Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• buyabuya Member Posts: 74
    Did you check where was your Volvo made? What about your Audi? At our local Audi/Volvo dealership, I heard from a mechanic that some of those cars were made in China. I haven't checked on that yet, but I'm not willing to pay $40-50K for a Chinese car yet, whatever logo it is on the car.
  • djsturndjsturn Member Posts: 3
    Hello All,
    I am buying my first new car in 12 years and really would appreciate all the help I can get. I will be buying the 2013 Acura RDX AWD/Tech package. I would like to know if anyone has purchased this car in the Tampa/Orlando area and what the price was. I hate the process of buying a new car and the BS that goes with it. I wish they would have a set price but it is what it is.

Thanks
    DJ
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    From what I can see of the 2 Orlando area dealers, neither stocks AWD
    Don't think they have that combination in my part of TX when I test drove it. mlevinedc3 said no RDX AWD Tech in 2 dealerships in your area. Maybe you can look in neighboring cities or order it instead of settling for something else.

Good Luck.
  • 4mercoachrick4mercoachrick Member Posts: 133
    I found three at 'our' dealer in Austin...heck of a drive from central FLA ;) . I would imagine AWD is a bit less popular in FLA vs other areas, but it seems the inventories are filling in after being pretty sparse for the past few weeks. IF AWD is a stumbling block, I'd ask myself if I really wanted it. We've had an AWD vehicle since '07 but haven't really needed it in all that time. I reckon it came in handy about once a year. I have no idea about your driving needs, so my apologies if AWD is a necessity for you. Heck, we have a mountain house and still never 'needed' the AWD. After 3.3 years with the Volvo XC60 AWD, I'm glad I 'saved' $1400 by going with the FWD in the RDX.(Now, watch it snow 14" in central Texas and central Florida this winter :surprise: ).
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,441
    we will in NJ, so do get some snow (some years!) and do go up to upstate NY (AKA snow country) at least once every winter, but I still would have been fine with the FWD model. But, we ended up getting AWD, because it was more available, and the offer I got was too good to pass up (as in, barely more if any than the rare FWD available).

In Fla, it seems to be real overkill, and I certainly would get FWD if that is what dealers stock. Mainly because you can usually get a much better deal on what they have a lot of!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Coach, I like the SH-AWD and that much more hp that comes with it. I haven't even tested it, but I test driven the MDX. I believe the MDX is discounted more than the TL, but MDX-ers pay more at the pump and that could add up pretty quickly. If there's one more shortage on gas or the oil/gas people needed a big bonus, I don't want to be driving an MDX waiting in line for cheap premium-gas. RDX I like too, but how do you find its handling? I'm adore the MDX and would possibly consider buying it if I could get that low D/O price someone reportedly had -- $25,400 + $1300 accessories installed free -- for a base MDX 40 miles reg., but the gas consumption...eek!

Happy for you on your new acquisition. Hope you got a good deal on it too.
  • djsturndjsturn Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for all the info/advice I really appreciate it. I live in Alaska now and will have a home in the mountains of North Carolina we will be driving to from Florida. I will reconsider the need for AWD. So has anyone bought a FWD in the Ocala/Orlando/Tampa/Jacksonville area? If so I would appreciate info on the buying experience.
    I'll get out of the way in a minute :blush: ; but I must first tell you we have a house in Highlands, NC and used to visit regularly when we lived in ATL. We would not visit during snow season and AWD wouldn't have helped when Hurricane Ivan went 'right over the house'. Brush bars and a chain saw would have been handy, however ;) . We try to make it back during August when possible.

Good luck with your search!
  • hms1hms1 Member Posts: 18
    Try Regal in Lakeland. I've been shopping around and the salesperson just
    e-mailed me that should could do invoice on a 2013 RDX if I was still interested. I haven't got back with her yet.
    I have purchased a couple Acuras from Ed Voyles in ATL and always got a better deal than in FL. I travel btw FL and NC so I don't care where I buy.

Howard
  • shane2012shane2012 Member Posts: 2
    I plan to buy a new 2012 MDX with tech pkg with an offer around $40000. Can I get a better deal than this? Thanks!
    Talk to a salesman yesterday and his price for me was still $5000 off MSRP. But things changed and I might need to use 40k++ mi a year, so MDX is not a choice for me now. Need gas sipping cars that last and not too small around big trucks.

Check a few pages back and see the low prices ppl are paying for their MDX. Internet and end of month sale prices are better. Good luck on your purchase.
  • nevadagirlnevadagirl Member Posts: 3
    Can anyone share prices paid before tax on a 2013 rdx w/o tech?
    I am looking at buying in Nevada and was quoted $34,440- before tax. Seemed a little high.
    Thanks for the help.
  • lena16lena16 Member Posts: 7
    Ask if that includes destination charge of $895 which is a hefty amount. Be specific ask for the out the door price itemized. Good luck.
  • tclstcls Member Posts: 8
    I paid $33,540 for an RDX FWD with no tech or any other packages. This price included destination charge and a cargo tray (Can buy on the Internet between $50 to $100, depending on whether it has the Acura logo) but not tax, fees, or any other misc. stuff.

This was 3 months ago in San Diego and the price was not the result of a hard bargain. Another local dealer quoted me essentially the same price in response to my Internet inquiry just a day after I bought this one.
  • pzzcatpzzcat Member Posts: 20
    I was quoted 37500 (msrp 40315)is this a good price is for a 2013 Rdx AWD with tech in NYC?
  • rtc27rtc27 Member Posts: 13
    That is a good price. I bought an AWD with Tech a few weeks ago in Westchester for 37700. I was also negoiating accessories and trade., so for me the total price was my target. If just buying the car, the lowest price I received was from Ramsey Acura in Northern NJ - $37200.

Good luck.
    tax and doc fee ,any other fee i have to pay ?thank you very much
    I paid $33,500 for an AWD non-tech at Ramsey. Only fee was a $199 doc fee, plus the standard tax and DMV fees you pay anywhere.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
  • rtc27rtc27 Member Posts: 13
    The actual quote was 36999 with a 199 doc fee which brings it to 37200. They seemed real nice to deal with, I just preferred dealing with someone closer to home and a guaranteed price for my trade.
  • nevadagirlnevadagirl Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the information, wasn't KearnyMesa was it? I am currently working with them.
    edited October 2012
    the old one $37500 i got before from LI, i got an other quoted 38660 (msrp 40315)from Manhattan and queen $38400,is this a good price is for a 2013 Rdx AWD with tech in NYC?
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    If I am looking for a base RDX, any thoughts on how difficult it will be to get my hands on one? Dealer inventory looks pretty lean - am wondering if they only get a few to get people in the door and move them up to the more expensive / profitable models. Also, have heard complaints on noise on the 4-wheel drive model and was told that for the new RDX, it no longer has the super handling AWD but rather a 4WD unit made by Ford - any truth to the noise issue and the Ford rumor?

Thanks,
    supply varies by dealer. some carry base models, some only tech. and depending on where in teh country you are, so never order FWD and others rarely order AWD.

But, if you look around your region, you should find a decent supply of non-tech models.

THe AWD is made by Honda, not Ford. It is basically the next generation of what is in the CRV. No, it is no longer the SH-AWD system.

I have a base AWD, and don't notice any noise related to having the AWD. or much noise at all, maybe the tires on certain road surfaces, but generally it is very quiet.

Actually, I am not sure if I have ever even engaged teh AWD yet. If I did, it was seamless!

edited October 2012
    Thank you for your input. My other vehicle is a Honda with AWD and it does not make any noise so perhaps the critical comments I heard were from someone who had a unique issue.

If anyone has suggestions as to Acura dealers that are good or not so good in the NJ area, any info is appreciated.
  • patm70patm70 Member Posts: 20
    You are very lucky living in NJ as some of the lowest prices paid in the USA for a 2013 RDX and posted on this forum were for vehicles purchased in New Jersey. If you go back to posts from June 2012, you will see some of the prices paid. Here is a internet quote sent to me in June after an email inquiry from Acura of Denville, NJ for a base AWD model (no tech package) which included destination:

(2013 Acura RDX): MSRP - $36,615 Your E Price - $33,685.

Good luck. It's an incredible vehicle. I replaced a 2008 Honda CRV with my 2013 RDX and am very pleased.
    Where in Jersey? I can cover you for north and South!

I also had that quote from Denville (and at one point, they offered it at $300 less, but they had very few in stock, and nothing we liked). The other place that is very aggressive with internet quotes is Ramsey, which is where we got ours. They also had a much larger supply to choose from, and seem to be trying to corner the market.

If you want south Jersey (where I live) I know the big dealers down here too.

Interesting (well, to me) story. 2 weeks ago I was going upstate NY on the thruway, and ended up in a row of 3 2013 RDXs, and all 3 of us were bought at Ramsey. Long odds on that!

Denville or Ramsey would work. I shop online and am looking for the best price from an ethical dealer - sleazy dealer is a non-starter for me. Will go to South Jersey if the price makes the trip worth my while.

Thanks for the info.
  • tclstcls Member Posts: 8
    Yes, it was Kearney Mesa Acura. The sales person agreed with my first offer so it took just 5 minutes for the whole thing. My first offer was based on a phone negotiation that led to an unfortunate drive down to the dealership further south.

Kearney Mesa Acura was relatively low key and the arrival of the car and the signing of the paperwork were smooth and fast.
    prices tended to be cheaper up north. And those would be the 2 dealers to go to. Ramsey was fine. no gimmicks, and Denville has a good reputation too. And you can work it out price wise before hand.

Thanks stick.

Has anyone ever heard of Legend Leasing out of Brooklyn? The seem to have good prices, write their leases on the manufacturers leasing paper - in this case - Honda / Acura Financial. If legit, I would think they are high volume low overhead operation. Thanks,
  • patm70patm70 Member Posts: 20
    Go to dealerrater.com. They have a 4.9 rating out of 5.0 after 98 reviews. It seems most customers are very pleased with their lease prices and service. Here's a link

http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Legend-Leasing-review-37909/

Good luck.
    awd with tech quote $37860+tax from nyc ,good price ?
  • lena16lena16 Member Posts: 7
    Any recommendations for dealerships/sales reps/managers regarding 2013's RDX, AWD w/Tech or others in Chicago area? I had nurtured a relationship with sales person and manager only to have days of wasted time...went there 4 times, many phone calls and emails only to be extremely disappointed when it came time to close the deal they refused to honor what they both had said regarding matching quotes of others. http://static.ed.edmunds-media.com/edmunds-webassets/1.34.122/img/forums/webxico- ns/emotorcons/emo_bawling.gif BBB should know about them.
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    Dealerating.com edits and censors negative reports on dealers that pay for advertising. It is not reliable.
  • sy_rdxbuyersy_rdxbuyer Member Posts: 1
    Paid $36614 + taxes + license fees in Bay Area - California
  • srizvi1srizvi1 Member Posts: 263
    edited October 2012
    Tuesday of last week (10/16) was my second visit to the Acura dealer closest to me in the Baltimore/DC area. The first visit was some weeks back where I just drove the 2013 RDX and 2012 MDX for the first time and decided the RDX was the car to go with. We didn't have any pricing discussion during that first visit.

My salesman gave me these numbers after his first and only visit to his Sales Manager. I didn't counter or anything since I wasn't buying then. I think MSRP was $40k-something or $41k-something.

2013 Acura RDX AWD Tech Package:
    $37,615
    + Tags/License Plates (a $100 to a few hundred I think, can't remember)
    + Taxes at 6%
    + Processing ($200)
    + Freight ($895?)
    = total price

Here is some TrueCar.com info for this model and trim for the DC area:
    "Configured Price: $40,315 = $39,420 (base) + $895 (Destination Fees)"
    Potential Savings: – $1,171
    Target Price: $39,144
    Factory Invoice: $38,160 = $36,965 (base) + $300 (Regional Ad Fees) + $895 (Destination Fees)
    Average paid: $39,602 = $38,407 (base) + $300 (Regional Ad Fees) + $895 (Destination Fees)

There are no manufacturer incentives or cash rebates currently being offered for the 2013 Acura RDX.
    "

So at the current price, I'm a few hundred dollars above Invoice and a grand below the average paid.

changing the zip to a Baltimore zip (21250), the only thing that changes is that "average paid" is $80ish more at $39,681 = (the base being $38,486).

Changing to the Bay area zip (94608), the target price and factory invoice price change $50 more, and the average paid goes up around $200 to $39,817.

I changed to the Bay Area because of sy_rdxbuyer's very recent post from 10/22/2012, where he says he got his (I assume 2013) "RDX FWD with Tech package" for "$36614 + taxes + license fees in Bay Area - California." That means I should be able to push $2 grand lower. I've only browsed through about the last 20 posts in here talking about pricing that was paid. I will look through further to see what else was paid before then.

Planning on going back late this week or early next week and will bring my trade-in up also (a 2008 Lexus IS 350). So that's another factor to consider.
    Sorry if this is a dumb question but the price you gave was for a 2013 RDX correct? brand new? You're almost 2 grand under invoice and $3 grand below what the average paid in your area is according to truecar.com ( http://www.truecar.com/prices-new/acura/rdx-pricing/2013/55823866/ ) so thats' why I just wanted to put a post in double checking.
    It doesn't look clear as to the trim level being discussed. One price shows AWD w/tech, the other FWD w/tech. The ~$1400 for AWD could be the difference in the strange numbers. Also not clear on the ~$900 dest. charge.

No need to discuss taxes and title, as these vary from state to state. The number to compare for like models/trims is sales price including destination fee. THEN you adjust for your taxes and fees.
    Car Man,

Have begun the shopping process for the RDX.

Have gotten several dealers quoting me $460 + tax for a sign and drive 3 yr 10k lease on the base model which I am not willing to spend as this car does not warrant this kind of price. This "deal" BTW is posted on Acura's corporate web site.

Typically, would I get a better price (or in my case, lower monthly lease payment) on something like an RDX in the spring even if I am trying to get a front wheel drive model - I am in an area that gets snow and I am thinking that dealers are trying to get max $$ with winter coming.

I can wait until spring if need be - getting the car now is a want, not a need. Thanks again for any input.
  • danblakedanblake Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    In process of purchasing 2013 RDX without tech. Has anyone had favorable experience with any CT dealerships especially in regards to pricing?
    edited October 2012
    Ah, I didn't catch that his was the FWD. I'm interested in the AWD one so I can't really take his price that he's shared into consideration. I need to find out what more people w/ the 2013 RDX AWD/Tech have paid/are looking to pay.

I'm also really curious to see what the "Amazing, You gotta buy it at that price is" because I'm not in a rush to buy and have the freedom to walk. I'd actually prefer to walk so that I can see what happens in Nov, maybe Dec with any further dealer incentives I can tap into (as of right now there are none - at least in my area).

Is it safe to say that a price of $35k w/ Destination included would be an amazing deal? I think right now I'm seeing prices in $37k-$38k range w/ destination included. Would this be price I try to fight for at the dealership without seeming unreasonable to see if it can be done?

And yes, in my research, I'm' only concerned with the price of Base + Destination charge. The Tax, Tags/License, and Dealer Processing Vary by state.
    (sorry for the O/T post)

The salesperson had told me that the new RDX runs on Regular but I was looking to the brochure and I thought it said something about Premium/91 Octane Minimum. I really like the Car's zippiness and don't want to sacrifice that w/ a cheaper gas if that's the case.
    Sorry disregard my comments within my earlier post (the one I am replying to) regarding sy_rdxbuyer's RDX's price. His is the FWD and I'm looking at the AWD.

I wish Edmunds would let us edit posts after 30 minutes. I don't know why they restrict that.
    Hey I'm in MD too. And it looks like we're looking at the same trim for our 2013 RDX - the AWD w/ Tech. In particular I'm looking at the light silver exterior ebony interior (seems the best color combo to go with if you know the car won't be cleaned as much as it should).

Scroll up a few posts to see where I am with pricing. And Drop me an e-mail. Same as my username but at gmail.
    Interesting...I'm sure there will be incentives as the model year 'actually' gets here; but paying out 47% of sticker on a brand new model over three years doesn't seem out of line. Volvo wanted similar numbers on the 2012 XC60 models WITH about 4 grand out of pocket to start. :surprise:
    I'm not surprised the dealers didn't have a better offer on the table. "Our" local dealer has just finally gotten inventory up to the point that there is some selection. They were selling 7 out of each 10 vehicles delivered in August/Sept before they hit the ground.

Perhaps, there will be some deals around the holidays; but you don't want to go ALL winter without a new ride, do you? ;)
    Carman,

A bit delayed in my pursuit for an RDX due to both the storm and the initial pricing I got from dealers which was unacceptable.

Can you tell me typically what time of the year one would typically get the best price on a car - in my case, a lease? Someone told me Dec 31 is the best day as a dealer may sell well below cost to hit volume goals and collect 6 figure incentive checks from the manufacturer.

If not Dec 31, other times of the year where pricing is typically better?

Thanks,
  • scott012scott012 Member Posts: 5
    I was quoted 36,500....internet price and spoke to sales manager in the boston area. This is nontech package. Is this a good price? he states it was below invoice....I never know what to believe. According to consumer reports this is a good deal...agree????
    Dang, the Acura site lists the AWD non Tech @ 36,600 INCLUDING destination. Somebody's got the numbers mixed up somewhere!

Edmund's shows the same: Base AWD 35,7xx plus destination for the above price MSRP :surprise:

Surely the salesman is talking about a different trim level or some MIGHTY serious options ;)