Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Yukon / Yukon Denali

Comments

• larry91larry91 Member Posts: 189
    Hi, unless i misunderstood,debster72 did not say she was getting cold air out of the system when the heat was on. She wondered if the A/C light should be lite when in the Auto mode and she is using the heat. As i said, perhaps i misunderstood the question.I have certainly done that before..
    Thanks
  • blackmagic1blackmagic1 Member Posts: 10
    I have not had a chance to take it to the dealer. It has been snowing continuously for the last several weeks and the dealer will not provide a replacement loaner. The handling in the snow keeps me driving it for now.

Thanks for the info. jammon1. I have to take it in soon due to excessive brake squeal. I will mention this info.

Too bad the new (larger engine) BMW X-5 isn't a little bigger!!!
    Where do u live that it's be snowing so much? I'm in Chicago, haven't had any yet.
    larry
  • jammon1jammon1 Member Posts: 28
    I should have clarified. I was not speaking about the AC light during auto climate control mode. I was speaking about the rear climate control working with a mind of its own. The rear has been resolved and is working fine, just in time for winter.
    As for the AC light during auto mode, it will go on or off as the system determines the need for it.
  • tspathostspathos Member Posts: 10
    I've had my Denali Xl since early Oct last year and for the most part have always been comfortable with the temp setting at 74 or at the 12:00 position. Its not until recently that I get to fumbling,cursing and kicking when it starts blowing cold air with the outside temp between 30 and 40 degrees. Thanks for the info, I'm going to take some of your posts with me on my next trip to dealer.Hope they don't ask me when the ac light is on or off because I'm so confused I don't have a clue.
  • heatwave3heatwave3 Member Posts: 462
    Jusr had a oil change done at 13,000 by the dealer. I asked if there were any updates to the flash memory that adjusts the shift points on the transmission based on some of the posts I've read here. In fact, there was an update.

They did the update while changing the oil and the result is a noticeably smoother take-off from a dead stop and smoother shifting between gears. It costs nothing and only takes an additional 15 minutes.

Its worth checking into next time you're into the dealer for any service.
  • boone924boone924 Member Posts: 3
    I have a three week old 2001 Yukon XL. I really am enjoying the vehicle. I have noticed that when I remove my foot from the gas peddle and coast there is a whining sound that I can only surmise is the driveline. When I put my foot back on the gas peddle the sound goes away. Anyone else have this whine and is it a concern? There also seems to be some slack in the engagement with the transmission that makes a slight clunk sound sometimes when turning a corner and then accelerating.
    Yes, I have the same whine with my foor off the accelerator. I believe it to be a normal condition and have had the same whine in all of my 4x4's. I have never questioned it, but am sure someone reading this will have an answer.
    I have not noticed the clunk.
    Larry
  • goodguy2goodguy2 Member Posts: 9
    My 02 XL only has 210 miles but no whine (Knock on wood) yet. I did notice a whine when I was test driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I believe its from the alternator. Some whine louder than others.
    Be Thankful u didn't buy the Jeep!
    The whine is a fairly normal gear noise. I would rather keep the whine than have the dealer change out the differentials. Just my opinion.
  • denaliguydenaliguy Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a 02' Denali and LOVE IT! Power, comfort and overall ride is awesome:best in its class. One problem though... as I was driving to work the transmission "locked-up". I took it back to the dealer who inspected the transmission but found nothing wrong. I too have the 4L65 HD transmission as I will be towing my boat in the summer. They said they did a "flash-memory" service but no sooner am I pulling out of the dealer's lot when it happened again!

Chevydude, have you heard anything else regarding this?
    How does one find out which transmission they have? My sticker says 4 SPD Auto trans, electronic. Is this the 4L65 HD?
  • blackmagic1blackmagic1 Member Posts: 10
    larry91,

I live in Central Oregon at the base of the Cascade mountain range. The western part of the state has had rain for a month, but it comes down as snow on the east side. We have had continuous snow and ice for almost three weeks now.

I commute about 60 miles round trip and the DXL has been great. I put a set of studless snow tires on it and it goes anywhere. Even freezing rain has been no problem. The traction is almost scary. It handles even better than are Quattro. That's why I hate to take it in for these little annoying problems.

Again, GM has missed the little touches. The Audi has an indicator on the dash that lets you know when the vehicle's traction control is coming on due to loss of traction. This would be nice in the Denali. It lets you know that it may be time to slow down.
    goodguy2: Both Denalis have the 4L65HD trannys. All Yukons (Tahoes) and all 1/2 ton Yukon XLs (Suburbans) have the 4L60 trannys. All 3/4 ton Yukon XLs and Suburbans have the 4L80HD trannys. The 4L65HD is dedicated to the AWD Denali's and the 4L80 is dedicated to the heavier towing capacities of the 3/4 tons.

As a side note, for those of you with Yukon XLs, Subs and Denali XLs, the third row seat overhead light does not have on/off reading light switches. This can be easily upgraded by ordering the second row light with switches from http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/. The part #s are 15765710 for the Tan interior, 15044370 for Shale and 15765711 for Pewter. The light runs about $21.00 plus shipping.

To install, turn off the overhead dome lamps at the dash. The old lamp is easily removed by using a small screwdriver to open the lens of the existing lamp (look for the small notch to pry the lens open). This will enable the light to simply be pulled down from the ceiling. Disconnect the wire plug from the old lamp.

Next take a pair of strong scissors and simply cut the ceiling along the lines impressed into the ceiling by the original lamp (the old lamp is smaller than the new lamp). Plug the wire connector into the new lamp and test the lamp briefly by turning on the overhead lamp switch at the dash. Reinsert the new lamp into the larger opening with the lens open. Once the lens has been closed, the new lamp with switches will be locked into place.

Its an inexpensive upgrade that will enable your third row passengers to do some reading or coloring on any long trips at night. Unfortunately, you can't perform the same upgrade on the cargo area lamp unless you run a ground wire from the third row lamp and change the wire connector to incorporate this extra ground wire.

OUCH, that's too tuff a climate for me, I like Sun and Heat.
    I understand perfectly what u are saying re the Denali, I love it too, but are really ticked off about the seemingly little touches that the GM designers forgot. Maybe they didn't forget, but didn't think necessary, anyway, maybe Lutz can shape them up????? Also Fit and Finish is a bone of contention, it's really POOR. However, after listening in on the Sequoia forum and the problems some of those folks are having, i mellow somewhat about my tyrates about GM. Guess none of the auto mfg's really have it all together.
    Larry
  • KThomp100KThomp100 Member Posts: 62
    Hi all, I have a 2001 GMC C3, which has nearly the exact same interior and other furnishings of the Denali's. Same engine, same AWD system, it's just the pick-up truck version. The only thing I don't have is the Bose system and the Auto A/C. Otherwise, interiors are same material. I have found that my truck is put together superbly. No squeaks, rattles, or any fit and finish problems. Mine is black with the two tone pewter interior. Also should note that ALL C3's were
    built in Canada. Not sure if that has anything to do with assembly quality but I wanted to bring that up since I think most or all Denali's are built in the US.

Anyway, this truck is the only new vehicle I have never had mechanical or warranty related items to address. It is just as pleasurable to drive as my 99 Lexus GS (which had numerous warranty issues) and I am thinking about selling the Lexus and just driving the C3. Anyway, just thought I would jump in with my comments since our vehicles are pretty similar. Just wish the C3 and the Denali's came in more color choices (I only had 3 choices)
  • jphdxljphdxl Member Posts: 32
    I've been lurking in the forum for some time now. Thanks to everyone for the great tips and ideas (hi-beam relay, radio troubles, replacing 3rd row "reading" lamp, etc.). We got a new '01 DXL last summer (no sunroof, 2nd row bench). My only complaint with the DXL is that I couldn't get the sunroof because it took off too much headroom (I'm 6'5"). Thanks again for all your help!!
    Jason
    On page 2-19 of the Owners Manual it describes an Engine Coolant Heater. (If Equipped).

If equipped to me indicates its an option. I thought the the DXL only had two options. Moon roof and center buckets.

Also, can somebody explain what the black female plug under the dash on the drivers side is for?

The outside temp is now 44 degrees. Fan was blowing hot air under two minutes after engine was running. Never had a heater work that fast in any other vehicle. Not bad.
    goodguy2: Other than color there are only three options to choose from on the Denalis. 1) Moonroof 2) Center buckets instead of split bench 3) plug in engine heater.

I'm not sure what the female plug is, however I suspect its for the service computer to be plugged into when diagnosing and servicing the vehicle.
  • jgmilbergjgmilberg Member Posts: 872
    The plug on the dash is called an ALDL socket. ALDL stands for Assembly Line Data Link. It is used by the dealer or mechanic to service and program certain features on your vehicle. If you have had any GM car/truck built between 1982 and now with a computer they all have them in the same approx. location. Also, if you purchase one of those power programmers it hooks into the same plug for performance programming or tire size changes. Hope the info answered your question.
  • willardh3willardh3 Member Posts: 18
    I know there was a certain amount of disussion last year about the cold air coming in on the passenger sides foot well....does anyone know how GMC has resolved this? Is there a TSB I can reference at the dealership? Thanks for the reply.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    Passenger Side of Vehicle Colder/Warmer Than Drivers Side (Repair HVAC Case to Cowl Seal) #01-01-37-008
    Passenger Side of Vehicle Colder/Warmer Than Driver's Side (Repair HVAC Case to Cowl Seal)
    1999-2001 Chevrolet and GMC C/K Pickup (Silverado, Sierra) and Utility (Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon, Yukon XL) Models

2002 Cadillac Escalade

Condition
    Some customers may comment that the passenger side of the vehicle may be:

Colder than the driver's side when the heat mode is on.
    Warmer than the driver's side when the air conditioning (A/C) mode is on.
    There may be dampness on the vehicle dash assembly when the A/C mode is on.
    Cause
    Condition may be due to poor sealing of the HVAC air inlet case to the front of dash or the recirculation mode door actuator may not hold the recirculation door closed while driving.

Correction
    Replace the recirculation door actuator (if necessary) and repair the HVAC case to cowl seal using the following procedures:

Place the A/C control in the manual heat mode.
    Remove the fixed mast radio antenna.
    Open the hood and install fender covers.
    Remove both wiper arm assemblies using the following procedure:
    Disconnect the washer solvent hose from the air inlet grille panel nozzle.
    Remove the cover from the wiper arm retainer. Remove the retainer.

Important
    Use a battery terminal puller in order to remove the wiper arm.

Rock the wiper arm back and forth in order to loosen the arm from the drive shaft. Remove the wiper arm.
    Lower the hood.
    Remove the air inlet grille panel using the following procedure:
    On each end of the air inlet grille panel is a rubber flap for the hood hinge cutout. Lift this flap and remove the air inlet grille panel attaching screw.
    Remove the air inlet grille panel center top push pin.
    Remove the clips that position the forward edge of the grille panel to the top of the cowl.
    Disconnect the windshield washer supply hose from the bottom of the grille panel.
    Remove the air inlet grille panel by sliding the panel rearward up the windshield and out.
    Just to the left of the right hood hinge, on the horizontal surface of the cowl, locate a cover that is sealed in place. The cover has TRW stamped into it.
    With a sharp knife, cut out the panel following the panel impression in the sealer tape.
    Place a lifting device between the cover and the dash. Lift the cover enough to allow another tool to depress and release the front retaining tabs by pushing rearward on them. Remove the cover.
    Look through the opening where you just removed the cover. You will see what looks like a piece of foam about 76 x 127 mm (3 x 5 in). This is the A/C recirculation door that is within the HVAC module.
    Reach into the opening and carefully pull on the air inlet recirculation door. If the recirculation door moves with very little effort, replace the air inlet (recirculation) door actuator (Manual systems only). For systems with the Automatic Temperature control, initialize the system using published Service procedures.
    Between the top of the HVAC air inlet module (appears as a 6 mm (1/4 inch) black strip) and the cowl sheet metal is a foam seal. This foam seal may be improperly positioned or damaged in some way (insufficient crush/sealing). This may allow outside ambient air to enter the passenger compartment incorrectly (under driving conditions). This can be corrected using the following procedure:

Important
    It is imperative that a good seal be achieved over the entire surface areas (no voids or skips), especially around the rear and sides of the HVAC case to cowl areas.

Seal the area between the cowl and HVAC case with RTV Silicone Rubber Sealant, P/N 12345739 (in Canada, use P/N 10953541).
    Using your finger, from the engine side of the cowl, ensure that the foam is stuck nicely to the HVAC module and does not have any distortions.
    From the engine side of the cowl, working through the opening in the horizontal surface of the cowl, place a shop cloth into the opening and cover the blower fan. This keeps silicone from dripping onto the motor and causing an imbalance condition.
    From the engine side of the cowl, working through the opening in the horizontal surface of the cowl, apply the RTV silicone to bridge the gap and cover the foam between the cowl sheet metal and the HVAC module case. Inspect your work with a light and a mirror. Ensure that no gaps or skips are present in the RTV seal.
    Inspect your work for potential drips, runs, etc. If no problem is seen, remove the shop cloth covering the blower motor.
    Apply a 3 mm (1/8 in) bead of weatherstrip adhesive, P/N 12345097 (in Canada, use P/N 10953479) around the opening in the horizontal surface of the cowl, where the cover fits into the cowl.
    Place the cover on the workbench, top on the surface, and apply a 3 mm (1/8 in) bead of weatherstrip adhesive on the edge of the cover.
    Place the cover into the cowl opening and snap into place.
    Apply another bead of weatherstrip adhesive around the joint between the cover and the top of the cowl. Smooth this bead into a smooth surface with a finger or tool of some kind.
    Place the leaf screen to the cowl. Attach the washer supply hose to the bottom of the air inlet grille panel. Do not place the fasteners in at this time.
    Install the radio fixed mast antenna. Tighten 1/4 turn after contact is made with the base.
    Lower but do not close the hood.
    Center the opening in the air inlet grille panel around the antenna mast and then install the air inlet grille panel retaining screws. Tighten
    Tighten the screws to 2 N·m (18 lb in).

Raise the hood.
    Reinstall the air inlet grille panel center retainer and front edge retaining clips.
    Cycle the wipers to ensure the wiper system is in the parked position.

Important
    Inspect the windshield lower edge on each side. About 51-76 mm (2-3 in) from the bottom, you will find a 13 mm (1/2 in) long black mark embedded in the glass. The black line is the position for the wiper blade to be in when the wiper system is in the parked position.

Install the wiper arm assemblies. Position the wiper blades just below the black marks in the windshield.
    Install the retaining nuts. Tighten
    Tighten the retainers to 25 N·m (18 lb ft).

Reconnect the washer hoses.
    Remove the fender covers.
    Close the hood.
    Parts Information
    Part Number Description
    12345097 (In Canada use P/N 10953479) Adhesive, Weatherstrip
    12345739 (In Canada use P/N 10953541) Sealant, RTV Silicone

Parts are currently available from GMSPO.

Warranty Information
    For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation Description Labor Time
    D2118 Seal, HVAC Module to Body 1.3 hrs
    Add Actuator, Air Inlet Door - Replace 1.0 hr
    This is a unique labor operation for use only with this bulletin. The number will not be published in the Labor Time Guide.

© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
  • gmcathygmcathy Member Posts: 1
    My husband recently bought me a 2002 Denali for Christmas (yay!). Unfortunately it has started to "lock-up" as if the gears aren't shifting properly. The dealer, who is extremely rude to me, looked at it but does not have an answer. My husband is currently out of town so I am out of answers. Can anyone help?

-Cathy.
    gmcathy: for an immediate diagnosis press your OnStar button and ask the attendant for a diagnosis of your Denali over the cell line. Next have them direct you to another nearby dealer for an immediate check of the vehicle. Could be a software issue or it could be hardware. The on-line diagnosis should be able to point you in the right direction immediately.

Good Luck!
  • sidwaysidway Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2002 Denali on order and want to install the DXL 2nd row captains chairs....will they fit properly in existing holes ?
  • andyl2andyl2 Member Posts: 84
    No. The middle row is totally different in the 2 vehicles. In addition, I bet purchasing the captains chairs would be VERY expensive.
  • lalanelalane Member Posts: 39
    andyl2 is correct. I have the DXL w/ captains chairs and my brother-in-law has the shorty. Mounting is totally different including the carpet configuration. However, I went to the Los Angeles auto show and saw it done, but it was completely custom. New mounting holes, custom carpet and after markets chairs. Money talks!!
  • sonofdrowsonofdrow Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a used 2001 Denali XL 7 days ago. We can't stay out of it. I have wanted a Navigator for the last four years, but when it came down to it the Denali was a better buy overall. We are impressed so far and will particpate in this forum. The information from scanning the forum has been great.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Congratulations on the "new" Denali, and welcome to Town Hall.

Steve
    Host
    SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards
  • 2k2denali2k2denali Member Posts: 12
    Hi All,

Does anyone have any leads on nice molded rear mud flaps for the 2002 Denali (not XL).

Damn, does this beast ever kick up the schmutz! :-)

Thanks,

Rich
    2k2denali
  • joker35joker35 Member Posts: 9
    Called husky liners @ 1 800 344 8759 ext 112. Talked to a Charmi who said they will be making mud guards for the Avalanche in a couple weeks and they should fit the Denali.

They do make mud guards for the Suburban, Tahoe and ,Yukon-XL which is part # 5722. I have no idea if this guard will fit the Denali.

www.huskyliner.com
    2k2denali: I purchased the factory flaps from the dealer and installed them on my 2001 DXL. They are molded with the GMC logo and are designed for the normal Yukon or Yukon XL. At first I didn't think they would work with the Denali because of the body cladding, however I brought them home and installed them myself.

I held them in place to see how they looked before installing. I liked how they looked and they were easy to install with three small black sheet metal screws which I installed into the plastic molding inside the wheel well. They look nice and there should be no rust since no holes were made in metal. I installed them on all 4 corners since the awd kicks alot of road debris from all 4 tires. I have had them on for 8 months without any problems.
  • joker35joker35 Member Posts: 9
    Which width did you get 11" or 9".

Did you have to remove the rear tires to install?

A local dealer said they are $17.50 per set and both rear and front are identical.
    joker35: The flaps I installed are 11 inches wide. They're identical on both ends and your price sounds about right. The front tires can be installed by turning the steering wheel. The rear flaps will require you to take off the tires.

Just a side note: When I installed the front flaps they turned out to be a bit long. You'll understand when you align the molded portion on the flap with the body cladding of the Denali. It aligns nicely but the bottom of the flap is just a tad low on the front end. In hard turns where the suspension compresses, the flap would very rarely ground out on the road. No harm, but it was annoying the couple of times it happened.

I remedied the flaps by taking them off and trimming about a 1/2" off the bottom of the flap with a dremel cutoff. Impossible to tell they were "doctored". No problem on the rears as the flaps will be much higher off the ground.

With that 1/2" trimmed it has never touched again.
  • toobigforvettetoobigforvette Member Posts: 8
    My belt was squeaking quite a bit, so I took it to the dealer. They said there was some sort of "glaze" on part of it that they couldn't get off. It took them a couple of weeks for a replacement, but it's free under warranty. I have only had the new belt for a few hundred miles and no squeak yet, but it took about 18k for the squeak to start with the first one.

jphdxl: Did you have problems with headroom in the driver's seat? I'm 6'7" and have no problems with my sunroof. On the other hand, I do have problems with fitting people in the seat directly behind me. I never took any measurements, but I swear I lost about a foot of total leg room between from and back seats when I traded in my 99 Yukon.
  • KThomp100KThomp100 Member Posts: 62
    Just wondering what color choices everybody chose and if you are happy with the quality of the paint job on your Denali's. I have a 2001 GMC C3 and it only comes in black, pewter, and green. I chose black and it is a near perfect paint job with deep gloss and panels that line up great. Just a little "orange peel" on the side but I can live with it.
  • jgmilbergjgmilberg Member Posts: 872
    If you end up with belt noise again have them check thei TSB out.

Accessory Drive Belt Whine (Reposition Power Steering Pump Pulley) #01-02-32-007

Accessory Drive Belt Whine (Reposition Power Steering Pump Pulley)

2001-02 Chevrolet and GMC C/K 1500 Series Utility Models (Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, Yukon XL, Denali, Denali XL)

Built at Janesville Assembly Plant (Plant Code J) from December, 2000 through July, 2001

Condition

Some customers may comment on a whining-type noise that is audible in the vehicle's passenger compartment. This noise can typically be heard when the vehicle is idling and may vary in pitch as engine
    RPM is increased.

Cause

The power steering (PS) pump pulley may be positioned too far inboard on the PS pump.

Correction

Inspect the PS pump pulley for proper positioning on the PS pump shaft. If it is determined that the pulley is not even/flush with the end of the shaft (+/- 0.25 mm (0.010 in) following the applicable Service Manual procedure and using J 25034-C, reposition the PS pump pulley.
  • lsgs97lsgs97 Member Posts: 6
    What should a Yukon XL Denali be trading for nowadays.. Assuming of course Sun roof and bucket seats.. I seem to be sensing about $1500 over invoice price.. Has anyone bought one recently? Thanks

Greg
  • lalanelalane Member Posts: 39
    I get this buzzing sound usually from a very slow start and applying gas . I started to hear this while driving up my parking structure (about a 15% upgrade) at work (10 MPH speed limit) and very time I come out of a turn, giving it alittle gas, I get this buzzing or vibration noise. The buzzing goes away once the load on the engine stabilizes (approx. 1/2 to 2 seconds max.) Anybody else experience this??
  • larrys7larrys7 Member Posts: 35
    I'm considering selling my 01 Yukon Denali XL. Anyone know where is best place to list on the net? email @ larrys@cdsinet.net
  • mmacfarlanemmacfarlane Member Posts: 5
    Heatwave3: Where did you get those mud flaps ?
    Dealer says GM does not make them.
    Between the lower head liner in cars/suvs with sunroofs and the higher seating position with power seats, I have trouble in most cars and suvs. I did sit in an MBS500 once that had plenty of room, and plenty of price tag too. Leg room however is ok in most vehicles. I must be disproportionately long in the torso. I had the same problem (not surprisingly) in the Tahoe, Sub, Yukon, YXL, and their Denali cousins. Every time we hit a bump my head would slam into the inside edge of the sunroof (basically my head was sticking into the roof opening, almost touching the glass). Do you sit leaning to one side to get your head into the sunroof opening when you drive?
    Sometime ago I purchased the billet emblem (I think from empire motor sports) and just got around to installing it. The red OEM badge came off pretty easily, but the black plastic background is stuck on pretty good. Do I need to remove the black piece to install the new logo? The threaded bolts that came with the billet don't seem long enough to fit the grill. What am I doing wrong?

Jason
    mmacfarlane: I bought the flaps at my GMC dealer. You can also get them at <http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/> but I think after shipping is included it will be the same or more than the cost at the dealer. Don't ask the dealer for molded flaps for the denali, just ask for the normal molded 11" flaps for a Yukon XL with the GMC logo.

jphdxl: You will need to use the black background of the original logo. There are openings in the grill that will not be fully covered by the billet logo. I think you'll find it looks good with the black plastic background, however I recall it took some "jury-rigging" to get to fasten well and tight. I'm not sure I can recall all the steps but I can assure you that you'll need the logo background. I hope this helps.

• mmacfarlanemmacfarlane Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone know how Cadillac got the
    extra horsepower/torque from their 6.0
    engine ?

Has anyone used the Poron Micro 3 Back Talk
    reverse sensing system and how is it holding
    up ?
    Thanks! I'll try again this weekend.

Jason
  • usa4evrusa4evr Member Posts: 8
    A Rhino hitch step from JC Whitney. Its on sale for 10% off. Not only will it enable you to step on it if you needed to get to the top rear of your vehicle but it will also protect your rear bumper, which is the real reason I bought it.

Comes with a storage bag when you are using your hitch for towing, an anti rattle device and a pin with a clip to hold it in place.

To prevent an easy theft of the hitch step I purchased a stainless locking pin from performance products. Comes with two keys and a cover that protects the key hole from dirt.

For 2" hitch holes.
  • jimrlvjimrlv Member Posts: 1
    mmacfarlane - I have a 2000 Yukon XL and I have the Poron Micro 3 LV, this is the digital display unit. I have had it for over a year with no problems.

I mounted the digital readout above the rear view mirror and fished the cable above the headliner all the way back to the left rear hatch post and down into the tailight housing. I put the power unit inside the small storage compartment near the hatch on the left side of the Yukon.

Poron ships fast, three day delivery.
    They probably picked up the xtra horsepower from either using longer runners on the intake manifold, or a different cam. I don't really think it makes much of a performance difference, if any.
    Larry
  • toobigforvettetoobigforvette Member Posts: 8
    I sit with the seat all the way down, back, and reclined. That affords me plenty of head room, but not as much leg room as I would like, especially for longer trips. Of course, it is a dream compared to the Volvo 240 I used to drive.

On a different note, does anybody know where all 11 of the speakers are? I can find 9, including the two tweeters up front, 1 in each of the four doors, two in the very back, and the sub.