Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti M37 M56 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    chinbkimchinbkim Member Posts: 2
    2010 M35 X with tech MSRP $52800 platinum graphite with black interior.

$609 a month (includes tax rolled in) with $1300 due at signing (includes 1st month, bank fees, tire fees, MVC fees, doc fees etc) for 10K a year/39 months

I got all season mats thrown in too :-).

BTW, I LOVE this car...
  • Options
    carbokcarbok Member Posts: 11
    Car_Man

Are you numbers correct?

IFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 M35 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00004 and 49%, respectively

The .00004 seems way to low. But if its correct it might put me in a M35x instead of a G37x
  • Options
    imabumimabum Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man, what about 12K miles/yr and 36 mos? What would one expect to see number-wise? Is it the same money factor as the 15K lease? What would the residual be? Over 50%? I'm looking at an M35 Sport with Technology Package.
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Oh yes, carbok, that incredibly low money factor is indeed correct. In fact, Infiniti slashed it by another 25% this month to .00003 ;) .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Hey imabum. Infiniti Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Infiniti M35 Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00012 and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    tennis11tennis11 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman, seems you know a lot about the M...Thoughts on buying or leasing (16K) an '10 M35 - looking at buying/leasing the M35, 5-series or MB e-class...Have an E-350 now, love it but seems pricier compared to new M35 and the rebates.
  • Options
    ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    tennis11...if you are thinking of leasing any of the cars you mentioned, please read about multiple security deposits in this forum (most posts by me). Remember: put no money down on a lease (that also means don't apply your trade in allowance to the lease...) and, if you can afford it, take the maximum multiple security deposits allowed (apply any trade in allowance to MSD's not money down..

(just to whet your appetite, multiple security deposits effectively pay you over 10% on your money vs having it sit in the bank earning maybe 1% if you are lucky).
  • Options
    gkazgkaz Member Posts: 18
    My 2007 M35x is coming up on end of lease in mid March.

I expect to have 29k miles on it by then. Lease is with Infiniti Finance. Residual on my lease agreement is $27,880 and there is a $150 purchase option fee. Two questions:

1) Is the $27,880 a fair price for the car at this point?

2) Has anyone seen Infiniti negotiate end of lease purchases?

For reference my M35x is configured as follows: Diamond Graphite/Graphite/Rosewood, Advanced Tech Package, Sirius Radio, HID Headlights, Trunk Mat.

I have my pre-inspection next week and don't expect anything significant. Also, I'm under miles allotment (29k vs 45k).

Thanks in advance for answers and insights.
  • Options
    jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    They are discounting the 2010's -- the buyout is higher than I would pay but if you really love it it might make sense. They won't negotiate but you can shop it as a trade in on a new one and try to get a feww grand over buyout.
  • Options
    sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    Maybe late, but here is my 2 cents.

Price is about right (retail) since you kept the miles so low, as for a trade I would suspect you will get about $23,000 - so if you don't buy it, turning it in is better than trying to trade it.

Secondly, IFS does NOT negotiate end of leas purchases with the customer. They may give the dealer you turn it into a lower price, who could then turn around and sell it back to you - but that is a longshot. IFS won't negotiate, their stance is you got to enjoy the low payments since the residual was so high, so now you have to pay the high residual - can't have both.

2010 leases are awesome right now - especially since you will get a $2000 Loyalty Rebate... :)
  • Options
    gkazgkaz Member Posts: 18
    Sewellgsm - thanks for the insights! I still have 6 weeks before I have to make a decision and still haven't decided what to do....may have to go check out he 2010's.
  • Options
    nrwaynenrwayne Member Posts: 45
    This is my second M35. My lease is up at the end of May. Having seen some of the information about the new M, which was originally supposed to be available in the spring, I'm wondering if that will in fact be the case. If there's a delay, I'd extend if IFS will allow for such a thing. If not, I may use my other car for awhile and either wait for the hybrid version or consider a different brand. I've been happy with my 2008, which is a substantial improvement over the 2006, but it's time for a change and, I hope, a car with better gas mileage. I get mid to high teens around town and low to mid 20s on the road. Any information about prospective availability of the 2011 M will be greatly appreciated. ;)
  • Options
    alfstinky1alfstinky1 Member Posts: 92
    Hi CarMan,

Shopping by phone for a 2010 M35X TECH. I qualify for $2000 loyalty. I was quoted $485 a month for either a 36 or 39 month 10K lease. This figure is with me paying all costs up front including sales tax, MV, doc, bank fee, 1 mo. lease payment ect. The MSRP is $52,435. My question to the dealer was, "shouldn't the monthly lease price be lower on a 36mo versus a 39 mo.?" The dealer is telling me no. I don't have the IFS Feb. numbers so I can't really tell him he's wrong. Could you please provide these rates? Thank you.
  • Options
    Hi tennis11. You certainly have good taste :). All of the cars that you are interested in are outstanding. If money was no object, I would personally go with the 5, then the E, then the M in that order. Of course, money is always an object...at least to me. I haven't crunched the numbers on what the payments for these cars would be like right now, but I would be happy to do so for you if you provide me with the MSRP and approximate selling price (or at least invoice price) of the exact models that you are considering. That pricing data is available over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi nrwayne. Infiniti has already published a lease program for the 2011 M37 and M56, so if they aren't available at dealers already they should be very soon.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Greetings alfstinky1. Generally speaking you are correct, 39-month leases usually have payments that are slightly lower than otherwise equivalent 36-month leases. Of course, there are exceptions to every rule. Here's the numbers that you're interested in.

Infiniti Financial Services' current 36 month, 10,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2010 M35X Tech are .00003 and 50%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00036 and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    hellye1hellye1 Member Posts: 23
    Car_man, you've mentioned that Infiniti has already published a lease program for the 2011 M37 and M56,
    I can't seem to find any details on that. Please provide detals. Thanks.
  • Options
    nrwaynenrwayne Member Posts: 45
    My dealer called yesterday to learn about my intentions after my lease is up (April). He said the 2011M will be available at the end of March and that they would send me numbers for the new lease within the next week or two. Should be interesting. Both my 2006 M and 2008 M have been for 24 months since the shorter period was a better deal than 36 months. Whether it'll be a third M for me will depend on the numbers and the lease term. If the only reasonable option is 36 months, I wonder whether I'll be comfortable with that long a span of dealing with the M's high thirst for gas. Perhaps the seven-speed will be a bit easier at the pump, but I suspect I'd be happier waiting for the hybrid version which is probably a year or so away. If Nissan remains aggressive in its quest to get more Ms out the door, that'll be helpful. In the alternative, I may consider a Genesis or perhaps use my other car while waiting for an opportunity that makes sense.
  • Options
    gericogerico Member Posts: 24
    Looking to lease a 2010 M35 with Technology Pkg.
    What is the current MF and RV for a 39 month 15k/yr lease ?
    Dealer is telling me it's .00045 and 47%

Is 39 month the best deal right now ?

Also, what are the total dealer incentives ?

We have an 08 G35 Sedan now, so we'll get the $2k loyalty

Thanks for the help !
  • Options
    nrwayne....you and I have done the identical...2006M and 2008M on 24 mo leases with max MSD's. My lease is up in June and I have the same problem. I'm pretty tired of the M and absolutely hate the 2008 nav system which forces you to start every address with state, etc....and then locks you out from important options when the car is moving. If the 2011 has this nav system, I will not get another M.

I'm strongly considering the Jaguar XK, MB e350 or the BMW 5. (possibly an Audi as well). If BMW continues with their fixed door post mount on the seatbelt, that eliminates the car because it will cut my wife's head off in a crash (she's short). One fallback is a Cadillac, however the seat bottom is uncomfortably short. I guess I'm talking myself into the E350 or the XK.....but we'll see.
  • Options
    Working on a 39 month 15k/year lease deal
    Dealer won't give me his number until I come in

Here's the car I'm looking at:
    2010 M35 with Tech Pkg, Splash Guards and Carpeted Trunk Mat
    MSRP is $50,285
    Invoice is $46,253
    The 3.58% VPP Discount would be $1,655.86
    My Lease Loyalty Discount is $2,000
    Those two bring the Cap Cost down too $42,597.14

Edmunds shows two Dealer Discounts
    Sell Down Dealer Cash of $2,000
    Lease Dealer Cash of $500
    Using those two, the Cap Cost would come down to $40,097.14

The dealer is giving me the following lease numbers:
    Money Factor of 0.00045
    Residual Value of 47%

Using those numbers I'm coming up with this payment
    Depreciation - $422.13
    Rent/Interest - $28.61
    3% NC Sales Tax - $13.52
    Total Payment = $464.26

Do all these numbers look correct ?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,316
    I don't know the numbers, but I think that NC taxes the selling price of the car, not the monthly payment...

So, add about $1200 on to your cap cost (for the tax), and rerun your numbers....

Also.. don't be surprised if the sell-down cash and lease loyalty cash are mutually exclusive... (no idea, but I've seen that in the past).

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    We have an '08 G35 Sedan lease now.
    The tax is on the payment.

Do you know if the MF and RV rates are correct ?

Thanks,
    Clay
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,316
    I'm sorry.. I don't..

Car_man is the leasing expert that has access to the program numbers... He should be around periodically to answer those questions.

Interesting about the tax, though...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    This is what it says on Edmunds about the $2k Sell Down Dealer Cash:

$2000 Cash to Dealer start: 01/05/2010 end: 03/01/2010
    Get Dealer Pricing Restrictions
    $2,000 Sell Down Dealer Cash is available towards the purchase or lease of a 2010 M35 or M45.
    Cash is compatible with special APR, Core or Lease programs.
    See your dealer for details.
  • Options
    MSRP is $50,120
    Using VPP discount, Lease Loyalty and all Dealer discounts.
    Purchase Price of $40,010.48
    Adding all fees into the lease:
    Infiniti Lease Acq Fee - $595
    Dealer Doc Fee - $599
    Tag/Title - $167
    Total Cap Cost - $41,371.48
    39 Month Lease with 15k miles per year
    Monthly Payment with 3% tax - $500.00
    Cash at closing - $500.00 (First Payment)

Infiniti's nationally advertised deal on this car is $539/month with $3,999 down
    I'm saving over $5k off that deal

Special thanks to Joe and Canaan !
    That VPP discount saved me almost $45/month

Dealer is also including their "Value Package" at no cost, normally $995
    It includes:
    Wheel Locks
    Nitrogen Filled Tires
    Invisible Door Edge Guards
    Tinted Side and Rear Windows
    Free Service Loaner Cars
    Free Car Washes with Service
    One year subscription to MyStar Personal Assistant Service
  • Options
    I'd be happy to, hellye1. Infiniti's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you're interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different.

Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 M37 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00222 and 59%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 M56 2WD are .00193 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi gerico. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted are right on the money. I haven't crunched the numbers, but I suspect that a 39-month lease provides the best balance between a reasonable term and a low payment right now.

Infiniti is currently providing a total of $2,500 in cash incentives on leases of the '10 M35. Since you are a current Infiniti owner, you would be eligible for another $2,000 on top of that.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Gerico, the money factor and residual value that you were quoted on this deal are indeed correct.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Thanks for the response. I'm interested in M37 2wd with premium and sports packages, 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year.
    What would the numbers be for that?
  • Options
    rjdoc74rjdoc74 Member Posts: 16
    Hi everyone,

Great info on this forum. I am looking into leasing a 2010 M given great FD incetives, but I have a question for leasing experts. I am currently in a lease on a 2008 G37 which I would like to trade in for a new lease. My pay off amount shows $28,213.57 in the infiniti financial website. The trade in value according to KBB is $28,050. Do you think it would be possible for me to come out even on a trade and still get a good deal on the M lease? Any strategy/advise would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    bookman05bookman05 Member Posts: 6
    Thank you for any help in advance:

I am coming out of a 2008 M35x lease next month. I understand that there is an additional $2000 "Lease Loyalty Money" if I re-lease with Infiniti. If I decide to purchase a new 2010 Infiniti, does that $2000 also apply to a purchase rather than a lease transaction?
  • Options
    I don't think you can use the Lease Loyalty if you purchase.
    I just leased an M35 with Tech Pkg.
    Used VPP to get invoice pricing less 3.58%
    Plus my $2,000 Lease Loyalty Money
    And $2,500 in Dealer Discounts
    39 Month Lease with 15k/year
    Rolled the upfront fees into the lease, they were $1,371
    Payment with 0 down came out to $500
    All I paid at delivery was the first months payment.
    Buyout at the end of the lease is $23,556
    I think you're better off to lease first and buy later.
    If I bought the car with 0 down the payment would have been $627 for 6 years
  • Options
    No changes this month.

10 M35: $2500 w/ lease plus $2000 Lease Loyalty Rebate (if you own an Infiniti)
    10 M45: $2000 w/ lease plus $2000 Lease Loyalty Rebate (if you own an Infiniti)

11 M37: 55% for 39 month 15k
    11 M56: 53% for 39 month 15k

Hope this helps. :)

PS In Texas, Sales Tax Credits on 2010 models
  • Options
    e325rkhe325rkh Member Posts: 71
    I received the following for a 2010 M35x with tech:

39 months / 12K miles
    48% residual
    0.00063 Money factor

Is this correct?
  • Options
    It may be hard not to lease a 2011 M when my lease expires on my 2008....even though I'm tired of the car.
  • Options
    lengelberglengelberg Member Posts: 6
    Are there MF and residual numbers for the 2011 M37x yet? Is there loyalty money?
  • Options
    48% is correct....money factor depends on credit....
  • Options
    Yes, 39 month/15k = 55%

Yes, $1000 Lease Loyalty
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    No problem. Infiniti Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 M37 Sedan 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00188 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hi rjdoc74. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market (I suspect that the KBB trade-in value that you saw is a little optimistic).

Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle, consumers usually are.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hello bookman05. Unfortunately, the next poster is correct. The $2,000 loyalty cash offer is only available on IFS leases. Don't feel too bad though because Infiniti is providing a whopping total of $7,000 dealer cash on purchases of this car in March. That's a lot better than the $2,000 on leases ($4,000 with the loyalty).

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    klappumsklappums Member Posts: 2
    My '08 G35X lease is up this month. Thinking of getting a deal on a leftover '10 M35X w/Nav. What is the best price I should expect to get with $0 down (NY Taxes).
  • Options
    You should be able to buy it for $39,313.42

Here's how I'm coming up with that price:
    MSRP with Tech Pkg and Dest Chg - $52,165
    Invoice - $48,033
    Cash to Dealer - $7,000
    VPP Discount - $1,719.58
    Net after discounts - $39,313.42
    Total off of MSRP - $12,851.58

The VPP discount is only good thru the end of this month.
    It gives you invoice pricing less 3.58%
    Dealer still makes 5% plus any holdbacks
  • Options
    klappumsklappums Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, what do you think a 39 mo. 10k mile lease should cost.
  • Options
    So what would a lease deal be if
    MSRP is $54,000(with options) and 12,000 miles per year are .00188 money factor and 58% residual?
  • Options
    First...no one knows what the rates will be in April....

You don't specify how long a lease you want....I'll assume 36 mos.

You don't give a negotiated purchase price so I'll just assume you pay invoice.

You'll pay about $673 per month plus tax. If you negotiate the price down due to loyalty (you don't say this either) or any marketing money available in April (we don't know that either), then your monthly cost will, of course, go down.

You could lower this monthly cost to $608 per month if you loan Infiniti approx $5000 for the length of your lease. That's called multiple security deposits...and you get it back at the end of your lease. Search thru this forum for explanations. I'm going to bet that if you have $5000 sitting in the bank that you could loan infiniti, that you couldn't make $2340 on that money over the next 36 months yourself...and that's what you'll save by loaning them the money. It is NOT a down payment!!!!! it is a security deposit.
  • Options
    blastphemyblastphemy Member Posts: 34
    Does anyone have information for money factor and residual value on a 24-month, 12,000-mile M56 lease? Does this differ if one is using the VPP program? Will your numbers carry over into April?

BTW, just test-drove an M56 in SoCal over the weekend and it was as good as advertised! Didn't include the Deluxe Touring Package or Technology Package, though, so I can't speak to how much more comfortable and enjoyable those might make the car. Didn't have Sport Package either.

BTW, invoice on an M56 w/Premium, Touring, Technology, splash guards, illuminated kick plates, black grille, cargo mat/net, and destination charge is $60,751 (MSRP of $66,345).
  • Options
    blastphemyblastphemy Member Posts: 34
    Responding to @gerico:

According to www.insidenissan.com, the 3.58% employee pricing is not applicable to the 2011 M, unfortunately. But at least one dealership locally is accepting VPP on both the M37 and M56 at 1.65% below invoice.
  • Options
    Hi blastphemy. Infiniti's lease program is the exactly the same for VPP and non-VPP deals. The selling price that is used to calculate your car's monthly payment would just be lower on a VPP.

Infiniti Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 M56 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00235 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This program is only scheduled to run through March 31st. It is difficult to say what the April program will be like at this point.

Car_man
    Host