Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2002 Buick Rendezvous Class Action?

Comments

• spike99spike99 Member Posts: 239
    Glad I can help. (somehow) My mechanic told me where the ABS fuse is (on my Safari van) but would NOT pull it. Legally and ethically, he can't pull its ABS fuse. Just like I can't tell you to pull your vehicle's ABS fuse either.

I do know that even today, some new car brands (like Saturn) are being sold without ABS. ABS is an "add on", or included in in their better then base version. With this in mind, I pulled that ABS fuse from our van's panel. It's been working great since. Glad I pulled it from our van.

My mechanic said that if my van blows a newly installed ABS sensor, it needs its computer replaced as well. I think he said $800 + install + taxes. If you keep blowing newly installed ABS sensors in your RDV, odds are that its BMC (main computer) is the cause of the problem as well. I think somebody above mentioned that if weird electrical problems start surfacing (or come and go without reason), its computer is going as well. I hear the RDV computer is very expensive to replace.

Something to think of...

• ihatemycar1ihatemycar1 Member Posts: 2
    Hey, my Rendezvous is also an '02 and I have the same problem. Is this common?
  • ihatemycar1ihatemycar1 Member Posts: 2
    I just found this site yesterday and cannot believe how many problems we all have in common with our 02 RDV's. I've had the problem with the A/C Compressor, the safety feature thing where the whole vehicle shuts down, the head gasket leaking problem, problems with the spare tire getting stuck, and just the other day the ABS system started kicking in intermittently. (and although I am in Canada, we do not have ice or snow in June).
    So, what can we call do about this to start up a suit?
  • da_hepcatda_hepcat Member Posts: 3
    Why on Earth would you think the design of the car has anything to do with you having to put air in your tires? If you're having this problem, there's obviously something wrong with your tires or they weren't properly sealed to the rim.

Quoting:
    > have to live with it. I tried putting tires on the car and
    >have taken it to 8 different places, which all tell me they
    >are fine, but yet I have to put air in there every other
    >day. Just a junk car... but I will NOT trade it in for
    >someone else to have this nightmare. Maybe once person in
    >this world caring about others will make a difference. ~d
  • da_hepcatda_hepcat Member Posts: 3
    I finally had the common front wheel bearing problem on my Rendezvous. GM has extended the warranty on the wheel bearings to 60,000 miles or 5 years from when the vehicle was first placed in service. Ours had only 50,000 miles but was placed in service in 2001, so we were 1 year out of the extended warranty. But all I had to do was ask (nicely), and GM honored the warranty and replaced my wheel bearings anyway as a "customer good will gesture". I only paid the required Illinois sales tax of $11. So no, I've gotten plenty of satisfaction from GM. I was very impressed actually.

For anyone having problem with their Rendezvous, I highly encourage you to contact GM's customer service directly. Don't rely on the dealer to do it for you. Call 1-800-462-8782. If you make your case directly to the people that can make a decision, you might actually get something.

Quoting:
    >Trust me your problems will get worse and you will get NO
    >satisfaction from Buick or GM. I finally gave up and bought
    >a Nissan....if I were you I'd go for the HONDA!!!
  • paulbainspaulbains Member Posts: 1
    Few months ago i got a sign on dash the picture of the engine showed 3 or 4 mechanics no one figured it out and there is leaking of fluids i was told its nothing its emmision problem but i thought its otherwise when driving on the highway the rpm keep going up and down on a flat and smooth road gas is being used a lot more if anyone know what i'm going through please write so i can get this resolved .........or ......
  • familygirlfamilygirl Member Posts: 3
    If you hear of anything let me know in addition to the same problems you have had A/C compressor going & malifold intake gasket needing replacing.. I have also had ABS sensor problems(they need to be replaced), also had a connector wire that melted, causing me to lose my heating system & now I am leaking oil....this car is a nightmare & I don't know what to do.
  • ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    Has any of the mechanics scanned it for stored trouble codes? That usually points to something. It may well be something emmissions related but I believe it could create other problems if not fixed.
  • bpeters4bpeters4 Member Posts: 1
    I have owned my 2002 RDV CXL since it was new. At about 35K, i had a problem with A/C blower and they patched it, only to have it act up again at 36,050 - I had to fight no to pay that $800 bill. Then the wheel bearing went and I lucked out when GM sent me a letter to re-imburse me for that. All seemed well until earlier this year when I had a leak in the coolant lines to the Trans. Had that fixed and the trans flushed, only to have it crap out 3 weeks later at a cost(with an independent shop) of $3,700. the a tie rod end broke, the oil pressure switch leaked and the ALUMINUM hood is starting to corrode. I wanted this vehicle to last another 5 years, it only has 74K on it, but
    I keep spending big $'s to keep it on the road. LAst week the anti-Lock brake and AWD lights come on and the breaks work like I am constantly stopping in ICE. I'm now hoping that I can fix these and trade it in before I go broke - I have driven Buicks for over 20 years now and this one put me over the top - I will probably buy a Toyota. My wife's 2006 DTS was replaced after 6 months by Cadillac. Seems GM has no one to blame but themselves for their financial problems. If there is a class action suit, I will gladly join in
    Found out the source of my oil leak....oil pressure switch.
    Shocker!! I am w/ you bpetes4, I am going to trade this VERY soon before I waste any more $. A Honda or Toyota sound good to me. I also have friends that are looking into getting rid of their Buick RDV befroe they start w/ troubles.
  • gogettagogetta Member Posts: 2
    :mad: i need help couse my 2002 buick rendezvous is actin up crazy first the service engone is always comein on and off then my engine started to make alot of noise hwen i put it on park then it started to kill my gas real quick then when i am at a red light then let go of the gas it go off real quick with high tourqu it really stated when it would take speed by it self not needing to push the gas and if you let go of the gas then it would stay at the same speed it was real wierd then it started to do all the othor sruff the mechanic said 6 codes came on something to do withair and the map sensor he said it might be the computer but i dont know how much that can cost this car is so not reliable does anyone knoe what is wrong i really am stressin this i have to put 20 dollars of gas everyday to go to work it killin my gas
  • markphilmarkphil Member Posts: 2
    This happened a few months ago and I replaced the battery. Now, it happened again. I got a jump, ran the car for 20 minutes then all of a sudden it craps out. Vehicle only has 65,000 mi. Right now it's at the shop again. So far, replaced both wheel bearings (recall items)and head casket. I will never, ever buy another GM car again. I hope the class action goes through on this vehicle. If so, please post the information on this website. GM employees, you should have stayed on strike. Your cars stink! :lemon:
  • markphilmarkphil Member Posts: 2
    My mechanic says both my front control arms on my 2002 Rendezvous are close to being shot. If I don't replace them soon, I could end up cracking my frame. Great!!!! :lemon:
  • sunny16sunny16 Member Posts: 3
    watch out for your famous last words, our wonderful 2002 rondezvous was about 51/2 years old before the problems started. It will not start unless it is jumped, now we just hook it up at night, because we know it's not going to start in the morning. And it's not just in the morning, it's off and on all day. We have had it in 3 dealers and no one can find anything wrong with it. Believe me my husband has tried everything.
  • mamanancemamanance Member Posts: 1
    After spending money on replacing the a/c compressor, the engine leaking oil constantly, replacing window motors, the AWD and ABS lights coming on and trouble with brakes, the transmission started to go. Contacted GM and their solution was to offer us 10% reimbursement for repair work done by an authorized dealer - if we had receipts. What a deal - thanks GM. They could not have possibly cared any less. Tired of throwing good money after bad and sure that there would be something else to go wrong, the day after Thanksgiving we paid Honda to take that 2002 Rendezvous and were glad to do so. Even Honda didn't want it! :lemon: :lemon: It's nice to drive a car without holding my breath and being afraid that I won't get to my destination. Never ever again will we own a GM.
  • sunny16sunny16 Member Posts: 3
    I think your idea of getting a class action going is great. If you know how to start it....go for it....i think a lot of people will back you.
    sunny 16 :sick:
  • cwebercweber Member Posts: 10
    I own a 02 Ren CXL and I have the same grinding nose. I purchased the vehical with 78k and in the same week I noticed the noise. I took it back to the dealer and they had said it was the wheel baringsalong with my roters needed to be macheined, so they suposdly replaced the wheel bearings and macheined my roters. It only took a week after the said that they fixed the noise that it started up again. After a month of my own research I diagnosed the prob my self and it turned out that they had just repacked the wheel berings and my roters were macheined below specs. I then thought about sueing the dealer ship but figured ti would be cheaper to do the work my self and never do buisness with them again. I sugest that your husband go and buy a caliper and research what thickness the roters need to be for your Ren and if the roters need to be replaced you will have to buy knew brakes again. If your roters are bad and you dont replace the breaks it could damage the knew roters.
  • normperrynormperry Member Posts: 1
    I have had this car for about 1 year and 3 months, and I must say it has been just terrible. First it was the air conditioner, then the electrical window and now the transmission. It started accelerating and making weird noises, then it ust stop shifting in a huge snow weather condition in North Carfolina last week. Thank God I added a new insurance last November to it. I feel terrible for the Insurance Company since it will cost them so far $3,600.00. If anyone knows about a recall please let me know.
  • gann1gann1 Member Posts: 2
    I just got a 2002 Rendezvous and now it needs wheel bearings where did you find this as a recall item?
  • gann1gann1 Member Posts: 2
    where did you find the recalls for the wheel bearings?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    The Edmunds Maintenance Guide has TSB and recall information. You can also check the NHTSA - sometimes they have full text of the TSBs.
  • mandy312mandy312 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my 02' Buick Ren back in December 2006. I had twins and needed something more spacious so stupid me traded my 2004 Toyota Camry for this piece of crap. Dont get me wrong, My buick was pretty loyal to me for the entire year, air conditioner worked great this past summer, and the heat has been good this winter.. no problems until last week. I noticed my temperture gauge was on the high end, so I took it to the shop to be looked at (Lucky me must of had a six-sense when buying this car because I bought the high-end extended warranty!).. turned out there was a leak in my intake exhaust something or another... a few days later.. my AWD Disabled light started coming on.. brought it back to the shop.. they cant figure out whats causing it, but said the car should run fine.. I noticed that my car seems to be driving alittle on the stiffer side.. doesnt have as much "punch" as it use to have.

After reading everyones posts, im beginging to get nervous about my car. It only has 73K miles which with newers cars is practically nothing! Ive been strongly considering in trading this car in but I already know ill get nothing for it. I feel like a sucker for buying it, because the orginial owner must of had a good reason for trading it in to begin with - id hate to bring this car upon another clueless person like myself!

Id def be interested in joining a class action suit. :mad: :cry:
  • cocoforccocoforc Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I have a 2002 Rendez-vous and I think the only thing that is still working is the windsheild washer. I want to change my car this spring and Im praying nothing will brake before I get it to the dealers. Never again will I buy a Buick! Does any body know how much they are still worth or do we have to give them away!!! :confuse:
  • jpiercejpierce Member Posts: 49
    Unfortunately the 2002s are valuless based on the past history of the vehicle. That is why I elected to suck it up repair it and keep it. Just find a good mechanic (not a dealer - they charge way to much for nothing) and keep it going. If your repairs are less than 3000 a year your still ahead of the game in regards to purchasing new or lease (because of monthly payments could add up to 6000 k to 8000 k a year).

Good Luck

JP ;)
  • matti5475matti5475 Member Posts: 6
    hi new to site. i bought my 02 rendezvous in may of 2007. this past week my wife and i dropped the kids of at her parents. on the way home the motor went, no signs it just went. i was thinking i might have this problem after i read some of the blogs online, but
    i was hoping for the best. the used engine i got to replace it was 918.00 with tax. it has 42k on it. i had it changed out at a engine shop and it cost me 1850.00 for that. it would have been about 500.00 less, but i got a replacement set of gaskets put on the
    intake. engine shop says this will correct the problem. he also said that the intake gasket is made of plastic and covered with rubber, the factory one that is. the plastic cracks over time . once it cracks the rubber lets the coolant seep into the oil and pistons 1 and 4 burn up.now that the new engine is in my odometer reads error, which i would like to know how to fix???? i can`t afford to pay anymore at this point.
    i am willing to help anyone with questions, just ask
    so far :engine 3000.00 widow clips 50.00
    blower motor resistor 50.00
    wheel bearing 100.00
    transmission flush 75.00
    odometer ???
    GRAND TOTAL so far 3275.00
    i called buick and they said sorry we can't help you ! thanks
    dealer did the same. thanks
    buick did send me a nice letter about my gas tank that may leak, because they want me to have satisfaction with there product.... how about 3275.00 for satisfaction!
  • saidmsaidm Member Posts: 1
    I purchased mine in 2006. The AWD Disabled light came on within 4 month. I took it to the dealer. They said it is the sensor that regulates the AWD feature and it needs to be replaced. Spent $550. Then right after the stupid warranty expired the AWD disabled light came on again. This time, I took it to the Dealer. Same problem with a different wheel. Spent another $650 dollars that was Feb. '07. Guess what, it came on again just few weeks ago. I need the stupid AWD function because it is winter and I live in Minnesota.

I, agree with you (mandy312) mine is driving funny. It feels like it is dragging a big load. It doesn’t accelerate well either. And the gears are not shifting properly.

I am in for any kind of class action suit against the makers or the dealers.
  • grandchildrengrandchildren Member Posts: 1
    I have just had my 2002 rendezvous inspected because this past summer it would
    overheat occasionally usually in stopped traffic or in line at a fast food. He said
    that the intake gasket need replaced that it happens to all the rendezvous he has
    worked on this is a factory defect. How do we get in the class action suit?
    i to have had the intake problems , as you can see from my other messages. i have been looking to see what i can do to get what i am owed by gm. a car with 83 thousand miles on it should not blow an intake gasket. they know it and so do i. i don`t need a mission in life and was not looking for one, but i feel we all need to stand up together for what is right. this is what i have found out since i have had to shell out three grand for my lemon. the website i found on a google search is kclawyer.blogspot.com it says that there are 2 class action suits going in canada right now. check it out and see what we can do. i know there is also a petition going aswell
    just google it and you will find it!!!!!!!!

good luck matt
  • h2oaquadogh2oaquadog Member Posts: 11
    Your AWD disable warning is most likely the sensor saying that your wheel bearings are going bad. You should have received a letter from Buick about this saying they would pay for them to be replaced from 5 years or 50,000 miles. My AWD light comes on EVERY time the bearing goes bad, whick is about every 10,000 miles. This car is a lemon!
  • jkgarceejkgarcee Member Posts: 1
    We just had the same problems as you did. At 51,000 miles, had to have the intake manifold gasket and head gaskets replaced ($1,680). Two days later noticed fluid leaking and took it back in to the local Buick dealer. The a/c condenser was cracked. Had it replaced. The estimate was $851, and after making inquiries with GM, etc. GM finally agreed to pay for the part (condenser) but we paid the labor ($423). They won't help us at all with the intake manifold gasket and head gasket repair costs. Sounds like you are in the same boat as us, with you only having 46,000 miles. We found that most had close to 80,000 when these problems cropped up.

GM said they would not help us with the first repair (sounded like they said no as soon as we said we did not get the extended warranty). The extended warranty has nothing to do with anything because this happened after the extended warranty would have run out. We don't put very many miles on our vehicle so the time runs out before the miles.

We are pursuing our crusade to get GM to step up and do the right thing, even if we have to try small claims court.
  • whitefamwhitefam Member Posts: 3
    I bought my Rendezvous last April after my 1992 Dodge Caravan(3.3L engine) with 200,000 miles and rarely any problems was totalled in a car accident. So far only have paid for lower intake manifold gasket. That was a 700 dollar repair and the mechanic accidently cut the cruise control but they went good on that. The mechanic put in New Formula antifreeze in it when doing this repair. Said the Dex Cool coolant has been suspected of causing the issues with the gaskets. I just realized some things we concidered just odd flukes with the car may be potential problems. The gas guage goes up and down constantly after the bottom half of gas. It's pretty good staying right where it should be when the car is full but because of this and running out of gas once we just have been watching the fuel used monitor on the driver information. Also, recently the rear parking aid stopped beeping when backing up. The lights are still working to notify me that I am getting too close to something, but the car no longer beeps as it get closer to the object. My car has 105,000 miles on it. I am hoping alot of these things have already been replaced.
  • cwebercweber Member Posts: 10
    Im up for a calss action lawsuit!!!! About a month ago my rearend on my Ren went out, almost 4k in repair cost luckly I purcased extended warranty. That might be what is causeing your Ren not to shift properly and seem sluggish. Have your Rearends looked at by someone else other than a dealer.
  • timmestimmes Member Posts: 1
    2002 rendezvous. We need to get the ball going on a class action suit. Called buick and they refuse to do anything with my $900 bill for intake that seems to be a 1. design issue and 2. dexcool issue.

How can we get this organized?
    there is a class action suit going in canada look it up on google search. i believe a court date is set for this month. save all your bills for your repairs , i feel that if it suit goes in canada the states will have to do them same. the us will not do a thing given all of the troubles gm has at the moment . could be wrong , but i have no other options
    at this point...............
  • jaygee3jaygee3 Member Posts: 2
    Hello

I own a 2002 RDV with the 3.4L. I just picked my car up from the shop yesterday after having my engine rebuilt because of the problem with the gaskets and the dex coolant mixed with the oil but no leak. The repairs along with a rental I had to get to back and forth to work totals over $3100.00. I am in the process of trying to get GM to reimburse me or talk to an attorney to see if I can do anything. The engine started with a knock and in the fourth chamber followed by chamber 2. I had 83526 miles when the engine died. Now that I have had the engine rebuilt with everything new I plan to keep it for a while. :mad:
  • jaygee3jaygee3 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry to hear that. I have the same problems with the wheel bearings 3 X's just had the engine replaced the starter was replaced A/C condensor is messed up to because I had the Ac recharged and the next day it blew out hot air. I am gonna fight with GM to get my just deserves. :mad:
    for those of you having troubles w/ your ABS lights & it having nothing to do w/ ice...have your intake manifold & head gasket checked. I had/have problems w/ the ABS 3 times...first 2x's was becasue of the intake manifold (within a 1 1/2 years of each other) now it is happening again except this time it is the head gasket. I am convienced that the ABS problems are related to the engine troubles caused once I fix the engine ABS are fine until the next time...............:cry:
  • vani2004vani2004 Member Posts: 9
    I am not saying this.......According to Consumer Report, Buick Rdvz. labeled as worst used car to own. Here is the link to survey & report:

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=435706
  • moparblue2moparblue2 Member Posts: 86
    You did not read report very good. It says that the all wheel drive models are the Worst of the Worst. The years they are talking about are 2002 thru 2004. The article is in Consumer Reports April 2008. We have 2006 Buick Rdvz. FWD good car so far. :D
  • elizwelizw Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2002 Rendezvous. My car has 60,000 miles on it and it started a clicking noise a couple of weeks ago. I told my husband that it sounded like my lifters. I did some research on it and it landed me here. Called my Buick dealer and since it was out of warranty the couldn't offer me anything but they the first thing they said was that it could be, was the intake manifold gasket (surprise, surprise). I did more research and found this web site http://www.girardgibbs.com/dexcool.html. On March 20, 2008, the California Superior Court granted preliminary approval to the class action settlement reached with General Motors in the GM/Dex-Cool class action lawsuit. This settlement affects people who purchased or leased a "covered vehicle" anywhere in the United States other than Missouri. A separate settlement has been reached for those who purchased or leased their vehicle in Missouri, which will offer the same benefits but will be separately approved by a Missouri court.

The lawsuits were filed on behalf of owners of General Motors vehicles, which were factory-filled with "Dex-Cool" coolant. In summary, the lawsuits alleged that Dex-Cool degraded certain vehicles’ intake manifold gaskets and other engine sealability components, and that in certain other vehicles, Dex-Cool formed a rusty sludge, clogging the vehicles’ cooling systems and causing vehicles to overheat.

Terms of the Settlement:

You may be eligible to receive between $50 and $800 in cash reimbursement under the settlement if you have paid for a covered repair by May 30, 2008, and if you submit a claim by October 27, 2008. If you paid for multiple covered repairs, you may be eligible to receive multiple cash reimbursements provided you submit a separate claim for each repair.

Please go to this web site http://www.girardgibbs.com/dexcool.html to get all the information. I hope this helps everyone. It certainly helped my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please let everyone know about this. It may be a good idea to do more research on it to make sure it's legit.
  • elizwelizw Member Posts: 2
    Go to http://dexcoolsettlement.com/ to review the settlement requirements. There is also a number to call to ask questions. It seems to be legitimate. They said that repairs don't have to be done by a dealer. You only have until May 30, 2008 to get the repairs done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good -luck.
  • shelby349shelby349 Member Posts: 13
    Gasket leaks?Try a OTC sealant.I did that 80k ago,and I'm still ok,using a universal coolant.A/C condensor?Steel core Napa,$250-75.Window regulator?Ebay..the switch might be burnt out after forcing regulator due to slider damage,also.Tire leaks?The "chrome"rims have peeled their coating on the inner edges and rust-pitted,leaking air.Replace rims.I changed headlight bulbs,serviced it for recalls.At 190,000 km on my '02,I can't say it's been a total lemon,great in snow and slush(AWD).I'm going to have my diff. fluid changed out today,good advice.Keep all fluids fresh!!!
    I just received a phone call from the Executive offices at Buick. I sent them a nasty letter letting them know that I had to walk away from my 02 Ren with ONLY 37,000 miles on it because I could no longer afford to replace wheel bearings and intake manifold gaskets. Somehow they thought apologizing would make things better. However, she did state that people need to call the customer service number and complain about all the things wrong with this car. I know we have all called at least once, if not twice to complain and yet they still don't get it. But, please everyone start calling AGAIN! Call and let them know about your gaskets, your wheel bearings, your fuel tanks. Keep calling till they figure out this car is a LEMON! The woman I talked to just could not believe there were this many of us that had the same problem and they had never heard of it. By far the most obsurd thing I have ever heard! The number is 1-866-608-8080. I was fortunate enough to be able to trade mine in (at a hUGE loss), but the dealership turned right around and sold it to some poor soul....
  • hate02buickhate02buick Member Posts: 8
    I purchased a 2002 Buick Rendezvous from Pinebelt Chevy Dealership - about 2 1/2 yrs ago. First off- I fault myself for rushing into the purchase of this vehicle - I had never heard of the Model & also that I purchased it at a Chevy dealership were both mistakes. But I was excited as this was my first vehicle purchase on my own. Within the first month of ownership it had to put in the shop because it wouldnt start. Then within the 1st year it had to be put in the shop two more times due to trouble starting. It left me stranded at Newark Airport with my mother at 11 pm at nite - we had to sit for over an hour before it would turn back on!! Also I have had to have the A/C Condenser replaced as well as the drivers side window switch as well as both front wheel bearings!! I am putting it BACK in the shop tonight because the A/C Blower only works on the #4 setting doesnt blow on 1-3 or the 5th setting either! Also it has started giving me trouble on start up AGAIN!!!!! I am PETRIFIED of this car - although it drives beautifully (which is the reason I bought directly after the test drive) is very comfortable and roomy - I have had a myraid of problems and it seems that these will continue throughout my ownership. Which is what REALLY makes me nervous!!! My loan on this vehicle doesnt mature until 2012!!!! OMG!! I thank my lucky stars that I let the finance manager talk me into the extended warranty - even though I didnt want one. Because on my last vehicle (Saturn) I NEVER needed it!! My extended warranty is due to run out in 15k miles and I am shaking in my boots wondering what this will cost me to hang on to this car. I looked into tradeing in the car 1 yr after owning it and I owe more than what it is worth and would have to take a HUGE hit to get rid of it. Although it may be worth it. I will also look into buying another extended warranty before this one expires. DO NOT EVER BUY A BUICK RENDEZVOUS!!!! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE VEHICLE!!! :lemon:
    As bad as it will hurt the wallet, I really would get rid of it. Unless you can get the extended warranty. There was seriously something wrong with the 02 model. I know by "the law" this doesn't qualify as a lemon, but I bet most drivers would say it is. I wish I had come to this website before I got mine!
  • hate02buickhate02buick Member Posts: 8
    I know it would be worth the HUUUUGE hit - but I just dont think I could honestly afford it - But I am going to do some research - I may have to seriously downgrade myself to an older vehicle so that when I tack on the 7k from the Buick it will cost me about the same - I owe about another 13 k on the Buick and I know they wouldnt give me close to that on it. My Buick is in the shop now as we speak getting the A/C blower fixed and investigating the 'hard start' problem AGAIN!! I just had the A/C condesor replaced last summer! I feel that this car will continue to have more and more and MORE problems as time continues. Oh yeah and Ive recently noticed rust starting n the hood near the windshield on the interior of the rear hatch - the hub cabs have started peeling AND I just had to have my front brakes and rotors done - the mechanic told me that the Rotors were decaying on the vehicle - they were RUSTING right off!! Now Im not a mechanic BUT that doesnt sound normal cost me close to $400 for the brakes and rotors. I am scared out of my mind thinking about this car. NEVER BUY THIS SUV!!! :lemon:
  • wandakaycwandakayc Member Posts: 5
    I also have a 2002 Rendezvous and had the same thing happen with the problem of the engine stopping and then not being able to get it restarted. After being towed into the dealership four times, they finally found that it was the spark plug wires. Might try that.
  • ginnmillginnmill Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my 2002 Rendezvous in 04, I've had nothing but problems since! I've had to replace the rotors twice,the wheel bearings 3 times, the body control module and now my a/c doesn't work. The repair shop says it's the condenser and it'll cost $700.00 to fix. I'm sick of this car! I contacted the BBB and they are investigating my claim. Buick customer service called me to discuss my claim and informed me that because of the age and # of miles on my car there was nothing they could do. I have 68,000 miles on my car, what a joke! No wonder GM sales are down. I hope they never recover from this recession, I hope they go out of business completely. They deserve to be punished for all the suffering and expense they've caused. I will never support GM again, they are a bunch of crooks. Like many others, I wish I'd found this site before I bought that piece of crap but hindsight is 20/20. I would definitely support a class action suit against this auto maker - they're all a bunch of thieves, from the executives to the dealers! Because of Buick, I will never purchase another american-made automobile. They have no loyalty to their consumers!
  • vani2004vani2004 Member Posts: 9
    Ginmill sorry to hear your problem.....but watch out for that head gasket......its another major problem for Buick rendezvous. I replaced in 2006 & GM didn't take care of it and within less then two years my head gasket again went bad.....I called Buick again and they still can't help it although it went bad within two years....they told me parts have only 12 months or 12000 mile warranty on it when replaced. I don't have $1500 to fix my head gasket.....
    My condenser went bad too and GM don't want to take blame that its their condenser is defective....so i had to buy Condenser off ebay and went to local mechanic...i still end up paying almost 500 bucks. Dealer mechanic told i won't repair car if you don't buy parts from us........