Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Chevrolet Equinox Lease Questions

Comments

• goblue11goblue11 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

Can you tell me the current residual and finance rate for a 2011 Chevy Equinox, AWD 1LT for a 36 mo/12,000mile lease?

Also, woudl this change if you are eligible for family preffered/EVA discount?

Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello goblue11. Ally's January base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of s 2011 Chevrolet Equinox AWD 1LT with 12,000 miles per year are 1.8% and 52%, respectively.

General Motors is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

These programs are the same for all customers, even those who qualify for supplier or employee pricing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • bnicitabnicita Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    Hello

can you tell me the current lease rates and residuals for a 2011 awd 1LT model

thanks
  • mnguy1mnguy1 Member Posts: 6
    Considering an 2011 Equinox LTZ loaded to lease for 36 mo. at 15000 miles/year. Could you please provide the February leasing figures?

Thanks for a great forum and your help.
    Hello bnicita. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox 1LT AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.8% and 50%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go mnguy1. Ally's February base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ with 15,000 miles per year are 1.8% and 48%, respectively.

As I mentioned in my previous post, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that GM is currently providing on this truck when negotiating your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • cdilcdil Member Posts: 5
    Considering an 2011 Equinox LT1 FWD lease for 39 mo. at 12000 miles/year. Could you please provide the February leasing figures? (with and with/out the driver convenience pkg)? Thanks!
  • rman850rrman850r Member Posts: 14
    Carman,

Is there currently an attractive lease program for 24/27 months for the Equinox AWD 1LT and LTZ? Does the low lease rate GM has for other short term leases apply to the Equinox? If so, I am interested in the residual and lease rate for 24/27 months and 15k per year.

Thanks
  • flagal1flagal1 Member Posts: 1
    We are looking for the same deal with the convenience pkg. So far we have been quoted $424 a month with 39 months. Have you struck a deal?
  • cdilcdil Member Posts: 5
    nope not yet..... I haven't even got a quote yet, but I'll let you know when I do. Based on my own calculations I'm targeting $340 - $370 range.
  • afogchiafogchi Member Posts: 1
    Hello CM,
    I'd appreciate your assistance with the estimated interest rate and residual value on a 2011 Chevy Equinox 2LT, FWD, leather package (if that's needed), 36 mo. and 12k miles.
    Also, I'm being quoted a "lease tax rate"of 7.25%, is that standard? Plus on top of that I get killed with an 8% usage tax for the city of Chicago which I understand is non negotiable.
    Regards,
    afogchi
    Hi cdil. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 FWD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.8% and 51%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rman850r. I don't believe that General Motors is currently providing any support on two year leases of the Equinox. I'll double check to make sure that's the case and let you know if I find out anything different.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello afogchi. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT FWD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.8% and 51%, respectively.

Illinois is notoriously bad for leasing when it comes to sales tax, so I'm not surprised about the taxes that you were quoted.

Car_man
    Host
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    What are the current rates/residuals on a 2011 Equinox 2LT AWD for 36 & 39 month terms, both 12k & 15k? Any other cash available for leases?

Thanks, this would be in zip 19966.
  • gman1967gman1967 Member Posts: 3
    What are the current figures on a 2011 2LT and LTZ AWD 4Cyl 36,39, 48 mo 15k/yr?

in suffolk county, NY 11949
    Hello beach15. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.45% and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 1.45% and 47%.

If you were to lease this truck with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gman1967. Please see my previous post for the 36 and 39 month 2LT numbers. The numbers for a 48 month, 15k lease of this truck are 2.8% and 42%.

The lease rates for the Equinox LTZ AWD are the same, but its residual values are 2% lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • rosenbj1rosenbj1 Member Posts: 20
    Hi Car_Man,
    Read the above postings on the AWD 2LT model. Are the residuals and money factors any different for a FWD 2LT model-- I'm looking at 36 month, 12k/yr? Also, do the numbers change if options like leather or sunroof are added as options?
    Thanks,
    -Jon
    Car man,

Did Ally introduce a 24/27 month program for the Equinox this month? If so, could you give me the numbers for a 1LT AWD and LTZ AWD with 15k miles per year?

Also,

Any lease cash?

Thanks
    Hey rosenbj1. The lease program for the FWD and AWD models are interestingly exactly the same. The addition of the options that you mentioned should not have any impact upon the lease program either.

Car_man
    Host
    edited March 2011
    Hi rman850r. I don't believe that General Motors is providing lease support on 24 month leases of the Equinox through Ally. I've heard that you can lease one through GM Financial for 24 month at a lease rate of 3.05%, but I don't know what the residuals would be.

There's no lease cash for deals through GM Financial.

Car_man
    Host
  • aj72aj72 Member Posts: 3
    HI,
    Can you give me the current figures for lease rate/ residual for the Equinox 1 LT with driver convenience and cargo packages? 4 cyclinder, AWD model with 15K per year. 36 or 39 months.
    New york state tax 8%

Thanks!
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    aj72,
    If you would email me with your zip code I would be happy to assist you with leasing information. Have a great weekend!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    It's 12534.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Hi,

We'd prefer that pricing and lease variable information be posted in the forums, where it will benefit the multitude of our members, rather than off-line, where it remains hidden from the rest of us.

Thanks for your understanding... If you can't do that, then Car_Man will be along to provide that information.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host - Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hi aj72. Ally's current base lease rate for a 36 or 39 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox 4-cylinder AWD with 15,000 miles per year is 1.8%.

I haven't seen the residual values for this month yet, so I'll have to look into that for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_man,
    Have you seen any of the figures for residuals yet?

aj72
  • chriswalter8chriswalter8 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man!

Thank you for your valuable input! You are helping my wife and I from getting gouged!

Can you let me know what the residual, and rate is on a 3 year lease with 12,000 miles on a 2011 Chevy Equinox 1LT w/ convenience package and sunroof (does the CP and sunroof make a difference in the residual values?)?

Also, what is the minimum credit score for Ally's top tier? 720?

Thanks Car Man!
    You're very welcome chriswalter8.

Ally's May base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox 1LT AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.8% and 52%, respectively.

I think that Ally is fairly lenient in determining who qualifies for its best rates. Unless your credit is in really rough shape you should be able to take advantage of the aforementioned special lease rate.

Car_man
    Host
  • sheepdog1sheepdog1 Member Posts: 36
    Hey Carman, what are the latest base lease rates and residuals and lease incentives for the Equinox? Thanks.
  • daddyjakesdaddyjakes Member Posts: 14
    Hi Car Man,

Can you give me the current figures for money factor/ residual for the Equinox 2LT with 4 cylinder, AWD, with 15K per year for 36 months. I live in NY but the dealer is in Paramus NJ. Sales guy swore "the mf is around 4% and the lease is brutal right now."

Thanks
    Hey sheepdog1. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.8% and 53%, respectively.

General Motors is only providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of the Equinox 1LS through Ally right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings daddyjakes. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.8% and 50%, respectively.

That's a lot better than the 4% that the dealer mentioned.

Car_man
    Host
  • mkzm7478mkzm7478 Member Posts: 4
    soo i am getting an equinox. Lease

i'm trying to undertand all of it but here is what i got. i was hoping you would let me know if i'm getting a deal or not.

It's a 2011 Equinox LT1 with driver conv package.
    $26,710 is the agreed price..
    $2,000 at lease inception.
    $14,040 buy out at lease end.
    12K miles per year.
    monthly payments of $373.00
    39 month lease

I would love to hear your opinion

thanks in advance

Mike
  • w7zardw7zard Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    You may ask them to double check the numbers. I just agreed to a 2011 1LT FWD with Convenience Package at a price of $24815, 12k miles, residual price $13165, $367 per month for 36 months. I did get a $1000 targeted market money as a current Pontiac owner and $1000 my money. Lease is thru GM Finance not Ally however.
  • redls1redls1 Member Posts: 37
    Looking to lease a 2011 equinox lt with all star package.

Msrp $25,965 Are there any incentives? Looking for 48 months at 15k miles a year. What can I expect. I also think my bank does leasing am I better trying to go through them and how would this work? my credit score is a 710.
  • CapeCodCapeCod Member Posts: 117
    I'm the kind of guy who buys a car keeps it for ten years because I so dislike dealing with dealerships. Today a salesman talked me thru all the good points of why I need a new Equinox. Nearly had me convinced, but then I asked what a lease rate would be. The same salesman suddenly tells me all the reason I do not want to lease. Can someone can help me sort out the truth from the BS. Immediately told me the residual % is 46% for 15k and 48% for 12k both 39 month terms. I had expected higher but what do I know. Then he told me I definitely did not want to lease through Ally. He claimed the Residual value was not the problem but rather Ally adds a $2500 fee on top of the residual because ALLY does not want purchases by those leasing vehicles. Any truth here as I had planned on purchasing at term's end? The salesman's negativity made me suspicious so I excused myself and left.
    but rather Ally adds a $2500 fee on top of the residual because ALLY does not want purchases by those leasing vehicles. Any truth here as I had planned on purchasing at term's end?

It's strange... but, true..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rapman1rapman1 Member Posts: 3
    I need a smart answer here! I have a Home line of credit, charging a variable interest rate at 3%. I am thinking of selling my current car ($27,000), putting that money back to pay down the line of credit, and then leasing an Equinox at 1.8%. THat seems like the smart thing to do, but am I missing something here? My main goal is to get that LOC down, even if I have a monthly payment. Thoughts?
    1.2% of $27K is only $325 per year in savings...
    Transaction costs will eat that up... Just the acquisition fee will be more than your first 18 months of savings..

Selling your car for wholesale... leasing a new car at retail... then, in three years, more transaction costs when the lease is up...

Amortize your current vehicle over 60 months, and don't give in to skipping principle payments, and that HELOC balance will drop in a hurry..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited August 2011
    Keep in mind too that the interest on the HELOC is likely deductible, while the interest on a car loan or lease would not be. That should eat into some of the difference as well. You'd be better off taking the money that you're saving from not having a car payment and using that to pay down your HELOC a month at a time. That's what I would do anyhow.

Car_man
    Host
  • dangodango Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2011
    Does this sound like a fair 39 mo. lease deal?(many moving parts) Numbers straight from ACAR/GM Fin Lease Agreement:
    2012 Equinox 1LT w/ Driv Conv Pkg, Protect pkg, Cross rails
    MSRP $26785

Only $352 1st mo pmt due at signing. Rolling Acq fee into Mo Pmt at 1.1%int
    Base Cap Cost 25744 (Negot price)
    Taxes 6.25% 808 (pd for GM Fin by me?Is that how they do it?)
    Acquis Fee 650
    Gross Cap Cost 27202
    Residual 14196 (53% based on MSRP)
    Money Factor .00046 (1.1% int rate)

Total Rent Charge 742 ($19/mo)
    Total Depreciation 13006 (334/mo)(tax incl in here)
    Total Mo. Pmts 13748 ***$352.52/Month*** for 38 more mos.

No addl Doc fee or Sec Dep charged. $350 due at Disposition.
    These actual numbers should help those looking at 2012 Equin 1LT leasing.
    Any issues observ or questions (dealer tricks) I'm overlooking?
    Does this sound like a fair 39 mo. lease deal?(many moving parts) Numbers straight from ACAR/GM Fin Lease Agreement:
    2012 Equinox 1LT w/ Driv Conv Pkg, Protect pkg, Cross rails
    MSRP $26785

Only $352 1st mo pmt due at signing. Rolling Acq fee into Mo Pmt at 1.1%int
    Base Cap Cost 25744 (Negot price)
    Taxes 6.25% 808 (pd for GM Fin by me?Is that how they do it?)
    Acquis Fee 650
    Gross Cap Cost 27202
    Residual 14196 (53% based on MSRP)
    Money Factor .00046 (1.1% int rate)

Total Rent Charge 742 ($19/mo)
    Total Depreciation 13006 (334/mo)(tax incl in here)
    Total Mo. Pmts 13748 ***$352.52/Month*** for 38 more mos.

No addl Doc fee or Sec Dep charged. $350 due at Disposition.
    These actual numbers should help those looking at 2012 Equin 1LT leasing.
    Any issues observ or questions (dealer tricks) I'm overlooking?
    Wondering how much profit dealer booked on the above deal
    Hi dango. This deal appears to be around $500 to $600 or so over dealer invoice and the lease rate looks good. I'd say that this is a decent deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Carman,

Do you have the 24 month residual and CCR for the Equinox 1LT and 2LT AWD and FWD with 10k miles per year?

I assume the rate is still 1.1%?

I am really interested in these GM (Ally) 24 month leases this month.

Thanks
  • awoolfordawoolford Member Posts: 20
    Hi does anyone know what the current money factor and residual vaule for the 2012 chevy Equinox LS lease for 36 months with 15k miles a year from Ally.
    I leased a '12 Equinox LT in Dec. for 39 mos. with 12K mi/yr. Money Factor was .00046 and residual was 53%. For 15k, resid may be in 46% range? See above post from dango
    Hi awoolford. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.1% and 52%, respectively.

General Motors is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on 36-month leases of the 2012 Equinox through Ally. I believe that there's an additional $500 on top of that on the LS trim level.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.