Residual: 52% ($19318)
    Just drove home my cool new 2012 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD. Silver exterior on grey interior.

Read all the great leasing info on Edmunds, and used their website to send inquiries to nearly 30 dealerships in the San Diego, Los Angeles, and San Francisco areas. Presented the lowest offer I got to other dealers and kept repeating that process until no one was willing to match the lowest offer (not necessarily the lowest sale price- but the lowest money paid by end of lease).

Ended up with a deal from a dealership in Los Angeles:

Sale price: $33,979.31
    0 down, 0 money out the door
    36 mos, 12,000 miles/yr
    Money factor: .00038
    Base monthly payment: $444.27
    Monthly payment with 7.75 tax: $478.70

I did have a lower negotiated sale price and monthly payment deal with a dealership in San Francisco, but they claimed that AHFS wouldn't give me the money factor of .00038 and instead offered .00102 (with income verification required even). So they upped my monthly payment by $33! Not cool especially since I'd already booked a nonrefundable air ticket for $350 to go get the car!

That particular San Francisco dealership claimed that they had absolutely no choice on the money factor because it was stipulated by AHFS and that it would be the exact same money factor regardless of which dealership I went to. Obviously not entirely accurate since the Los Angeles dealership was able to give me the .00038 money factor from AHFS! And both dealerships had used the same credit score (Experian Auto 689).

Anyways, Carman, what do you think of the deal? So Cal is definitely more expensive than Northeast, but was this a decent deal?
  • ptown434ptown434 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Please inform me of September MF and RV on a 2012 Pilot EX-L FW (with & without RES/NAV), 12k & 15K lease for its top credit tier. Also, please let me know of other incentives and cash offers I can take advantage of.

I reside in the Atlanta, GA area. There are great deals on the remaining 2012's and I want to take advantage.

Thanks.
  • cway77cway77 Member Posts: 11
    Hi All,

What a great forum been lurking for a while and very much appreciate all the good info and education from previous posts. Been looking at 12 EX-L and EX 4X4 with not nav or RES. Today I got some more specifics of where the 460/mo payment is coming in on the EX-L as this is what I am really shooting to get. At first they reported teh MF to be .00048 which I initially thought was a typo and then he came back to report that it actually .00032 which I would assume would help my payment. This was the quoted residual with 500 down

EX Residual Value: $19,969.20 = 54%

EX-L Residual Value: $19,229.60 = 52%

There is about $381 in accessories for a wireing harness and wheel locks which I am planning to see if they will throw in? Am I missing something here not calculating out. I have checked that Wymouth Honda lease calulator and im not sure how they can get such low monthly payments but thought I would throw those caculations out there to see if they could get close. Any insight or information would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Hi katinpsych. It looks to me as though you are at around $900 or so over invoice after taking the available incentives into account. Plus the dealer used the buy rate lease money factor to calculate your payment. That's not bad. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go ptown434. Honda Finance's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot EX-L FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00048 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Honda is currently providing $1,000 dealer cash on this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • ptown434ptown434 Member Posts: 2
    What is a reasonable amount to pay for Documentation Fee, Registration Fee, and Lease Acquisition Fees? What have others paid in Georgia?
    Hey ptown434. The registration fee is set by your state, so that is not negotiable. The same goes for the acquisition fee. Honda finance charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. As far as the third fee goes, doc fees are set by dealers. They can be whatever the dealer wants them to be, so the lower the better.

Car_man
    Host
  • singeronesingerone Member Posts: 2
    Hi CarMan,
    What is the money factor and residual for a 39-month lease on both an EX AWD and EX-L AWD. Also, any other incentives offered this month?

Many thanks, in advance!
    Hi singerone. Honda Finance's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot EX AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00048 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 Pilot EX-L AWD are .00048 and 50%.

I provided you with the 36-month numbers for this truck instead of the 39-month numbers because that is the longest term that Honda's special money factors are available for. If you go to 39 months the money factor jumps to .00155.

Car_man
    Host
  • singeronesingerone Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much for the info.

2 more questions: Think you've said that the residual would be 2% higher for a 12,000 mile/year lease, but what is the MF based on a 12,000/year lease? Also, do the MF and residuals change for a 2013? What about the dealer cash incentives?
    You're very welcome singerone. the mileage allowance does not affect the money factor, just the residual value.

The numbers for the 2013 model are different.

Honda Finance's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot EX AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00155 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 Pilot EX-L AWD are .00155 and 55%.

There is no dealer cash on the '13 model yet either.

Car_man
    Host
  • solinsolin Member Posts: 13
    Hello, I am in the market for a Pilot fwd ex-l lease. There is a dealer in Cerritos California where they have it advertised for $349 a month plus tax. This a zero down zero drive off. Don't know a thing about money factor or residual value but if its this low, this sounds like a real good deal. Does anyone think I can find better?

Thank you all in advance.
  • duke90duke90 Member Posts: 1
    I am set to lease a 2012 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD this week (in KS) and am wondering if I am getting a good deal? I would appreciate your opinion.

No added options.
    MSRP - $37,150
    Negotiated Price - $32,500
    3yr 36,000 mile lease
    Money Factor .00048
    With tax and all fees - $3,000 Down/$352.77 mo
    Purchase Option At End $19,318
  • brl72brl72 Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2012
    Interested in leasing a 2012 EX-L 4WD, 10,000 miles a year, no money down. Can you anyone tell me the residual and money factor for this model for October? Also, if anyone can post any deals they have gotten to lease this vehicle in October, it would be most appreciated.
    Hi brl72. Honda Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Pilot EX-L 4WD with 10,000 miles per year are .00048 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,750 dealer cash that is currently available on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    I was offered a Honda Pilot Ex-L, $349+tax and $900 drive off which includes the first payment and all other documentaion for 35 months, 12k miles for 3 years. I have not found any other dealer that will come near this price as of today. I'd love hear any thoughts from anyone here as to whether this is the best deal I can expect .

Thank you in advance.
  • mikeb123mikeb123 Member Posts: 1
    How do I get the 1750 dealer cash incentive? is this nation wide? thanks carman. great information here.
  • chaozz1chaozz1 Member Posts: 49
    On some dealer web sites I see for EX-L..your offer seems few bucks better
    as your 900 down takes off about 30 bucks a month

$390/month for 35 months with $0 due at signing. Special Lease Offer includes down payment with no security deposit. Excludes taxes, titles and fees. Not all buyers may qualify. See dealer for complete details.

FEATURED SPECIAL LEASE: Closed end lease for 2012 Pilot 5 Speed Automatic 2WD EX w/Leather (YF3H5CJNW) available from September 21, 2012 through October 31, 2012, to well-qualified lessees approved by Honda Financial Services. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. MSRP $35,550.00 (includes destination, excludes tax, license, title fees, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Actual net capitalized cost $31,837.53. Net capitalized cost includes $595 acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Total monthly payments $13,650.00. Option to purchase at lease end $18,486.00. Must take new retail delivery on vehicle from dealer stock by October 31, 2012.
    You're welcome mikeb123. This is a national program. Honda pays dealers $1,750 on every Pilot EX they sell during the month. Just make sure to take it into account when negotiating your truck's selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you all for the responses. I went with the 2012, Pilot EX-L, $900 down and $349 a month + tax for 35 months. All fees included and no accessories added. I couldn't find a better deal out there so I'm confident it was not a bad one at the end of the day. The truck drives superbly!
    how this one sound?
    EX-L NAV 4x4
    $1000 down
    $495 a month includes tax
  • tonka858tonka858 Member Posts: 112
    edited November 2012
    Have new numbers for Nov
    really interested if the cash back has gotten better
    Hi tonka858. In November Honda is providing $1,000 dealer cash on all 2012 Pilot models plus an additional $750 on Touring, EX and EX-L models.

Honda Finance's November buy rate lease money factor for the 2012 Pilot is .00022 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    edited November 2012
    After deal did not work on 2012

picked up 2013 EL-L Nav 4WD
    488 including tax lease with first month payment and tags only
    3 year 12 miles buy out is 21k and change
  • enthusiastdreenthusiastdre Member Posts: 51
    Hi Car_Man,
    Could you please post the residual value and money factor for the 2013 Pilot LX 2WD and EX 2WD models? Thank you.
    Hi enthusiastdre. Honda Finance's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Pilot LX 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00022 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 Pilot EX 2WD are .00022 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
  • matchoo77matchoo77 Member Posts: 1
    Hi....I'm new to the forum - I'm looking to get rid of my '04 Pilot EX-L, and replace it with a new one. What should I be paying for a monthly lease with zero down?

Thanks!
  • fhmd1fhmd1 Member Posts: 1
    I am wondering about residual and money factor for 3/36 lease.
    Thanks very much.
    Hello fhmd1. Honda Finance's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Pilot EX-L Touring 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00022 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • teetee316teetee316 Member Posts: 2
    Was trying to get some opinions about a $600 month lease, no money down on a 2013 Honda pilot touring...is it a good deal?
    edited November 2012
    This is a EX-L NAV 4WD (What I bought)
    The (3)yr 12k mile Honda Lease on this Pilot would be as follows:

Drive – offs @ $936.60 which includes your First Payment and monthly payment @$452.95 plus Sales Tax/Lic/Fees = around
    $488.00 depending on your Tax Base.

msrp was 39 final sale price was 36,300

Max you should be is $550 if you qualify for tier 1 credit.
  • bebo2014bebo2014 Member Posts: 6
    Just leased 2013 pilot touring 4WD for $507 with $0 first month and $0 start up fee. 36 months, 12,000 miles/year
    No it is not. Just leased 2013 pilot touring 4WD for $507 with $0 first month and $0 start up fee. 36 months, 12,000 miles/year
    how you get 6 grand off that?
    I usually call all dealers within 100 miles and ask them to beat each other's price. Worked every time I leased a car. Could not resist the offer. I had to drive 80 miles to get the car
  • wallstreet1234wallstreet1234 Member Posts: 41
    I never leased a vehicle before so I was curious what will happen as I get closer to my return date.

Will they give me a chance before turning it in to repair what they find wrong?

How much does honda allow money wise worth of damage? I have none now but who knows what will happen.

Thank you.
    they give either 500 or 1500 in forgiveness on wear..

if you have damage like cracked bumper, you will need to fix it, they only ignore small stuff
  • hammieboyhammieboy Member Posts: 2
    Hello. We are looking at the 2013 Pilot LX and have a dealer offering the following numbers. We'd love some feedback...It is an LPP deal in SC (if that matters!)
    MSRP 30,250
    Price 28,050
    $1500 down
    Rate :1.37
    No payment for first 45 days
    36 months
    Payment is $295

If we put $0 down the payment would be around 330
    Thoughts? Advice?
    Thanks so much for any help!
  • gman1957gman1957 Member Posts: 64
    Shop around...