Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2007 Volvo S80

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    cet1stcet1st Member Posts: 17
    Where can you purchase Volvo OEM Xenon HID (D1S) bulbs? Do you have to replace them in pairs? Are they difficult to replace?
  • Options
    displacedtexandisplacedtexan Member Posts: 364
    My wife and I just bought a Certified Pre-owned 2007 S80. 3.2 engine. No adaptive cruise, parking sensors, or Nav, but otherwise loaded. Looking forward to as many good miles in this as we've put on our other Volvos.
  • Options
    I brought a pre-owned 2007 S80 V8 engine. It's loaded with everything except parking sensors and Nav. I have enjoyed everything about this car except its low-profiled tires whose rims are easily bent by pot-holes found on main streets and the interstate. So far, I have had six (6) bend rims and counting. Low-profile tires and rims are great on widing curved roads, mild-climated cities and states roads. Does anyone have advice on how to solve my problem with bent rims?
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,950
    Well, unfortunately, you've already spent a great deal of $$ on replacement rims that are the same size. You could have, and still should, but different smaller wheels. Sounds like you'd be better served by 17" wheels.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    volvomaxvolvomax Member Posts: 5,238
    Yes, don't hit any potholes! :P

Remember that you have a 4000 lb car slamming into unforgiving asphalt.
    No rim on the planet is going to handle that kind of force. If it did, it would be your suspension that bends.
    I would adjust your driving habits, and probably go w/ a 17" rim.
    Even those will bend,but they are less likely to than the 18"
  • Options
    How do you adjust your speed on the interstate (I65 South) going 65 mph, driving in the right lane (because you're not passing)? This hole was created by trucks. The last three bent rims occurred while drive on the interstate. But I will follow your advice.
  • Options
    swede_luleaswede_lulea Member Posts: 1
    Had noise from front left since 15.000 miles. My car now has 31.000 miles on it. Volvo North America finally agreed to replace gearbox under warranty (after many visits to dealer) - in the shop as we speak... I really hope this will fix this problem. A little disappointed on Volvo service/warranty that it took them this long to acknowledge problem that started years ago.

Anyone else having noise/problem from transmission on S80 V8?
  • Options
    rashmirashmi Member Posts: 1
    Hi I have the same issue with my volvo s80 V8 AWD, done 35000 kilometres.
    I have taken to the dealers and they keep telling me that it is tyre noise.

Regards

Rashmi
  • Options
    doctordickdoctordick Member Posts: 36
    My S80 has the automatic parking brake release feature. Recently, on occasional start-ups, I get a message "service parking brake". My technician, not at the dealer, has checked the parking brake and its OK as far as he can see.

Any thoughts on solving this?? Besides taking it in to the dealer.

Thanks, doctor dick.