Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Versa Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• corkscrewcorkscrew Member Posts: 254
    Looking for basic, bare-bones model for the versa in upper Fairfield county, CT. Any ideas on competitive prices? Thanks!
  • kyokonjkyokonj Member Posts: 3
    I bought 09 Versa 1.8S (basic and automatic) sedan model
    by cash and there was $500 rebate for tis.
    I paid a little less than $16,000 all included (tax, domument fee, etching, power package (cruise, power window, keyless entry, splash guards, floor mats, DMV fee, destination charge)

This is a dealer in central NJ.
    I asked the price around here and I thought this price is ok.
    ion
    If you don't mind manual transmission without power package
    it's gonna be a quite a good price.

I wanted automatic / power package just in case I have to resale or trade in.

Good luck to your negotiation!
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    Hey corkscrue to answer your questians. I thik you can get a bair bones virsa auto hatch back or the car moddle for $12000 900 that is not including the tax and dmv fees and any dealer fees so you might figger with all those fees closer to $15000 if you want the power package with consusts of power windos door locks and think cruse controle would add a bit mor. if you wher to get a manuall trans you would save a bit there on this car. are you getting menny bits from dealers adleast 100 miles away from whair you live keep us updated pleas. I hope I was able to help You out if I can help you with anything elce just send an email to my car space acount. thanks for reading have a verry good day Marco.
  • slandrewslandrew Member Posts: 1
    I got my barebone AUTOMATIC (with floormats) for 13,979. I live in St. Charles county, Missouri, so the prices might be skewed a tad. Calculating tax, interest, and licencing, I'm looking at a 17k grand total for a new car. Not bad.
  • corkscrewcorkscrew Member Posts: 254
    Thanks for all the replies to my daughters request for info on a bare bones Versa. After checking prices for a Versa in the area, we found a dealer who has quite a few 2008 Sentras on the lot. There is a $1250.00 rebate and a $1000.00 dealer incentive, so she went for the Sentra.

2008 Sentra 2.0S
    msrp 18170
    less 2250 rebate & incentive
    plus 3% NC tax (she does not live here, just visiting)
    plus 229 document fee
    registration fees unknown, she was issued temp IN TRANSIT plate for a nominal fee.

Regards,
    Corkscrew
    congrads on the sentria that your daughter baught. boath the sentria and virsa are grate cars. tell her good luck nissans are grate cars. and thanks for reading Marco.
    has anyone baught a new nissan virsa is nissan giving grate deals on them pleas let us all no thanks for reading Marco.
  • CajupsiCajupsi Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a Versa Hatchback S Manual, with power package, cruise, abs, spoiler+mats & safety lugnut for $13,800+tax in Rockland cnty, NY
  • lookin4versalookin4versa Member Posts: 1
    hi,

if anybody has bought a 09 Nissan Versa S Hatchback auto trans in PA (around the phily area), please provide the breakdown of cost (including tax, title etc.), and also which dealer you bought it from. I am planning on buying my 1st car (hopefully a 2009 Nissan Versa) and appreciate your help on it.

thanks.
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    We got this for $15,600. before T,T & L with the $750 rebate and the $500 recent college graduate rebate but we had to finance at least $7K with Nissan. Called earlier this afternoon for the payoff & the check's already in the mail. Nice car and the kid loves her Versa in Arctic Blue...a new color for '09 and the nicest looking out there also!

The Sandman :)
  • anderson123anderson123 Member Posts: 17
    Dear all:

If anybody has bought a 09 Nissan Versa S Hatchback auto trans with power package in south Texas area please provide the breakdown of cost (including tax, title etc.), and also which dealer you bought it from. I am planning on buying this tiny toy in two weeks.

Appreciate
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Congrats on the new Versa! Solid safety for your daughter and lots of room for people and her "stuff".
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    She absolutely loves her new car...it's beautiful in the new Arctic Blue. Drives very nicely for such a small car. Got to Orlando this weekend and got to drive the other girls Accent which drove very similarly. I succeeded in making both girls happy with their new cars...unbelievable. Told my oldest that the Versa would be an acceptable commuter car for me in the future in case something ever happens to my Civic. Prefer the sedan version though. Nissan has a home run with this car.

The Sandman :)
  • jcruisejcruise Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote for Nissan 1.8S auto/HB/cruise/power of $15250 OTD. How is this? Is this OK or not?

Thanks
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    I'm assuming the msrp is around 16000. If your state charges 1400 or so for taxes and tags that is about an average deal. If your state charges $300 you have about $1000 or more to go.

--jjf

I got a quote for Nissan 1.8S auto/HB/cruise/power of $15250 OTD. How is this? Is this OK or not?

Thanks
  • olddog7olddog7 Member Posts: 23
    So where are those under 9k Versas and has anyone bought one at that price. What does an under 9k car have in it? I'm assuming manual transmission and a very basic car.
    You are perceptive. Some dealers want $1000-$1600 more to add air conditioning on some models. Go look up the versa under new cars, and spec out the cheapest you can get. Thats it.

So where are those under 9k Versas and has anyone bought one at that price. What does an under 9k car have in it? I'm assuming manual transmission and a very basic car.
  • anderson123anderson123 Member Posts: 17
    Appreciate your input. Later on, I gave up this because it does not have ABS. The thing make me confused is that the dealer showed me the exact same invoice as Edmunds. I thought this price is almost same as the TMV of edmunds. Then I did not ask a better deal, because I have been told that I should not give an unreasonable price and other dealers in my area also can not give this price. I realized edmunds TMV is only an average number and I am not a good deal catcher.
  • jendemjendem Member Posts: 1
    Looking to pay cash for an '09 1.8 S Versa Hatchback w/power package and ABS. I checked invoice price w/options and destination fee =$15,160 - Nissan offering $750 cash back incentive=$14,410. So, what should I expect to pay $200 or so over invoice?
    NYC area?
    This vehicle has sold for $2000-$3000 off msrp for numerous years depending on the time of year in most areas. I would think in a recession it would be toward the high number. A used 08 like it with 15000 miles on it barely has a trade in of $11000 (kbb.com). This is what an 09 will be worth in 12 months. $13000-$14000 is definitely what you are shooting for on the $16000msrp S.

Eating $3600 to drive a econo-bucket 1st year isn't cool. Especially in a recession.
    Get about 8-12 bids last week of the month and see how things sort out.

Good luck
    --jjf

Looking to pay cash for an '09 1.8 S Versa Hatchback w/power package and ABS. I checked invoice price w/options and destination fee =$15,160 - Nissan offering $750 cash back incentive=$14,410. So, what should I expect to pay $200 or so over invoice?
    NYC area?
  • naixiongjinnaixiongjin Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote for 09 Versa 1.6 Auto A/C with ABS package of $1,3700 OTD with $500 college cash back. Is this too high? My calculation is $1,1700 OTD according to carbuyingtips.com.

Thanks
  • generallydaftgenerallydaft Member Posts: 3
    Bought mine yesterday in NC. I paid 15,900 out the door. The rundown-

Splash Guards
    1.8 SL Convenience Package
    ABS Package
    Floor and Trunk Mats

TMV lists this car w/options at $17,664, invoicing at 17,462. Nissan website MRSP is 18,190. All those are BEFORE taxes, tags, and document fees.

I started out at overstock.com, which gave me 3 quotes, the lowest being the "guaranteed lowest price". Phone called a dealership 2 hours away that had the exact same car, and asked for a better deal, mentioning they were so far away from me. Got an written email quote from them good for 3 days. Sent that email to a local dealership, who beat the price by $10 and threw in free floor and trunk mats. Test drove the vehicle in their store, didn't buy that day. Researched their stock and came back the next day and made them an offer on one that included ABS.

Be careful- they tried to get me with the extended warranty. Quoted me 100,000miles/60months for $2500, and kept dropping it until it hit $956.
  • scorpicscorpic Member Posts: 5
    I just got a quoto from a dealer. He says that with my discount(employee of UM have the VPP discount) including taxes the OTD price is only $16,891 + Plate fee.
    2009 Nissan Versa 1.8SL HB with power pack(Splash Guards, 1.8 SL Convenience Package, ABS Package, Floor and Trunk Mats).
    But I have not got the detailed information of the OTD price.

He says that the car stickers at $18,070. From KBB, the MSRP is $16,905.00; Invoice is $16,329.00 and the New Car Blue Book Value is $16,820.00.

So is it a good deal? I am a new man that want to buy a new car. Thanks for your suggestion.

I am in Arr Arbor, MI.
    Check out my post above yours. Exact same car. I had no "employee discount" and got mine 15900 out the door. That included the plate fee. I think you can get it down a bit more, but he gave you a "reasonable" offer. You should get it in writing/email and see if any other nearby dealerships can do better. Good luck!
    Could you tell me the detailed price information you paid on this vehicle (including the invoice, tax, rebate and so on). Thanks a lot! I want to bargain with the dealer.
    This info is taken right off of my "Buyer's Order":

MSRP: 16390.29 (they adjusted this price to meet my "out the door" offer)
    NC Highway Use Tax: 491.71
    Documentary Fee: 444
    License and Title: 74
    Subtotal: 17400
    Rebate: 1500
    Total: 15900

I hope that helps!
  • topcop3223topcop3223 Member Posts: 3
    I have a quote for $14,886 plus tax and title for abs, cruise, power package, mats and guards. Is this a fair price?

Thanks
    I also got a quote of the same vehicle.

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8S HB: has splash guards, power package, cruise control, rear roof spoiler, ABS Brakes, and Floor & Trunk Mats.

Stickers at $16,315
    Invoice at $15,575

Again I won't know your Exactly discount till you come in but it should be about $300 below Invoice (Below Dealer Cost).

$15, 275 (your price w/ V.P.P. Discount)
    $190 (Documentation fee)

$15,465 (total taxable price)
    X 6% (Michigan Sales Taxes is 6%)

$16,392.90
    - $750 (rebate on the 2009 Nissan S HB model...the SL has $1500 in rebates)

$15,642.90 + Plate fee ($23 if transferring a plate from another vehicle. A new plate fee depends on your birthday)
    Thanks a lot. Your MSRP is amazing.
    what is V.P.P Discount? My out the door price is $16,008.41 fair?
    http://insidenissan.programhq.com/ba_search.psp
    I am not sure if you are qualify for this offer. Enter your company code, then you got it.
    So where are you? I think we should beat the price down.
    is 16,008 OTD fair price?
  • ycrtsbycrtsb Member Posts: 4
    White 2009 SL w/ CVT
    Mfg options: Convenience package, Floor/Trunk Mats, Splash guards
    Dealer options: Window tint, wheel locks
    MSRP: $17940 before $1500 rebate (not including dealer option costs; from Edmunds.com)
    Invoice: $17209 before rebate
    Sales price: $15760 before rebate
    When you add in the rebate, and the Texas AirCheck $3K voucher for my 1990 Honda Accord, my OTD price was $12100 or so.

This car had been on the lot since July 2008, bought it last Saturday night of the quarter (3/28/09). Woohoo!
  • charliekuncharliekun Member Posts: 2
    Just bought an 09 Versa SL h/bck with all options available inc. sunroof for $18,500 inc. payments/tax over 4 years. The dealer offered an extended warranty for 7yrs/70 or 100m miles for $1,650. Since the car is fully loaded then seems a good idea to take the extended warranty, but is the price reasonable on it?
  • jss5jss5 Member Posts: 2
    In Feb bought a versa hatchback s, barebones, manual windows,locks,AC, six speed, with dealer installed cruise for 13500 out the door, tag and tax included.This was Sandy Sansing Pensacola Florida.

Almost bought a 1.6 sedan with air at Chris Meyer over the border in Alabama but he tried to change the deal at the last moment. Had agreed to pay 11500 out the door for a 1.6 sedan with 5 speed and air. Agreed to put 1500 down and specified that the 1500 was part of the 11500. I think the sales manager realized he couldn't sell at that price and tried to change the deal to 11500 +1500 for a total of13000.

Low ball tactic. I had agreed to pay an additional 270 for dealer installed cruise but couldn't stomach the dirty tactic and the fact that he kept insisting I had misunderstood about the down payment when I had specifically asked for clarification earlier.

Have had the car for one month no complaints. Enough power to get on freeway and plenty of back seat room. Sandy Sansing was very direct in their negotiation.

So 13500 otd good, average, or bad?

thanks,
    john
    A 7/100k mi extended factory service contract on the avg sedan is worth about $800.

--jjf

Just bought an 09 Versa SL h/bck with all options available inc. sunroof for $18,500 inc. payments/tax over 4 years. The dealer offered an extended warranty for 7yrs/70 or 100m miles for $1,650. Since the car is fully loaded then seems a good idea to take the extended warranty, but is the price reasonable on it?
  • sendonsendon Member Posts: 1
    sounds very bad deal.
    including every package.MSRP18330
    I forget said OTD price to the saleman.(then they try to cheat me after I sign the contract).. car price 14800 the saleman added 695 for destination charge.
    695 for bank loan documents fee(that's [non-permissible content removed])
    also they accout the tax add the 1500 rebate base on the price we settle.
    actually I already refuse the car prepare and other charge (about 460)
    otherwise,I will get higher price ..
    carzy..very bad experience...
  • sdedmundssdedmunds Member Posts: 13
    I've had experience with Honda and Toyota, but I am new to Nissans.

What brought me here is the price. My big question is if I can get a versa 1.8 S automatic for under $12k out the door?

And if so, how does this car compare to hondas and toyotas? I'm mostly worried about reliability. I just want to have a car that I can get an oil change every 5k miles or more with no other hassles for at least 3 years. Thanks
    I've had experience with Honda and Toyota, but I am new to Nissans.

What brought me here is the price. My big question is if I can get a versa 1.8 S automatic for under $12k out the door?

And if so, how does this car compare to hondas and toyotas? I'm mostly worried about reliability. I just want to have a car that I can get an oil change every 5k miles or more with no other hassles for at least 3 years. Thanks

Any car can need repairs, so that is an exercise in probability. Don't know if you are talking about the hatch or sedan, pwr options or not. Depending on your state, taxes and tag could range from $300-1700, so OTD is not very descriptive.

--
  • swooshbugswooshbug Member Posts: 5
    I haven't bought a Versa (yet, i hope :P)

Anyways, I want the Versa SL Hatchback with the CVT. I want the convenience package and the ABS. On Nissan's website it makes me add the splash guards when I add those two... do i need to have those to get the convenience package??

How much can I expect to pay for a CVT HB? The dealer had the exact car i wanted with a price of 15500 after all rebates... how much more room for negotiation do i have?

My goal is $16000 OTD, after all taxes/fees/title, etc is that too high? Can i get it for lower?

Any advice would be great, thanks so much!!!
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Well I've seen the SL HB with CVT, ABS, and splash guards in my area going for $14,166 (MSRP of $18,070) so hope that gives you a better idea as to what to target for.
  • winniepoohpoohwinniepoohpooh Member Posts: 5
    Is there anyone buy the versa 1.8 S sedan this days?
    I would like to plus
    1. power package
    2. Mat
    3. splash guards

Is this possible to buy it around 12500? with outdoor price?

The dealer give me 14169 for ODP?
    I would hope to know is that possible? or it's good enough?
    Thanks alamocity!

Is the 14166 you mentioned the price before or after taxes?? Is that after/before incentives?
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    That is the price before TT&L and does include the rebate.
    Has anyone ever used Nissan financing?

I could get an additional $750 in incentives, and the $500 recent college grad incentive if I finance through Nissan...

But, I've already been pre-approved at my credit union for a 48 month loan at 5.25 APR or a 60 month loan for 5.35 APR..

Will Nissan's rates be a lot higher? My credit score is around 720-750 if that helps.

Thanks for any help!
    I apologize for not giving enough info.

This is the options I want on an 1.8 s model. I don't care whether it is a hatchback or not.

Optional Equipment $1,180 $1,023 $1,023
    P02 Power Package $730 $633 $633
    T01 ABS Package $250 $217 $217
    R01 Cruise Control $200 $173 $173
    Color Adjustments - - $0
    Not Sure
    Destination Charge $720 $720 $720

I want to know if I can get this for $11,300 + $720 destination + taxes + license fee. This is in the Miami, FL area. I plan to go into the dealership and tell the guy I am ready to buy at $11,300. I don't know anything about how the cashback incentive works, just care about how much I am financing.
    Hey~

11300 is the total invoice of the 1.8S with all the optional equipment you want?
    I just want make sure because I quote for 1.8S sedan with the same optional equipment for invoice price 12498. But I am in California~~

If this is the real price, can I ask them to match it??
    Okay, I'm going in tonight to talk to one of the two Nissan dealers near me.

The car I want is: SL 09 HB w/CVT, ABS, convenience package, and floor mats.
    MSRP = $18035, Invoice = $17307, and TMV = $17557

I'm eligible for 3 rebates if I finance through Nissan: the $1750 customer cash (don't need to finance through Nissan), the $750 Bonus cash, and the $500 recent grade bonus cash, for a total of $3000 in incentives.

I see a lot of you are getting the car for a thousand or two less than invoice after rebates, and fitzmall.com has the same car for $13910 after rebates (the $1750 and $750 ones, doesn't include college grad), so I should be able to get it for around $13410 after all rebates, right?

So, my goal should be around $16410 before rebates, taxes, title, tags?
    That would mean my OTD including all fee and taxes would be around $14600.

Does that sound like a good price? Is the dealer likely to agree to something like that?

Oh, and regarding the financing, my credit union will refinance the Nissan loan at the new car rate they pre-approved me for, so as long as Nissan doesn't have any sort of pre-payment penalties, or restrictions on how long you need to have the loan in order to get the rebates I plan on financing through Nissan to get the extra $1250 in rebates and then re-finance at my credit union for a lower rate.

Has anyone financed through Nissan? Do they have a pre-payment penalty??

Thanks for any help, it is much appreciated!!!
    hey, I was asking if anyone thought I could get that price. Not that I have received that quote. No one has answered me, so it might not be possible. Unfortunately I won't go to the dealership until july, so I won't let you know how it goes anytime soon.
    Hi, thanks for your information.
    I can also share my information to you.
    The lowest OD price I have already got is 13900.
    And I am still trying to negotiate with them~

Good luck for both of us!