Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2007 and newer Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Yukon

Comments

• Options
    rsjohnrsjohn Member Posts: 16
    The steering wheel should not be loose. it should be tight. be carefull driveing it. get it to the dealer now. it not save drive.
  • Options
    rsjohnrsjohn Member Posts: 16
    Also tells us what the dealer found and where it was build. If the steering wheel is loose the factory should here about it.
  • Options
    dirtyworkdirtywork Member Posts: 5
    Frank07,

I think they call it gm900 or something like that. The installers were a local shop www.AdvancedCarCreations.com in Orange County Ca.

The cons is that you will have to live without the onstar services, door chimes, turn signal sounds, and the parking assist sensors. Oh and XM Satallite radio will be lost if you get the eclipse. I know Pioneer has a new one w/ a hard drive and you can use an xm adapter. I think it won't work with out the stock radio any way.

I do hope they come out with it quick because my dash display keeps on saying "Parking assist off"

Also it would be nice to make some kind of sound if you have a door open, low on fuel, tire pressure, etc.

So If you can't live out all that then wait a little longer until they come out with it. If you are impatient like me then get it if you want to enjoy it now. I can live out the chimes and onstar for a little while longer. It does feel that you are missing something though.

Plus I don't know if you are going to pay 20.00? per month for Onstar after the free year is over.

I hope this answers your question... i know a little long reply, but hope it helps. :D
  • Options
    tuscotoddtuscotodd Member Posts: 50
    73shark -
    I talked to my dealer about both the GM touring exhaust and the GM performance exhaust. He recommended against the performance exhaust for use with the DOD as he said they had installed it on a customer's Yukon and the customer had raised issues with it having a notable resonance between 2000 and 2200 rpm that was applified when it went into V-4 mode. The dealer did say that they felt that the touring exhaust wouldn't have this issue as it has a set-up similar to the original deal where it has both a muffler and a resonator, but they didn't have any actual experience with the touring set-up at that time.
    When I tried to check into both the MagnaFlow and Gibson systems, I received the same basic info from each, being told that neither had a system for the '07's available and at that time each said that it would be 4-6 months until they would be available (I was looking in April). :(
    For the videos, I think I may have a solution to my camera giving me the flying finger of fate, as coworker just purchased a new camera/video recorder, so hopefully I can get some decent video from that. :)
  • Options
    jntjnt Member Posts: 316
    I do not know about Onstar functionality but the Audio from Onstar is normally fed into the head unit. So if the Aftermarket radio does not have option for accepting Onstar Audio input, you will not hear Onstar audio for sure. Another thing: some GM new vehicle does not use ignition wire. Instead they are using ignition message (on vehicle data bus, CAN bus in this case). So how does the Aftermarket radio knows when to turn on or off radio without draining off your battery

But there are many other things that you should be concerned about: the integration of turn signal click-clack sound, chime,... with the OEM radio. So for sure, you will lose turn signal sound, chime if you replace the head unit with an aftermarket radio. Some other features may be lost as well. Check with dealer's technician, they can tell you more.

jt
  • Options
    Have you guys looked into Corsa Performance Exhaust? I think it sounds very nice, here is a link to the sounds http://www.corsaperf.com/flashsilverado.htm I found this info at another forum at www.suvworld.com great info there too. Let me know what you think about Corsa...I feel like getting this when they come out with it and I was also considering Gibson. :confuse:
  • Options
    dirtywork -
    Looking at their web site, I don't see a break out for '07's yet - they simply list the Tahoes as 2001 and up and there is a notable difference in the design for 2007 so I would think that they would list a different part number for it? Are they offering a '07 system yet? (just curious)
    --
    TuscoTodd
  • Options
    sjenkinzzsjenkinzz Member Posts: 11
    I ran the Corsa exhaust on my '01 Tahoe. Sounded great and the dual exhaust tip was perfect. Alot louder than the stock. I know I will not be putting this on my '07 because of how loud it was. But great nevertheless.
  • Options
    pocitellipocitelli Member Posts: 13
    It's a common issue with the Tahoe and GM knows about it. The problem is when you wash your rear passenger windows and come down on the molding with a sponge or towel, you can snag on the top part of the molding and pull it out. I did it to mine the first time I washed it. Word is they are slightly redesigning the molding piece to get out to dealers so they can fix it properly. Not a big deal in the grand scheme, but you should expect to experience some minor problems and fixes with the 1st year model of a major redesign/upgrade. Overall, the fit and finish on the Tahoe has been great, so I wouldn't let that one thing change your mind.
  • Options
    chile96chile96 Member Posts: 330
    Hey guys - like I mentioned earlier, i'm going to add the Xtec HID conversion kit but wanted to get your recs on what K to get. I don't really care about being blue so I was leaning towards getting the 5000 K kit but am wondering if that is just too bright for a 4WD Tahoe - don't want to blind everybody in the city while driving?

So if that's just too bright, then I guess go for the 6000 K?

Thanks for any guidance/opinions
  • Options
    Yea not yet, like sjenkinzz said it may be to loud. On the sound clip on Corsa's website sounds more like race car. I like more of mellow deep sound, Gibson sounds nice on their sound clip. Anyone has had these on their 07's yet?
  • Options
    frank07frank07 Member Posts: 8
    Sorry for the delay guys. I took it to the dealer to get that steering wheel problem fixed. And they fixed it. It was something named flush? or something like that, that was blocking the steering wheel to be pushed all the way down. It was a quick fix! BUT now I am having problems getting my Tahoe financed....lol... I love it to death but let's see what happens. This is my 4th brand new car that I get in less than 9 years. No problems before whatsoever. I just bought a new house and I am making payments on it. AND that's the reason they are having problems finding a finance co.

P.S.- Everything is on hold, rims, sound system, window tinting and a few other upgrades.

Take care and I will keep yall updated!

FJ
  • Options
    dhollydholly Member Posts: 16
    I believe the current financing options are:

APR programs for purchase - 3.9% for 24/30/36 mo., 4.9% for 48 mo., and 5.9% for 60 mo.

Lease rates - 7.5% for each term 24/30/36/48 mo.

BUT, that may be about to change... :)
    Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:24pm ET

DETROIT (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. plans to briefly offer zero-percent financing on most of its 2006 models and financing as low as 2.9 percent on its 2007 GMT-900 sport utility vehicles, a GM dealer said on Friday.

The dealer, who declined to be named, said the automaker will offer the zero-percent financing, available on loans of up to six years, June 27 to July 5. The offer will exclude hot-selling vehicles such as the Pontiac Solstice and the Chevrolet Corvette, the dealer said.

GM declined to comment on the matter.

DaimlerChrysler AG's (DCXGn.DE: Quote, Profile, Research) Chrysler unit on Thursday said it was considering offering deeply discounted employee-level pricing on its 2006 vehicles this summer.

"This whole Chrysler thing has thrown a wrench into GM's strategy, especially as Ford is expected to match Chrysler's employee discount program," the GM dealer said.

GM, which lost $10.6 billion in 2005 and is in the middle of a sweeping turnaround effort, has said it plans to focus on a clearer pricing strategy that relies on lower sticker prices and avoids the big incentive programs that bolstered sales last year.

GM led an industrywide incentive program last summer, offering all U.S. consumers the same deep discounts available to the automaker's employees.

Investors have watched such sales programs with concern since they sacrifice profit margin for sales volume.

The GM dealer said the company plans to offer financing of 2.9 percent to 3.9 percent on 2007 models of its newly redesigned line of sport-utility vehicles, called the GMT-900 series.

U.S. sales of SUVs have been hurt by a spike in gas prices.
  • Options
    84jeepjohn84jeepjohn Member Posts: 7
    Man forget the intrest rates, I'd rather have some "cash back incentives". I can get a prety good rate, but I'd like to see those rebates!!! LOL
    And like I say EVERYWHERE I post, "get the 6.0 and 6 speed into the Burb/Tahoe and I'll sign on that line tomorrow"
  • Options
    zepreszepres Member Posts: 16
    Hi, I am looking for a good after-market source to get the following items for my black LTZ (GM Direct is too expensive). Appreciate any help :)

1) Chrome door handles. Are these EASY to replace?
    2) Chrome accent (4 pieces) that can be taped on to the existing body-colored molding.
    3) Black front & rear bowtie. Or should I just remove stock ones (ugly gold-imho) and get them painted?

Thanks
  • Options
    rockman59rockman59 Member Posts: 250
    You'll find all kinds of goodies on Ebay. Just type in "2007 Suburban" or whatever year you own. There's a ton of stuff available.
  • Options
    73shark73shark Member Posts: 325
    You can also Google on "2007 Tahoe (accessory)" and find a lot of aftermarket suppliers. Last I heard, GM hadn't authorized any suppliers for the bowties.
  • Options
    Thanks rockman & 73shark for the info. I was hoping for more specific guidance if you had already made the purchase and are happy with the goods.
  • Options
    cecookcecook Member Posts: 23
    Zepres,
    Let me know what you find out about the chrome door handles. Im looking to do that mod too. I have added chrome bowties from ebay and are pleased but am also curious about a black one for the front.

Do those chrome accents look like the ones on the new Yukons? The chrome sliver above the rocker panel?
    Collins
  • Options
    I got a billet grill for my black 07 Tahoe LTZ from AutoPartsGallery off eBay. Another than the screws being incorrect, it was fine. I have seen the chrome door handles (can't remember where) and you can get either a replacement handle or a chrome overlay.
  • Options
    Yes just like the ones on the new Danalis - they sit just above the existing panel.
  • Options
    Thanks, I will check it out. We too have a black LTZ just broke 1000 miles. This past week-end, when leaving a Lowes store, I saw a black Danali parked right next to mine. Wow what a huge difference made with those chrome parts!!
  • Options
    cecookcecook Member Posts: 23
    I have seen many chrome door handles on ebay all for about $100. I still havent heard from anyone that has bought from ebay and isntalled them though.

Have yet to find anywhere that has the chrome accents. Has anyone seen them for sale anywhere and price?
  • Options
    For those that were interested - I took the LT3 on a 900 mile road trip this weekend and the exhaust definitely had a positive impact on the milage! Prior to the trip, I checked my around town milage had climbed from 14.5 to 16.1 which is pretty notable in my book.
    On the road trip I did have a bit of a head wind, but milage went from 17.8 on the previous trip to 18.9 on this trip and I think I would have easily been in the 19's without that head wind. :)
    Have to say that I definitely like my cat back system from Zoomers! :)
  • Options
    Sounds good. (no pun intended) Are your numbers calculated or from the DIC in the truck? How was the sound level on a long trip?
  • Options
    73shark -
    The numbers are calculated numbers as I have found that the DIC in my Tahoe seems to be off by a couple tenths. The noise level at 70mph is VERY slight. You actually have to make it a point to listen for it. With the cruise set at 74, the note was slightly more noticable and it wasn't until the speed was set at around 80 that the sound level became what I would call "notable". (no pun intended ;) )
    Hope that helps! :D
    --
    TuscoTodd
    '07 LT3
  • Options
    rockin_ltzrockin_ltz Member Posts: 61
    Hey Chile96...I installed the 6000K Xtec kit in my LTZ. These IMHO are a little "bluer" than I would have liked. However, they are much brighter than the stock halogens and I'm quite pleased with the results. However, if I had to do it all over again, I would probably get either the 4500K or 5000K.

Based on just how bright the 6000K's are when standing down the road looking back at it...You might be pushing it with being too bright with the 4500's.

I will try and post some pics of the 6000's in the next few days. I just had some surgery on my hand and have limited use of it right now...I'm even typing this message one handed!! :(
  • Options
    thanks for the update rockin ltz! i was wondering if anybody had actually done the conversion or it was just a bunch of talk with no action :) sounds like i may just go with the next Kelvin lower than what you got just because I don't want that blue "ricer" look......but i'll be waiting on your pics so as soon as you feel up to it........
  • Options
    sjenkinzzsjenkinzz Member Posts: 11
    cecook...
    Did you replace both the front and the rear bowties? If so, where did you get them and are you satisfied with them? Chrome?
    Thanks
    Scott
  • Options
    OK...It's hard to keep me down. Been going nuts stuck inside the house for the last couple of days. Decided to take some pics tonight and try and post them (against Dr's and wife's orders of course).

It's really hard to catch the full color and effects of these lights using a digital camera. However, I'm hoping that these pics will give you a little better idea. I know what you mean about the "ricer" effect...But I don't think I went that far :D The blue actually looks pretty stylish on the truck.

Here's a pic from the front of the truck about 10 feet away:

Here's a shot of them shining on my garage door. Truck was about 15 feet from the door. The doors are painted a tan color...But the 2 posts on the side of the door are white. I think this pic better shows the blueness that these lights give off:

Lastly...Here's just a pic at dusk from the front:

• Options
    Wow - they look very good! Thanks for the pics - makes it so much easier. So where did you get your kit from and how easy was installation

(just trying to make sure your fingers don't get atrophied from zero use :D )
  • Options
    Cool...Glad these helped. Got this kit from this website:

http://highintensityxenon.com/

You can search by vehicle to make sure you get the correct kit. Just so you know, it uses the H11 bulbs and the kit will run you $350.00 if you don't go above the 5000K bulb. Since I got the 6000K it was $25.00 more.

As for installation...If I did it, ANYBODY could do it!!! The only hard part was finding a place to secure the ballast...However there's plenty of space under the hood to do this. You do have to remove the headlight lens by removing 2 screws...This allows you to pull the headlight far enough out to get the new bulbs installed. It took me about 30 minutes to do it...But if you have any clue (which I didn't) as to what you're doing it shouldn't even take that long!!

Let me know if you have any other questions...And hopefully you can get your kits soon!!

P.S. - Hand is feeling MUCH better since I've been working it out on this keyboard posting these messages!! :D
  • Options
    motozenmotozen Member Posts: 3
    Hi! I have the chrome door handles that are OEM from GM.
    They are beautiful and worth every penny.

Install was actually more then the handle themselves. came out to be about 310.00 installed. You have to take apart your doors to be able to do this mod. No cheap 3M taping here. And thank God for that. These look prestigeous.

I can post pics if you need.... ;)
  • Options
    I have it and love it. I put it on the first week I got my LTZ Summit White.

The note is like a lion's roar. It is a very european audi tone, and I love it. I come from german cars and this exhuast does not sound like a gurgling bubble like on some country boy's truck... The sound is mean.

You can here it at 75+ mph. at 80+ it is loud. But you shouldn't be driving that fast anyway! hehe.

Is it worth it? yes. Tandem to my AIRAID. it is a great setup.

motozen. out.
  • Options
    ouch - just went to the website and realized that it's $375 per pair. so i'm guessing that you just did the low beams? i'm thinking about doing the high beams as well unless there's some reason (safety) why not to...
  • Options
    I just did the low beams...Don't really use my high beams much anyway. Also, the way I installed my set when you turn on the high beams...The low beams (HID's) stay illuminated!! Talk about lighting up the road!! :shades:

If you do decided to do both, I don't really see any safety issues as you normally dim your high beams for oncoming traffic therefore it shouldn't present any hazards.
  • Options
    Which one did you get, performance or touring?
  • Options
    nacho07nacho07 Member Posts: 26
    Please post pics, i am thinking of doing this mod. So you had them istalled at the dealer?
  • Options
    tony97gttony97gt Member Posts: 20
    I purchased an HID kit for my 07 Tahoe on Ebay. I got the kit for $225.00 expedited (shipped)and insured. I got the 6000k kit, and it has a 3 year warranty. I'll be posting pics soon.
  • Options
    For what it's worth...The Xtec kits have a Lifetime warranty on bulbs and ballasts. Kinda hard to beat that one.
  • Options
    07denali07denali Member Posts: 17
    Anyone know where to get painted pillars (the ones above the taillights)? I'd like to color match mine to the paint.
  • Options
    The Performance. I figure if your going to do something, do it all the way.

Keeping it GM also helps at the dealership :)
  • Options
    Based on your user name, I'm assuming you have an '07 Denali. Are you telling me that the pillars are NOT color coded to match the rest of the vehicle? That's a bummer if so.

I have an '07 Tahoe (LTZ) and they are the same color as the rest of the vehicle. Not sure this is an upgrade or an option....
  • Options
    I agree with both. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    Based on the 07 Tahoe brochure, the rear pillars are body color.
  • Options
    Correct, they also changed the headlights. Not all chrome and no GMC lettering.
  • Options
    Nope, they are not with GMC.
  • Options
    acmathacmath Member Posts: 2
    I just bought my wife a silver 07 and we need floor mats. We have 3 kids and the titanium interior is really light. I have been reading the forums here and saw that someone bought the Husky mats? Are they all really this expensive? Does anyone have an opinion about the ones with the lip around the edge or not? And they do fit in perfectly, right? What about the third row seat and SMALL cargo area?

Thanks, in advance, for anyone's help.
  • Options
    tony20fantony20fan Member Posts: 30
    I bought Catchall floor mats from usspeedonline.com. I am very happy with them. I have the front and second row seating. I love the second row mat as it is one piece and covers the hump in the middle where there is not a stock mat. I did not screw them down permanently and they don't move at all. They are a perfect and tight fit and match the carpet very well. I had titanium in my last Tahoe and they were almost an exact match. I have cashmere in my 07 and it's and exact match. Plus, free shipping and now tax in my state. I researched and found this site to be the cheapest around too.

As for the rear, I am still trying to decide what to do. I don't want carpet back there because of two labs, and I don't know if I want to have the third row seats in or out. I'll post if I find the miracle answer!
  • Options
    rockman59rockman59 Member Posts: 250
    acmath said: I just bought my wife a silver 07 and we need floor mats