Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Versa Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lonweslonwes Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted $13250.00 after rebate for a Nissan Versa Hatchback... They came back with financing and they want to finance it at $17265.00. Reason: COST OF DOING BUSINESS and EXTENDED WARRANTY... Now, I'm planning on saying NO Warranty and I will be getting my own at at least half the price... but where would that other 4GRAND come from. I've not signed anything other than a credit check... Looking for some advice.

I have a TRADE IN as well and it seems like they are low balling that.

I actually walked away... said I would think on it... still would like some advice.

Thanks!
    LW
  • fflintstone1fflintstone1 Member Posts: 19
    Was their quote OTD (out the door) pricing? Always ask for OTD, and to make it even clearer, tell them that includes taxes, title, registration and any other fees that they dream up.

Cost of doing business... lol. Good one.

Your quote might have been just the cash price. Then add tax and all the (real or unreal) fees and quickly you look at a totally different number.

Ask for OTD and compare different dealers and options.
  • fatm1kefatm1ke Member Posts: 11
    When I went to buy my wife's car this week I didn't find any recent deals in here, so I figured I'd post mine to potentially help someone out. Here's what I got

Versa HB SL CVT
    Premium package
    Floor mats
    Aluminium kick plate
    (also came with wheel locks, nitrogen and window etching, whatever)

$16,200 OTD here in VA with our 3% sales tax. Price includes $1250 rebate + $500 presidents day cash back

Seemed like a fair deal, my wife really likes the car. For anyone in the Virginia Beach area, Hall & Charles Barker Nissan will both sell at this price. Good luck
  • monte13monte13 Member Posts: 1
    Im a single mom trying to help my daughter get a car. The nissan versa 1.6 is what im looking at. I keep reading about knocking noise from the car from other reviewers. But no one mentions the outcome or cause. I was offered 13400 with tax and title out the door. But I dont want to get the car if it has a problem and the dealerships arent helping with the cause.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Not sure what knocking noise those folks might be referring to. I have 73,000+ miles on my 2007 Versa and yes, it does kind of make a little more what sounds like "valve noise" than my past Sentras and Altimas have, but it hasn't been any kind of problem.

$13,400 including tax and title doesn't sound too bad, although I haven't bought since I got mine in 2007 for $13,675 PLUS tax & title ;)
  • piper830piper830 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    I am deciding whether to buy an espresso black/tan Versa hatch with auto transmission and power pack (plus whatever other option they make you get with that - splash guards, I think). MSRP was $16,195, I got the guy to $14,970 OTD, looking at the sheet he gave me it is about $14,200 for the car alone. I think I am happy with that - is it a decent deal? One dealer got nasty with me once we got anywhere near $15K. I am in central VA, if it helps any.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Not sure if this helps or not but I've seen them here for $13,520 (MSRP 16,385) for just the vehicle.
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,591
    I bought the exact same car (hatch, AT, power pack) over new years for $13472+TTL, in the Bay area. Also got special finance rate. Whether your deal is a good one is hard to say. Pricing can be highly dependent on region, amount of competing dealers, incentives to dealers, etc.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• kenleslie76kenleslie76 Member Posts: 22
    edited June 2010
    Hello, I got a quote from a dealer in SoCal for $16,700 OTD including the $1,500 rebate. The MSRP of the car was $17,675. Please let me know is this a steal or not.... or I can do better than that. Please advise
  • thgearythgeary Member Posts: 2
    Versa 1.6 sedan, 5sp manual trans
    only options: AC + ABS
    black

quoted price: $11,460 (inc dest)
    I added a 7 year 70k warranty: $1400 (which I slightly regret, i may add, since the car seems very good quality over all)
    With ca tax, doc fee, gap insurance, dmv, title etc: $15000
    Down: 1500
    APR: 6.99% - 60 month loan.
    Total amount, inc cost of financing: 17580.

The car is awesome overall - very, very smart indeed, nippy/fast around town, but engine is geared low (hence the nippiness) so it revs high on freeway - 4k rpm for 80mph - sounds like you're in a washing machine, and with no stereo included, that gets boring.

backseat leg room is inexplicably huge - really - even for two 6'6" men sitting tandem its huge. The inside materials are surprisingly good - cheap cars usually smell like dollar stores, but this one is great. i have no rattles or anything yet.

I don't have the remote locks, and i already dread having to unlock the passenger side rear door - you have to open the driver door (only that one has keyhole) and reach on through. if you have kids, pay extra for the locks. i have a sienna for the wide and kids :)

only downer is that it looks extremely ugly/weird from the very front (even for a European who's owned Citroens in the past), but from any other angle is very nice, IMO. A league above the accent, rio, aveo, etc. But then personally i find the Fit utterly repulsive, so ignore my subjective view on the aesthetics - you're not buying a 11k car to impress the ladies, after all.

I had two problems: first, the passenger side brake rotor dust shield was touching the rotor, so there was a constant scraping noise. I pulled the wheel off, found the issue and bent it a half inch back by hand, now its fine. Dunno how that ever got through quality control, though. And second the check engine light came on for the first 300 miles. It has gone off now, but if it comes on again I'm going straight to dealer. Its only the evaporative emissions control system - the gas fumes in the gas tank are possibly venting to atmosphere (more likely the sensor is broken) - so its not fatal anyway. (but still not acceptable in a new car, IMO)

But really, the value for money is out of this world. As long as you can live without the power accessories, this is definitely the car to buy.
  • mbg_001242mbg_001242 Member Posts: 1
    Bought a 11 sedan 1.6 automatic last weekend. 12,070+tax/dmv in california.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter wants to interview people who are focused on achieving 30mpg or better in their next car puchase. Please reply to pr@edmunds.com by Fri, Oct 15, 2010 with your daytime contact info and a few thoughts on the subject.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• gmjdosbgmjdosb Member Posts: 1
    Nalley Nissan Decatur, GA
    1.8S Hatchback, Auto
    Power Plus Pkg, Splash Guards, Aluminum Kickplates
    Sticker - 16,645
    OTD - 13,432.21 all inclusive @ 7%
    No other Nissan dealer in Atlanta came close.
    Hopefully nothing goes wrong with it, I think they're struggling to compete with all the new cars coming out like the focus, fit, etc.

Dan
  • natureboy3natureboy3 Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2011
    Bought in Minneapolis
    New 2011 Versa 1.8S HB
    4sp auto
    splash guards
    5 piece floor/trunk set
    power plus pkg
    VDC pkg

I was in and out of dealer in an hour and a half - no trade, cash.

$14248 OTD
  • jmarieljmariel Member Posts: 5
    gmjdosb & natureboy3,

I am in the Philadelphia/South Jersey area.
    I am in the market for this same setup, same sticker price of 16,645.

How did you get it down so low?

So far, I have

16,645 MSRP
    15,933 Internet Price
    -1,000 Trade
    =
    14,933 + T,T,F (8%), which would put me at around 16,208
    One more question:

My dealer is offering 0% for 60 months or $1,500 cashback. I will most likely go with the low apr.

Does this OTD price include a cashback offer like the above?
  • natureboy3natureboy3 Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2011
    "How did you get it down so low?"

I bought this car from a dealer more than 100 miles away so I dealt only with their internet sales dept by email.

They gave me a firm itemized quote and even the VIN number of the car so I could look it up in their inventory through the internet. By the time I got up there the car was all prepped with a full tank of gas. All that was left was a short test drive and paper work.

I think the real question is not how did I get the price down but how did the dealer get the price down.

Here's the numbers taken off of my purchase agreement - the only legal binding agreement between the dealer and the buyer in my state:

MSRP ("STICKER PRICE") 16885
    BASE PRICE OF VEHICLE INCLUDING FREIGHT 14748
    TOTAL PURCHASE PRICE 14748
    REBATE -1500
    TOTAL TAXABLE SALE PRICE 13248
    SALES TAX 861.12
    DOCUMENT FEE 75.00
    TOTAL LICENSE FEES 63,88
    TOTAL AMOUNT DUE ON DELIVERY $14248

If you can make sense of the these numbers you are a better man than me.

This OTD price was $1440 less than the best I could negotiate with my local Nissan dealer so it does pay to look around.

A few thoughts:
    This was the largest Nissan dealer in my state. They had about 18 Versas on the lot and for them it was a clean cash-no trade deal and maybe they had a cash flow problem.

Also better buy quick they are closing down the plants in Japan and that can't mean anything other than higher prices.

Good Luck
  • sam_is_my_namesam_is_my_name Member Posts: 6
    Bought it last Sunday in Sunnyvale CA, it has what they call the plus package, a nice car with all power windows, keyless entry, MP3 player and all.

Paid 13700 OTD. down payment 3700 and got remaining financed @ 3.75%

in CA the ttl is about 1300-1400 dollar for this price so dealer actually got close to 12400 dollars, I am sure it is a very good deal but still please do let me know if someone else was able to get a similar deal in bay area?
    Thanks so much! This forum really helped me to get an amazing deal for a 2011 hatchback with power package!

I dealt with a few Nissan dealers in the PA/NJ area, and tried to get the best deal. I ended up with:

$16,645 MSRP
    $13,299 OOD (including 8%). No money down and 0.9%

Free lifetime Pa State Inspection
    Free 1 Year of Maintance
    Man you can not get a 2011 1.8s Versa hatchback for the price you have quoted, probably you got what the dealers use as a loaner car or a repo one, get it checked before you drive it too much...or this 13,299 is before the TTL?
    13,299 after TTL. Seems like I only paid about $400 less than you. What's not believable about that?
    because I know how low a dealer can go on a 2011 1.8s versa hatchback, anyways if you really got it at that price its good for you and bad for the dealer as he took a loss.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    Incentives can vary from one geographical area to another.
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • merckxmerckx Member Posts: 565
    Last October I bought a new 2011 Versa Hatch, manual shift with power package,sill plates, and mud flaps for 13K OTD. I was very pleased with that price.
  • nissanversa1nissanversa1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Jmariel, I am looking for the save vehicle in PA/NJ area. Can you let me know which dealership did you get the good deal?
    Thanks
  • nissanversa1nissanversa1 Member Posts: 2
    i am looking to buy a 2011 Nissan Versa Hatch or sedan. I am in NY/NJ/PA area. Can anyone suggest a good dealer?
  • myml1myml1 Member Posts: 3
    HI Can I get the dealer name, that you visited. Can I have your name for reference
    Please email me and I will give you my name for reference as well as the info, thanks!
  • drbaddrbad Member Posts: 3
    Which dealer did you get it from? And was this a automatic? Thanks in advance.
  • cj_ccj_c Member Posts: 1
    Which dealer in Sunnyvale, CA? Thanks
  • dfordhirajdfordhiraj Member Posts: 6
    Appreciate if you can suggest a good dealer and price for Nissan Versa. Just want "a" car to drive from home to work on 405. Live 10 miles from the office. So Just want to get a car.

Appreciate you feedback and suggestion.

Regards,
    DC
  • dfordhirajdfordhiraj Member Posts: 6
    hi Sam,

Can you please tell which dealer you got in Sunnyvale ? So essentiall 12500 (1.8S + Plus Package) + TTL seems like a good deal.

I will check with the few dealers over here if they can get it to this close..

Thanks,
    Dhiraj
    Are you looking to buy a compact or sub-compact car, but you’re waiting for a better deal? Or are you looking trying to sell a used car and you’re seeing that prices are (or aren’t) going down? A reporter is interested in talking with you. Please reach out to pr@edmunds.com by Wednesday, July 13, 2011.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• loverleeloverlee Member Posts: 1
    I went to a dealership over the weekend to inquire the VPP price (plan A) for the 2011 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8s automatic with the power package. I was quoted 17K out the door. ($500 incentive if I were to finance with them). Why so high?
  • vikramsvikrams Member Posts: 2
    Hi ,

I am looking for this car. Is this manual ? Can you please tell me the dealer name and the sales person contact ?

Please Reply , I need to buy the car ASAP.

Thanks
    I bought this car end of March 2011 and paid 14k OTD. Dealer was Falore Nissan, car is 1.8s hatchback, plus package automatic.

This Saturday I again went to the same dealer with my friend who wants to buy the same Versa, dealership has changed and so are all the people who worked there when I had bought it. My friend couldn't get the same deal, the final price offered to him was $15400 OTD.

--Sam
    I have already posted my reply but the 14k deal is not there anymore, I had bought an automatic only. Dealer offered 15.4k OTD for the car.
    yes it was around 12.5k + TTL, automatic 1.8s hatchback 2011 with power plus package. I got it from Falore Nissan in Sunnyvale.
  • 930331930331 Member Posts: 1
    can you tell me where in CA even though it has been a long time ago
    Thank you
  • ctxctx Member Posts: 50
    Bought a 1.6 s sedan with AC and automatic - 2012 for $12.5k + ttl for walk out of 13.5k. Austin, tx. Good or bad deal? Only one dealer offered this price. The others told me they couldn't touch it.
  • swede4swede4 Member Posts: 1
    $10990 Versa advertised is not available. We got internet quote for one and when we went to dealer, they tried to get us to buy a more expensive model, saying that model was hard to find. When we persisted, they said they would try to find one. After a week, still none available. Seems this is a "bait and switch" ploy.
    A reporter is looking to speak with someone who has recently traded down from a midsize to a small car, or who recently bought a compact car after shopping both midsize and compacts. Please e-mail pr@edmunds.com with a daytime phone contact and a brief description of your experience.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    All good things must pass, and the time for my 2001 Altima to retire has come. 219,000 miles and it doesn't owe me a thing. On the bright side, the 2012 Versa 6-speed will hit my driveway Saturday morning. This will be the 4th Versa for our household, all 6 speeds. A 2007 (currently at 109,000) a 2010 that saved the wife when it was rear-ended while sitting still by an F-150 and totaled, and a 2011 (currently at 38,000) that replaced the 2010.
  • formula353formula353 Member Posts: 3
    I tried my best to get a deal on my 2012 Versa sedan. They only had two in stock. One was stripped down and the other an SL. I bought the SL however they only budge $200 off the sticker. I'm sure in a few months when they've been out a while I could shop around and get a better price. So far I do enjoy the car.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    Is your 2012 Versa the Hatchback or Sedan? If it's a 6-speed manual, it has to be the 1.8S Hatchback or 1.6S Sedan...right?
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • funsun11funsun11 Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,
    I am planning on going to see a local Nissan dealer in the Tampa Bay area. The quoted me for a Nissan Versa 1.6 S CVT (2012) for $13825.
    My parents paid $17,500 for 2011 Versa with $2000 down. They live in the Philadelphia area.

I did a True Market Value price for the area Tampa Bay (where I live) and they said : $13404.

I am a female and I won't be taking anyone with me. Any advice on how to handle and negotiate would be helpful.

I know the price range that I am looking for and I am willing to walk out as I refuse to make myself car poor due to high payments.

I am planning on calling the dealer within the next few hours. Any help would be appreciated.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Once you have determined the price that you are comfortable with, I would then get the dealership to break down the out the door price to make sure there are no hidden surprises. Next if you plan to finance the vehicle I'd recommend getting approval for the loan before you walk into the dealership, sometimes they may be able to beat it, others times not but best to be prepared ahead of time. Once in the finance office they will attempt to sell you extended warranties, maintenance and other types of packages so decide beforehand whether you want them or not, don't let them talk you into anything you don't want. Best advice a car salesman once gave me is to not do all the talking, the more you talk the easier you are to read.
  • gooddeal12gooddeal12 Member Posts: 5
    Ordered my 5speed versa today at apple nissan in york pa for delivery in march. $12.7K (TTL included) .
    Its sedan with 1.6 engine
    VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH APPLE NISSAN! ORDERED VERSA 5SPEED JUST FEW DAYS AGO. TODAY STOPPED AT DEALERSHIP TO FIND OUT ABOUT THE CAR AND MANAGER INFORMED ME THAT DEAL IS OFF,because nissan stopped making versas with 5speed transmission.