Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Audi Q7 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    mayurjagtapmayurjagtap Member Posts: 1
    660 a month incl. taxes, 960 drive off incl. first month payment
    36 months, 10K miles

MSRP : 56825
    Invoice : 52902

Cap Cost : 50,200
    Audi Care: 675
    Acq. Fees: 575
    License : 250
    Doc: 50
    Adjusted Cap Cost(incl. negotiated price, audi care, acq fees, license, doc) = 51750

LF: 0.00006
    Residual: 53% = 30,117
    Depriciation: 21633
    Finance charge = 4.4$ a month (based on 0.00006)
    Monthly premium = 21633/36 + taxes (55) + finance charge (4) = 660$

Have fun, Love Q7.
  • Options
    raymondw7raymondw7 Member Posts: 25
    mayurjaqtap that sounds like a great deal, what state? if near NJ please provide dealership
  • Options
    nachinachi Member Posts: 9
    Deal sounds too good to be tru. Where did you get the car and what color. Definitely not black on black
  • Options
    towsonnctowsonnc Member Posts: 9
    purchased in april.

Q7 3.6 Premium w/Pano sunroof, 20" all season, Four zone climate, Conv package, and Nav. $2500 down total - $680/month. 36 months/12k. Lava Grey w/Black interior.

dealer was in PA but close to NJ and NY. email me - username @ yahoo if you need more specifics.
  • Options
    chibar78chibar78 Member Posts: 6
    i want to lease a Q7 which was on promotion till May, 02, 2008, i live in Orange County (California), does anyone know this promotion will extend or next couple of month will have the same deal again, since i won't be ready to lease unitl June, 08.
    here is the specs of the lease on the audi website, is that a good deal, since this is going to be my first time leasing a car, please advice, thank you so much

sam

down payment $1,999
    no security deposit
    acquistion fee $575
    first month's payment $559
    amount due at lease inception: $3133
    excluded taxes, title and dealer fees

36 Month lease
    10,000 per year
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, tleco. I don't think that what you said sounds stupid at all. Some people are interested in squeezing every last penny out of a deal and others just want a reasonable one.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    That's a very good question, loggie. I don't believe that I've ever heard of someone cashing out the incentives that are available on a leased vehicle in the form of a check. This reminds me of the old Lee Iacocca "Buy a car. Get a check." ads that started this whole slippery incentives slope that manufacturers find themselves on today. I would say that you probably would be able to do this, but I am not positive. If you find out, make sure to stop back and let us all know.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi nachi. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Q7 that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing what this vehicle's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I am sure that someone in this discussion will be happy to give you their opinion of this deal if you provide us with this information.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi chibar78. Audi Financial Services' lease money factors for the 2008 Q7 are the same in May as they were in April, but its residual values are 2% lower. This drop in residuals will make this truck more expensive to lease now than it was last month. On the plus side, Audi is now waiving the first month's payment on Audi Financial Services leases of this truck for free.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    thank you so much Car Man for the info, just one last question, which month should i get this lease going, since you mentioned Audi Financial Services will waive the first month of the payment, should i wait for the next Audi promotion on the Q7, i don't know which deal are better, Sorry to keep asking.

thanks
    sam
  • Options
    lansalansa Member Posts: 7
    Is there dealer cash on the Q7 in May? If so, how much? What do you guys think is the best I can do on a car that stickers 48k?
  • Options
    Hi Car Man & Everyone, can anyone tell me which dealer i should go to lease the Q7 in Orange County or LA County, i was looking at the promotion for this month of May on the Audi Website, is that a pretty good deal as well or i should wait (any other incentive or rebate), also is the money factor is the same for this month. thanks

2008 Audi Q7 3.6 Premium
    $649 per month
    36-month lease*
    Down payment $0
    Security deposit $0
    Acquisition fee - capitalized within lease contract ($575)
    First month payment $0
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Amount due at lease inception $0

10,000 miles per year
  • Options
    tlecotleco Member Posts: 34
    It seems like a good deal.
    I got mine for $640 incl Audi Care and No $$$ down
    36 months 15K a year
    Q7 3.6 Premium MSRP $50750 minus $5000 discount
  • Options
    thanks tleco, is the $5000 discount from the manufacture or dealer, also can you recommend any Audi Dealer in Los Angeles area.

sam
  • Options
    $5000 from Dealer here in Dallas. Not sure what is the break down of Dealer and Audi
    They can ship the care for approx $900
  • Options
    2001a62001a6 Member Posts: 8
    for a 2008 3.6 Premium for 36 months with 10k or 12k per year.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    luvaudi19luvaudi19 Member Posts: 34
    What optional equipment are you looking for? A 3.6 Premium can range from 49K to over 60K.

If you have MSRP and selling price, here are the lease parameters:

Money factor: .00006
    Residual: 49% for 12K 50% for 10K (deduct 2% if you get S-Line package)
    Acquisition fee: $575

Currently, Audi is paying the 1st months payment as well as an extra $1000 towards your down payment.

-Jerry
  • Options
    raymondw7raymondw7 Member Posts: 25
    can you provide the spec's of the car and a contact at the dealership

ray@wassef.org
  • Options
    emonstremonstr Member Posts: 4
    I Just signed a deal with DCH Audi for a Basic Q7 w/ Comfort Package and Panaromic sun roof. MSRP $48,025

36 months/12K year
    $1500 Total out of Pocket
    $550 month
    Price includes all NY taxes and fees. As a novice to Leasing did I get an honest deal?
  • Options
    mac77bearmac77bear Member Posts: 22
    Anyone have any numbers on current lease payments on Q7 4.2 or on 3.6. Looking at one that is MSRP of 63k was wondering what a good deal would be on it?
  • Options
    Anyone know the money factor and residual factors for a 2007 4.2 Premium? I have located a dealer demo with 6k miles on it. Trying to figure out if it might make sense to lease instead of a 2008 3.6 premium. The car listed out for around 60k and I should be able to get it between 51.5 and 52.5.

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    Pre-Owned leasing or leasing a previous model year car is generally not a good idea. However, it sometimes does work out best.

I generally have to say at this point though with subvented money factors on 2008 models (.00006) vs money factor on 2007 models (.00170-.00350 depending on which bank), the odds are that the 2008 model will lease much better.

There are a lot of variables in leasing previous model year cars and used cars. Not many people know how to do it (including 95% of sales managers and finance managers at car dealerships from personal experience). Usually the residual is a numerical value that one has to figure out and add/subtract for miles/options/etc. If you want to post the exact miles and options on the car, I can run some numbers on the 2007 demo when I get back to the office Tuesday for you.

-Jerry
  • Options
    First of all - thanks in advance.

The car is a 2007 4.2 Premium

* Leather Interior
    * Moonroof
    * Navigation System
    * Premium Stereo
    * Roof Rack
    * Side Air Bag
    * Towing Package

Vin#: WA1BV74L47D063252

It has just under 6,000 miles on it.
  • Options
    Sorry, busy with month end stuff here at work, but here is the current US Bank program and ALG residual:

Rate: .00190- .00200
    Bank Fee: $695 at tier (1)
    Residal for 36/15K: 23675 (add 2% to this number for 12K)

Hope this is enough to get you started. But a very quick calculation shows a payment of low $900s + tax with no cap reduction assuming a sale price of $51.5K.

-Jerry
  • Options
    Thanks Jerry - it is much appreciated.
  • Options
    jag77jag77 Member Posts: 1
    Looks like a good deal.

I just bought the exact same car this weekend (5/26/08) with the MSRP of $48,775 ($750 for the paint color) and got this deal.

36 months/10K year
    $900 out of pocket (includes $689 dealer fee and all taxes)
    $567 month + tax

Used Audi Summer Event as a baseline, so they paid first month's payment as well.
  • Options
    bamiller60610bamiller60610 Member Posts: 2
    Jerry, you appear to be the go-to man for Audi Q7 information! If the posts weren't 70-some pages long I might be able to find an answer to my question, but for the sake of time here I am.

We were intending to just purchase a Q7 this summer, but times have changed and a baby and new house are now on the way. We're looking to lease now....we want a 2008 Q7 3.6 Premium, S-Line with the 20" rims (WQB), moonroof (3FU), convenience (PPX) and technology packages (XTA) - MSRP: $60,175, Actual Price:$56,800. We will most likely being purchasing it at the end of the lease. What kind of monthly should I expect on that kind of lease? Also, what kind of purchase price am I looking at when it's done? Are extended warranty plans available to vehicles coming off lease?

Thanks in advance for any help!
  • Options
    No problem, always happy to help. The problem with the S-Line package is that you take a 2pt residual hit. However, if you intend on purchasing after lease-end, this does not matter much to you.

Not knowing what your tax rate is nor your DMV fees, a quick calculation under Cali taxes shows a payment of low-to mid $800s (pre-salestax) based on $0 drive-off (Summer of Audi program) and 15k miles per year.

For your own calculations:
    Rate: .00006
    Residual for 15K (3.6 Premium with S-Line) 45%
    Bank fee: $575

In terms of end-of lease buyout and extended warranties, my best advice (and this may not hold true in the future) is get it CPOed. To do this is very easy though most dealers don't have a lot of experience with it. Basically, the dealer buys it from AFS when you return the car, runs it through the CPO process, and sells it back to you. Basically, you pay residual (or less based on the market pricing when these cars come off lease), a couple of shop hours, and the actual CPO costs, plus taxes and tags (as applicable in your county/state).

Most extended warranties are a pain-in-the-butt to deal with from the dealership level and rather expensive. The CPO process should be around $2K plus the costs of the reconditioning necessary, so it should be less expensive.

Hope this answers most of your questions

-Jerry
  • Options
    bamiller60610bamiller60610 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks a ton, Jerry!

We have the option of Cook or DuPage county in Illinois for registering the car. Is one location better for registering under a lease? I thought I heard somewhere that there was a benefit to leasing in the city; conversely, a purchase is more beneficial in DuPage because of the lower sales taxes.

And, finally, last question - is there any way in that scenario to put something down at Lease Inception to lower the monthly payment? Not prepaying, but instead paying the fees, etc (altering the Summer Event a bit)?

Thanks again.
  • Options
    Can't answer your tax question as I'm not familiar with the way tax works on a lease in your state. In CA, you pay sales tax on the monthly payment, so if you can register the car in the county with the lower tax rate legally, that would be the way to go.

In terms of the putting money down to lower the payment, that's at your discretion, but when you get to borrow money at .00006 money factor, you're not paying anything in terms of profit for the bank. Also, the higher the payment, the higher the "rebate" from Audi under the Summer of Audi event.

I would personally put as little down as possible (heck maybe even roll in the start-up fees if possible), and take the slightly higher payment. You're realistically going to be spending roughly the same amount of money in the long run.

-Jerry
  • Options
    Hi lansa. I don't believe that Audi is currently providing any dealer cash on the 2008 Q7.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    sky61775sky61775 Member Posts: 1
    Dear all, I just went to the Audi Dealer, and got these quote for a Q7 3.6/Premium, with Navigation System, along with 21" S-Line package, can anyone tell me if the deal is a go or i should look for somewhere else, since i live in Los Angles area, can anyone tell me which dealer i should go and the name of the sales person.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Vehicle MSRP $56525
    Cash Sale Price $54500
    Acq $575
    Cap Reduction $624.44
    ResFactor 48% (since 2 pts for S-Line)
    Residual $27132
    State DMV Fee $447
    TTL Cap Cost $55075
    TTL CC REduct $624.44
    ADJ Cap Cost $54450.56
    Customer Cash $2000
    Drive Off $2000
    Mthly Base $763.74
    Mthly Tax $59.19
    Mthly Paymt $822.93
    Term 36 Rate .00006
    10k/yr
  • Options
    perosticksperosticks Member Posts: 1
    Dear All, I've just recently joined this forum and need some help. I would like to lease a 2008 Q7. I noticed a few days ago that Audi has a new lease special for the summer in my market area - 2008 Q7 3.6 Premium with Convenience Package ($51,075 MSRP)at $499/month for 36 months with the following terms:
    Down Payment: $2,699
    Refundable Sec. Deposit: $0
    Acquisition fee: capitalised ($575)
    1st month's payment: $499
    Purchase Option at end $21,537
    10,000 miles/year ($0.25/mile over)
    Disposition fee $350

These numbers sound too good to be true. Has anyone taken advantage of this offer? If so what's the catch and what should I watch out for? I know for one that it does not include dealer contribution and other dealer fees. How much should these typically be? I plan to lease next week.
  • Options
    Welcome perosticks. Manufacturers' official advertised lease payments are definitely not too good to be true. On the contrary, savvy consumers who shop around in areas that have a decent level of competition are usually able to beat automakers advertised payments. Negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the new Q7 that you want. Chances are you will be able to beat this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    cofla99cofla99 Member Posts: 9
    Hi guys, my VW trouareg lease expires on july 7 and I am planning to upgrade to a Q7 premium tomorrow (end of the month).
    Their summer special is 649 a month 0 down which i like a lot but the truck is missing nav, so I added a couple of packages, can you help me figure out whats the best deal I can aim for at the dealership.

This are the specs:
    2008 Audi Q7
    3.6 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
    Base price
    MSRP $48,350
    Invoice $44,965

XTB Technology Package
    MSRP $4,300
    Invoice $4,001

PPX Convenience Package
    MSRP $1,950
    Invoice $1,813

3FU Panorama Sunroof
    MSRP $1,850
    Invoice $1,721

Total Optional Equipment
    MSRP $8,100
    Invoice $7,535

Destination Charge
    $775

Total with Options
    MSRP $57,225
    Invoice $53,275
  • Options
    rdxerrdxer Member Posts: 38
    Howdy -- I'm iin the same boat. My Treg lease exires late July. Been going back and forth with my local Audi dealer. On a Premium with Convenience Package, Panorama and Nav (MSRP at $54,725). I've got him at about invoice $51,400). With $3000 out of pocket (this includes 3% sales tax which we pay all upfront in my state), I'm at $699/month 36 months and 10K miles per year. I'm gonna role the dice and hope the incentives get better in July (Audi Q7 sales have totally sucked this month -- so I've been told). I'm hoping they bring back the dealer cash they had this spring.

Good luck and please post any info/results you get.
  • Options
    We ae looking at almost the same numbers, I am down to 699 mo with 1109 due at signing for 36 months, conv package, nav, upgraded wheels but no tech package.
    If anybody has a clue of their july incentives please let me know I am kind of afraid to blindly rol the dice.
    Thanks
  • Options
    pnorton1pnorton1 Member Posts: 3
    With the summer event that ends on July 2nd, what are the cash incentives from Audi Financial? Also, a couple of Audi dealerships have stated invoice prices about $1k higher than what I see on edmunds (and claims will show me paperwork to verify those invoice prices).

I'm looking at a Q7 3.6 Premium with convenience, navigation, sunroof, and 19" wheels.

MSRP: $55,525
    Edmunds invoice is: $51,565
    Dealer said invoice is: $52,581

What is a good offer price on this car? $500 below the edmunds invoice price?
  • Options
    yup, seams pretty similar. What's your MSRP? Is tax included with each monthly payment (a use tax) or do you pay it all upfront (a sales tax, like I have)?

The money factor calculates to 1.68% with a 50% residual -- is this the same for you?

I understand where you're coming from about not wanting to wait. This is my 2nd Treg and I've been leaning toward the X5. If I'm going to have a third VW/Audi product (and more ups and downs) it's got to be a super sweet deal otherwise I'll cough up a few more bucks and go for the Bimmer.
  • Options
    bubblesusfbubblesusf Member Posts: 1
    On the Audi Vehicle Invoice the Dealer adds certain charges to inflate the invoice amount. For example, in Southern California they add these additional charges:

"Southern California Audi Ad Assoc.": $449.65
    "SCADA2 Audi DAA": $272.75
    "Preparation and Inspection": $195.00

So that's $917.45 of added charges that Edmunds doesn’t show.

Audi is currently offering $1,000 Customer Cash, so $500 below the Edmunds Invoice price would be a good price in my opinion.
  • Options
    pnorton1pnorton1 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for this info on the added charges.
  • Options
    hi guys Using edmunds guide to calculate bottom line monthly payment ( http://www.edmunds.com/advice/leasing/articles/48365/article.html ) I came up with this numers using invoice as cap cost.
    Please let me know if my calculations are correct.
    10k miles, 36 mo Q7 premium nav, conv & panoramic roof.

MSRP 53825
    INVOICE 50111
    Residual Factor 50%
    Residual Value 26917.5
    Money Factor 0.00006
    36 mo depreciation 23,193.50
    Lease Terms 36
    Monthly Depreciation 644.2638889
    Cap cost + residual 77,028.50
    (cc + res) X MF 4.62171
    MF pmt + mo dep 648.89
    Tax 6% 38.9
    Bottom Line Mo Pmt 687.79

Is this the lowest possible monthly payment on this truck with 0 down just tax, tag, title and dealer fee due at signing?
    How much more would it be for audi care?

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY FOR THE SUMMER EVENT SO YOUR HELP IS VERY APPRECIATED.

THANKS
  • Options
    kp22kp22 Member Posts: 20
    I am interested in possibly leasing a Q7 this month. Does anyone have the various lease factors for July (money factor, residual, etc.)? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
  • Options
    kp22kp22 Member Posts: 20
    In response to my previous post asking for July lease factors, I spoke with a local dealership in Upstate NY who told me over the phone that the July money factor and residual value for a 12k/36mth lease on a 3.6 Premium was .00297 and 42%, respectively. They also told me that there is a $5,000 cash rebate available. The lease factors seem awful. Even with the $5,000 the numbers are awful. Anybody else have any recent experiences to share?
  • Options
    Yup, I really wanted a Q7 but was also not impressed with the numbers. Got a great deal on an X5 ($2k below invoice). Overall, for the about the same MSRP, the X5 was less, with the same lease terms (with MF@ .0024 and resid @ 56%). Plus, free maintenance.
  • Options
    anj2anj2 Member Posts: 4
    Try this dealer in PA - Audi of Willow Grove, they offer $10k off msrp on 2008 models right now. Good luck!
  • Options
    christianjchristianj Member Posts: 1
    Currently nearing the end of the Land Rover LR3 lease and have decided that the Audi Q7 will work well for me. Talked to the dealer and got the following offer on a 24mth/15k lease:

MSRP = $46,175
    Sales Price = $43,900
    Initial Payment = $3,000 towards first payment, etc.
    Residual = 58%
    Rate = .00036

Payments worked out a $766.21 which worked for me BUT here comes the kicker....they said that this was based on lease rates before July 7! Evidently since I don't need the vehicle until the end of July these lease rates cannot be applied. The dealer said they would contact the Regional Manager to get more info on future lease rates but they called me back and said they could not get those rates for leases during the last 3 weeks of July. According to them Audi has NO lease deals for the last 3 weeks and they don't anticipate getting any more deals until August when they will start selling 2009 models. Does this seem kosher? Should I try another local Audi dealer. My problem is that the money factors for 24mth leases seem to be really bad this year and Audi was one of the few that had a decent offer. Land Rover didn't have anything due to their purchase by Tata and BMW, MB, etc. have HORRIBLE rates for 24mth leases. Yes...I know I should look at other terms but my company allows me to get a new lease every two years so why should I agree to a longer term? Max payment can be $800 per month.
  • Options
    This sounds legit -- I was told the same thing (before leasing an X5). They want to sell, not lease Q7s. My guess is due to the declining SUV resale market they don't want to be stuck with overpriced vehicles down the road.
  • Options
    meant to add...
    my understanding is that there is a large ($5K amount, I've heard) of dealer cash available on sales, not leases. Maybe you want to look at third-party leasing companies (try leasecompare*com) who would buy the car (so you can take advantage of the dealer cash) and then lease it back to you. Not sure if this makes sense, but you can look online to check it out.
  • Options
    Residual value - for 24 months is 58%? I had mine with 36 months 15k at 59% and 50% with Audi care.
    Money factor was .00006
    Things changed but one thing for sure ...you should get more discount on the car. AT least $5000 Off
This discussion has been closed.