Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• stargazer23stargazer23 Member Posts: 8
    I have the AWD. The Lexus is a much "softer, smooth" ride than the BMW x5. I guess it depends on what you are looking for. Plus with all the packages I didn't have to give up anything. Good luck with your decision.
  • feldy1999feldy1999 Member Posts: 3
    I got the following in Massachusetts:

AWD
    Premium Package
    Vented & Leather Seat
    Other common features (remote start, towing etc).
    no NAV or Entertainment

MSRP: $45,200
    Purchase Price: $38,800
  • bluebmxbluebmx Member Posts: 15
    feldy1999, I think it's very good deal. Can you please share the dealer information here or via my private message. Did you get the deal via email or visiting the shop? Thanks.
  • pitt_manpitt_man Member Posts: 6
    No it was in MD
  • paguy2paguy2 Member Posts: 26
    which dealer in MD or could u provide the City or Zip?

thanks
  • carmanagercarmanager Member Posts: 4
    Do you have a Lexus to trade for the New Purchase?? Also, if I am reading your post correctly, you want to pay for a New Car $1000 less than what the dealer paid for it?
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    Dealers don't pay the invoice price, search "Lexus dealer holdbacks".

Pete
    Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I do apologize. Also, this post got rather long....

When I hear invoice, I thought that you were refering to the amount that the dealer pays to get the car. Holdback (HB) included. I try to keep things simple. So from your reply, I hope I am understanding you better. You are refering to NET.

Ex. the Dealers MSRP is $43,000 invoice is $38000 And the Dealer needs to sell it at $38,470 to not be in the red. HB is $1200 so the NET is really $36,800. From there, you would be willing to pay either $1000 less than that figure $35,800, or $200 over the $36,800...$37000.

I'm not here to defend Dealers, I don't own a dealership. Honestly, I just want to sell cars and get more units on the road regardless of the final price you negotiate. However, I do understand a dealers point of view. They buy a car from a manufacturer, then they spend more money to sell the car. There are taxes, employees, insurance, utilities, interest, legal, computer programs, etc. This adds to the "INVOICE" that, it seems, you havn't factored in (the RED figure above). In addition, if you keep the vehicle for lets say 5 years, take the profit from the example above and divide it by 60 months. Simple calculation...$200 /60 = $3.33 per month. If you keep it for ten years then were in the $ 1.17 range.

Since I sell vehicles my POV is geared towards making money. However I'm not "raking it in". I actually have a second job to supliment this one. My suggestion is to stick to a fair profit. They are great cars. I can't wait to hear what you finally get.

The awesome thing to remember is that if we all sell them for a bit over NET our backup plan maybe to sit before congress and ask for money from the public LOL
  • ad_venturead_venture Member Posts: 2
    Wich dealership did you go to.
  • ad_venturead_venture Member Posts: 2
    Feldy 1999
    I don't know if you got the other message.
    Can you tell me which dealer you went to?
  • zthefoxzthefox Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking to buy a RX350 + Nav + Prem + Comfort package + remote start. I would appreciate any input on a reasonable good and great price.
  • pitt_manpitt_man Member Posts: 6
    Rockville. 20855.
  • faceoff007faceoff007 Member Posts: 12
    Went to the Dealership yesterday. They are telling me that they are selling at sticker price because of lack of parts in Japan. Offered me two thousand below MSRP. Anyone else talk to the dealerships recently. I was prepared to negotiate at $7500 off msrp but they didn't seem to be interested at all.
  • zthefoxzthefox Member Posts: 3
    I went yesterday and tho I wasn't ready to deal they seemed very ready to. Hope to know more this week
    Hi faceoff007, I sold an RX in Santa Fe and discounted a bit more than the 2000 of MSRP. There is a bit of a shortage but not terrible yet.
    So price went up $3000 and Lexus will be adding 1.7 % to the price tag from next month.
    I havn't heard about any price increases as of yet. Although 1.7% doesn't seem to bad looking at the big picture. Thats about $400 give or take.
  • closenoughclosenough Member Posts: 31
    Finalized my deal today with $6500 off mrsp. I know it's not a great deal but I didn't have more time to shopping around.
  • 10is10is Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2011
    I'm looking at the same vehicle in Houston. RX 350 with Navigation 2011. Any updates on the best prices in the area?
    I am in Houston looking for a good deal on the '11 Lexus RX 350. Premium- Navigation-luxury. Was originally quoted 42600 last month , but now they r saying 45k on same vehicle due to "supply and demand". Can anyone help me ?
    What state are you in? I'm being quoted 2k off sticker. Any help would really be appreciated. I'm in Texas.
  • karen1582karen1582 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to purchase my very first new car and really wanted to get a Lexus RX350. I actually went in yesterday to see one in person so that I could fugure out what options I really wanted. Decided I liked the navigation and premium packages, the MSRP is $47,642. The salesperson was really nice and offered it to me for $44,500. At the time I thought it was a pretty good deal but now after reading what eveyone else wrote I think I was mistaken. What do you all think would be a reasonable price for me to ask for? Are there any tips for me to get the best price. I've never purchased a car before and to be honest I get really nervous when I'm at the dealers. Any suggestions and hints would be appreciated!! Oh and in case it makes a difference I live in Santa Clara, CA.
  • look4adeallook4adeal Member Posts: 3
    I went to Glendale Lexus, Ca., they were very up front with us. No haggling! $1000.00 under invoice plus $1000.00 for loyalty rebate. That's $2000.00 under invoice, can't beat that deal! My Lexus came with nav.,comft and premium package. [non-permissible content removed] luck!
  • look4adeallook4adeal Member Posts: 3
    I went to Glendale Lexus, Ca., they were very up front with us. No haggling! $1000.00 under invoice plus $1000.00 for loyalty rebate. That's $2000.00 under invoice, can't beat that deal! My Lexus came with nav.,comft and premium package. [non-permissible content removed] luck!

* facebook connect
  • jane3jane3 Member Posts: 21
    Went today: MSRP of $48350 or $48750-ish.....Asked for $41600, got $42900....I dont' know if it is the best deal, but after shopping for a month, it is close to what others are paying, give or take a few hundred is fine by me: AWD, NAV Prem,Comfort....I don't think any remote starter....I am going back on Sat. for the paperwork, because the financials wanted me to buy the 'extras' like Lojack, etc, I talked to my car insurance and they said not worth it, take GAP and get a new car if yours is stolen and stripped....I tried to get between $41600 and $42500 but this is the closest they came....

I am in the Boston Area BTW...
  • jones101jones101 Member Posts: 5
    Hello,
    so waht were you end up paying before TTL.
  • charlieliucharlieliu Member Posts: 80
    Karen,
    In order to get a good deal, you need to do your home work. First, figure out what the invoice price is for the car you are buying. I'd say jog down the list of the options in the sticker, go to Edmunds.com to check the exact invoice price. The car with $47,462 MSRP could have an invoice price of around $41K - $42K. And I think most of people here get $1000 under invoice. So you'd get the car for $40 to $41K if you are not eligible for the $1000 Loyalty rebate. Once you get the price that most of the people are paying, send the sales rep an email with your offer because you "get really nervous when at the dealers". And I'd send the offer to several dealers to shop around.

BTW, it's really a good car. I bought one for my wife last month. My wife loves it.
    Good Luck.
  • enar5enar5 Member Posts: 5
    I am from Austin, I am also looking in Dallas, Houston, San Antonio and Austin. Will let you know when I get a deal. I also see another post from Houston. May be we 3 can leverage a good deal.
    I got mine in ma
    AWD
    Premium Package
    Vented & Leather Seat
    Others including: remote start, parking assist, cross bar, etc.
    no NAV
  • enar5enar5 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2011
    Have you had any luck. I am also looking for an RX350
  • rama10rama10 Member Posts: 2
    Hello faceoff007,

Can you please share with me the dealer name? I live in chicago and I negotiated an RX350 without Nav package for $41000 (including destination) but no luck. Its just $4000 less than MSRP.

Its even worth for me to transport it from another state.

Thanks,
    Rama
  • russianguyrussianguy Member Posts: 5
    Karen I live in tarzana also can u please tell me the details of your deal that you received in Glendale lexus?
    Hi Karen, Do your homework. It is good to know that when you went to the dealer, that is the number they offered you. I will tell you what I did: my previous 2 cars, went shopping for 'monthly payments'..this time I read the forums, I went to Truecar.com, opencarprice.com, etc. I emailed internet reps, etc.

If the car you want is $47642, that is MSRP. Go and look up the invoice, as well as Truecar dealer invoice and factory invoice. This gives a starting point for the low price of the car. My experience is it was hard to the get the rock bottom price. In emails, I would get the offer, but on the floor, they wouldn't go that low....In the end, I looked at recent car prices that people paid, looked at the invoice, and started with the lowest price I could. I tried for a month to get someone to touch $41600 in the colors I wanted, but no luck....so I had to pick a ceiling, for me it was $42500, but I ended up at $42900 ( in the end I wanted the car before prices go up again and inventory goes down because of all that happened in Japan. I am picky on color combo and options, and brand new, etc).

The car I wanted was MRSP of $48350, and I started at $41600, an offer I got online. In person, no one would touch it, but i knew it was below invoice. I negotiated up and let them negotiate down. Remember, they have a price they won't go below, but we don't know what that is depending on how long the car has been on the lot, holdbacks, incentives, etc. I went from $41600 to $42000 they came to $44500. I said no, nothing about $42500, they offered $42900, and quickly came back from 'manager' office with that price....That is "If I can do $42900 will you take it"---that is the price they had no problem with.

They were not willing to give me a new 2011 for the $41600, and 2 dealers I talked to were shocked that a third would give me that price. One dealer didn't even give me a counter for the $416000, so I knew it was rock bottom price for my area (and probably a way to get me in to the show room for a color I didnt want or maybe a car on the lot for long time,etc, I dont' know). What I do know is that if 2 dealers wouldn't even talk to me for that low price, that perhaps for my area it was really low....So my cue was to work my way up from there. In the end I was close to $5500 to $6000 off of MSRP.

I was really nervous, despite all my homework, when I got to the dealer. I told them, 'I am here today, end of the month to get this car. Give me your closest number to $41600" they want you to say a number so they dont' give away their lowest. Stick to your number and if they counter, don't go down from their number, go up from your number. That is what I did and I got within $300 to $600 of what others paid for the car.....

Good luck, you can do it. And remember there will be others out there that 'get a better deal' but you have to figure out what you are willing to pay and that is "your best deal'
    Rama,
    $41000 w/o NAV is kind high. I am surprised no dealers take it. In my area (Central NJ), the price would be more like $39K to $40K before $1K Loyalty rebate. I got mine for $39.5K.
    Good Luck.
    edited May 2011
    Selling Price has gone up due to lack of supply.
  • jj168jj168 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    after reading karen's post, i decided to give glendale lexus a call yesterday and was able to drive away the car with about $1000 off the invoice, that figure was obtained from edmunds. by the way, i was told by a couple dealerships that price will go up by about 700 bucks.

one more thing, i was not eiligible for the royalty distcount
    Jj can u tell me what included in your deal and what terms did u sign for?
    After reading jj168's post, you can see that people still get $1000 below invoice for the cars.
    edited May 2011
    Not in Dallas Fort Worth area. Dealers are not even buzzing to sell more than 2000 below MSRP. Probably price gauging and those of us who waited and need a car now are screwed unless we can wait 6 more months.

They are saying for every 3 car they are selling they will get one back from the factory due to the shortage.

rx seems to be cheaper in CA then any other state
  • kohinoorkohinoor Member Posts: 16
    I am also looking for RX350 in Houston. Took a test drive but not very impressed with the driving dynamics, not responsive as MDX. Dealer is talking about the short supply of vehicles and not budging on the price. Please let me know if you have any luck negotiating a decent price.
  • lexus4ever1lexus4ever1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Kohinnoor..any luck with your RX350 in Houston ? I am also in the market for a new RX350...any prices you got quoted will be really appreciated.
  • lexlovlexlov Member Posts: 4
    Hello everyone
    I am planning to buy new rx 350 with premium,comfort, and navigation. Msrp 48640
    What is good deal anybody getting.
    Please let me know. Thanks
  • lexlovlexlov Member Posts: 4
    HellO Jane can you tell me what is the name of the dealer.
    Thanks
    Hey guys what the best deal anyone got in Los angeles? Please let know
    Try Watertown where I got the best price for my RX. Very comfortable to deal with the dealer.
    lexlov,
    I went to Watertown, Ma lexus. I emailed 2 dealers in Ma and one in Nh, the NH dealer gave me the lowest price, but I wasn't sure if it was for the colors I wanted. I went to Watertown and told them I have this price from NH, and I negotiated up from that. In the end, I wanted the car and color they had in stock, it was the end of the month so I knew they would be ready to go. Could I have gotten a better price? probably if I negotiated more. I aksed for $41600 based on what the internet manager gave me in NH, 2 dealers told me they couldn't match it and Watertown told me it was too low, in the end I got it for $42900 though I would have liked $42500.....but they were easy to deal with, and the floor salesman brought out his manager right away when I told them about the $41600.

They keep asking you for your best offer, so I went in increments of $500 and he came down in increments of $1000....
  • rama10rama10 Member Posts: 2
    Can you please tell me what is included in $42000? does it include Nav package?
  • alexg_fllalexg_fll Member Posts: 3
    I paid $39,000 for an RX 350, no nav from JM in Florida. Liked the straightforward transaction, love the car. Had also considered Volvo XC60, Audi Q5 and the MDX.
    Is it worth getting the Tire and Wheel protection for a new 2011 rx 350 with 19"? The price is $799 for 5 years.