Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1383940414244»

Comments

• alexdellalexdell Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking for a '14 RDX AWD w/ Tech package in the NJ/NY area. Just wondering if anyone have gotten this for around $37k before TTL. If so, can you please let me know which dealer & sales person you used? I got a quote from DCH Montclair using the Costco Auto Buying Program and they quoted me with invoice price (around $38k). I also checked True Car, Consumer Reports program & the Amex program. They all have quotes slightly above the invoice price.
    I heard back from DCH to get the breakdown of the Costco Pricing and the details of the quote that they gave me is as follows:

$37,246 = 2014 RDX AWD w/ Tech Package
    +$359 = Doc Fee
    +$250 ~ approx. for NY Plates & 2 yr. registration
    ---------
    $37,855
    +3,360 = NYC sales tax (8.875%)
    ---------
    41,215 = OTD price

I ask for a reduction on the doc fee of $359 but he wouldn't budge.
    Is this reasonable?
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,437
    I got a really good deal a year ago at Ramsey. They are aggressive on price, and tend to have a large supply.

Denville was very nice, and have a good internet person. Not as big, but strong pricing.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Thanks stickguy for the suggestions. Can I get the name of the sales person at Ramsey that you dealt with?
    I forget his name. I was not local, and did all the deal with the internet guy, and they just had some salesguy do the paperwork when we got there.

• eagles515eagles515 Member Posts: 2
    I'm in the market for the 2014 RDX AWD w/ Tech and found some leftover 2013 RDX's in stock around the New Jersey / New York area. Truecar prices for the 2014 is around $38,100 and I have even seen as low as $37,500. Since its the end of the year, I assume that the dealers would agree to sell the 2013's for way lower than the 2014 but I just dont know where to start....

I ultimately would like to pay $37,000 - $38,000 OTD for the 2013 but wasn't sure if thats possible...

Your advice would be much appreciated!
    well, if they have what you want, and you are willing to do it face to face, walk in and hand them your OTD offer. If they balk, say thanks and head for the door. if you make it outside, it was too low.

• srizvi1srizvi1 Member Posts: 263
    Are those leftover 2013 Acura RDX AWD Tech brand new with just a few miles? Or do they have a lot of miles on it or were Demos or something?

If they were brand new, I would definitely try to get that because I think there is no difference between the 2013 and the 2014. Maybe I would offer $32,000 for it?

We were just at the Acura Dealer last night. We're in a weird situation right now where in order to clear borrowing capability for a family member's ability to buy a house we may have to do a transfer - but a transfer isn't easy so may just look at getting another car and trading in current 2013 AWD RDX Tech (We bought it a year ago, you can go through my posts here: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef17997!vfullpage=1 - I detail a full pricing breakdown for everyone ) . For this year, they'd give me pretty much the same price of $37,500 before all the fees start being put on. So a one year older model which has lost some value just being a previous model year needs to have that reflected in its price.

Hell we'd try to go for those 2013s if they could give us a good enough price but since we're a bit of a complicated situation, we need to work closely with our dealer we already bought from last year.

Will update you guys if we end up getting a 2014 RDX.

(FYI for anyone interested, approx 1 year after purchasing our 2013 RDX AWD Tech new from Acura w/ approx 17k miles and minor ding on the back rear pane, a couple deep scratches on the rear bumper and right side mirror, CARMAX offered $31k for the car. I thought that was pretty decent value retention.)
  • allrdy2goallrdy2go Member Posts: 3
    I need a little help with my new lease. I currently have a TL with under 16k miles and I am looking to get into an RDX w/tech. I visited 2 dealers over the weekend and here is the best deal that they could come up with:
    MSRP $39,115.00
    Selling Price $37,149.81
    Residual $22,686.70
    MF .00160
    $2750.68 due at signing (1st, acq fee, taxes)
    39 months/10K year
    $458.41 mo.
  • eagles515eagles515 Member Posts: 2
    The website has them as new without any mileage... Exactly, if the average price for the 2014 is currently 37,000 before TTL, then 32 to 34 doesn't seem unreasonable I guess... I offered 37 OTD at Acura in queens and they balked at my offer...

Anyway Good luck with your transfer and Hope everything works out!

Heck if you want to go buy these together so we can get a better deal, message me lol.
  • ceijiceiji Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote for $34K + TTL for 2014 RDX AWD in Michigan. Do you think it could go down?

I also noticed a new 2013 RDX AWD in another dealer inventory. Can someone please advice what a good price on the 2013 would be? I need a reference to base my negotiation on.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks.
  • srizvi1srizvi1 Member Posts: 263
    I gave you guys a heads up this might happen. It ended up working out tonight. Just left Tischer Acura with a new 2014 Acura RDX AWD Tech in Silver Moon Ebony. In late November of 2012, I had left the same dealership and same sales person with a 2013 new Acura RDX 2014 in Silver Moon Ebony.

Here are my final numbers:

Selling Price $37,500
    Dealer Processing Charge = $200
    Dealer installed items and charges $0
    Electronic Title and Registration $20
    Total Purchase Price $37,720
    Tire Recycling Fee $4
    Extended Service Contract $0
    Title Tax $402 (this is so low because they gave me $31k for my 2013 RDX AWD Tech)
    Lien Filing Fee $20
    Transfer Fee $0
    Registration Fee $200
    Total Cash Delivered Price $38,848.00
    MSRP = $39,620 + $895 = $40,515

For reference, here is a link to a breakdown of what I paid last November 2012 for the 2013 RDX: http://townhall.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0e58ab.f0e58a8/1565#MSG1565
  • 0langjai00langjai0 Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote while back for a 2013 acura rdx base awd OTD for $36,500 with 8% NY tax rates, but waited, and looking forward to purchasing one this year instead, preferably in december
  • ryecarryecar Member Posts: 1
    Try Portland. i got a few offers right around the 37k mark for a 2014 rdx w/tech. Dealers in portland, or seem far more willing to deal than Seattle.
  • bowlophobowlopho Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    i got a quote for a RDX FWD w/tech package in Southern California
    $35,415 + tax and fees.

7.75% tax rate and like $445.75 in fees
    comes out to around $38.6k

my first quote was $36785+ tax and fees and I ended at $35,415 + tax and fees. It's been hard to get the 4 dealers in my area to drop even lower.
  • cakes99cakes99 Member Posts: 27
    I am looking at a 2014 RDX and the salesman is telling me that I can run my RDX on regular fuel, and that the premium is only "recommended" not required. He said to run a tank of premium every so often for a clean out. Is this really the case? I have a 2011 MDX and when I have run regular fuel in it the knocking is outrageous, the last time I ran regular it was so bad I had to put some fuel cleaner into my tank to get things back to normal. Has something changed with the 2014 RDX that will allow me to run on regular fuel and still enjoy driving it?
  • bowlophobowlopho Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    they changed their engine in the 2013 RDX. I just got the 2014 RDX and haven't tried running regular gas yet. My sales person also told me that it can run on regular. it's only a $3-$4 different for a full gallon of gas, i am not sure if I want to take the risk.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    I would never depend on the word of a salesperson as to the fuel needs of your vehicle.

What does your manual say?

Most cars that require or recommend premium have a label inside the fuel filler door.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

manual says premium recommended, RUG minimum acceptable.

I have starting running some tanks of regular in mine, and have not noticed 1 iota of difference. MPG as good or better, performance fine (hey, if they took away a few HP, still has 50+ overkill!). And have never heard a knock or ping (if I did, would never do it again).

• billdozerbilldozer Member Posts: 1
    What was the MSRP on the car and what other options did you get and what did you pay for those other options?

Do you have any idea on how much discount to ask for on extras? For example to get the wood-looking steering wheel the let price is $550.
  • shchop86shchop86 Member Posts: 1
    Got the following quote for 2014 RDX AWD w/o tech package after visiting a lot of dealers around NYC/NJ

Base price: $34500 (includes fog lamps and all weather mats)
    Doc fee: $350
    Tax and title cost: $2800
    Total OTD: $37600

Is this a good deal. Please provide guidance.

Thanks
  • fingfangfoomfingfangfoom Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm looking for that model in the ny/nj area as well. Which dealership did you get the quote from? I just started getting quotes and so far all have been above your base not including options.
  • tonyq1tonyq1 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased 2014 RDX/AWD tech package with all weather floor mats F&R. cargo tray, mud guards,wheel locks,door edge film ,installed by dealer for $38,800 + tax. I'm in Seattle area, took 10 mins we agreed on price.. out the door in less than 1 1/2 hrs... I was happy with the price...
  • navin1navin1 Member Posts: 6
    I am in Austin, TX and looking to buy Acura RDX base FWD before year end.

Anyone purchase a 2014 FWD Base RDX in Austin/DFW/Houston area? What price did you pay and what dealer? Thank you.
  • acurafirstacurafirst Member Posts: 2
    Got a quote for 2014 RDX AWD (no tech) for $34750 + TTL in Midwest. Chicago dealers are $500 cheaper. Any help, what would be good price.
  • familyguy1familyguy1 Member Posts: 7

Price paid for 2014 RDX AWD w/Tech, White Diamond Pearl, ODO 5 miles, Cincinnati: $39,090. (Price includes destination fee; excludes tax, title and license.)

• acurafirstacurafirst Member Posts: 2
    Thanks familyguy1. May I ask when did you buy it?
  • taryntinotaryntino Member Posts: 5

Price paid 12/15 for 2014 RDX FWD with tech, red basque, ODO 6 miles, San Diego: $35,800. (Price includes destination fee; excludes TTL)

• sunny9999sunny9999 Member Posts: 1

In market for RDX and so far the quotes were...
    RDX AWD no-tech : 33999 (Includes destination excludes tax and ttl)
    RDX AWD with tech: 37400

Searching around Philly and NJ area... is this a good quote?

• supertoufusupertoufu Member Posts: 1

Just purchased a new 2014 RDX base model FWD, OTD $34295, I am at Dallas, tax is 6.5%. I think it is good deal, how do you guys think?

• NavinNavin Member Posts: 7

Supertoufu,
    I am interested in purchasing base FWD Base RDX also. I think this is good price. Please provide dealers name & sales person name. I am in Austin, TX. My email address is nm_desai@hotmail.com. May be we can buy two & offer $34K OTD. Thank you,

• sazimsazim Member Posts: 2

This is the exact car i'm looking for. I'm also in NJ. Can you point me in the direction of the dealers who gave you these quotes?? I was offered a demo, with 3500 miles, for $37,800.

@shchop86 said:
    Got the following quote for 2014 RDX AWD w/o tech package after visiting a lot of dealers around NYC/NJ

Base price: $34500 (includes fog lamps and all weather mats)
    Doc fee: $350
    Tax and title cost: $2800
    Total OTD: $37600

Is this a good deal. Please provide guidance.

Thanks

• tcb121tcb121 Member Posts: 3

Got a price match from Tischer Acura in Laurel MD for the Base RDX - AWD Basque Red Perl for $32,240 + Tax, Tag, Title.... OTD cost is just under $36,000. Norris Acura West in Ellicott City gave me the offer via internet sales, but Tischer is the nearest dealership to where I live and work so I decided to see if they would match the offer. They did not have a Base AWD RDX in their inventory but decided to match the offer and obtain the car for me from another dealer. They attempted to sell me on a Basque Red with Tech package for 36,900 which I almost took, but don't need the navi or other features that came with the tech package.

• viveksviveks Member Posts: 17

Is this for base AWD or FWD?

If it is for AWD, then its an awesome price.

@tcb121 said:
    Got a price match from Tischer Acura in Laurel MD for the Base RDX - AWD Basque Red Perl for $32,240 + Tax, Tag, Title.... OTD cost is just under $36,000. Norris Acura West in Ellicott City gave me the offer via internet sales, but Tischer is the nearest dealership to where I live and work so I decided to see if they would match the offer. They did not have a Base AWD RDX in their inventory but decided to match the offer and obtain the car for me from another dealer. They attempted to sell me on a Basque Red with Tech package for 36,900 which I almost took, but don't need the navi or other features that came with the tech package.

• tcb121tcb121 Member Posts: 3

Yes this is for the Base AWD model. I'm very please with the price that I got. For some reason I think the dealers are trying to move inventory on this model so I was able to secure a nice discount. When calling around looking for a Base AWD I was told by multiple dealers that they do not carry many units of this style. Most of the Acura dealers told me they sale way more RDX with Tech packages then they do anything else. I may be alone in this, but have owned several cars with navi systems and without fail they all break down at some point and become outdated rather quickly. I'll stick to google maps on my smartphone over the built in navi from now on. Wish I could have got the ELS sound system though, but very happy with the car overall.

• Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167

I recently posted a price I was offered for a 2014 RDX w/tech. I was going to post a follow-up on the deceptive dealer low ball pricing. Was my post deleted? If so WHY?

• aklohia79aklohia79 Member Posts: 1
    Supertoufu, Navin, I am also in Dallas area looking for base FWD Acura RDX. $34K OTD is really good. Can you please send the info for dealer at aklohia79@yahoo.com