Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Azera 2007

patpat Member Posts: 10,421
What have you heard about the 2007 Azera?

Comments

• joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    The 2007 Azera will be a carried over, for the most part - this is normal for a second year vehicle model. Most new model year occur in the fall, and that's where you would hear most of the 07 models (of course you are allowed to introduce 07 models as early as Jan 06 - ex. Tahoe)
  • ricwhitericwhite Member Posts: 292

The 2007 Azera will be a carried over, for the most part

-----

Yes, I see many places that list 2006-07 Azera. So, I can believe it is a carryover with some tweaks. I'm hoping they get the seat tracking fixed for better frontal crash results and maybe a navigation system and bluetooth. Nothing major, I would believe.
  • deeperbluedeeperblue Member Posts: 11
    Been around in this board for 6+ months, finally went & bought an Azera.
    When I was at the dealership, saw brochures of 2007 Azeras. I looked throught it and found the only differences were the up-coming ultimate will have turning signals in the side mirrors, making it more up-scale look. Other than that, the new azeras will be basically a carry-over, at least in the brochures. And the sales have no ideals when they are coming(yup of course). I think it may come soon, coz there have been no 06 azera brochures for weeks and I think Hyundai stop making them for 06 models and make brochures only for 07 model.
    My buying experiences will be posted in the buying board.
  • ratledgeratledge Member Posts: 233
    One other thing that will be on 2007 models: Tire Pressure Monitoring System. I noticed that it is already shown on the '07 Santa Fe, and to the best of my memory it is required on all cars sold in the US starting with the '07 model year...

Now - let's see - blinkers in the side mirrors, TPMS - anyone else have anything they know will be on the '07 Azera?
  • ranger2001xltranger2001xlt Member Posts: 85
    Hyundai announced a 2007 model today called the Veracruz. It is a crossover with the same 3.8 liter engine which the Azera has. But get this, it has a 6 speed transmission. Anybody heard about the 2007 Azeras coming with this transmission?
    Haven't seen anything specific, but certainly wouldn't suprise anyone because it would help a little with the gas mileage... ;)
    2007 Azeras would most likely be carried over, although with some minor adjustments. It is rare for automakers to revise entering the 2nd year of production but has been done before so never say never :)
    It'll be a 5-speed, per their 2007 brochure
    Where did you get a 2007 brochure, Joe? Even on their web-site, I don't find anything in reference to the
    "next year" model yet... :confuse:
    The hard copy at deals'. There should be tons of them.
  • vjk6666vjk6666 Member Posts: 29
    The 2007 Azera is unchanged with the exception of the following... Turn signals added to the mirrors as part of the ultimate package... the audio controls on the steering wheel upgraded so you can change stations .. tracks etc and the trip computer no longer has the orange tint otherwise it is identical to the 06..
    Has anyone found a headlight harness to use with 100 watt low beam bulbs without having to cut the existing harness.. Please advise source if you have...
    Do you live in the US? If so, 100 watt bulbs in low beams (or high beams for that matter) are illegal. They are approved for off-road use only, and not USDOT approved for street use.

Max is 65 watts for both... :confuse:
  • mbhollambholla Member Posts: 37
    The 2007 Azera is unchanged with the exception of the following... Turn signals added to the mirrors as part of the ultimate package... the audio controls on the steering wheel upgraded so you can change stations .. tracks etc and the trip computer no longer has the orange tint otherwise it is identical to the 06..

Where did you get this info from? Do you know what color the trip comp. will be in the '07??
  • floridabob1floridabob1 Member Posts: 1,190
    My local dealership has 2007 brochure, confirming above mentioned changes.
    No changes to powertrain or suspension
  • subarufan1subarufan1 Member Posts: 85
    people keep saying that hyundai is going to bring navigation to some of the models soon but does anyone know when or if its coming to the azeera
  • ray_h1ray_h1 Member Posts: 1,134
    That navigation will come to the Azera and Sonata is a dead certainty. The exact timing will require a crystal ball, but the short answer is that you'll see it when you see it. I remember the notion being discussed excitedly ad nausem two-plus years ago when all the armchair experts on this site were prognosticating about the then upcoming 2006 Sonata. It was considered a virtual certainty that U.S. buyers would be treated to navigation systems at the introduction of the upcoming new Sonata with a thousand and one reasons why Hyundai couldn't possibly be so shortsighted as to allow this plumb to continue to remain in the exclusive domain of Japanese, European, and domestic makes. Guess what.
  • subarufan1subarufan1 Member Posts: 85
    well put, thank you
    Yeah, well said.

Nav units have been available in the domestic (Korean) market for years now (and for most of the lineup). Given the 07 Azera (NA) would be carried over (for the most part), there will not be NAV option available...yet (vehicles entering their 2nd year are generally carried over anyway).

If you really can't wait, there are aftermarket options available, and dealer-option (inquire with your local Hyudai dealers).

When both the Sonata and the Azera receive its facelift (Sonata first, then Azera), I will take a stab here and say NAV will be included as factory options...to be continued...
  • bowgarbowgar Member Posts: 2
    I have had the nav system as a major criteria for a new car. But recently bought a $388 Lowrance portable that works like a charm. You can bring it inside to program it, and it allows the sweet lady given directions to play through the FM radio. Also, I use it in both cars. So -- took it off of my must list, which makes the Azeri just right!
    Korean model (new updates):

• jveneziajvenezia Member Posts: 85
    ...which makes the Azeri just right!

Azeri is plural for Azera, right?

Here's a little imagery...The horde of Azeri rode over the hill and decimated their Japanese rivals.

Sweet! :D
  • baccalabaccala Member Posts: 1
    I do believe that the Tire Pressure Monitoring Systen is required on All 2007 autos in the USA. Does anyone know if the push button start system will be on the 2007 Azera? If I am not mistaken the 2007 brochure pictures this Start Button on the dashboard, and says "push" & "start" on the button. has anyone else noticed this?
    I was told that the 2007 US Azera will NOT have smart key feature/
    Oooh I think that is bad for the 2007 model year. People are going to come to the dealership, get a brochure and come back home to read it. When they retutn to the dealership this is going to be a negative.
  • jeffaljeffal Member Posts: 28
    I don't know about around the country, but in Illinois the 2007 Azeras have arrived at several dealerships.
    Have you been able to see the 2007 model?
    If so, how does the tire pressure monitor display? Is it a mode setting on the computer display?
  • jeffaljeffal Member Posts: 28
    I have not seen the inside of the 2007 models. I only saw them sitting outside the dealership. The new turn signals on the mirrors look "Mercedes-like" and the gray stitching for the Black interior is a nice touch.
  • tibtuscanitibtuscani Member Posts: 46
    I think its just a warning light bro azera is no audi
    Has anyone been able to determine the actual date on which the 2007 Azera will be released?
  • tibtuscanitibtuscani Member Posts: 46
    2007 Azeras are already at most dealerships
  • zredsoxzredsox Member Posts: 90
    2007 Azeras are already at most dealerships

How do you know this?

Thanks.
    One of the 2007 Azera's most distinguishing exterior features are puddle light diffusers built into the front door-mounted rear view mirrors. 2007 Azeras have been available for about a month.
    Hyundai US and my local dealership claim they do not have a relase date for 2007 Azera.
    Can anyone give me the name of a dealership that has, and is offering to sell a 2007 for immediate delivery? If so, at what price?
  • bryan200kbryan200k Member Posts: 64
    I just checked the five Hyundai dealerships in our tri-state area (SouthCentral PA,Western MD,Northern WV), and none of them have any 2007 Azeras yet. My contact at our in-town dealership said that they are trying to get rid of their 06's and don't yet have an arrival date for their 07's.
    The hyundaiusa website has just posted the 2007 Azera. The puddlelamps on the mirrors can be seen at that website.
  • ycanoycano Member Posts: 2
    In terms of exterior color,
    2007 Siver color is brighter than 2006 silver in Korea.
    They say new silver is much better.
    Does anyone have a clue if it is a possibilty to swap out the '06 Instument Cluster with an '07 (MUCH BETTER); Instrument Cluster.?
    I suspect that the revised instrument cluster module would be a drop-in replacement once you remove the original cluster module, using the same connectors. I also suspect it'll be a fairly pricey component (and I doubt you'll need any hints where the only source will be... ;)). Your new odometer reading would be off, though, unless you arranged to have the dealer reprogram the new one's to your current odometer's reading. (I agree - the new one with "full" speedo and tach gauges looks better even if it doesn't bring additional functionality to the table.) You can probably read access instructions with diagrams in the online Azera shop manual at HMAService.
    I would think that changing the entire instrument cluster might be a fairly costly upgrade.
    Actually, it would display the number which is maintained inside the computer's memory, so the mileage is not going to be reset...

I do believe it would be "pricey" to do so!
  • christy7christy7 Member Posts: 21
    I am thinking of waiting until my local dealer gets in the 07's before purchasing. They still have 6 or 7 06's on the lot, though. I wonder if Hyundai will ship the 07's until all the 06's are gone? I'm really not happy with the color choices that my dealer has on 06's, and I would like to have the updated radio controls that the 07's will have. Just not sure if I can remain patient enough!
    Christy
    )) "Actually, it would display the number which is maintained inside the computer's memory, so the mileage is not going to be reset..." ((

I invested in the shop manual for my '03 Sonata shortly after I purchased the car. Hyundai's way of doing accumulated miles, at least in '03, was to tick off forward-traveled distance in the engine control computer as you suggest, but the readout displayed is permanently entered into local instrument cluster memory to discourage tampering by unscrupulous resellers. I assumed (wrongly, apparently) that this is still the common methodology. The '03 Sonata shop manual details the procedure to advance a new instrument cluster's odometer reading to display the vehicle's accumulated miles in the event the cluster has to be replaced in service due to malfunction, accident, etc.
    )) "I would like to have the updated radio controls that the 07's will have. Just not sure if I can remain patient enough!" ((

I believe previous posts have indicated the updated steering wheel audio controls (station up-down) and the availability of satellite radio in U.S. production Sonatas won't come along until later in the '07 model year. The early edition of of the 2007 Sonata brochure shows no change to the steering wheel audio controls.
    You can do that, but you only get "forward and back" per song, not the complete fix in the '07 models, which allows forward/back with a press, and next cd/previous cd with a 2 second hold of the button. I suppose it is worthwhile. I haven't seen anything about satellite radio, either...
    Passed by the dealer yesterday & saw a row of about 9 2007 & I also saw two 2006 Azera's on the lot. So I think if your dealer has not yet got any in(07 Azera); they be there soon.
    Do you know if they are offering the 2007 for immediate delivery?
  • pcbelizepcbelize Member Posts: 4
    Here is an article stating that the first Hyundai with XM has shipped and that the Azera is in line to get it soon...

XM Radio
  • pcbelizepcbelize Member Posts: 4
    This article taking about Hyundai selling portable GPS units through their dealerships makes me think we won't see a GPS on the Azera anytime soon....

Hyundai Nuvi press release
  • zredsoxzredsox Member Posts: 90
    This article taking about Hyundai selling portable GPS units through their dealerships makes me think we won't see a GPS on the Azera anytime soon....

Hyundai Nuvi press release

I have the Garmin Nuvi navigation system in my Azera. It's really a great little device, screen is easy to see & read while driving and operating it is quite simple as everything is touch-screen technology.

I also like it because its portable and I can use it in either one of my cars. In my Azera, I have it mounted on the compartment cover forward of the shift lever. This way it's not as obvious as up on the top of the dash or on the windshield. It snaps in & out of its holder very easily so there's no need to leave it in the car when it's unattended for long periods of time.

It comes with detail street mapping for North America (Mexico, USA & Canada)
    The problem for the majority of people jumping up and down in eager anticipation of Hyundai making available a factory Nav system isn't that your solution isn't a functional alternative. It's that they want the "kooo-wull", techy appearance of something that's built-in and perhaps even flips up or out of the dash at the touch of a button. Elegant frappery as far as I'm concerned, but for potential Azera buyers who desire such, Hyundai's again been caught flatfooted in the timely bringing of what America's great unwashed masses perceive as "The Next Great Thing" to market on these shores.