Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jadrie2jadrie2 Member Posts: 2
    I paid 37,700 OTD for 2014 RDX with Tech pkg. in Atl., GA
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    Thanks but OTD means nothing when we don't know what taxes fees and licensing costs are. 37,700 tells us nothing
  • stobiegastobiega Member Posts: 2
    Jadrie2 - I am looking to buy an RDX FWD with Tech in Atlanta. Do you know your price before tax, tag, title? Which dealership? Thanks.
  • bybchuckybybchucky Member Posts: 2
    Thank you to everyone on the forum for posting prices. It gave me great leverage when it came to pricing things out at the dealer and making sure my purchase price was fair.

My OTD was $39300, including a 6% MD tax, $190 title/tags fee, $195 dealer fee, and $100 all weather mats.

My dealer was Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg, MD, and my sales person was Kenneth Chang.

Thank you.

For all those interested, I also purchased a 2013 ILX Tech the same day for an OTD of $29100, with the same tax rate and fees and mat prices above.
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    Have purchased two new vehicles at Rosenthal. With research a good deal is certainly attainable. One observation, for both purchases Rosenthal reduced the agreed upon price to compensate for the dealer documentation charge. Clearly they were not going to let a deal walk for a $195 bogus charge.
  • ericleeericlee Member Posts: 1
    First of all, I want to thank this forum for giving me confidence to make a deal. Without the info I got from here, i wouldnt even know where to start. I just made the purchase for 2014 AWD RDX with technology package, window tint, all weather floor mat, cargo cover, cargo trey. 6.25% state tax. After all said and done final price is 40k OTD. It may not be the best deal but I am very happy with it.

On a side note, instead of 1.9% 60 months promotional interest, I was also able to negotiate it down to 1.69%. Not a significant discount but a nice surprise. Best luck to those who are currently looking.
  • cheepa26cheepa26 Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

Over the Laborday weekend bought an Acura RDX Awd with tech (Kona Coffee) from Pleasanton Acura. The vehicle price was 36,690 and the dealer threw in a few oil changes. Got a costco quote and the dealer matched it. Landed the 0.9% APR for 36 months.

Good luck to other buyers
  • muljmulj Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Is that price, $36,690 the base price or out the door price? What are the fees you paid ? Thanks!
  • patm70patm70 Member Posts: 20
    mulj, If cheepa26 was able to buy a 2014 RDX AWD with Tech for $36,690 out the door with destination, fees, taxes (9%-$2700-3000.), etc., I will eat my hat!!! The MSRP with $895. destination is $40,515. To pay $36,690 out the door would mean the purchase price was $33, 600. for a 2014 AWD with Tech. Around seven thousand below sticker for a 2014 RDX. I don't think so!!
  • dcareadcarea Member Posts: 3
    I previously used this thread to search for a good price. I really couldn't find a solid number for the non-tech RDX with or without AWD. So, I did my own negotiating in the D.C. area.

I went to 3 places. First place claimed it was impossible to sell below invoice. Hogwash. I left.

Second place said they don't need to sell it for much less than invoice. Leaving was another easy decision.

Third place I ended up buying a 14 RDX FWD w/o tech for $31365 including destination ($33325 is invoice, $35.4K MSRP). I financed at 1.9% for 60 months. The price is before tax, tags, and dealer processing fee. Yeah, it's the base model, but I think I squeezed quite a bit out of them.

Just my opinions (take them or leave them): AWD didn't matter to me, I could have purchased one with AWD and just pay the $1400 difference (but they didn't have the right color) - the $$ spent on the AWD will be recouped with its resale value. The tech isn't worth the price (almost $4K). I had a TL and I actually bought the tech, because IMHO it was worth it on the TL... however, the RDX already comes standard with backup camera, Bluetooth, pushbutton start, good sound system. I just couldn't justify throwing a few grand at a sub-par (it honestly is) navigation system (w/ subscription based features I didn't use in the TL), slightly better sound system, foglamps, etc.
  • thecloser119thecloser119 Member Posts: 1
    DCarea- Would you mind letting me know what dealerships you visited and who ended up getting you that deal? i am getting ready to start shopping around for that same model in DC and the numbers look great.

Thanks!
    Don't bother with Tischer or Criswell in MD. The dealership I bought from was in Northern Virginia. The thrill is in the hunt and while I'm willing to help you, I'm not going to give the keys to the kingdom. If I personally knew you, this obviously wouldn't be an issue.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    "while I'm willing to help you,"

???? It's customary on these forums to provide the dealership name where a good deal was made. It's still up to the other person to make their deal. Just sayin.
    Take a walk if you're not will to assist others in this forum.
  • karhill1karhill1 Member Posts: 165
    Since 2011, I have purchased three Acura vehicles in the DC area. I found Rosenthal, Norris, Pohanka, and Radley offer the best purchase experience. During my purchases those dealers were consistent in offering the lowest prices in the area.

I purchased from Norris and Rosenthal due to the lower doc fees in Maryland compared to Virginia. However, the doc fees were considered in the price I paid. They were not added after the price was negotiated.

During each purchase, I contacted Tischer, Criswell, and Chevy Chase Acura. IMHO, none of those dealers seemed to offer a favorable purchase environment.

For example, Criswell provided a price in response to my email inquiry. That price was considerable higher than price quotes from the four dealers noted above. Of course I advised the sales folks at Criswell of those prices. The Criswell folks never bothered to respond. One reason why I purchased three vehicles elsewhere.
    edited September 2013
    mlevinedc3, and you are? I posted the price paid and the area. That's a lot more than posting sarcastic responses to others' posts. Stop threadcrapping.

karhill's experiences are similar to my own. I bought from Radley.
  • cheepa26cheepa26 Member Posts: 6
    The vehicle price was 36690 and the fees were 367 ( License fee) and tax was 3297.69. There were no other fees. The total price was 40354.69.

Hope this helps.
  • row2row2 Member Posts: 3
    I am getting this vehicle for 39546 OTD which would include :

Cost of car 36200
    Tax 2534( NJ)
    Fees 414

Is this a good deal? Please let me know

Also for a lease I have the following deal

Cash 4000
    36 mths 428.65 including taxes(10000 miles)
    residual 23469
    Selling price of car 36200
    MF 0.0017

Let me know if this is a good deal.

Am new to this forum , thanks in advance.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,515
    Where in Jersey?

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• row2row2 Member Posts: 3
    Springfield Acura
    I bought mine last year at Ramsey, so in the same area. Ramsey is aggressive on price too.

{dcarea}"The thrill is in the hunt and while I'm willing to help you, I'm not going to give the keys to the kingdom. If I personally knew you, this obviously wouldn't be an issue."

Anyone who would say this in this forum is a cretin, and you may tale that as an ad hom.
  • rafal72rafal72 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the process to get the quotes for 14k AWD w/o Tech package and I need advice how to handle accessories. I am shooting for roof rail + crossbar, along with fog light, all season floor matts and cargo cover+net. Would it be better for me to disclose these upfront or should I wait to the very last minute and request these to be thrown in with heavy discount. I would like to hear how you handle such situations. Thx in advance
  • fondofcarsfondofcars Member Posts: 6
    What are the various fees/items the final invoice will have and how much should they approximately total up to? Sales tax is 8.75% in my county. I know there will be California vehicle registration fees, Anything else?
  • dennism5dennism5 Member Posts: 9
    Hi guys,

I am in the market to buy a new car. Currently, I have narrowed it down to two cars:
    1. 2014 Acura RDX AWD W/Tech (MSRP $40515)
    2. 2013 Lexus RX 350 AWD with these packages: Lexus Display/Audio, Comfort package, Premium package W/Blind Spot plus some minor accessories. (MSRP $48000)

There is about a $7.5K price difference between the two cars but I want to see how much of a discount I can get for each car to see if the price difference goes down.

I am from the Chicagoland area (7% tax). What is a good deal for these cars? I would appreciate any help in this matter.

Thx!
  • newronewro Member Posts: 21
    Have a 2013 RDX no tech package, app. 6k miles. Notice that when at highway speed, 65mph plus there is a high pitched whine coming from the front. If you let off the gas, it gets lower. Not sure if its the tires on different road surfaces, the plastic where fog lights would go or what. Anyone have a similar experience? Thanks
    Did you happen to notice that this is the Prices Paid and not a tech forum?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789
    You might get a response from a current owner if you try the general RDX discussion, here:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f25509f/284#MSG284

Good luck!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• newronewro Member Posts: 21
    OK, Melvin, thanks, BTW, its ok with me if at any time you feel like it, you lose the attitude.
    Hi,

I have been shopping around for the 2014 RDX AWD with Tech package in the Chicagoland area and the best quote I have gotten from dealers is $41000 OTD (includes everything and 7% tax). I think if I go to a dealership, I can get that price down a little more to around $40600-700. Is that a good deal? Or just average?

I have seen people here getting deals for around 39500 OTD with comparable tax rate but is that the norm or are those exceptionally great deals?

I am not in a hurry to purchase the vehicle (can wait till the end of the month). Would I get a better deal then? How should I approach dealers during the end of the month? Currently, a few dealers refused to provide me with an OTD price unless I come to the dealership and a couple only offered to beat the discount on the best written deal I had by another 10%

Any help would be appreciated.
  • douflagdouflag Member Posts: 3
    Have you had any luck?
    Well...in my previous post, I had metioned that I was trying to decide between the RDX and the Lexus Rx 350. I decided to splurge and pick the Lexus.

I got a 2013 Lexus RX 350 for 49K OTD (includes 7% tax and all other fees). This is for a model with a sticker price of $51060.

Good luck in your search if you are looking for the RDX.
    Sounds great. What was the price of the vehicle itself minus taxes and fees? Also, what options are there?
    47000 not including the 1750 finance cash back.

Options include comfort package, nav, premium with blind spot, Park assist, 19 inch wheels, preferred accessory package, cross bars, leather trimmed steering wheel, towing prep and door edge guards.

Got the 1.9% for 60 months as well.
    edited September 2013
    Congratulations! Good work in negotiating. If you don't mind answering, which city (or state) are you located in? Enjoy your vehicle - good choice.
    Schaumburg, IL. I actually got a couple of dealers to offer the same deal and picked the one who offered it first. I couldn't be happier with my choice.
  • ap77ap77 Member Posts: 6
    In the market for a 2014 base model RDX and want to have fog lamps installed. Any advice on when to get installed? As in, before the purchase or after? Should I make the purchase first and then the dealer installs it or should I have them install it first and then sign the paperwork?

Any experiences on how to handle this?

Thanks!
    you can negotiate them into the deal, and likely save some money on it.

plus, if they do it then, pretty sure it gets covered by the BTB warranty. If you do it afterwards, you don't get that. Not that it is likely to matter.

so, just do the deal, and if that is part of it, have them put on before you sign the final papers and take delivery.

• vensaivensai Member Posts: 6
    Looking for an 2014 Base RDX FWD . Best offer OTD 36,600 till now in Houston area.
    Typo error. Looking for an 2014 Base RDX FWD . Best offer OTD 35,600 till now in Houston area. nay one got better offer.
  • suv800suv800 Member Posts: 41
    I'm getting a quote for the 2014 RDX AWD (w/o tech) otd includes the nyc 8.875% sales tax $36900.18, dealership in woodside new york.
    I think yours is better than mine for AWD and NYC OTD 36,900. Till now i got for houston FWD/2014 OTD with 6.25% is 35,400
  • jason138jason138 Member Posts: 1
    hi, i got a quote for 2014RDX AWD (no technology package ), $33500 before ttl.
    with 8% tax rate, OTD is $36484. Do you think if this quote has negotiable room?

thanks,
  • ap77ap77 Member Posts: 6
    Hey, buying a 2014 RDX FWD base model with fog lamps installed. Best I've got so far is around $32,700 base price including fog lamps installed. Is that a good price?

Thanks!
  • mm1984mm1984 Member Posts: 5
    I got offered 37.1k plus $400 fee (registration/documentation). 6.25% MA tax on top -> less than 40k OTD
  • carbuyer209carbuyer209 Member Posts: 26
    Hi. That comes to under $33,900 before tax, if I calculate correctly. Can I ask how you received your quote (in person, email, etc.)? I am in the NY metro area and have not yet begun to speak to dealers about pricing, but have preliminarily been seeing things above $35k in my area (truecar, etc.).
    Thanks.
  • mm1984mm1984 Member Posts: 5
    The best way is to tell people, I am buying this car right now if you get me this price. Put the price a little lower than you want so they can say a little more.
  • bigrinbigrin Member Posts: 18
    This is what worked for me. I decided on the RDX, color and equipment I wanted. Checked local dealer's inventory (they had two of them). And checked on-line other dealers in area. Waited until 29th of month... then faxed sales general managers of all three dealerships that I would buy today, at this price if they had the vehicle. (knew they did). I just figured invoice price + incentives, added $300 profit; and sent off the faxes. Got two responses right away; one from local dealer. They tried the old (well come on in) trick. Told them I'd only come down if they could meet my price. They did, went in and completed the paperwork. Bought from local dealer where I live closest. The trick is waiting til the end of month. That is when they all want to beef up their numbers. Good Luck.
    So what did you get and for what pricing?
  • prashantkprashantk Member Posts: 8
    Has anyone been getting good deals? I have been looking for a 2014 RDX AWD w Tech package and the lowest I seem to be getting is around 39K + TTL. This is in Seattle. I have shown the better prices quoted here but the dealers are not biting at 37K +TYL which is what I am quoting. Thanks