Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Suburban Tahoe Seat Questions

Comments

• Options
    gerfguygerfguy Member Posts: 1
    Was this an option on the older models? I have access to a third row seat With hardware from a 1997 suburban & would like to know if there factory mounting holes already in my tahoe.
  • Options
    irishrogue1irishrogue1 Member Posts: 127
    i know they recline but do they have fore/aft adjustment for legroom?
  • Options
    irvins427irvins427 Member Posts: 1
    Did you find a trade for your captain's chairs? I have a 2001 Yukon (not XL=suburban) that has a 60/40 charcoal grey cloth bench in excellent condition. I would like to trade/buy a set of captain's chairs to replace the bench. I know all captain's come in leather, and am fine with that. The most important thing at first is the swap.

If anyone has a set of grey captain's chairs to fit a 2001 Yukon, please let me know. I am in Central Florida on the Eastern coast (Melbourne).

Regards,

Sean
  • Options
    tintigabtintigab Member Posts: 2
    I may soon be in the opposite situation. I'm looking at a 2008 Z71 Suburban with the two-tone black/light grey seats. The only thing holding me back is that is has a 2nd row bench, and I need the buckets. If you're still active on this site and still interested, let me know. We might be able to work something out. I'm in Saginaw, MI, which makes shipping costs a factor, but I doubt we'll find too many people in our exact situation.
  • Options
    canuck21canuck21 Member Posts: 4
    looking to swap out my tan leather 60\40 bench in favour of captain chairs and looking for 3rd row bench to replace the 3rd row two seater.
  • Options
    canuck21canuck21 Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2007 with bench beige leather. Have you acquired your bench. If not are your chairs leather ?
  • Options
    tintigabtintigab Member Posts: 2
    cmiller11, this fall (October), I will most likely take delivery of a 2008 Z71 Suburban with 2nd row bench, heated and power release. The interior is the ebony with titanium inserts, so the color wouldn't match without new covers. Still, the cost of the covers is a fraction of the cost of new seats (about $2300). I've looked at the mounting brackets in the floor,and I believe the switch would be relatively easy. I don't suppose you'd be interested? Do your buckets have power release? I don't suppose you're anywhere near mid-Michigan...
  • Options
    lou22lou22 Member Posts: 1
    I don't know if you have already found what you needed, but we have a 2005 Suburban with captain's chairs light tan leather and we are looking for a 60/40 light tan leather bench. I don't know if 2007 and 2005 are interchangeable but we would be interested in a swap

Lou
  • Options
    plastic2006plastic2006 Member Posts: 1
    saw your post. is the bench still available?
  • Options
    buckshotbbuckshotb Member Posts: 11
    Yes - it is still available.
  • Options
    jsyochamjsyocham Member Posts: 1
    I have an 07 tahoe with ebony and morocco brown buckets. Not sure of the shipping costs, but would entertain a trade. Do the brackets match?
  • Options
    hoopyg3hoopyg3 Member Posts: 2
    Hi. If you still have your captains chairs available for the 2005 Suburban I would really like to talk to you. I also have an 05 Suburban but with the 60/40 bench seat in the middle row and am looking to trade it for the captains chairs. My interior color is also the light tan leather and the bench seat is in excellent condition. What condition are your seats in? Where are you located, I'm in IL? Thanks!
  • Options
    myloffmyloff Member Posts: 1
    I have a 04 Yukon with middle row captains chairs. The color is tan, I wouldn't say it is light tan. They are leather, in great condition. I'm looking for a 60/40 bench seat. hoopyq3 would you consider a drive and meeting me half way, I live in Oklahoma?
  • Options
    arriearrie Member Posts: 312
    myloff,

If you have a Yukon your seat will not work with Suburban. You need to have Yukon XL for it to work out. I went thru this exercise already.

However, I have an '04 Tahoe with middle row Tan leather 60/40 bench that I would like to swap out for Captain chairs. It is in very good condition.

I am in Louisiana and would not mind meeting half way for the swap.

I believe Tahoe and Yukon are exactly the same for seat mounting.

I'm in Baton Rouge. Where in OK are you?

Arrie
  • Options
    kirkwickkirkwick Member Posts: 1
    I would like to get captains chairs in my 2005 Sub.

I have a 60/40 bench in tan that I can trade or I will buy outright.

Let me know,
    Kirk
    Los Angeles, CA
  • Options
    hoopyg3hoopyg3 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I am still looking for second row captains chairs for my 2005 suburban. I currently have the light tan leather 60/40 split bench. I am interested in either a trade or just buying these seats if someone has them to sell. I live in IL and would be willing to meet someone to purchase these chairs. Thanks!
  • Options
    rcrouchrcrouch Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2000 suburban with 2nd row tan leather buckets. I want a bench. I found someone in Phoenix that has a 2001 Tahoe 2nd row bench. Will the Tahoe seat work in my SB? If not can I order a modification kit or something? If so, where do I get it?
  • Options
    hisgrace365hisgrace365 Member Posts: 6
    Do you still have the 2nd row bench seat? If what color? Thanks.
  • Options
    jessegonzalesjessegonzales Member Posts: 5
    Were are you located. I Have a 2000 SB, with a nice tan 60/40 bench. Are you willing to trade.?
  • Options
    mikelsimomikelsimo Member Posts: 3
    I have 2 bucket seats from 2007 Z71 willing to trade. 2-tone Titanium and ebony.
    Let me know if ur interested
  • Options
    rcrouchrcrouch Member Posts: 2
    I am located in Deming, NM. Between El Paso, TX and Tuscon, AZ. Where are you?
  • Options
    I'm located in Ontario, California. Can you E-mail a few pictures of the bucket seats?
    jessegonzales@verizon.net
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    You can post pictures right here - see the help link at the bottom of the page. Or you can post pictures in your CarSpace.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    piercemanpierceman Member Posts: 47
    I have 05 grey 2nd row captains chairs and I am looking for a grey 60/40 bench
    I am in Cranford NJ, just south of NYC. I would love to find someone local and do a driveway swap
    I would also buy if not interested in a swap

Pierce
  • Options
    mikelsimomikelsimo Member Posts: 3
    Sorry... I have captain seats already...looking to trade for bench seat....

Need to trade 2007 Suburban 2 tone Titanium and Ebony Captain seats for Same color Bench seat
  • Options
    bboatbboat Member Posts: 5
    bought a set of leather 10 way,heated with memory seats out of a 2007 Tahoe LT for my 2007 Tahoe LS which had the cloth seats, power 6 way on drivers side. I was told that the wiring harness is the same on these 2 Tahoes.........but the plugs for the leather seats are a 22 pin, and my tahoe has a 10 pin. I also have the heater, and memory switches installed on door panels. How do i get the 22 pin plugs and or convert to make them work?
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    I have a set of factory service manuals (Tahoe, Sub, Yukon, Avalanche, Escalade, etc), and definitely see different plugs...they have a 20 pin plug, not 22. There's about 15 pages with different plugs on them, it's hard to tell exactly which plug you have and what are on the signals, and which of the 20 pin plugs you have and the signals on that connector. Has 20 pin, 16 pin, 10 pin, 8 pin, and 6, 4, and 2 pin connectors.

It appears to be because of the different trim levels and memory features across the product line(s). It appears to have at least one trim line with a number of temperature sensors, in addition to the position sensors. There are Memory Seat Modules C1 thur C7, which these seats I guess are going to connect to.
  • Options
    thanks for the reply. It seems that all of the wires for the seat are in the harness, can the 20 pin connector be purchased and installed? I hjad a friend at the dealership input both vin numbers and it showed that the wiring harness's were the same, is that correct?
  • Options
    Is there a website that i can check out these service manuals? This link is of the harness itself and the plugs for the seats are number 3 and 13. http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showTif.do?image=1694963
  • Options
    That URL you have posted, I get a not authorized to view that site message.

The factory service manuals I have are hardcopy, three very large manuals of very thin pages, probably 6 inches thick in all. As I recall, they're like 100 bucks or so, which I've gotten for each of my suburbans I've had. They are invaluable if you do any work yourself on these vehicles. I don't remember the website to order from, but typically over the years there was some mention in the back of the owners manual how to order.

I've never found a site for online manuals for Suburbans/Tahoe's (for instance, like HelmInc.com), where you can subscribe for short term access at a reasonable fee.

I think you are going to have a hard time figuring out how to wire those seats up, without the detailed manuals. Even with them, I think you'll be cutting and splicing to get them to work. I haven't spent a lot of time trying to figure them out what you have gotten yourself into, but my suspicion is that you bought the most expensive optioned seats that would work in an Escalade, with all kinds of temperature and position sensors, and your control module in your vehicle isn't set up to handle all of those inputs/outputs....hence the plug on the controller side has less connectors.
  • Options
    if you'd like I can email the diagram to you, Its off the GM service tech website which requires a log in. Whats your email address?
    Thanks
  • Options
    The seats are out of a Tahoe Lt, the seats that your talking about also have seat coolers. These don't have them, i think that i will have to cut and splice. Does the service manual you have have wiring details?
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I have access to some free online service manuals via my public library (Automobile Reference Center). They aren't very good for the '07 Tahoes and there's 6 pages of obtuse wiring diagrams. Not very easy to figure out. I'll send you the two or three pages that mention seats (pdf files).

But you may want to check with your local library and see if they offer such a service. Seattle offers Alldata, last I heard.
  • Options
    scressellscressell Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Chevy tahoe and the seats are cloth. They are like velcro collecting everthing. I wish I had bought leather. I am now looking for 1st and 2nd row leather to replace the cloth ones. Does anyone know where I can find any seats?
  • Options
    There are companies which make leather seat covers, go right ontop of existing seats. Don't know if they make them for Tahoe, but you can check. Do an internet search.
  • Options
    cchase71cchase71 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Tahoe with a 2nd row bench seat in black leather ...If you are still looking to switch the seats out let me know I am looking to change to 2nd row captains chairs...
  • Options
    darendaren Member Posts: 1
    The seat heater in my 2006 Tahoe comes on randomly without pushing button. I can turn it off but will turn back on again. Any fixes?
  • Options
    bsfishbsfish Member Posts: 3
    I have an 04 suburban with gray leather. I have a nice 60/40 split bench seat and I'd like to trade for a set of rear captains chairs. I'm near Seattle Wa.
  • Options
    ps139momps139mom Member Posts: 4
    Very interested in a trade. We are in So. Cal. and have a 2001 Suburban 2500 LT with gray leather captains chairs in 2nd row. Our understanding is that model years 2000-2006 are compatible for trading seats.

The captains chairs are in very good condition in a smoke-free, pet-free vehicle. Please let us know if interested, thanks.
  • Options
    in NY/NJ area

Email RPierce66@aol.com if interested
  • Options
    wolfenbergerwolfenberger Member Posts: 1
    I have the gray leather captains chairs in my 04 suburban and need a 60/40 split bench seat. I am willing to trade even-up. Let's discuss our options as related to a trade.
  • Options
    bsfishbsfish Member Posts: 3
    Wolfenberger,
    Sounds good. Where are you at? I'm definitely interested My 60/40 gray leather bench is in great shape. I just went out and went over it. there are a couple light brown drop size stains in the drivers side. Real light. That's it, otherwise it looks new. How about yours. I can send pictures if you like. The big thing is your location. I'm not sure how to figure out the logistics if we have to ship them. But I can look into it. Thanks.
  • Options
    hisgrace365hisgrace365 Member Posts: 6
    I still have 03 Grey leather captains chairs and am looking for a grey leather bench seat, but I am in Florida.
    Thanks
  • Options
    BSfish
    I have 05 grey 2nd row captains chairs and I am looking for a grey 60/40 bench
    I am in Cranford NJ, just south of NYC. I would love to find someone local and do a driveway swap, I asssume you saw this and are not local, Just giving it a try
    I would also buy if not interested in a swap
  • Options
    lolimaxlolimax Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 suburban with the black leather 2nd row captains chairs, I would be interested in swapping them for your bench seat. Let me know.
  • Options
    I've been watching these posts for a while, and I see all of this interest in trying to work out a swap deal.

Just wondering, has anybody actually been successful in finding someone to swap with, and then meeting up with them to do the swap and switching out the seats?
  • Options
    ahightowerahightower Member Posts: 539
    Ha! :P
    I've thought the same thing myself.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Unless people happen to be within a couple hundred miles of each other, the freight could be a killer.
  • Options
    wwwToddHwwwToddH Member Posts: 2
    I also would like to trade tan leather captains from my '01 Suburban for 2nd row split bench. But I'd like to know for sure if it's an easy swap. I don't want to drill any holes in my floor. And is it for sure that 2000-2006 are compatible?
  • Options
    I have a 2nd row 60/40 bench seat. Light tan in color. Would like to trade for captain chairs. 2000 Suburban.
This discussion has been closed.