Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Volvo XC90 Lease Questions

Comments

• ellisroadellisroad Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,

What cash incentives can be combined with a lease? I thought that the rebates were available only for a purchase. Does the dealer get to keep any rebates if I lease through Volvo?

- ElliSroad
  • zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    You have a point Car_man, but September might be late to find an 06 XC90 with the current leasing deals. The residuals are gonna change by september, and regardless of the amount of incentives an 06 might have, the lower residuals will probably bring up a higher payment.

What dpjoachim is gonna spend in the next 3 payments might be the difference between and 06 leased right now and an 06 leased in September, with the advantage that he will be driving 2 cars during the timeframe.
  • diyediye Member Posts: 45
    The dealer is Shelby Volvo in Orange County, CA.

Interestingly, my wife absolutely loved the color of the car.
    I almost leased a regualr V8 Titanium Grey, with MSRP of 51.3k. But changed mind at the last moment. The titanium one has a better value for the money, but I just liked the styling of the Ocean blue so much better.
  • pkh540pkh540 Member Posts: 24
    Ha! She likes the Titanium! If I still lived in Newport I could've called Shelby and sought the same deal!

All the best to you and enjoy.
  • pkh540pkh540 Member Posts: 24
    Car_man, thank you for your help. I figured the selling price was negotiable but having never leased a car I wasn't 100% positive... and when the salesman started asking me if I was calling him a liar I figured that it would be a good time to leave and find a different dealer.

This was on Friday so the next day I sent an email to a couple of internet sales mangagers at different dealers. They kept quoting the details in the national ad, said to come in for a test drive and avoiding any sort of negotiation. In hindsight it's probably because there was more opportunity over the weekend with customers in the showroom and perhaps now, during the week, they'll be more willing to negotiate.

Without question the residual and money factor are very attractive; just want to complete the package by getting a good deal on the sales price. Looking at TMV on Edmunds.com it shows, on average, 500 below invoice for the V8 XC90. Is this resonable on a lease or it that due to the purchase incentives? Do you have a suggested target for the sales price?

Again, many thanks for you help and advice!
  • kaitlynangelkaitlynangel Member Posts: 3
    I saw earlier posting this sma equestion, but it has seemed to disappear. Are there any incentives avaialble that CAN go toward the lease, we are going tonight to get one and wnated to know before we leave (in about 2 hours) 4:00 EST.

Thanks alot.
  • drapemasterdrapemaster Member Posts: 1
    We are in the process of trying to find the best deal to lease a XC90 12000 miles per year.

Sorry to join the discussion so late. What are the latest deals? Can we do $0 down with a decent monthly payment? Tax and tags additional is fine.

Thanks
  • leonarca1leonarca1 Member Posts: 2
    I too would like to understand any incentives being offered or rebates on a 2006 XC 2.5T 7 passenger.

We were given a lower finance vs lease price because of the low lease rate. But I want to ensure before signing a deal we have received all cash, incentives and rebates available.

Thanks
  • leonarca1leonarca1 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man

Can you please confirm the Volvo financial lease rate on XC90 2.5T 7 Passenger?

In addition ae there any incentives or rebates that can be combined with the lease rate?
  • drdudedrdude Member Posts: 3
    Is there a tax credit available on this in TX? 1.2%?
  • ecloueclou Member Posts: 20
    Volvo financial will make tax credits available to dealerships. It is most useful in TX and Illinois where on a lease the tax on the full price of the vehicle is paid, not just on the partial value under the lease. Most dealerships in TX can give you this. You just need to insist on it. They will charge a 1.2% fee to allow this usage. Far better than paying 6.25% or more.
  • rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311
    Are there any loyalty-type incentives for repeat Volvo purchases/leases? I'm coming out of an XC90 lease in Sept. That lease was not through Volvo Finance, but I did lease a 1997 850 sedan through VF if that matters.
  • ursusursus Member Posts: 128
    It's $500 or first 3 scheduled services free. I believe it does not matter who you financed it with, as long as it's Volvo.
  • jonnyboy7jonnyboy7 Member Posts: 51
    Haven't seen this question answered above -- on a XC90 V8 24 month lease, what (if any) are the cash incentives?
    I was told the $2k conquest money was not applicable to a lease
    You are right, but only if you are using Volvo Finance.
  • cowhidecowhide Member Posts: 2
    Is the current lease offer (0.00001 money factor; 73% residual) good on the 2.5T?
    It is very close to the V8 offer from my understanding
  • teknicteknic Member Posts: 2
    After searching through all the lease packages, the Volvo XC90 V8 lease is hard to beat.

Volvo Finance's current 24 month, 12,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2006 XC90 V8 are an amazingly low .00001 and 73%, respectively.

I was able to lease a car for a several dollars under invoice. You have just a couple of days to take advantage of the lease program AND the dealers have a couple of days to sell their remaining 2006 stock with Factory incentives. There is about 5 Volvo dealerships in my area and the hardest part was to find any XC90 that were left.

I stuck to my guns when we were negotiating. Either they will accept your offer or they won't. The dealers are trained to get the last dollar out of you. At one point, they asked me if I was willing to walk for $175 difference on a $52,000 car and I told them yes and I really meant it. I don't need a new car, I want a new car so if they can't get the price down, then why?

Bottom line, I was able to get it for $475 per month plus tax with $1200 down. Good luck everyone.
    Not bad. No more V8s available at the dealers around me. JUst T5s.
  • skoontzskoontz Member Posts: 21
    Hello,

My fiance is considering a lease on 2006 XC90 2.5T 2WD with premium and versatility packages. The dealership here in Austin is quoting a monthly payment on a 48 month lease, 15K miles/year of $590.

I'm just now getting involved and don't have experience with Volvo leases (have a BMW lease). In order to help my fiance perform due diligence, I'm hoping an authority on the list (e.g., Car_Man) can provide money factor and residual for this specific configuration.

I'm aware of the amazing money factor and residual for the 2006 V8 (.00001 and 73%!!!??). Is this available for the above-mentioned vehicle?

Thanks in advance!

Zen
  • jen516jen516 Member Posts: 1
    Hello. I just wanted to share that I got the XC90 V8 with every package available (no xenon and no nav, but rear DVD system) for $499/month plus tax with $1600 down. We thought it was an amazing deal on a 53,000+ car. (24 month lease, 12,000 miles)

We had an impossible time finding a vehicle in our area and ended up taking any one they could find with the rear DVD system (which is why we have every other package in it)

I have been driving the car one week now and I am in love. It is beautiful and fast and luxurious!

If you are interested in this car and can find one near you, go for it! Good luck all and thanks for the advice (I have been lurking for awhile)
  • cabaistecabaiste Member Posts: 31
    Can anybody tell me if the very favorable money factor and high residuals on the 2006 V8 have been carried over into August? I missed the July special and am now in the market for an XC90.
    It might have been. Go to your local dealer and find the car first. As the 2007s are officially on local dealers the residual for the 06s might have plummetted. But give it a try.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey ElliSroad. I believe that Volvo is currently providing a total of $4,000 in cash incentives on the 2006 XC90, regardless of whether you pay cash for it, finance it, lease it through an independent bank, or lease it through Volvo Finance.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You are very welcome, pkh540. I believe that Volvo is currently providing a total of $4,000 in cash incentives on the 2006 XC90, regardless of whether you purchase or lease it. Given this cash and how later we are in the model year, I would think that you shouldn't have to much trouble getting one several thousand dollars below dealer invoice. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for this truck right now by visiting the following discussion: "Volvo XC90: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello drapemaster. Your exact lease payment for this truck will depend upon the exact model that you want, its MSRP, its selling price, and how long you lease it for. If you provide me with this information I would be happy to give you an idea of what sort of lease payment you should expect to pay on the exact XC90 that you want right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings leonarca1. Through August 31st, in most areas Volvo is providing a total of $2,000 bonus cash on Volvo Finance leases of the 2006 XC90 and $2,000 bonus cash + an additional $2,000 loyalty or conquest cash on leases of this car through independent banks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey leonarca1. This truck's lease program varies depending upon how long you leased it for and how many miles per year you are allowed to drive it. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 XC90 2.5T AWD 7-Passenger with 15,000 miles per year are .00110 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Yes, rbirns1, Volvo does have loyalty incentives for current lessees of its products. Through August 31st, Volvo is providing a total of $2,500 in cash incentives ($2,000 loyalty cash + $500 or free maintenance) on the 2006 XC90 for current Volvo Finance lessees. Only the $500 loyalty cash is available '07 XC90 models. It is difficult to say what its incentives for these trucks will be like in September.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jonnyboy7. In August, Volvo is providing a total of $2,000 bonus cash on leases of 2006 XC90 models. I don't believe that it is providing any cash incentives on Volvo Finance leases of 2007 XC90 models.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You are very welcome, pkh540. I believe that Volvo is currently providing $2,000 bonus cash on the 2006 XC90, for consumers who lease it through Volvo Finance and $2,000 bonus cash + another $2,000 loyalty / conquest cash on leases of it through independent banks. Given this cash and how later we are in the model year, I would think that you shouldn't have to much trouble leasing one through an independent bank for several thousand dollars below dealer invoice and through Volvo Finance for around $1,000 under or so. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for this truck right now by visiting the following discussion: "Volvo XC90: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi cowhide. Volvo Finance's lease program for the 2006 XC90 varies depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you are allowed to drive it. Its 24 month buy rate money factor is currently .00001 for all '06 XC90 models. However, its residual values for other trim levels like the 2.5T are not as high as they are for the V8 model. Volvo Finance's 24 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value for the '06 XC90 2.5T 2WD is 67%. The residual for an otherwise identical lease of an '06 XC90 AWD model is 69%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome Zen. I'd be happy to help you out. Volvo Finance's current 48 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2006 XC90 V8 are .00171 and 50%, respectively. The amazing numbers that you mentioned in your post, .00001 factor and 73% residual value, are only available for 24 month, 12,000 mile per year leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi cabaiste. This truck's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and its mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Volvo Finance's current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a lease of a 2006 XC90 V8 are .00146 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • ccordascoccordasco Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I have two questions for all you experts out there.

1)How does this lease deal sound on a 07 XC-90 3.2?

24months, 15K miles per year, metallic paint, premium and climate package for $2,700 down and $457 per month.

2) Generally...How long do the tires last? Can I make it out of my 2 year/30K mile lease without buying new ones?

Thanks everyone!
    Chris
  • cptcpacptcpa Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know anything about the additional 1,500 in marketing support to the dealer in August?

Thanks

cpt
  • jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    1) The deal sounds okay for a just-released model. However, if you would consider 2006, there are terrific deals out there. I heard on the radio (Southern California)today that Volvo is offering $345 per month, 24-month lease on 2006 model. I believe it is for 2.5T model with similar term to the $389 on V8 lease deal just ended last month. You may want to check it out.

2) If the tires are Pirelli, no way they would last 30k miles. Probably 15-20k miles.
    I just signed the paperwork on a 2007 XC90 3.2 AWD with Metallic Paint, Premium, Versatility and Cold Weather Packs from my local NJ dealer for $358 month with $0 down payment, $400 sec deposit, $595 bank fee and first month payment due at signing. I think I negotiated it pretty well. How does this compare to the deals you are seeing out there?
  • l00q6227l00q6227 Member Posts: 16
    Lease- I know it is early in the ball game but should I hold off from leasing a 2007? I want the NAV, DVD and the third row seating. Anybody leased one yet and what are you paying?
  • l00q6227l00q6227 Member Posts: 16
    I think that is a great deal! Did you get the NAV and DVD player? I am very impressed especially since it is a 2007
    Months? Miles?
    The lease is for 24 months with 10,500 miles per year which is definitely enough based on my wifes recent history.
    Awesome deal as per the numbers you have posted. Congrats.
  • hbrulayhbrulay Member Posts: 1
    Local dealer is offering this deal for a 2007 XC90 with Sunroof, leather, CD Player, Climate/premium/versatility packages for $389/mo. for 24 months. $0 down payment and $1584 dues at inception. 10,500 miles/yr. Is this a good deal?
  • shellzshellz Member Posts: 51
    Car_Man, you mention that Volvo is providing $4,000 on the '06 XC90 V8 even if I use Volvo Finance. Should I also be able to combine this $4,000 with Volvo Finance's 24 month lease (.00001/73%) lease numbers? Thanks for the advice.
  • dhogue1dhogue1 Member Posts: 14
    Can someone clarify this. Is it $4,000 or $3,500 ($2,000 Conquest/loyalty + $1,500 marketing support)? I would also love to know which money is combinable with the special lease financing on the V8 (.00001 money factor/71-74% residuals). Thanks so much. Reading this board has been so informative already.
    As far as I know, just the loyalty rebate can be combined.
This discussion has been closed.