Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Lexus IS 250 / IS 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    gnarlydudegnarlydude Member Posts: 11
    I think thats good, i'm getting mine for below 30,000 + taxes without navi, so if add the cost of navi and stuff it comes out to around the same, although if you paid over 35.8k they might have added something in there.Still not a bad deal.
  • Options
    harryyfharryyf Member Posts: 2
    Longo Lexus in Los Angeles area.
  • Options
    Alright so I bought my car last night, 08' Lexus IS 250 Smokey Granite with Black interior, Premium Package no navi. I love my car, drives great, feels smooth back seat is alittle small but I knew that going into this, awesome stereo gonna get some 19" MMR GT rims put on this week can't wait. I went to longo, told them I wanted to buy, they didn't want to match or beat the deal I had, so I walked out on them, I called Cerritos and the sales manager was a big jerk and thought I was lying about the price!! I told him, you must not want to sell me a car! And he said.. and I quote.." No.. I dont think I do want to sell you a car." So I hung up. called the guy I was dealing with from OC, did everything over the phone, got a good rate, walked in, walked out an hour and a half later with my new lexus ready to go. No BS, didn't pay much over invoice. Dont be afraid to ask for the invoice sheet to see what the dealership ACTUALLY paid for the car, dont believe the sticker on the window, they will have to show you legally if you ask, they can't hide that. If they dont want to show you.. Walk AWAY!.. So I'm glad I went with this guy, and i'm glad I bought a lexus instead of the BMW i wanted originally. Good luck.
    Anthony
    Socal55chevrolet at yah oo dot com.
  • Options
    mira8ellemira8elle Member Posts: 5
    Hi Chuang,

I got my 08 IS 250 RWD with Premium Package and Navi for $35,300 OTD. What do you think? I think I could have gotten a better deal...

Also, my car did not have the Lexus rear bumper applique, so I feel kinda gypped. When I go back on Friday, I am going to ask that they add that on.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.
  • Options
    camry1317camry1317 Member Posts: 16
    First one I am looking at has an MSRP of $35,675. The price they gave me is $31,750.

The other one has a few options and an MSRP of $37,200. The price on this one is $32,750.

I have a 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP with a trade in blue book value of 14k for excellent, 13.1k for good and 12.5 for fair. They are only willing to give me 12k for my car even though it is only two years old, no dings, dents, etc.

I don't think they are offering me anything special...

What do you guys think of the deal?
  • Options
    Well I'll tell you what.. I got my car at well below $30,000 it took alot of talking but I got it around the mid 29's, I was super happy, thats without navi, so if you add the $2,500 navigation it comes out alitte over $32,000 and thats if you pay full price for the navi and not talk them down. Maybe prices are different out there.
  • Options
    isbuyerisbuyer Member Posts: 1
    Hey, I am in the Chicago area and I am in the market for a new AWD car.. I am getting the base lexus at invoice ($31,728). The model includes rear spoiler and car mats... the OTD price comes out to be $35,012.. is this a good deal?

Also, the dealer is offering 5.9% financing for ppl with good credit.. any thoughts?

Thanks!
  • Options
    calvin464calvin464 Member Posts: 12
    Hi,
    I'm thinking of getting a 2008 IS 250 RWD with premium pkg. Can anyone share the OTD price in sf bay area? Thanks
  • Options
    mauler12mauler12 Member Posts: 6
    Did you have the HID headlights and 18" Alloys on yours included in that price?

Thanks!
  • Options
    mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    Which dealer did you go through and what was the MSRP of the vehicle you bought? I looked at picking this vehicle up but opted for the G35, we're now back in the market for another vehicle and again came back to the IS250. I live in CT so driving to MA is not an issue.
  • Options
    I'm in southern california so I dont think I could be of much help! And to answer the other question the xpackage was like 8 or 900 bucks more and I didn't want it, they come with paddle shifters and i'm getting 19's or 20's so I didn't need the 18's or sport suspension, they are nice though! But I didn't need it so didn't add it.
  • Options
    So you had the HID headlights on yours though? What was the MSRP on your IS250?
  • Options
    novanova Member Posts: 135
    I got an offer of $ 100.00 over invoice. they say they are waving the dealer fee.s but they make it up with a low offer on my 07 trade in with less than 10,000 miles. We were only $ 500.00 apart and they let me walk out. The 09 lexus is due out in about 30 to 45 days. I guess I will try another dealer towards the end of the mount
  • Options
    I finalized the deal today, pick the car up on Monday...

Starfire Pearl Lexus IS 250 AWD

MSRP: $35,600
    Invoice: 31,109
    Price Paid: 31,100
    Trade: 13,300 (KBB Good Condition was 13,100)
    Fees: 375
    Taxes: 889.50 (5% of difference between trade and sale price)

$32,375 out the door excluding trade.
    5.9% interest rate

I think I did pretty good...
  • Options
    tpoztpoz Member Posts: 4
    Would you mind sharing the dealers name? I'm currently dealing with Herb Chambers , whom seems to be discounting around 11% to 12% off MSRP. I've also been corresponding with Lexus of Watertown but they won't counteroffer even after I've made an offer. Any experiences with dealing would be helpful.
  • Options
    letitbe1973letitbe1973 Member Posts: 2
    Hi lvingmylexus,

Since you are from New Brunswick, are you Canadian importing Lexus from US? I am Canadian and in Toronto, and want to import IS250 from US to Canada as well. Does the dealer you dealt with know all the paper work? Thanks.

letitbe1973
  • Options
    Herb Chambers, the salesman was real good, we were back and forth until I got the right price but it was one of the better car buying experiences I have had.

I pick up the car tomorrow, hopefully all goes well.
  • Options
    tpoztpoz Member Posts: 4
    Thank you for the reply. I must have contacted about seven other dealers and Herb Chambers gave me the lowest quote without asking me for an offer first. Others asked me to come in and test drive the vehicle after I noted that I had already driven the vehicle. Typical get me in the door pitch.
    Good luck tomorrow. Let me know how you make out.
  • Options
    letitbe1973letitbe1973 Member Posts: 2
    Hi camry1317,

Could you please send me your dealer info as well? Thanks.
  • Options
    not2richnot2rich Member Posts: 1
    I am in market for a RWD IS250, anyone share your experience in DFW area?

thanks,
  • Options
    akshaychandakshaychand Member Posts: 1
    I bought mine in Jan 2007 for $32,500. It includes navigation system and the Mark Levison sound system. Pretty sweet deal. I did go as a cash buyer though and sweated it for about 1.5 hours before the salesguy gave up.
  • Options
    misterm1misterm1 Member Posts: 4
    sticker was 39109.00
    Included HID's
    Nav System
    Premium Package
    "X" Package
    and preferred accessory package.

I purchased the vehicle for $33,980 and had the dealer add the F-Sport intake system before delivery and add it to the payment, an additional $395.00 charge for the intake.

i put $1000 down and my payment is $471.00 including sales tax for 36 months with 12k miles per year.

Residual was 56% and money factor of .00105

Thank you in advance
  • Options
    kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Lets see. I am getting quoted 30,631 for a 250 with only the premium package. Only the first month down and I get $471 including tax. I'd say you are getting a pretty good deal.

Of course I am rolling into the lease $600 for plates and a whopping $689 doc fee.

The residual I am getting quoted is 54% and MF of .0009.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    jeffman619jeffman619 Member Posts: 31
    Hi guys. I just got this deal yesterday:
    IS350 12K miles residual 51% MF 0.00154
    Sticker Price 43249
    Sales Price 38265
    Invoice ~ 37800
    $990 down (first months payment plus title, license, doc fees)
    Monlthy payment $610 per month

Shoot for invoice. I got this for about $500 over invoice but i got the money factor down from .00165 to .00154. So essentially this was sold for invoice. GOOD LUCK!
  • Options
    khan95osukhan95osu Member Posts: 26
    so you $990 wasnt really a "down" payment was it? just due at lease signing? 610 monthly = about $380 dealer fees... seems reasonable.

sounds like you got a great deal. last time i went in they quoted:

$43,735 MSRP, didnt negotiate yet... 51%, MF .00190, 36mo... $776/month! if I could get 600ish Id jump on it. I knew the 76 was ridiculous... and that was ridiculous enough for me to not even mess with it.

its like honda quoting me $666 for a $31,000 accord coupe. why bother even starting a deal if they try to screw you over that much from the start? I need to quit mentioning im a dentist.
  • Options
    Correct, the $990 is not a "down payment'.

I think once you start negotiating they will give way in. They offer you sticker just in case you're dumb enough to say YES. also , it anchors the negotiations really high. Just go back at them right away and ask for an offer at invoice. It might be hard to get $600 if the MF is that high, but i think you should try for the $600 and i expect you to be able to get it ~ $630. Maybe you should question them on the MF . (i guess this depends on your credit score, but if yours is really high i think you can get it closer to .0016). Each 0.0001 should change the payment by about $7. Let us know what happens. good luck!
  • Options
    Putnam Lexus in Redwood City has great prices on their IS250's - purchased one for ~1500 below invoice last week. The internet sales guy was a pleasure to deal with - no pressure and very helpful. I would definitely recommend him.

Coliseum Lexus in Oakland on the other hand is full of sleazebags - first their internet sales guy said he would "significantly beat" my lowest quote, but I'd have to go in first. When we go in, they claim that there was "no way" you could get the IS250 for 1500 below invoice and said $500 below MSRP(!!!) was a great deal. Stay away from them! They'll blatantly lie to you just to get you in and try and sweet talk you - I could smell the slime dripping from their hair.
  • Options
    Bait and switch... oldest trick in the book.
    good job on the $1500 below invoice! sweet!
  • Options
    calvin464calvin464 Member Posts: 12
    Do you mind share us what package come with your IS250 and the selling price? Also the name of the guy would be great. Thanks
  • Options
    It was an IS250 w/ nav + prem. pkg + pref access. + HIDs + 18" alloys - MSRP was over 38k. Our price was a bit over 32k before ttl; however the price was valid only until the end of the month for obvious reasons. Ask for Clyde - he really was a pleasure to deal with.
  • Options
    wishthugwishthug Member Posts: 2
    32k OTD price tax? I am of new here but when people buy a car and they say they got it below invoice price does it mean they got it OTD with taxes? or is invoice price below tax?
  • Options
    brandonhoangbrandonhoang Member Posts: 5
    Hi everyone, I'm currently in the market for an 08 IS250 AWD, I've looking and shopping around Chicago, Wisconsin, and Minnesota are, but the best they've offered is 500 over the invoice. I was just wondering is it the best offer around this area. If anyone else know any better offer, please share or if anyone wants to know the dealership that offers 500 over the invoice, email me, thanks

Brandon
  • Options
    dcchen1dcchen1 Member Posts: 2
    I've been working with a dealer near my place and got this..08 IS250 with automatic, X package, nav, premium plus...i may be missing some other options..but MSRP is around $39.5K...they will sell it for around $33.5K..i think thats about 1K off invoice...seems like a good price from reading the forum..but just wanted to get a second opinion..thanks..
  • Options
    bbw929bbw929 Member Posts: 3
    Do you mind to share the dealership's detail? I am looking for the similar model but couldn't find a deal like yours. Thanks!
  • Options
    bbw929bbw929 Member Posts: 3
    Are you looking for an AWD? Do you mind to share the dealership's detail? I am looking for the similar model but couldn't find a deal like yours. Thanks!
  • Options
    yacamocayacamoca Member Posts: 8
    Hi, I'm situated in So Cal, in the San Gabriel Valley and I'm searching for an IS250 with the above features. From what I'm finding, I shouldn't be spending more than $36k OTD. Is that correct? thank you.
  • Options
    dcchen1dcchen1 Member Posts: 2
    i got basically the same package..08 IS250, automatic, Nav, Prem, HID, X Package, and preferred package..33K..OTD was about 36K..I am up in the SF bay area
  • Options
    naabuddynaabuddy Member Posts: 6
    This is my first posting on this forum. So please bear with me and help me understand my new car purchase analysis/options!

Model year: Lexus IS 250 2008 AWD (brand new)
    Miles on the car: 86
    Options included: Luxury, Navigation, Premium, & Preferred Accessory Packages, and All weather Mats
    MSRP: $41,174 + Taxes, etc.
    Invoice Price: $35,896
    TMV: $37,169(Edmunds)
    Financing: 2.9% APR for 48 months
    Down Payment: 0 (this may not be my choice)
    Dealer's quote: $37,000 + Taxes, etc.
    My offer: $35,000 + Taxes, etc.

My questions to all you experienced dudes:
    •What should be the best price (between $35,000 - $37,000) should I finally go for this car?
    •What should I check for in the new car (with any known issues with IS 250 AWD)?
    •Should I negotiate for free Services (one of the competing dealer is offering free services thru 50k miles) ?
    •Having 86 miles on the new car have any negative impacts?
    •If I finally negotiate for $36,000, what should be my best bet if I have to go for Lease option. Please include for 12k, 36 months, Zero down, Monthly: ?, Residual value: ?
    •Any related experiences?
  • Options
    newbuyer2008newbuyer2008 Member Posts: 10
    Hi everyone - I am new to this thread and was wondering if I am getting a fair price on a 2008 IS 250 with premium package and Navigation. MSRP 37520 + cargo nets, wheel locks, trunk mat, rear bumper applique = Total MSRP 37799. I am getting a price of 32K plus taxes and doc fees. I am in the LA area.

Thank you!
  • Options
    superg03superg03 Member Posts: 3
    Hi guys,

I am new to this thread and to buying a new car. This will be my first new car, and I really don't want to get taken advantage of. I want to buy a new 2008 IS 250 RWD w/ Prem Pkg (incl 18 inch alloy wheels) + Navigation + Spoiler. I am in the DFW area, and I don't know whether to go with Park Place or Sewell Lexus dealership. According to Park Place, on the car that I want, the MSRP is $38,250. I have my own financing, which means I can just write them a check. What would a good OTD price be and is there any additional services, etc that I should try for? Can anyone recommend a dealership / sales guy I should deal with? Thanks in advance to those who help this newbie.

SuperG
  • Options
    marcux21marcux21 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

Just signed off on a deal on an IS250 AWD for 520 a month with the dealership making my first payment and only 87 dollars (license plates) due at signing. The car had the following packages:

Luxury package
    Premium package
    Navigation Package
    Ipod-Interface kit
    weather tech floor mats
    preferred accessory package
    rear lip spoiler

This had an MSRP of 41,828. Is this a good deal? It is for a 48 month lease for 15 k miles.
  • Options
    phxfiredudephxfiredude Member Posts: 3
    i have search for the last 2 years , yes i guess i do wait for a great deal. i did some traveling to california and found the oxnard dealership rather competitive. here in arizona the lexus dealerships have more of that " if you have to ask you cant afford it"mentality. i want a IS350 Red but thats not a stickler. They say you can get the sports model. makes me wonder why they advertise packages you can not get. just as with the ISF. they list a base model but Lexus does not produce those so the advertising is misleading in a way. I am in love with the IS350 just with with the economy, they would try to deal with you. i tried to special order one but they want like 2-3 grand just to order the car for you when its a guarantee sale. i am paying cash? any experience or help out there please let me know thank you
  • Options
    kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Since you didn't tell us what you payed for the car how are we supposed to tell you if it is a good deal or not?
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    newcar2008kknewcar2008kk Member Posts: 1
    I'm currently in the market for the same model/options, and that sounds like a great price to me. I'm also in LA - would you mind sharing which dealerhip/salesperson you've gone to? Thanks!
  • Options
    superg03superg03 Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone here, either based on inside knowledge, or based on past experiences, know when the 2009 IS 250 would be available at dealerships? Is it like Sept 1? The reason is, because it is already mid August, I could wait the extra 2-3 weeks for the next years model. However, if it were like Oct, then maybe it is not worth waiting. Please advise. Thanks.

SuperG
  • Options
    newbuyer2008newbuyer2008 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Super G -

I definitely would not pay msrp. The car I was looking at was msrp 37799 and the car you are looking at has a msrp of 38250. this is a difference of 451. So I would not pay more that 32451 at the most. Lexus also has 2.9% financing for 48mo and 3.9 for 60 mos. My credit union could not beat that.
    The dealer is trying to get me to lease the IS 250 for 433 a month. This includes tax and 15k mi/yr. Zero down. Only about 725.00 or so for first month payment, license etc. The money factor is .00075 (or about 1.9%)

Does anyone think I'd be better off leasing given that deal - instead of buying???
    If anyone can help out there I'd really appreciate it. I need to decide today, whether I will lease or buy.
  • Options
    frmrcarsalesfrmrcarsales Member Posts: 1
    The relationship between these two dealers has been nothing short of a blood feud over the years. Let each know you are negotiating with the other and they will fall all over themselves to get the deal -- particularly during August, and particularly since Lexus sales have been down dramatically over the last few months. You should be able to buy below invoice.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    zoolander1zoolander1 Member Posts: 2
    Welcome to the club. I bought an 2007 IS350 in Oct/06. I did my research and was disappointed to find out that the Base Model advertised by Lexus doesn't exist. I went as far as E-mailing Lexus Corp. and they said that cars are alocated by region and market demographics therefore they produce what "people will want to see at the lots". I thought that was misleading. I wanted to buy a bare bones IS350 with 17" wheels but it did not exist. I had to buy my car with premium package and 18s. for $40k. At the time it was a good deal, about $2100 below msrp.
    Personally, I love my car. It's a jet. It is a perfect blend between luxury and performance. But if I had to do it again I would opt for the 2.5 engine and maybe the same package. I live in a flat desert and don't need that much engine power that comes at a $6k price difference and a much higher insurance premium. Real life MPG is also about 25% lower for the 3.5.
    Do the math.
  • Options
    marcux21marcux21 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I got it for 38,600 and they included XM sat. They said that it costs having XM radio installed costs about 800...so I guess I got a pretty good deal...?
  • Options
    ltazeltaze Member Posts: 17
    I got an offer from one of the dealerships in Miami - Lexus of Kendall, for the IS 250 RWD, Premium Package, no navigation. The offer I got was for 32489 plus tax tag and FL fees,with an OTD of 34777.78. Is that a good deal?