Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Toyota Tundra Lease Questions

Comments

• ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    Sorry I didn't get back to you before you leased. Was the $700 for drive offs or was it utilized towards reducing your cap cost? At first glance, I'd say you did pretty good based on the numbers available through Toyota at this time.

Enjoy the truck!
  • mcb3mcb3 Member Posts: 2
    Carman,

I live in Oklahoma and was recently quoted a Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7 4x4.

Details:
    MSRP Base: $42,835
    Installed Options: $1,890.00
    Total: 44,725.00

Residual Value: 47%
    Money Factor: .00265
    Cap Cost: $33,163
    Mileage: 12K per year

In Oklahoma we Pay Tax, Title, and License and they included it in the deal probably around $1300.

Quoted: 0 down $553/mo on 36 mo.

I figured it at around $480/mo. What did I do wrong? and is this a good deal for my region given this information.

Thanks
  • mcb3mcb3 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry,

There cost they gave me was $ 42,163.
  • rlaryrlary Member Posts: 18
    I think I would want to work the purchase numbers.
  • stef3stef3 Member Posts: 25
    I kept on delaying the lease of my truck but I think now is the right time.
    You have been a good "teacher" in the past but I still need your help.
    I am trying to get one of these Tundra Limited 4x4

First choice VIN number 5TFBV58158X060301 ( MSRP $41520 )

Second choice VIN number 5TFBV58178X068271 ( MSRP $42140)

If you could run the numbers for a 36Month/15000 Miles lease tax rate 7.75%,
    I will be greatful until the end of this year :)))

One more question : can you ID a California dealer by this dealer number?
    110-04066

Thank you!!!
    Stef3,

I don't know which dealer that is, sorry.

I have the info and I'll run the numbers in the morning.

Hang tight for a few hours... I need to get some sleep.
    Vehicle # 1:

MSRP: $41,520.00
    Invoice: $37,699.00
    Residual: $19,485 (47%)
    Terms: 36 mo / 15k annual miles
    MF: .00016-.00066 (ask your dealer what the buy rate for tier 1+ is in your region)
    Incentives: $1000 Bonus Cash (compatible with leases)

If they capped the cost at invoice, then utilize the $1000 bonus cash as a down payment, with OC sales tax (7.75%), you'd be OTD for $524.91/mo.

Now, the dealer has another $775 in holdback, and $387 in wholesale financial reserve - basically, another $1162 of profit for you to work with. If they give you all of that + the $1000 lease cash, you'd be at $489.93/mo.

These lease figures assume a .00016 mf (if available in your region), and do NOT include TFS's acquisition fee of $550. This fee can be rolled in or paid as part of your inceptions.

In addition, this vehicle has an ad fee of $300 (TDA) and a gasoline charge of $10 on the factory invoice - just FYI.

Now, if you decide to purchase, the rebate is $5500, or 0% + $1000 Bonus Cash. If you took the rebate and if the dealer gave you all of his hb and wfr, you'd be almost net $10,500 off MSRP. Again, just FYI.

I'm tired... I'll run the numbers on Vehicle #2 in the morning.
    The dealer wanted $570 for this one so I have some room to bargain today.
    =========================================================

For the second truck 5TFBV58178X068271 ( MSRP $42140) I will ask if he will add some options - stainless side steps, aluminum shift knob, sport pedals and exhaust tip -around $800

I think I should offer $510 out the door with $800 down and let's see what happens..
    I have all day to make a decision so just take your time.

Thank you again
    Vehicle # 2:

MSRP: $42,140.00
    Invoice: $38,353.00
    Residual: $19,610 (47%)
    MF: .00016-.00066 (ask your dealer what the buy rate for tier 1+ is in your region)
    Incentives: $1000 Bonus Cash (compatible with leases)

If they capped the cost at invoice, then utilize the $1000 bonus cash as a down payment, with OC sales tax (7.75%), you'd be OTD for $540.88/mo.

Now, the dealer has another $775 in holdback, and $387 in wholesale financial reserve - basically, another $1172 of profit for you to work with. If they give you all of that + the $1000 lease cash, you'd be at $505.60/mo.

These lease figures assume a .00016 mf (if available in your region), and do NOT include TFS's acquisition fee of $550. This fee can be rolled in or paid as part of your inceptions. If by chance the money factor being utilized in this region is .00060, your payment would be $567.89 and $532.05 respectively, depending on a cap cost of invoice, or invoice less $1172 (hb, wfr, gas).

In addition, this vehicle has an ad fee of $400 (TDA) and a gasoline charge of $10 on the factory invoice - just FYI.

Toyota lease rates are hard to keep track of as they vary quite a bit by region, but either way, as long as they fall within the range I gave you, from an apr perspective, you're still making out with either 0.38% or 1.44% - both very low!

As for the add on's, not sure how much, if any of that stuff can be residulized.

Good luck and keep us posted!
    Btw...

-DEALER NUMBER : 04018 DEALER NAME: CLAREMONT TOYOTA

-DEALER NUMBER : 04066 DEALER NAME: DCH TOYOTA OF OXNARD
    Now this really pisses me off ... the suckers keep on telling me that they have no problem selling this trucks and they will not accept anything less than $599 with $1200 down for the truck as is.
    I just pulled out a $51000 BMW for 604/mo with $1800 down with same lease terms so I refuse to pay almost the same for this $42000 truck.
    I offered them $510 pls tax and $1000 down and no way ....
    I cannot locate another truck with same color and specs so it looks that I will wait for the 2009 models. I am tired of this BS.

Thank you for all your help ...
    Thanks ocautoseeker for the dealer codes ... I did some research and I got to this ...

http://www.toyotadealerresponse.com/results.aspx

If you want to know where your truck really is when a dealer is locating it for you just make a note of the actual dealer code when you look on the papers they present you and you might have another chance to work out a price instead of taking the offer from the dealer you are at ...
    I am in ZIP Code 91730, have tier1+ credit, they used 0.00016 as money factor.
    I just checked my e-mail and got another offer from sales guy at 548.44 with 1200 down.
    Now this gets closer to what you were saying but they managed to screw up my day and I did not answer yet. What do you think about this offer?

Should I push back with what you were saying? Cap the cost at invoice, then utilize the $1000 bonus cash as a down payment, tax (7.75%), OTD for $540.88/mo.

I will sleep on it ...
    Okay cool, you were able to confirm the money factor. Is the $1200 your drive offs (1st payment, dmv's, etc.), or do they want $1200 as a down payment/cap cost reduction?

Which truck are we dealin' with? If you're talking about #1 ($41,520), If they cap the cost/sell you the vehicle at invoice ($37,699), then add in the $550 acquisition fee, and utilize the bonus cash as a down payment, you're otd for $541.47/mo. Only thing due upfront should be 1st month payment + dmv's.
    Now I am talking about :

Vehicle # 2:

MSRP: $42,140.00
    Invoice: $38,353.00
    Residual: $19,610 (47%)
    MF: .00016

At this point I do not know what they want to use the $1200 for .... but something is still not right ....
    This vehicle, if sold at invoice and rolling the $550 acquisition fee into the lease, then using the $1000 lease cash as a cap cost reduction/down payment, you're looking at $557.43/mo OTD. Only 1st mo + dmv's to be paid upfront.

One tip... they just ended their month on a busy holiday weekend which is why they might not have been very aggressive - now they have another 30 days of optimism. You don't want to be anywhere near a car dealer over the weekends and especially on holidays.

Hit me back if you need anymore advice, or shoot me an e-mail if you would like to see the factory invoice.
    No luck for me this weekend.
    I called offering $570 and $1000 down but they did not confirm over the phone if they would agree or not and asked me to go there.
    I was too pissed so I decided to give up.

BTW ... I sent you an e-mail ...

Probably this week I will look into a CrewMax because finding the color and options I want are hard to find in Double Cab ... not many left on the market.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi mcb3. It is virtually impossible for consumers to accurately calculate a monthly payment for a lease through Toyota Financial Services. This is because unlike most other banks TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized. This renders its residual value percentages practically useless. So much so that Toyota actually provides its dealers with lists of the actual dollar residual values for every vehicle that they have in stock rather than relying upon them to calculate them using the percentages. So while TFS' residual value for this truck is 47%, its effective dollar residual value is probably less than that.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • moatdaddymoatdaddy Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone, i am currently on my second deployment (Iraq) and when i return need to gear up for my third(Afghanistan). It has come to my attention that due to the Soldiers and Sailors Act a lease may be returned early without penalty if you have deployment orders. Here are my questions.

1. When getting a lease what is the best method to obtain the lowest monthly payment without a large down payment?

2. Do i have to return the leased vehicle to the same dealership?

3. How will the mileage apply if i turn in the truck mid lease?

To all those who respond thank you for your time and insight. All help will be greatly appreciated.

CW2 Brad
    Mosul, Iraq
  • bmwk75sbmwk75s Member Posts: 21
    First and foremost, let me thank you for your service. I don't think that can be said enough.

Second, I believe that the SSCRA provides you the ability to end a lease early, but only if you entered into that lease and made at least one payment prior to active duty.

I would suggest looking at something like leasetrader.com to find someone with a Tundra who wants to get out of their lease early. You can take over their lease payments and turn it in at the end of the scheduled lease term. Check the fine print closely before agreeing to anything.

Good luck.

Ben
  • eaglejoeeaglejoe Member Posts: 3
    Can someone give me the MF, residual, and expected sales price on one of these with a 36 month 36,000 lease. Using the numbers (MF and Residual and the TMV value for this truck) for the Lease special on the CrewMax I came up with a very low payment for this lease, am I crazy or are they giving these away, please help.
    Hi eaglejoe. Toyota's lease program varies depending upon which one of its twelve regions one is in. I would be happy to give you an idea of what this truck's current lease money factor and residual value are like if you let me know what state you are in. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • eaglejoeeaglejoe Member Posts: 3
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the additional information, eaglejoe. Tennessee is in Toyota's Cincinnati region. If you were to lease a 2010 Tundra CrewMax 4WD Platinum through Toyota Financial Services in that area right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00005 and 57%, respectively.

The problem with the residual value that I mentioned is that it is for base models. TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized, making it difficult for consumers to calculate sample payments on specific models on their own.

Car_man
    Host
  • needatruck1needatruck1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car man,
    I'm looking to lease either a 4WD Tundra Double cab 4.6 V8, or a 5.7 V8 depending on the residual values of a 36 month 12,000 mile lease. I know the current money factor is .00005, but I'm having trouble finding the residuals. Can you help me out?
  • b206driverb206driver Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car man-
    I am considering leasing a Tundra. My region is Arizona and Toyota lists a model 8331 (Dbl cab, 4WD, 5.7 engine) for $359 per month with $2999 down. The downpayment (or cap cost reduction) breaks down as follows: $2640 down plus first months payment and no security. The dealer was indicating a bank fee of $695, but the Toyota website makes no mention of a bank or acquisition fee. Is there such a fee, or was the dealer trying to rip me off?
    Hi needatruck1. Toyota Financial Services' current residual value for a 36 month lease of any 2010 Tundra Double Cab 4WD with 12,000 miles per year is 56%.

The problem with this residual value is that TFS only publishes residual values for base models. It places restrictions upon what options can be residualized, making its real world residual values lower than its published percentages appear. This also makes it difficult for individual consumers to work up sample payments on their own.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi b206driver. Toyota Financial Services definitely charges an acquisition fee, of I believe $650, on every vehicle that it leases. you can either pay that charge at lease signing or toll it into your vehicle's capitalized cost to make it part of your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • exdodgeexdodge Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,

Thinking about switching from a Ram to a Tundra but want to make sure I am getting a good deal.

2012 Tundra double cab
    TRD Package
    SR5 Package
    Remote Start and Alarm
    Backup camera

MSRP - 38700

They are offering me a 3 year lease of $325 a month and a $19600 option to buy at the end which breaks down to:

$34600 for the truck
    $5000 trade in for my 04 hemi
    $2000 down payment

I just want to make sure I am not getting worked over.

Thanks everyone!!
  • tulane41tulane41 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car man,

I am looking at a couple Crew Max Tundra specials, and I was hoping you could tell me the current money factor and residuals on a Crew Max (if the model makes a difference) at either 10,000 or 12,000 miles per year.

I've been trying to reverse engineer one of their current offers, but I want to have better than a ballpark when I start to negotiate.

Thanks in advance!

Mike
  • pvtcablepvtcable Member Posts: 7
    hello, I strongly suggest do not buy or lease a flex fuel Toyota vehicle at this point.there is an ignition problem that they are not telling anybody about and there is no fixed yet as of today. If you are thinking of buying or leasing a Toyota vehicle I strongly suggest that if not be a flex fuel motor.there is a problem regardless what they tell you and they will not stand behind it once you sign on the dotted line regardless of the amount you spend or how long you been a repeat customer.
  • nomad317nomad317 Member Posts: 111
    edited September 2014
    Looking for Residual & MF on 2014 4WD Tundra; 1794, Platinum, and Double-Cab Limited for 36mo/12k (or 10k if available) in Indiana. Thanks in advance.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    nomad317 said:

Looking for Residual & MF on 2014 4WD Tundra; 1794, Platinum, and Double-Cab Limited for 36mo/12k (or 10k if available) in Indiana. Thanks in advance.

.00088 MF and 63% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• nomad317nomad317 Member Posts: 111
    Looking for November MF, Residual and any lease cash on a 2014 Tundra 4x4 Double-Cab Limited in Indiana; 24mo/12k and 36mo/12k. Thank you.
    nomad317 said:

Looking for November MF, Residual and any lease cash on a 2014 Tundra 4x4 Double-Cab Limited in Indiana; 24mo/12k and 36mo/12k. Thank you.

In some areas of the country..

.00012 MF and 70% residual
    .00048 MF and 60% residual..

No clue on whether those rates will be good in Indiana, though.. we have very limited Toyota information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cjs6cjs6 Member Posts: 10
    Hi there, can I get the current residual, money factor, and any lease incentives you know of for a 2014 Tundra 4x4 CrewMax SR5 in the New Hampshire/Mass area? 24 months / 15k miles.

Also, do you know if they offer higher mileage? 17 or 18k? Does that affect the residual a lot? Thank you!
    cjs6 said:

Hi there, can I get the current residual, money factor, and any lease incentives you know of for a 2014 Tundra 4x4 CrewMax SR5 in the New Hampshire/Mass area? 24 months / 15k miles.

Also, do you know if they offer higher mileage? 17 or 18k? Does that affect the residual a lot? Thank you!

I can't guarantee these numbers are good in your area, but in some areas of the country, it's .00048 MF and 70% residual.

For over 15K/yr, you'll probably have to pay upfront or reduce the residual on a per/mile basis ($0.10-$0.20 per mile, most likely)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cstowecstowe Member Posts: 101
    Any ideas on MF or what kind of deal I could get on a new Tundra? Interested in a CrewMax Limited 4x4 but am flexible on options after that. I am in OK and the Toyota website has some deals on a purchase 0.0% finance with $2K cash... would that be better? I would rather lease for tax purposes but free money is free money. I have top tier credit.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012
    cstowe said:

Any ideas on MF or what kind of deal I could get on a new Tundra? Interested in a CrewMax Limited 4x4 but am flexible on options after that. I am in OK and the Toyota website has some deals on a purchase 0.0% finance with $2K cash... would that be better? I would rather lease for tax purposes but free money is free money. I have top tier credit.

60% for 36/15 and .00125 MF.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• bhickey72bhickey72 Member Posts: 7
    I'm looking for money factor and residual for 36 month 36,000 mile lease on Tundra Crew Max and Double cab 4x4 in NJ. 2014 or 2015 models if there is a difference too please. I don't care which model year I get.
    edited March 2015
    bhickey72 said:

I'm looking for money factor and residual for 36 month 36,000 mile lease on Tundra Crew Max and Double cab 4x4 in NJ. 2014 or 2015 models if there is a difference too please. I don't care which model year I get.

Residuals are 62% or 64%, depending on trim line..

Showing .00125 MF in most areas of the country, but not positive that is specific to NJ.

No info for 2014 models

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• newtons1stnewtons1st Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for MF and residual for a 36mo 15k lease on a Tundra SR5 4.6l Double Cab w/ TSS package in Dallas TX area.

I am looking for MF and residual for a 36mo 15k lease on a Tundra SR5 4.6l Double Cab w/ TSS package in Dallas TX area.

I'll assume 4x2 since you are in Texas ... 61% residual and .00125 MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• beastykatobeastykato Member Posts: 6
    Hi, I'm new to leasing. I'm trying to get a new 2015 Tundra and need to know the money factor and residual for Western PA/Northern WV.

I see there is a special lease in my area for a 2015 TUNDRA MODEL 8340, MSRP $34,640. Is this lease subject to different money factor and residual than if I would lease another model?

I don't need many miles per year I have another car. So, 10, 12, or 15 will suffice. If the 10 is cheaper for some reason I would probably go with less.

Hi, I'm new to leasing. I'm trying to get a new 2015 Tundra and need to know the money factor and residual for Western PA/Northern WV.

I see there is a special lease in my area for a 2015 TUNDRA MODEL 8340, MSRP $34,640. Is this lease subject to different money factor and residual than if I would lease another model?

I don't need many miles per year I have another car. So, 10, 12, or 15 will suffice. If the 10 is cheaper for some reason I would probably go with less.

Sorry, I don't know model numbers ... what trim level cab configuration is this? 4x2 or 4x4? Residual values vary based on this information as well as lease term and miles per year.

Tundra MF seems to be .00125, regardless of trim or configuration.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I'm not certain. That's all it says on toyota.com. It does not state specifically which configuration that is for some reason and I see no chart online that corresponds to those model numbers. The type of truck I want is a 4x4, Doublecab, SR5 though so I guess that's what I'll have to go off of.

I'm not certain. That's all it says on toyota.com. It does not state specifically which configuration that is for some reason and I see no chart online that corresponds to those model numbers. The type of truck I want is a 4x4, Doublecab, SR5 though so I guess that's what I'll have to go off of.

A quick search seems to show that the 8340 is the double cab SR5, which is what you are looking for.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks. When I searched that model all I saw was a 2014 crew cab not sure why.  Anyway, are the specifics to that lease special public?  My dealer has not replied to me with any info.  Are cap cost, etc still negotiable on a lease special like that?  I've read that often those special deals can't be changed.

Thanks. When I searched that model all I saw was a 2014 crew cab not sure why.  Anyway, are the specifics to that lease special public?  My dealer has not replied to me with any info.  Are cap cost, etc still negotiable on a lease special like that?  I've read that often those special deals can't be changed.

Some of the information is public; other parts aren't.

Yes, the cap cost is negotiable; advertised deals are just "OK" at best and with some shrewd haggling, you should be able to beat those numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cobrasc03cobrasc03 Member Posts: 5
    Looking at a 2015 Limited SR5 TRD Off Road Edition and was wondering what the current 24 months/24k miles & 36 month/36k residuals and money factors are?