Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti M35/M45 and Bluetooth

1235»

Comments

• Options
    james27james27 Member Posts: 433
    I've used two different phones with my 2006 M, a very basic Motorola (something like a V580, but that was years ago) in the beginning, and currently a Nokia N95 smart phone. Both work fine. Note, at least on my M, transferring the address book is a tedius and limited operation. My car's memory only holds 40 entries and I was only able to transfer them one-at-a-time between the car and the phone. I do not know if the newer ones changed the operation. you can store a voice tag with the numbers stored in the car. My phone is detected within 60-seconds of starting the car unless it is paired with something else when I get in. I have a BT telephone system (Panasonic) at home that pairs with my phone and lets me use its cordless phones for either the cell or land-line. But, I've got it at the far corner of the house, and it normally drops out when I'm in the garage, so the phone pairs with the car when it comes on.
  • Options
    jmarcewiczjmarcewicz Member Posts: 5
    I see that the LG enV and LG enV2 are both approved, but the LG enV3 is still being tested.
    Anyone out there have the enV3 and know whether or not it works with Infiniti?
  • Options
    james27james27 Member Posts: 433
    My personal take on this is that there is a huge variety of phones available, and Infiniti is unlikely to test each and every model that comes out. BT is a standard, and you'd reasonably expect diverse items to be able to connect. My guess is, unless the phone's firmware is all messed up, nearly any BT phone will work reasonably. Note, I don't know if Infiniti revised their BT interface (I've got a 2006), but the phone book transfer is not very capable at all on any phone. On mine, the car will only store 40 numbers, so you're typical phone's contact list can't be exchanged...you select which ones and do it manually one-by-one.
  • Options
    jmarcewiczjmarcewicz Member Posts: 5
    James, I appreciate the reply.
    I guess I really don't get then why there are some phones that Infiniti's own site deems "not comparable" and others that are. Could it be that they're just making things more complicated than they should be???
    All I want to do is have a hands-free phone in my car...that really shouldn't be too much to ask—especially at the prices we've paid.
  • Options
    coloradoguy5coloradoguy5 Member Posts: 1
    Hello. I just bought an '06 M35X. You can use an RCA Y jack that can purchased from Radio Shack/Best Buy anywhere from $8-$20. Plug in black and red plugs into RCA inputs underneath back seat air flow from the center console. The end of the "y", plugs into your iPhone.

From there, push the "Disc" button as if you were to play a CD. Push Disc button again and the screen will show as an "AUX" input. Once you are at this screen, any music on your iPhone can be played. I even play my favorite internet radio station (Radio Paradise) while driving - very cool!

Hope this helps.
    Scott
  • Options
    t1328t1328 Member Posts: 1
    With respect to Infiti's support for Bluetooth phones (not the music aspect, just the phone), their cars have amongst the worst bluetooth support I've ever seen. I've owned and/or driven cars from all of Infiniti's competitors - BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Audi, etc. They all have far, far better support for bluetooth phones. Bluetooth is supposed to be a standard, but it's implementation has been far from that.

Infinitis without navigation support far more phones than those with navigation, and those with navigation often support phones that are as much as 4 years old only. For example, try to find a Windows Mobile phone that is supported by a 2010 M45 with Navigation. The latest iPhone they support for any Infiniti with nav is the iPhone 3.0. That's a 2 year old phone. And trust me, when they say that a phone is not supported, or they don't list it on their site, it usually means that people can't hear you properly, or you can't hear people properly, etc. I get told I sound like I'm speaking from underwater, or my calls are broken up the whole time, etc. Infiniti is well aware of these issues, but have chosen not to fix them. I personally find this unacceptable for luxury vehicles. As for the iPhone and uploading phone numbers, there are two phone books in modern (post 2007) Infiniti's. One is limited to 40 numbers - that's the one that supports voice command. The other is not limited. You should be able to upload well over 200 contacts to the other one, and then choose which of those you want to transfer to the voice command list.

Unfortunately, the iPhone is the only modern phone on the market that doesn't allow you to upload your contacts at all, not even one at a time. So it can only be used properly in cars like the new M's, which can pull the contacts from the phone, or the 3 year old BMW 3 series, Audis, Lexus, etc., which can all pull the contacts. I don't blame Infiniti for not supporting pulling contacts from the phone. I do blame them for not updating their bluetooth systems to support new phones, and I do blame them for not at a minimum updating their cars with Navi to support the same phones as those supported by cars without navi. It just doesn't make sense that those with Navi have to sacrifice on phone support.

If any of you know of a clean way to replace the bluetooth system in Infiniti's with something else that still feels stock at least, I would be very interested in hearing about it. I have complained by the way to Infiniti Customer Service on a number of occasions in the last 4 years, but to no avail.

Regards,
    T1
  • Options
    all_onall_on Member Posts: 1
    Hey There,

I read your post and I have an 07 M45 and I am curious if this will work on my car as well. I didnt think there was a difference in the 06 and 07 model. Is there any way to show pictures of what needs to be done because I have no idea where to find the plug ins? Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    arcolino11arcolino11 Member Posts: 11
    hello all, sorry for the abbreviations on the subject line. basically I have blue tooth on the 07 m35x can I stream blue tooth music from my cell phone that also has blue tooth? or is there a way for me to get my music on my cell to come through my car speakers.
  • Options
    arcolino11arcolino11 Member Posts: 11
  • Options
    kneeneeb18kneeneeb18 Member Posts: 1
    Hi there, hope this helps...

Bluetooth on our cars (I have on 06) only supports phone calls, not audio. You should have the same connections I do in my 06 (Red, White and Yellow Aux behind the arm rest console facing the back seats.

Two decent ways to connect:
    1. Red/White (RCA) to AUX that can go in to your phone's headphone plug. Might get annoying static but you can get a filter that can shut out that noise. On a side note: If you have aftermarket sub-woofers, the filter will not let the low (bass) frequency thru.

2. The same as the above....However, instead of going thru your phone's headphones, buy a Bluetooth car audio player. You may need to buy a female coupler to go from RCA to Belkin. I bought a Belkin Bluetooth Hands-Free Kit from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-BlackBerry-Smartphones/dp/B004- CLYJ2I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370036691&sr=8-1&keywords=belkin+car+bluetooth

It's not the best in the world as I am still looking for better ways to connect....
  • Options
    FreezeKCFreezeKC Member Posts: 1
    Got a 2007 Infiniti m45. I have my iPhone se Paired to My-Car. However when I try to stream music from my iPhone to the car the radio in the car keeps playing. I chooses which phone I will be using tin the blue tooth menu from the car audio system. But can’t get the music to stream from my phone to the car audio. I have paired my phone over and over again per the user’s guide but no luck. Does anybody know what I am doing wrong. Appreciate any and all help. Thanks in advance!!