Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Fusion Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• elbubselbubs Member Posts: 5
    Holler1 these $3250/4250 below sticker price is that the negotiated price or price they are offering you the vehicle with rebates included?

As of right now, I know Ford has $2500 cash rebate on the fusion. And the $1000 competative rebate is called the Ford Conquest Rebate when I bought my car, I could easily find it on their website, it is no longer up.

So if this -$3250 price off sticker is final price before TTL, it's a bad deal. If you think about it, you are still paying sticker for the car.

Just over the memorial day weekend, my local dealer was offering: $2500 rebate - $1000 gas/cash rebate, thats already $3500 in rebates, on top of the conquest -$1000 if still available.

Now if that -$3250/4250 is before the Ford national rebates, I would say that is pretty decent.
    I was happy with being able to get around negotiated price (before rebates) 10% off sticker for my Fusion. And an additional $3395 in rebates.
    Especially when I negotiated at another dealer for same car + 5K miles for 6 hours and could not get lower.
    So went to a new dealership and got the same price I was happy with for a car without the miles.
  • holler1holler1 Member Posts: 3
    elbubs,
    Thanks. I bought the Ford Fusion SE AWD with satellite radio with a total discount off list price of about $4050 at the local dealer. List price was $24215, national rebate $1500, competitive owner rebate $1000, dealer discount about $1550. Final price was $20,162 before t+t. They threw in a fancy paint sealant ($400) that was already on the vehicle after I said I would not pay above the quoted price. I probably could have done a little better at the out of town dealer, but the AWDs appear to be selling well in this area. The local dealer had 4 and sold 1 between my visits, and the others were going out for test drives fairly often.

I originally wanted to trade in a 98 Volvo V70 AWD but the dealer would only offer about $2200 on trade in., I thought $3000 was minimum for it so I kept the Volvo. It's good for hauling stuff. I had a Toyota Tacoma pickup but Toyota is buying it back because of frame rust.
  • george109george109 Member Posts: 4
    have not had much luck with finding a dealer that is taking internet inquiries serious
    i want a fusion with just automatic the last guy i talked with claims there is not a car with just that to be had withing 500 miles of denver our local paper is advertising for as low as 14419,for a basic however having them seems to be a different story,
    any idee how i can proceed in getting a decent deal especially now that 2009 are comming out and what should i expect to pay otd.
    i would appreciate advise.
    thanks
  • mollym1mollym1 Member Posts: 1
    Were you able to find this car or one like it? If not, I may have some advise for you.
    no i have not but they are advertising the same cars, yes i would appreciate advise
    also i noticed there are no incentives on the new 2009 fusion but i would rather get a good deal on a 2008 since it does not appear that the style has changed and there seems to be good reviews on them.
    again thanks i would like advise on how to get a decent deal
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    Option 1: decide what you think would be a "decent deal", contact a dealer that has what you want in stock and ask if they can meet your price. If not, try another dealer.

Option 2: contact several dealers that have what you want to buy and ask them what their price would be on the car you want.

In either case be sure to ask about add on fees in addition to TTL (commonly called document fees). In my market this is typically about a $100 add on, but I've read where some places it can be as much as about $500.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    I just checked prices of an '08 Fusion S with the automatic transmission being the only option. Edmunds and CarsDirect both price it out to about $17,300 including the $1500 rebate currently offered.

The '09 models have a rebate also, but it's only $500. Both '08 and '09 have some promotional low-APR deals available in lieu of the rebate, if that interests you.

Something else that might interest you- the current Mazda6 served as the basis for the Ford Fusion and they share most powertrain components. In particular, the same 2.3L 4-cylinder and 5-speed automatic transmission can be found in both cars. Mazda currently has a $3000 rebate on them, so they're obviously wanting to move them (to make room for the redesigned '09 Mazda6 due in a few weeks).

Edmunds prices the '08 Mazda6 i Sport VE (Value Edition) at $17,200 after the rebate. That model includes power everything (including power driver's seat), automatic transmission, A/C, cruise, etc.). It's also made in U.S., if that is of any value to you.

Mazda dealers have always been responsive to my internet price inquiries, at least the ones in my area.

Good luck with whichever one you choose!
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • scape2scape2 Member Posts: 4,123
    the future in new car buying. Walking onto a dealer lot is way old school. I bought my 2006 SEL V6 loaded over the internet. Had 3 Ford dealers wanting my business. Paid $22,800 And got 0% financing.
  • mtnman1mtnman1 Member Posts: 431
    I'm picking up a 2009 Fusion SEL V6 tomorrow afternoon.
    Dark Ink Blue
    Black Leather
    Moon & Tune Package
    Rear Spoiler
    Reverse Sensing
    All Weather Floor mats
    Total MSRP $26,715
    Invoice $24,443
    Total OTD $22,894 (Includes selling price of $24,447, rebates of $3500, & TTL)
    Had to do the ford financing and I'm putting down $12,000, financing for 36 months. Even calculating with their offer of 0% for 36 and a rebate of only $1000 or going with the best market rate of 5.39% and $2500 my total dollar out put for the 36 months was less taking the $3500 rebate and fords 9.95% rate for financing. 9.95% is high for someone that has a credit score of 815, but it was still the cheapest way to go.
    2012 Highlander Limited AWD V6 and 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE
    finaly got the ford fusion, dont know how good the deal was ,did a lot of research but still ended up somewhat confused when all thos figures where presented at all different ways which is typical ,i gues to muddle things
    well i ended up with a 2009 4s fusion MRSP $ 20,220 OTD $17,530 $2500 rebate
    and the $1000 flex buy wich i was told i could pay off the ford loan after a few payments but it had to be financed through ford in order to qulify at an a rate of 9.29 %
  • kulunphan818kulunphan818 Member Posts: 7
    Just bought a 2009 Fusion (Dark Blue With Clear Coat Metallic) 4-cylinder Automatic with MSRP: $22,660 with the following options included:
    1. Automatic
    2. Sync.
    3. Advanced Traction Control System ESC
    4. Sirius Satellite for 1 year (included)
    The out of the door price paid is: $17,082, which include:
    1. $15,200 for the car, after the $3,500 Rebates from various sources (Manufacturer's, Ford Credit Discount, and $1000 Holiday Bonus Cash). So, the price of which the tax was paid on is: $18,700
    2. Sale tax in California: $1547.00 (8.25%)
    3. $280 for license and registration.
    4. $55 Document Prep Fee.
    This dealer advertised 2 other Fusion (same SE version with slightly different option packages) vehicles (1 white & 1 red) with MSRP $22,950 with the price after rebate @ $15,495, but I wanted the deep dark blue color. The dealer was willing to honor the same deal (that is why I paid $15,200).
    Note: in order to get the extra $500 rebate from Ford Credit, you have to finance through them with inflated interest 8.9% (which I could easily get at 5.5% at other banks.) I went with this deal because I financed only $7000 through Ford Credit and I intended to pay off within a month or two (so I will pay max $100 in interest, saving $400 from this deal.)
    It seems like a good deal, doesn't it? What do you think?
    MSRP: $22,660

$15,200 for the car

It seems like a good deal, doesn't it? What do you think?

I'd say ending up with $7500 (or 1/3 of MSRP) off sounds like a fantastic deal.
  • GeotechGeotech Member Posts: 1
    The Internet manager at GO FORD in Littleton (Mark Huff) took me vary seriously. I let him know I was looking for an SEL V6 with leather, and moon and tune package. He sent me over prices for two cars that met my requirements that had MSRPs of nearly $25,200 with an all incentive price of about $19,900.

Then he sent me a third car. It was a USED 2009 with all of my options and 2,218 miles for $16,492. Not only was this car there and ready for me to test drive when I arrived, it was exactly the car I wanted. Without any additional haggling they offered it to me for $15,992 (note the sticker on the lot was $17,445). Needless to say I took it. They offered me full KBB on my 02 Jetta TDI and I got the FORD ESP at cost plus $1 based on another dealer that was offering it through their web site.

The USED 09 was originally bought by Avis and acquired by GO FORD. With all of the options it was $26,000+ new resulting in a savings of over $10,000 off MSRP. I would say that was responsive to an internet request.
  • buyanewcar1buyanewcar1 Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote from Gorno Ford in MI (48183) through e-mail two weeks ago, & I thought the price is good. During the next a few days, I gave them all my detailed info so that they can gave me a correct price (I got a quote of 15k for a Fusion I4 S). To confirm the price & APR, we sent e-mails back & forth for many times. Today, I drove 50 miles to their office (I made an appointment), with the print out of that long e-mail, which is six pages long. When I arrived there, I was told that the person who sent me all these e-mails were not there. Then, another person took me over. After a long long talk without any real content, he told me that they could not honor this price since somebody must have made a mistake while calculating the price. He also gave me a much higher price (about 16.5k) for the car. I was totally crazy since I spent 1 & half hours driving there & another one & half hours driving back for nothing!!!
  • fpdafishfpdafish Member Posts: 20
    Just picked up my 2009 V6 SEL.

Moon & Tune package
    Reverse Sensing
    Heated Leather seats

$0 down, taxes in payments. $360/mo for 36 mos @10,500 miles/year.

Can anyone tell me if this was a good deal?

Oh, and I'm on Long Island in NY.
  • tim156tim156 Member Posts: 308
    Today I ordered a 2010 Sport Blue Metallic Fusion SEL, 2.5L, 6 speed auto, Moon & Tune, heated leather seats, molded splash guards and remote start from Freeway Ford in Minneapolis. MSRP was $26570.00 and I paid $24300.00. I lost a little on my trade but it wasn't enough to derail the deal. Delivery in 4-8 weeks.
  • ggjjddmmggjjddmm Member Posts: 2
    Seems a good deal. What is the buying price after the lease? Do they have a 24-month lease program?
  • ggjjddmmggjjddmm Member Posts: 2
    What price below or above the invoice can you get?
  • tbuongertbuonger Member Posts: 7
    The '10 Fusion Hyrbrids are arriving at dealers now. Koons Ford in Falls Church, VA, is expecting three and two are already sold. With all the buzz and awards the car is getting, with this economy, I was wondering what they're selling for. The dealer said that if I buy before April, I'll qualify for a $3400 tax credit vice a $1700 credit in April. Does that make sense?
  • amoviefan1amoviefan1 Member Posts: 24
    Does anyone know when the 2010 Ford Fusion Sport V6 All-Wheel Drive arrives at Ford dealers? My local dealers only have the Hybrid now.

I'm in the Chicago area.
    Thanks.
  • stevenkapoorstevenkapoor Member Posts: 3
    Hi Guys,

I received the following quote from North Central Ford in Dallas, TX. Do you think this is a good deal? Have you come across any better deals for the 09 fusions? Do you think I can push them for even more since they have quite a few in stock?

2009 FUSION SEL
    2.3L I4 ENGINE
    5-SPEED AUTO TRANSMISSION
    CAMELLEATHER SEATING
    .P225/50R17 V RATED TIRES
    MOON & TUNE VALUE PACKAGE
    POWER MOONROOF
    AUDIOPHILE SOUND SYSTEM
    REAR SPOILER
    REVERSE SENSING
    HEATED FRONT SEATS

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS 25,310
    DESTINATION & DELIVERY 725.00
    TOTAL BEFORE DISCOUNTS 26,035

Internet Sale Price $**20393.00
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,204
    one thing you may want to think about, regardless of the price is the camel color interior.
    the carpet is very hard to keep clean, if that matters to you.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • stevenkapoorstevenkapoor Member Posts: 3
    bump!

anyone has any suggestions on what I can talk the dealer down to on this car? I am still thinking about this one.
  • mspearlmspearl Member Posts: 1
    how much would the monthly payment be for a 2007 ford fusion 14 SEL?
  • wpwoodjrwpwoodjr Member Posts: 12
    On Mar 31 I ordered a green Fusion Hybrid with black leather (package 502a - the works). I got it for $28,875 + $775 dealer prep + $470 "FDAF Assessment" (whatever that is) for a total of $30,120 before taxes. With the $3400 tax credit that brings it down under $27,000. Seems like a good deal!

I put $500 down - should be here in 8 weeks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,738
    Hi...

That's going to depend on a lot of factors.

How much are you going to pay for the car?
    Do you have any downpayment?
    How long do you want to finance it?
    Do you have good credit?
    Have you shopped your local bank or credit union for financing?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• maratik999maratik999 Member Posts: 1
    That looks like a great deal. Did you need to haggle with the dealer? Seems like you are doing much better then the MSRP which my dealer would not budge from. Any info from your buying experience on getting the dealer to go below MSRP? Thanks in advance.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    A reporter is looking to speak to consumers who purchased a Ford, GM or Hyundai vehicle due to the owner protection plans. Please send your daytime phone number and the vehicle you own to [email protected] by Monday, April 13, 2009.

Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• lingzlingz Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am here to look for some help on the price of a new 09 Ford Fusion I4 SE, with automatic trans. I am living around Chicago.

The MSRP is $19,760 (standard) + $875 (auto trans) + $295 (rear spoiler) + $725 (destination delivery) = $21,655

With $3,500 rebate, the dealer gave me an internet price of $16,500, which does not include tax, doc fee, license fee etc.
    With some rough calculation, plus tax ($16,500 * 6.5%=$1,072.5), and other fees (say, $300), the OTD will be like $17,800. Or, if the tax is ($16,500+$3,500)*6.5%, the price will be higher.

I am thinking this price is a little bit higher than I expected. If any body can give me some suggestion? How low I should be able to ask from the dealer.
  • wpwoodjrwpwoodjr Member Posts: 12
    On Sat 3/28 went to local dealer and saw 2009 Fusion which I liked. Spoke to my brother-in-law who sells Audis and he found a dealer near him who would sell 2010 Fusion Hybrid for $500 over invoice. Called my dealer and they would not budge without "proof"; I didn't want to put my brother-in-law's contact out so told them I wouldn't drive to another dealer just to get a quote for them. Found another dealer nearby who matched the price. The inventory price with the 502a package was $29145 (including $725 destination charges), + $500 "over invoice", + $470 FDAF = $30,115. I got it for $30,120.85 before taxes so an extra $5.85 snuck in there somehow. I'm basing the invoice price on Edmund's TMV pricing report, which doesn't seem to include FDAF.

I think the key is to have quotes from different dealers. Use the internet. My contact with the dealer I ended up buying from was initiated via an internet quote.
  • timmythebonetimmythebone Member Posts: 18
    Quote for 2009 SE 5 speed Auto with sun/sync package, floor mats, spoiler, redfire with stonecloth
    OTD $18,733
    Northeast PA
    No idea if this is a good deal or can do better. Any help?
  • student22student22 Member Posts: 33
    Found a 2008 Ford Fusion SE V-6 24,000 Miles
    Cloth Seats
    Good to Excellent Condition
    ABS/Side Airbags
    White
    PW/PL Tilt/Cruise
    6 cd/Mp3Player
    Manual Air Conditioning (not the digital readout type)
    Price is $13,997 at a Dealer in OK 73701
    Is this a good price?
    Thanks in Advance
    i purchased my 2009 fusion s automatic in nov.2008 new for 15.300.00 with 3500 in rebates otd for 17.500.00 dont know how good that was but i seen in the forum other peoples deals and that seems to be about it, and since yours is used , have you checked the rebates on the new ones you may just pay the same for a new one.
  • kemond1kemond1 Member Posts: 6
    So I haven't bought a car since Oct. 2000 and apparently things have changed. My last purchase was a 2000 Grand Am GT. I was looking at the paper work and I paid for the car, sales tax and extended warranty. Now, I'm looking at a Fusion SE V6 with spt package and they want me to pay sales tax, title fee ($39) and doc fee ($149). What exactly am I paying for in those two fees. If I'm buying the car they have to give me the title. I was told that this is optional. But doc fee? They are offering to sell the car for $22,900, which I still think they can go lower.
    The Edmunds TMV price is $18,050 (which doesn't include tax/tag/title), so $18,733 appears to be a good deal.
    A 2009 Ford Fusion SE V6 with Sport Appearance Package has an MSRP of $24,115 and an Edmunds 'True Market Value' of $18,627. $22,900 is WAY too much for the car you describe!

Are there any other options besides the Sport Appearance Package? If not, you should be able to buy this car for under $19k (plus sales tax and tag/title fees). Your OTD price shouldn't be a penny more than $20k!
    Almost every one has document fees now. It is silly, they discounmt the car and then add that back in. $149 is not too bad, in some markets they are adding like $500 from what I have read. It is typically $99-129 in my area.

The state governments have given dealers the option to charge a discrete document fee that is supposed to represent the cost of doing the govenment paper work associated with selling a car, as I understand it. They are not required to charge this fee, nor is the amount set by the government (beyond indicating that it must be represntative of the actual cost, at least that is the rule in my state). Some dealers will claim or imply that it is a required fee charged by the government.

I don't worry about it, beyond making sure when I get a price that I know what all the add on fees are with each dealer that I am dealing with, so that I can compare the true price. I don't really care how they want to subdivide the price...as long as I know what the final sum is.
    I didn't take the $3500 yet when I said that amount, so they are charging $19,400. They also claimed that the invoice quoted on edmunds is wrong. I asked them to mail me a copy. I should get it in a couple of days, if they send it. Right now, the OTD is at $21,200.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,204
    edmunds does not include the advirtising charge you will see on the vehicle invoice.
    i think it varies by region, so i can kind of see why it is not included.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    Yeah, got the invoice. There is a $450 charge for FDAF/LMDA Assessment, which is what you were referring to. So they are actually selling it to me $300 above invoice. If they actually even paid that for it, considering the A&Z Plan is pricing it $1,000 below invoice. I'll probably get it.......stupid doc fees at all.
  • frostbyte3964frostbyte3964 Member Posts: 30
    I was quoted just under $20k without tax and registration for a 2010 SE with Floor matts and SYNC with the 2.5L manual engine and moon roof. That has a $2000 rebate so before the rebate it was almost $22k. The SEL added auto leather 6 disk CD, on top of the SE features I had before, but that was $$23.3k so just over $3k difference.
    Interesting, but sounds a bit high still to me.
    Also have the option to add the reverse detect on the SEL as well as 18" rims, but I like the MPG so I'd expect the 18's would lower that slightly.
    Anyone else get quotes for the 2010 yet? They have a price guarantee so I'm shopping now.
  • austinman7austinman7 Member Posts: 313
    FWIW -- I was shopping a 2009 Mazda6 last fall and was quoted documentation fees of $489 and $590 at two different dealerships. The other folks on the Mazda thread at the time said that was way above the average of about $200-250.

I'm still shopping. Drove a 2010 Fusion Sport last night, the first one I've driven since trying out the then-new Fusion several years ago. The power was nice, the car ran smoothly. I got the feeling of the hood and doorsills being higher up, which I think is a trend in cars as they try to make them safer for the occupants, but takes away some of the sporty feel of the car, IMO. I'm waiting for them to get a 3.0 V6 in stock, which is probably the car I'd go for.

I don't see much chatter from folks who are buying the 2010 model right now, on the Fusion/Milan thread. Is there another place where people are talking about their experiences at owning and driving this new model?

Thanks.
    austinman7,
    There's not much chatter as of yet because 2010 Fusions are just arriving in showrooms and pre-orders are also just arriving. I ordered my 2010 Fusion SEL on 3/2 and I just got the word yesterday mine has been built and will be 2 weeks for delivery to Minneapolis. Once there's more out there I'm sure owners will be talking them up.

2010 Fusion SEL
    Sport Blue Metallic
    2.5L
    Moon & Tune
    Remote Starter
  • mitchfloridamitchflorida Member Posts: 420
    I don't see the Fusion as a sports car or even as a sporty car. A Fusion is a Fusion, . . you can put a wing spoiler and a bigger engine on it, but it still is a front wheel family sedan.

If you care about performance, you need to get something with rear wheel drive . . maybe a Camaro ..that is in the same price range.
    tim156,

Yeah, that makes sense. Dealers in my area have had some inventory for a week now, and I was thinking some early adapters would be posting their experiences by now, but it's a little early I suppose.

Good luck with your SEL -- sounds like a nice car. Are you a current Fusion owner, which would give you some insight into the 2010, or did you just order yours based on reviews, etc.?
    am7,
    I currently own an 2007 Freestyle. I had a chance to see, sit in and listen to the Sony sound system, but not drive, a 2010 Fusion Sport in late February. I drove a 2009 a few days later to get a feel for the ride and began shopping dealers that day. All the early reviews were really positive and recent reviews continue to be good. The Fusion is a big leap from my FS SEL in ride, MPG, technology and style. I originally purchased the FS for the utility but my needs and desires have changed. I can't wait to get my Fusion!
  • neile457neile457 Member Posts: 65
    I'm confused, is the incentives for the 4 cyl the same as the V6, $3500 rebate or 0% financing? Or is it both? I can't figure it out on Ford's website. I am looking at a 2009 SE 4cyl, and trying to figure out the best way to go if it is "or".
    tim 156,

That all sounds good. The reviews I've seen have been good, including a Car & Driver (March or April) writeup that was on a manual transmission 4-cylinder model, which wasn't all that great for me since I'm looking at a V6 automatic.

Glad you're excited in anticipation of a new car, and hope you enjoy it. When it arrives, please post your reactions here -- would love to read them.
    The Fusion, much like the Mazda6 on which is was based, is among the more 'athletic' mid-size sedans. They may not be the fastest (although the new Mazda6 with 3.7L V6 is close) but the Fusion can hang with the best of them in the curves!
    When the '09 Mazda6 was introduced, all the reviews were of the 4-cylinder "i" with the 6-speed manual transmission and the 's' with 3.7L V6 and 6AT. I still haven't seen a test/review of the 2.5L with automatic transmission...even though it's the highest volume powertrain combo, easily!

So far, the Fusion has been the Hybrid, 2.5L/6MT and a few reviews of the Sport Model. But nothing on the 2.5L/AT or 3.0L/AT combos that will represent 80%+ of Fusion sales! It's irritating!