Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti QX4

Comments

• hrankellhrankell Member Posts: 2
    We have recently leased a 2001 QX4 2wd. We have found that when we are driving on a concrete portion of the freeway, the car's ride is extremely bumpy. It feels as though our insides are shaken up. The backseat is unbearable to be sitting in when encountering these uneven portions of the road. When the car is on asphalt it's an OK ride at best. We have an RX300 and the ride on that car is much better.(we realize that the Lexus uses a car chasis and the QX4 is a truck chasis). We had a Jeep Grand Cherokee and even that ride wasn't as "nauseating" as the ride on the QX4. We have reported the problem to one of the top brass of Infiniti and he's trying to correct the suspension by making changes such as reducing the tire poundage, new struts, etc. but to me the car is still "the pits" on bumps of any kind. For $34K we don't need to ride around in an inferior automobile. Has anyone else experienced this kind of problem??? Please let me know!! Please understand it's a problem on uneven portions of the freeway only, but enough to irritate and make us all feel sick. I'm curious to know if we have a "lemon" or if this is an inherent problem with the 2001 since they changed the suspension for this model year.
  • donb7donb7 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought my 2001 QX4 Tuscon Beige with 4WD, Premium package, Sunroof, Tow hitch, and Navigation system ( which I am very happy with) for I think a good price $37,500 which also included Gold badging and pin stripes.

I have had the car for three days now and so far am very happy with it and the Nav system. I am also wondering about other owners fuel usage and octane experience. The only problem is sometime the nav system seems slow and may be hanging, I need some more time with it, to be sure. Anyone else with any Nav experience?

Thanks,
    Don
  • moose18moose18 Member Posts: 13
    Have had a QX4 for about a month now. That bumpy ride doesn't fit with what I experienced or anyone who has been part of this exchange. Take another one on the lot for a ride on the same road if possible and see what happens.
    As far as the Motor Trend article, the one I reviewed mentioned the QX4 as having the best ride but had other shortcomings which we all know and still bought it (difficulty getting into rear,etc.) but I don't recall Motor Trend giving it the top rating. They just pointed out the pluses and minuses of each car and let the reader decide what they wanted and/or needed.
  • goose10goose10 Member Posts: 1
    I live in Charlotte, North Carolina and am looking to purchase a QX4, 4wd with sunroof and premium package. Any ideas on what would be a good deal for this package? Also, has anyone used/tried Priceline.com in purchasing their Q? Many thanks.
  • jim32301jim32301 Member Posts: 7
    I'm hearing that $1000 off sticker is the going rate these days. My dealer (of whom I'm personal friends) would only go a $1000 over invoice for me. He told me he's typically making $4400 on each one. He made $1650 off me by the time he paid a trucker to deliver mine off dealer trade, this includes $994 in holdback thats NOT negotiable. Carsdirect.com was selling them at $1200 over invoice about 3 weeks ago. There's just not very many of them & demand is good right now. Good luck & let us know how you make out.
  • aerodentaerodent Member Posts: 1
    Could someone please help me decide whether to buy a 2x4 or a 4x4 QX4. I live in the suburb, do not own anything that could be towed. I don't normally go off road. This QX4 that I am going to buy will used for commuting and I suppose for transporting the new baby that's scheduled to come on board in about a year. My homework shows that the difference in price between 2x4 and 4x4is about $1300. Please let me know if gas mileage is different even if the 4X4 switch is turned off. Is it true that 4X4 all wheel-drive is for speed of 50 mph and below. I live in southern california, so it rains a little bit. Is it worth it to get a 4X4 just for that? What about resale value - which one is easier to sale?
    Please let me know if these quotes that I got from Carsdirect.com are reasonable: w/options-premium package, power sliding sunroof/shade, two tone paint, rear wind deflector 2X4 = $34689 , and 4X4 = $36,015. Also, is it a good idea to go through an internet car company to buy a QX4.
    I thank you for any comments. I am going to buy it in a week. By the way, I love the way it looks and the new 240 hp - what an engine. I just got to have it. Thanks again for your time.
  • hrankellhrankell Member Posts: 2
    In response to moose18, we took several vehicles to the same area of freeway that we had encountered the rough ride and all had the same problem. A friend said it has to do with the wheelbase and that it's probably inherent to this car. Infiniti says that they will try to make us happy either by changing the suspension or making other modifications. So far nothing they've done has changed the ride.
  • alingaling Member Posts: 598
    I think it has to do with the live axle at the back. Vehicles with live axles (basically a big piece of metal connecting both rear wheels - from the horse drawn buggy days, I might add) don't ride as well as 4 wheel independent suspension vehicles since the bumps from one side are transmitted to the other side of the vehicle.

The short wheelbase is probably a factor as well since the rear passengers are literally sitting just ahead of the rear axle. Generally, the further you are away from the axles, the better. This is why you feel every single road imperfection while sitting on a seat in the bus which is just above the rear wheel. The shock transmit directly to the seat and then to you!
  • ace10ace10 Member Posts: 137
    first of all, check your tires pressures. if they are correct, try taking a few psi's out of them. experiment b/c i don't consieder the qx4 to be bumpy at all. try riding in a 4runner or explorer, now THAT'S bumpy boucing and sickening.

now for the fun kind of bumps...

we just got back from two weeks at the outer banks of north carolina. we had a house in the far northern "off road" portion of the beach. the qx4 kicks butt and takes names in soft sand, up hills, over undulating shoreline... you name it, we went there. i have never seen so many people stuck in their SUVs. the sand was very soft, b/c it hadn't rained in a long time. the absolute worst had to be ford explorers in a close tie with grand cherokees. the tow truck guy was making a killing. oh yea, and the people with the sube outbacks couldn't leave their house once they got there.

i was unable to keep up with only on truck, other than the heavily modified ones owned by locals, and that was a toyota land cruiser. what a beast!

we had a ball, and i don't think i broke anything. much to my suprise.

later,
    ace
    Don't go below Nissan's recommended minimum specs for tire pressure. You don't want to experience what those Ford Explorers have gone (are going) through now, do you? Under inflated tires generate a lot more heat, especially at higher speeds. This can, of course, produce some serious ramifications.

Remember to check the pressures only after the car has been sitting overnight and when the tires are cold. Also, you should be on a level surface.

When driving in sand, lower the tire pressures to about 15-20 psi, but don't make any sudden steering movements. Remember to reinflate your tires to spec once you're back on the tarmac.

Have fun!
    Drew
  • yoeddyyoeddy Member Posts: 46
    Hi,

Curious to know if anyone has purchased the Infiniti side window wind deflectors. Do they slide into the slots of the window so you don't have to deal with tape? Or has anyone purchased the aftermarket types (i.e. Weathertech version) and if you were happy with them?

Thanks
    I don't have a QX4, but I bought the WeatherTechs for my M-class about 10 months ago so that I could install it after the vehicle arrived from the factory.

So far so good...Note that these deflectors will create a subtle noise at highway speeds. It's not really noticable unless you specifically listen for it. Also, the rear deflectors were easy to put in, but the front ones were a real PITA to get seated properly. I still have to use some silicon spray so that the front passenger side window doesn't produce that first squeak when it is first retracted.

My Photopoint site is down right now, but I'll post a picture of the deflectors on my vehicle if you're interested.

Let me know!
    Drew
  • yoeddyyoeddy Member Posts: 46
    Thanks for the info. Yeah, let me know your url. Why did you go with the Weathertech's over the oem's? I was thinking of the Weathertech b/c they're transparent and less noticeable than if they were tinted. In regard to the noise, is it less noisey with them than without the deflectors?

Thanks
    Tony
    You can see the pictures in the first album here: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=137587

MB doesn't offer OEM window deflectors. I could go with the stick-on ones (heavily tinted, didn't look as good, and wasn't sure how long the adhesive would last), or the Weathertechs (very lightly tinted, fit better and look better).

There is a slightly wind noise at highway speeds, but it is not really too noticable. Just turn the volume on the radio a little bit higher. Oh, of course this noise wouldn't be present without the deflectors. But, it's a small price to pay for the benefits. I've fitted all of my other vehicles in the past with these deflectors as well.

Good Luck!
    Drew
  • vqzhqrvqzhqr Member Posts: 6
    is no longer justified. I seriously urge all QX4 owners to send their complaints to Nissan. The 2001 Pathfinder will not only be getting the QX4's Advanced AWD Systems but it will also be getting It's Navigation System and an Optional Entertainment System with Flip down Screen and Wireless Headphones. Whatever has made the QX4 truely special has dwindled down to almost nothing. Qwners of the QX4 should Let Infiniti and Nissan know how you feel!
    Query Nissan of what they plan to do with the QX4 in near future!!!
  • herscheidherscheid Member Posts: 2
    The 2001 Pathfinder has been around for a few months now, and does not have the Navigation system nor any "entertainment system". The Canadian version does have the QX4's AWD system, I believe the U.S. version will have this in the fall (or perhaps not until the 2002 model?). If and when the Pathfinder gets these enhancements, what will this do to it's pricing? I can't believe that the Pathfinder would have something that was not also available on the QX4, but I would agree that if Infiniti / Nissan wants to maintain an "air of exclusivity" with the QX4, they need to offer features that are not even available on the Pathfinder.
    Not 2002 this fall more likely they're probably at dealerships right Now. Just goto www.nissannews.com and look for the 2001 pathfinder.
  • crikeycrikey Member Posts: 1,041
    The new features, All-Mode 4WD, Navigation System and Entertainment System are well-documented in nissannews.com.
  • herscheidherscheid Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info, I stand corrected.

I don't know why the entertainment system was not made available when the 2001 Pathfinder first came out in April/May, as the technology is not new. I can understand the delay on the Navigation system however, due to the delay in getting the CD-rom's created, as this also delayed this feature on the QX4. The question now is - what is Infiniti going to do to maintain a "luxury gap" between the QX4 and the Pathfinder LE?
  • donbanksdonbanks Member Posts: 2
    I've done some research regarding the Infinity QX4 vs. the Pathfinder because I like the QX4 but need to justify the cost difference to myself and my wife. For comparison sake, I've configured the 2001 QX4 4WD against a Pathfinder LE 4WD so that they both have similar equipment as follows:

Infinity QX4 4WD
    + J01 Sunroof
    + G02 Premium Package
    + S02 Sports Package
    + W17 Tow Package

Pathfinder LE 4WD
    + X03 Leather
    + B10 Limited Slip Differential
    + P92 Tow Package
    +F92 Floor Mats

By my calculations, after my best negotiated price on each vehicle, before TTL, the QX4 price is approx. $4100 greater than the Pathfinder LE price. So what do you get on the QX4 that isn't on the Pathfinder? As far as I can tell, the list looks like:
    - QX4 alternator @100Amp (vs,???)
    - QX4 axle ratio 4.36 (vs. 4.60)
    - 5 cup holders (vs. 4)
    - Power hatch release
    - Xenon headlights
    - -1 power outlets (2 on the QX4 vs. 3 on the Pathfinder)
    - 17 inch wheels (better road performance ? and additional ground clearance)
    - Intermittent rear window wiper
    - Heated rear seats
    - Full time 4WD (more sophisticated 4WD system)
    - More sophisticated styling - front end (grill, headlights, fog lights), trim
    - "Better" leather (??? At least, according to some)
    - "Better" paint (??? At least, according to some)
    - Better warrantees: +1yr/24k mi. basic; +1yr/10k mi. powertrain; +2yr corrosion; +4yr/unlimited mi. 24-hour Roadside Assistance
    - Loaner car during service
    - "Better" dealer service experience (??? No waiting behind the lady with the rusted out Sentra?)

Is there anything I've missed here? Is it worth $4100? (Again, I like the QX4, so this isn't a negative criticism, just an honest attempt to evaluate the two. This forum will undoubtedly have some opinions.)

There's no doubt you could do without some of the options I listed, but because selection of one option for one car included items not on the other, this is what it took to make them closely match in equipment and give a reasonably "fair" comparison.
    Drive both and find out how it feels like, only you can determine whether the extra $$$ is worth it. Both are great SUVs and you won't go wrong getting either one. BTW, don't forget to see Edmund's Midsize SUV Comparo.
  • eds1300eds1300 Member Posts: 71
    For bumpy ride, please check you tire pressure.
    My 01 QX4 2wd felt the same way for 3 or 4 days.
    The Michelin tire pressure was at 56 psi.
    I adjusted back down to 32 psi and the normal bumpiness is still their but it feels much better than the first 4 days of ownership. I have
    approximatly 1200 miles and I am very satisfied
    with this vehicle, especially from the powertrain, handling and the HID lights.
    The QX4 handles much better than my old 96 I30, the residual bounce from the soft Nissan suspension is not their.
    One negative aspect of the QX4 is the factory
    Bose sound system. I am getting very poor
    reception from all FM stations and my
    rear wind deflector makes whistling noise in
    highway speeds.
    I paid $34,100 for an 2wd with sunroof and
    rear wind deflector. Grubbs in Hurst have
    been advertising at $33,995 without rear
    wind deflector.
  • mitiggermitigger Member Posts: 1
    I just received a letter from Nissan (it came with the PF brochure I ordered from nissandriven) that said the newer PF will be coming September 1. New features are Navigation System, Entertainment, & AWD.
    I just got a quote for an 01 QX4 4WD at $35,800. It includes Premium Package, Sunroof, Towing Package and Rear Wind Deflector. It seems like a pretty reasonable deal, and I think I'm going to take it. I'm tired of sitting on the fence, and I think it's definitely worth the $4,000 difference from the PF. Any opinions out there? Is the Service truly that much better? I really like the idea of being guaranteed a loaner car (I've only found one Nissan dealer in my area willing to promise a loaner, but it's 30 miles away).

Very close to being a new QX4 Owner :)
    If you feel that the QX4 is worth the extra $$$, by all means, buy the QX4. I would say that the Infiniti Service Department is much better than the Nissan Service Department. Bottomline is, either one of these SUVs is a great vehicle. It's what makes you happy that determines which one you purchase. You will enjoy whichever it is that you decide on.
  • racezx9racezx9 Member Posts: 3
    A good friend of mine, is a good friend with the GM of the Nissan dealer out here. Basically I was told that If I want to buy any Nissan car I will be able to get it for the true dealer cost, meaning all the hold back after invoice. I was tempted to buy the the 2001 Pathfinder. but after much consideration I bought the 2001 QX4. I got about 1500 off sticker, but that still made the QX4 about 7K. higher( beacause of the deasl I could have gotten on the PF). But it came down to this. I wanted the QX4!! I drove the PF and the QX4 back to back at a dealeer that sold both. The QX4 rode better, looked better, was quieter, and the car was just more refined. It was a Luxary SUV, and that's what I wanted!! A luxary SUV. Anyone can justify anything that they want, but ultimatley you have to get what you want. If getting A "DEAL" and get something that is almost as good then buy the PF, but if driving a luxary SUV is what you want then buy the QX4. Just like if you want a car that is diguised as a SUV, then buy the Rx300. If you want a SUV that is a SUV then buy the QX4. it's all a matter of personal taste and priority. That is why so many car share platform from one class to another Lexus/ toyota Landcruiser, Ford/ Lincoln Navigator, Chevy/ Cadilac Escalade. The list goes on. Choose what you want. As far as all this resale value goes, your buying aa car, your going loose money!! If you don't want ot loose money, buy bonds and take the bus.
    A good friend of mine, is a good friend with the GM of the Nissan dealer out here. Basically I was told that If I want to buy any Nissan car I will be able to get it for the true dealer cost, meaning all the hold back after invoice. I was tempted to buy the the 2001 Pathfinder. but after much consideration I bought the 2001 QX4. I got about 1500 off sticker, but that still made the QX4 about 7K. higher( beacause of the deasl I could have gotten on the PF). But it came down to this. I wanted the QX4!! I drove the PF and the QX4 back to back at a dealeer that sold both. The QX4 rode better, looked better, was quieter, and the car was just more refined. It was a Luxary SUV, and that's what I wanted!! A luxary SUV. Anyone can justify anything that they want, but ultimatley you have to get what you want. If getting A "DEAL" and getting something that is almost as good is important then buy the PF, but if driving a luxary SUV is what you want then buy the QX4. Just like if you want a car that is diguised as a SUV, then buy the Rx300. If you want a SUV that is a SUV then buy the QX4. it's all a matter of personal taste and priority. That is why so many car share platform from one class to another Lexus/ toyota Landcruiser, Ford/ Lincoln Navigator, Chevy/ Cadilac Escalade. The list goes on. Choose what you want. As far as all this resale value goes, your buying a car, your going lose money!! If you don't want ot lose money, buy bonds and take the bus.
  • ruskiruski Member Posts: 1,566
    how would one pronounce that?
    I feel very fortunate... I leased my wife an 01 QX4 2WD with the premium pkg. & rear wind def. exactly a month ago. I got the SUV for $1000 over invoice $33,870. Mitigger's price of $35,800 on that SUV is a very good deal too. For the $1500 off sticker for the other poster, that is what I hear that most dealers are willing to discount. There's just not that many QX4's compaired to PF's. I've also heard that there's a real strong following for the Q. Friend of mine loved the wife's Q that he said wanted one. He negotiated $1500 off MSRP & then headed for a Nissan dealer & got the PF because of the pricing diff. We parked the two side by side this week & he said maybe the Q is worth the extra $$$. Our lease is $32 more a month & 9 months longer than his but with the perks of an Infiniti I think it's $$$ well spent. As far as service goes, night & day difference between the two at least locally Infiniti vs. Nissan (I have had dealings with both). My $.02.
  • mjvargomjvargo Member Posts: 11
    One of the most significant is the ride. The Q gives a much more car like ride than the PF. Also there are three outlets in the QX4. Zenon headlights and better looking interior further differentiate the two vehicles.

The other differences include the warrenty and the dealership experience. Japanese highline dealerships (Infiniti, Lexus, and Acura but esp. Infiniti) maintain some of the highest customer satisfaction scores in the business. While their counterparts Nissan, Toyota, and Honda have on average some of the lowest. No doubt you will get a better deal (if how close to invoice the dealer is willing to sell you a car is your definition of a good deal) on a Nissan but if you consider the sum total of what you are getting mabye paying a little more is not so bad.
    I just noticed a business card size bubble on
    the rear passenger side of the Michelins.
    The bubble and few of the perpendicular indented
    lines are in 3 of the Michelins.
    Their are no nails or other instrument which
    can cause this problem.
    I am taking this in to Crest Infiniti in Plano.
  • toledo19toledo19 Member Posts: 119
    Jim, What are the terms of your lease ( payments, length, residual, money factor etc.)
    "Also there are three outlets in the QX4".

Uhhmm, the PF has 3 outlets too - one below the CD changer that's supposed to be for the cigarette lighter, one inside the console between the driver and front passenger and one in the cargo area.

No matter how these two vehicles are twisted around - they are very similar. Except for Xenon Headlights, availability of 17" wheels, better dealership service, more faux wood, softer ride, the QX4 and the PF are very, very similar.

What determines which vehicle one buys is dependent on the individual. If one feels that the QX4 is worth the price difference, then by all means, buy it. Both are great SUVs.
    Just wondering what tires the QX4s are equipped with, most of the Pathfinders have Bridgestone Duelers and Dunlop Grandtreks. Do you guys have different tires, i.e. Michelins, etc.?

What is the recommended tire pressure stated in the QX4 owner's manual? PF manual states 26psi, which seems to be a bit low (The Firestone tires that are being recalled had a recommended tire pressure of 26psi and we all know what happens to those).

If anyone can give feedback, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    The QX4 has the Michelin LTX M/S tires. They're actually pretty good, albeit expensive, according to Consumer Reports.
  • ppnffppnff Member Posts: 65
    The US variant of the QX4 has Bridgestone Duelers. The Lexus RX300 also has the same tires. Then again, I've seen other tires too on the dealer lots.

On the 26 PSI comment, you may want to read the Wall Street Journal from Monday. The 26 PSI versus 30 PSI has no bearing on the Bridgestone/Firestone problem. Goodyear provided the millions of the same spec tires to Ford with no problems using the same 26 PSI for the Ford Explorer.

Bridgestone/Firestone appears to have a serious defect in their products. Hopefully, they will be accountable and take more action.

Either way, I would suggest that you follow the PF manual or talk to your mechanic about your concerns. Good luck.
  • bretfrazbretfraz Member Posts: 2,021
    Allow me to add a little more to the tire discussion as I have been researching this a bit:

The 1997-2000 QX4 came with the Bridgestone Dueler H/T D689 in size P245/70R16. A few 1st generation QX4's may have come with another tire like Dunlop but only because Bridgestone ran out of stock or something like that. 99% came with the Dueler.

The new 2001 QX4 gives you choices. The standard tire is the Bridgestone Dueler H/T D693 in P245/70R16. If you buy the Premium Package you get 17" wheels and tires. Infiniti is offering two tires; Michelin LTX M/S or Bridgestone Dueler H/T D693. Why the choice? Because apparently some early QX4 owners complained the Dueler H/T D689's wore out too quickly and they wanted a tire with better tread life. Enter Michelin. But to me, the Bridgestone is a better tire for the QX4 as it quieter and stickier (told to me by Infiniti, not by personal testing).

So, if you want long tread life and maybe better all-season performance (LTX trademarks), buy the Michelins. If you want better handling and a quieter ride, get the Bridgestones and replace a bit more often. IMO, these are the two best SUV tires on the market for the QX4... heck, for most any SUV.
  • qx4_4x4qx4_4x4 Member Posts: 8
    I just picked up my Titanium 4x4 last night. So far so good. When I asked about break-in of the engine, the dealer said something about "the engine doesn't need any kind of break-in period." Now, I haven't read the manual yet, but every car I've ever bought has mentioned some type of break-in. Also, mine came with the Michelin tires, not sure what dictates whether or not you get the Bridgestone's with the Premium Package, but I prefer Michelins. Anyway, enough rambling. By the way, I didn't notice any shimmy on the way home from the dealer.

For the record, to anyone who cares: I used to use GoodYear Wranglers on an older Explorer, and they kept cupping and didn't typically last very long. I eventually switched to Michelins, and I loved them.
  • qx4_4x4qx4_4x4 Member Posts: 8
    I saw a discussion earlier on floor mats: Did anyone ever find a set that fit well?
    Try www.roadstore.com, I think that the consensus is that WeatherTech cargo mats are great, but the floor mats are universal fitting, not custom. Husky Liners seems to be best for the floors, even the cargo liner is good.

I'm waiting also from feedback from a poster in the PF forum that is buying the husky liners.
    qx4_4x4
    I believe the break in of 1000 miles was
    stated in the owners manual. Also, all new
    owners please check your tire pressure, mine
    was picked up with 55 PSI.
    The Michelin tires carry an treadwear rating
    of 440 and my passenger rear tire was replaced
    by the dealer at no cost.
    The dealer first sent me to NTB for my
    tire problem, where an NTB technician stated
    that the problem was caused by an impact bubble and the vehicle owner was responsible for the cost
    of replacement. NTB did not carry the same
    size LTX's so I went back to the dealer and
    the dealer technician diagnosed the problem as
    internal tire failure.
  • nicky44nicky44 Member Posts: 5
    Im looking to get a QX4 2wd loaded and the navag. system......was wondering on the price paid by people.....whats a good price to PAY OVER INVOICE?....also if anyone has any input on the RX300 vs QX4 let me know thanks nicky
  • smacosmaco Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a '01 QX4 4x2 with nav, sunroof, premium package and rear wing. List was 38,305 with destination charge. Paid 34,927, dead invoice.

Felt like I got a real good deal.

Thx, John
    Rx300 is not in the same class as the QX4. The Qx4 is a luxary SUV that is actually a SUV. The Rx 300 is a passenger car with a SUV body ( a 21st century station Wagon) yuo might as well buy a Volvo crosscountry. Here's why, rx300 is built on a car platform( Camry), does not have a true 4wd. system, a low towing capacity, and no 4WD low. The QX4 is a true SUV, it is built on a true truck frame( but has the handling/ride of a car ), has one of the most advance AWD systems and a 4wd w/ 4wd lo. higher towing capacity, and a great enngine( one of ten best, I love that engine so much I have in a maxima and a QX4 3.0 ans 3.5 ). Also check out the new motor trend death valley SUV comparo issue, they said some great things about the QX4 off road prowess.
    smaco, +245 over invoice was an great deal. Where did you purchase the 01 QX4? Who was the salesperson? Thanks.

As an owner of both the RX300 and the QX4, the
    comparison between the two could be classified as one being a luxury hybrid minivan and the other, a compact luxury truck.
  • suvrookiesuvrookie Member Posts: 1
    Greenlight quote me 34,211 on QX4 with Premium Package, Heated Seats, Sunroof. The invoice is 33,361. Is this a good price?
    We've had our 01 Q 5 weeks now & 1550 miles. Wife loves it (her car). For toledo, our lease was 48 month, 48K miles, residual was 53%, money factor was .00295 through Chase. Our pricing was $1K over invoice, $33,870. We have 4X2 premium pkg & rear wind def. I thought I got a good deal but looks as if now dealers are beginning to really discount these SUV's ie. $245 over invoice as mentioned above. The uh oh is that my wife brought to my attention that the one of the power seat controls stopped working, in for service she goes on Friday! Hope this isn't a sign of things to come... We previously had a 97 JGC & over 3 years the only problem was a faulty CD player. Honest!!
  • fred132fred132 Member Posts: 22
    I test drove a QX4 and a top-end Jeep Cherokee a couple of days ago. The Cherokee was very comfortable, but ride and handling was very mushy. Seemed like you could flip it over doing an emergency maneuver on the highway. Cornering was an adventure, lots of body lean.
    In contrast -- the QX4 was very tight, rock solid at 80 mph. It's no 540i, but it cornered very well for an SUV. In another category entirely from the jeep.
    Interesting that the difference in street price between the two seemed to be around $2k. Let's see -- for $2k you get greatly improved handling, better crash rating, and (presumably) better reliability.
    Not bad.
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Member Posts: 5,751
    They are entirely two different vehicles for two different purposes. The stock Grand will climb over rocks, logs and go in streams, however the ride is slightly harsher than the competition with IFS. Also QuadraDrive beats the QX4 4wd.

Good luck with your purchase I hope you enjoy it as much as I do my Jeep.
  • smacosmaco Member Posts: 2
    The dealer I bought from was Infinti of Tampa Bay, Tampa Fl. I feel they wanted to move this vehicle because of the Nav System, a lot of money for something that is still in it's infancy. ( not a lot of areas mapped out yet, but does include upgrade cd when available.) I do not recommend talking to my salesman because he got upset at the GM for the deal and told me several times in the transaction how he only made $50.00 on me. Sad part is he didn't SELL me the car. I knew what I wanted and I was a coconut that hit him on his head. This deal took less than 30 minutes of negotiation. HMMM, let's see 30 min=50.00 bucks, I wish I made that kind of money. Most of these guys have no idea how to treat people who can really consider spending these bucks. This guy came from a Caddy dealer and you could tell, my wife went back to the dealership to get the Nav books and CD(these guys knew nothing about the system and told me it would be mailed to us. The cd and manuals were really in the parts department, 175 mile trip to go back and get. When my wife asked the salesman if he was going to show her how to operate it, he said" AWW you can figure it out, it explains everything on the screen" At $50.00, he was overpaid. If anybody would like to email me my email is jrigsby@tampabay.rr.com. I do not get to this forum too often.

Thanks for your time.