Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Pacifica Transmission Problems

Comments

• mrrogersmrrogers Member Posts: 391
    Thanks for your prompt reply. My first experience with the 2007 Pacifica transmission problem occurred this June in Vermont. I flew into Burlington for a sales meeting in Stowe. One of our senior sales engineers picked me up at the Burlington airport in his 2007 base FWD Pacifica company car. It had the 3.8 overhead valve engine and the four speed transmission. Five minutes out of the airport, it began doing its shaking with almost every shift. To make a long story short, Chrysler replaced the car this fall with a 2008 Pacifica Touring at no cost to the company. The Touring has the 4.0 engine with the six speed transmission. I am happy to report that the car is fine.
  • waterdrwaterdr Member Posts: 307
    While you should not be having these types of problems, replacing a converter is really not that big of a deal. If put back together correctly, it will be better then new.
  • juiceman2k6juiceman2k6 Member Posts: 11
    You are correct, BUT if the TC that is put in is still no good then there is still problems. Ours was replaced 2 times and still is screwed up, our service rep finally admitted that there would not be a good TC made to replace these for a long time and offered us a buy back on our car! We had to order us a new 08 Sahara Unlimited in September and it FINALLY arrived at the dealer yesterday, so hopefully we can get it today. Good luck to all!
  • david613david613 Member Posts: 16
    Same story here. We had the TC replaced 2x and it made virtually no difference. Exactly one week ago, we ordered an 08 Town and Country to replace our Pacifica. I would've opted for an 08 PAcifica but with the same engine and trans, I am hesitant. I'm actually looking forward to a vehicle that drives properly.

When in Sept did you order your Sahara?
    Seems like a long time. They told me 6-8 weeks but who knows. :)
  • hotsshotss Member Posts: 9
    Well I have had 2 TC installed in my 07 pac. After the 2nd one, it seemed a little better until I drove up a hill. When going uphill the seems to bog down a little and it seems like it has no idea it has to downshift. To me it still does not feel right. After the holidays I think I am going to bring it in for the 6th time and tell them I have had enough .I am going after the lemon law. I like the car but I have no confidence in it. By the way, after the first tc install, it had been in the shop 3 times already for the same problem, they offered me a 100,000 mile warranty for free. It was the top of the line warranty too. I hate to give that up but what can I do?
  • david613david613 Member Posts: 16
    They offered us the same warranty. It is really no big deal on their part to offer it, so I would advise against taking it. In my opinion, the best way to deal with this is to call Chrysler's 800 # and file a case. Then, call and tell the service manager that you would like to meet with the zone representative. When you meet (I did it over the telephone) they will offer a buy back. Technically, you are going through the lemon law, but because you are dealing solely with Chrysler LLC (b/c you are agreeing to take another Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep vehicle) you won't have to hire an attorney, go to court, etc. Quite honestly Chrysler is very easy to deal with if you follow these steps. They also are very fair with mileage charges. Just don't get rude with people...then they won't listen.
  • frankbjrfrankbjr Member Posts: 7
    Sorry, I have the 07 pacifica with the 3.8 engine and it shudders. And that is after a TC replacement.
  • rhollisrhollis Member Posts: 122
    My 2007 Pacifica Touring 2wd has been to three dealers for a total of something like 34 days since I bought it in late April. Chrysler does not feel that this is abnormal. The most serious problems are, I believe, transmission related. I have been in the repair business for over 40 years so I ought to have some idea what I am talking about. There is always a clunking on startup. Sometimes on startup there is a severe clunking and the engine quits. I feel that it is the torque converter. After the tansmission was supposedly reprogrammed (no underhood sticker as requiredby the feds) the car sometimes lurches along like a new driver with standard shift. Sometimes at about 32mph the car pulses or surges. There are also some right front suspension problems - clunking - and climate control problems. The climate control spent all summer on recirculate contrary to what the owner's manual states and now that it is winter set at 67 degrees, I suddenly get ambient temperature air from somewhere and my feet are always cold. This is also thought to be normal.
  • faroutfarout Member Posts: 1,609
    rhollis: Not being in the vehicle repair business as you have been for a long time, I can't offer you advice in that department. However, perhaps I can offer you some of my experience on getting Chrysler to work for you. Have you called Customer Care at 800 992 1997? Everytime you go to any dealer call them to let them know you are not happy to keep bringing the PAC in for repair. This makes a record that Chrysler has for their records. Question: have you gone back to the dealer you bought it from? You need to let the Service manager know you want it fixed or a Chrysler back back. Call the Selling dealers General Manager the same thing, but add you want the Zone rep ti be called in.
    One very important thing is DO NOT DOWNGRADE ANYONE. Try to give some praise, even if it's small thing. These people are use to being cursed at and put down, and insulted. So kindness more than pays off!
    At some point if you are not already there, the only thing you want is out of this vehicle. If that's you intention then attempt to communicate that in way that is kind but firm. If you have been a long time Chrysler buyer tell them you history with the Chrysler brand. We have had 13 new Chrysler products in 43 years of driving, and I made it known load and clear but in a way that told them I have trust in Chrysler to make things right. Twice once in 1996 and in 2997 Chrysler has replaced a vehicle for us at little or no expense. Brand Loyalty to Chrysler mean a lot.
    As a last resort the Lemon Law is there, but you will take longer and come out with far less than working with Chrysler.
    I hope this helps in some way. Merry Christmas!

farout
    farout
  • 98ddgram150098ddgram1500 Member Posts: 16
    80K and so far its running well.
    When we first got it used with 21K the front end would clunk when you put it in to drive. there was a TSB that made it slightly better, enough to ignore. But this was after they could not find the problem and replaced the haldex box (the AWD transfercase). Actually the second dealership found the issue.
    Then we were getting a lot of rain water in the drivers side and it all pooled up on the floor. there was a TSB for that as well. That fixed the water on the floor problem, but you could literally hear the water sloshing back and forth, brought it back in for that and they fixed it.
    Also, shortly after the very short factory warranty expired the left front end was making a clunking sound, at first I thought it was a loose caliper (just had the brakes done), then maybe a loose strut, or a bad ball joint. Brought it to two local repair shops and no one can figure it out. but oddly if you grease the lower ball joint the sound is gone for a day. all seals and joints are fine. I don't even notice it anymore.
    the center channel speaker is also making noise, like its loose and rattling a little. thats the most irritating sound ever. Heck my 98 ram 1500 makes less cabin noise.
    all in all, we like the car, I would think about getting something else only because its used to commute daily and over 40miles one way, so due to its bad MPG I would not get another. But if you look around the real world numbers on other SUV's are about 18-22 or so. the the pacifica isn't that far off.
  • tdunawaytdunaway Member Posts: 9
    Well, we took the 07 pacifica in for its second torque converter on Wednesday, got the car back Friday am, drove it roughly 50 miles and it began to shudder again at 1800 rpms around 35 mph. :lemon: :lemon: I guess I will have to contact Chrysler again and try to convince them to buy it back. 3000 miles and in the shop 3 times now with 2 new converters, I don't believe they have a fix to the problem. Since I will probably have to buy another Chrysler product I was thinking of the 4 door jeep, the new Liberty, or a Nitro has anyone heard of similar transmission issues on these cars or anything I should be wary of.
  • gthosgthos Member Posts: 15
    Just picked my '07 Pacifica (bought in April) up from the shop again today after being there for 10 days. Finally, after 3-4 previous dealer visits, they replaced the torqure converter at 3800 miles. Also after 4-5 requests for repair for steering noise, they replaced the rack & pinion gears. While it was there the told me that they'd identified a bad radiator and would have to be replaced. Last time, when it had to be towed because of over heating, they said the problem was a broken hose clamp that caused the coolant leakage. The problem became this time in that they couldn't find a radiator.............. Anyway, I've only driven a very few miles today and so far no shuddering and the steering noise is not noticeable at this time.
    My family has owned something like 22 Chrysler products since 1989. I currently own 6 and my daughter and her husband own 2. I tried to go through the arbitration process, but was assigned an arbitrator that I specifically did not request. It was changed but NCDS never told me if the replacement arbitrator could make the appointment, so I did not go. Of course it went on without me or the car and the arbitrator feels that since the dealers say most of the problems withmy car are normal, I lost. I am dropping the car off at the selling dealer tomorrow at the request of a Chrysler attorney and I have told them that I do not want the car back until it is fixed.
    Perhaps they will fix it and the issues will be resolved. That is really bad that they did not let you know for sure there would be a meeting. It is even worse that the dealer was not on your side. Do you still have the lemon Law to turn to? I wonder if the dealer is not even interested in helping you? I would be on the phone with every Chrysler person I could find that would listen to me, and I would call so often that they would have to fix it!

farout
  • johnhenryhoehajohnhenryhoeha Member Posts: 10
    Chrysler Pacifica, SHUTTERING, SPUTTERING, rumble strip noise, what ever you want to call it. This is where the marriage of mercedes and Chrysler, went bad. They have a problem and they know it. The National Transportation Cabinet should have recalled this Car, Crossover, Suv, or [non-permissible content removed] long ago. That's not going to happen now. What will happen is an abundant amount of Chrysler customers are going to say you know what, my favorite Chrysler dealer is collecting a lot of money from false repairs or jury rigs. Chrysler doesn't care, they have the customer off their back.
    Get real people, go to your states Lemon Law web site and read the law. Then search the internet there is a ton of attorneys eager to take your money and Chryslers money. Or we can all line up and let our Favorite Chrysler stick it to them.
    This is incredible. I left my car at the dealer on December 30. I will give them an out for the 31st and 1st. I finally called today after having heard nothing and was told that a technician (that is questionable) was just going to drive it and "I gave him your list. I will call you back today." Never happened.
    Go to other vehicles on the forum lists. Every vehicle made has some vehicles that come out a mess. I am very pleased with our Pacifica. I am very sorry that the dealer is such a screw up. Try calling Chrysler at 800 992 1997. This has worked for me.

farout
    I really like the Pacifica, that is why I bought one. Isimply cannot affod to have $28,000 sitting idle in my driveway or at the dealership while I am still paying for it. It has not been about 50 days at various dealerships since I bought it on April 27.
    Our Pacifica is going in again on Monday the 14th, after the second torque converter it still shifts all over the place and shudders at 1800 rpm. They are trying to tell me that the computer is rejecting the tsb code that should fix the problem. I think I am more mad that they think I'm an idiot and will grab there stories. I sent my "Last Chance Letter" from the lemon law last week so Monday's deal should be the last option for them. The pacifica is a beautiful car but I'm totally over it. I have been very patient and nice to customer care I relize being nasty won't get me anywhere but this is tuff. I post after Monday to let everyone know what happens.
  • faschulzfaschulz Member Posts: 52
    My pacifica is at the dealer this time I took it to the Dodge dealer that was taking care of my previous cars this time at the test drive Diego my mecanic felt the shuddering right away and also all the things that the car does, the car still there they told me that the engine mounts were bad they cahnge two and something with the wires, I'll keep you informed on what happend.

nice car bad quality control.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    Have you considered speaking with a lemon-law lawyer? It varies by state to state, but in some, a certain number of days in the shop over a certain time period qualifies.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• bulldozerbulldozer Member Posts: 31
    Well, my wife owns an 07 PAC Touring with 16,600 miles. We bought it with 14,500 miles and have had absolutely no drivability issues at all. I liked hers so much that I purchased one similar to hers, an 07 Touring with 11,233 miles on it. Since I purchased it, I have noted similar problems to the ones mentioned here. On acceleration and at highway speeds, the car pulls hard to the right. Put it in neutral at any speed, and the pull disappears. It clunks into any gear, especially park. When taking off from a stop, it seems to "clunk" and the trans slips for just a split second, emiting a noticable popping noise. Going over mild bumps seems to upset the front end a bit, and I notice a LOT of loud popping noises in the right front end. NONE of these problems exist with the wife's PAC. I did CARFAX reports on BOTH vehicles before I purchased them, and both came back squeaky clean. I did notice under the hood that there is a sticker informing the TC had been replaced, but CARFAX did not have this issue reported. I already have made an appointment to have my PAC diagnosed at the selling dealership, but I really hope I don't experience the same horror stories I have heard of here. I really like my PAC, but there is a difference between mine and the one my wife drives! Will post with results of service visit later.
    Has anyone checks the engine mounts? After the torque Converter replacement I have noticed that the drivers side mount is either loose or damaged. My dealer is fixing it on the 18th. It is entirely possible that a bad batch of mounts came to Chrysler. We noticed when I came to a quick stop we heard a thud, sounding like the transmission but after opening the hood I pushed on the front end. The park brake was not on, and when I pushed on the front end I saw the engine move and heard the thud. Maybe this could be your solution, perhaps.

farout
    I really have no idea what anyone has checked because the dealers keep saying that there is nothing wrong with my car. I have been in the auto repair business for 40 years, so I have some idea what I am talking about. My car is currently at the dealer where it has been for two weeks. I called on Thursday and was told that they would call me back later that day. I am glad that I am not holding my breath.
    They just change both front and rear engine mounts and the roughness of my car it's gone still shuddering but you feel it less, I beleive that there is a lot of problems with that because they were in back order, by the way this time I took my car to a Dodge dealer that was taking care of my previus chrysler town & country and they felt right away all the problems, try another dealer, I'll keep you posted.
    I took my car back to te selling dealer at the request of a Chrysler attorney. Even though they seem to be keeping me in the dark, I am certain that at some point they will tell me to pick up my car. It has now been at various dealerships for about 50 days since I purchased it on April 27.
    Hey thanks for the information. Like the guy said I'll hold my breath, yeah right.
    Having been in the auto business, I amaware of the fact that sometimes we get a bit behind. I have never, however, left my customers hanging. If they drop thecar off when we are closed, call them in the morning to discuss their vehicle with them. I always keep them up to speed on what is going on. If there will be a delay of a few days for parts, I let them know. We pick up and deliver and I have even gone o far as to loan some people my personal car. If Chrysler doesany of that, it has been kept a secret. My customers are not paying me $28,000, but it would seem that they are getting better service. I must be doing something wrong.
    Having been in the auto business, I am aware of the fact that sometimes we get a bit behind. I have never, however, left my customers hanging. If they drop the car off when we are closed, I call them in the morning to discuss their vehicle with them. I always keep them up to speed on what is going on. If there will be a delay of a few days for parts, I let them know. We pick up and deliver and I have even gone so far as to loan some people my personal car. If Chrysler does any of that, it has been kept a secret. My customers are not paying me $28,000, but it would seem that they are getting better service. I must be doing something wrong.
    Can't understand what you are trying to tell us. I went back and read all, of your postings and still don't know???
    Thanks! I will have to check the mounts in the morning. I was thinking on those same lines. And that also could cause the car to pull because the motor could be tourqed in that direction when accelerating. I hope it is that simple!
    Sunday evening, the district manager for chrysler just called, tomorrow when we take the 07 Pacifica in for the 4th time on the shudder as scheduled he wants to replace the torque converter again. Number 3 now. Said that the computer sometimes doesnt accept the new code properly and wants to start over. Also told me they want to drive it about 1400 miles to rebreak it in. I dont think I am comfortable letting a stranger drive my car 1400 miles even if it is a :lemon: .. He also told me that the rattle on the right side is probably a ty-rode that they have been replacing them left and right recently sounds like safe craftsmanship here. :sick: I am all for them replacing the converter one more time since but the driving seems a bit weird, :confuse: I think I am going to refuse that and just let him no to take it in stride with the lemon law.... any opinions out there ?????
  • rondyrondy Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone put regular gas in their Pacifica? I've had mine for a couple of months. The gas mileage sucks - I did not do my homework on this before buying the car. A lot of people with bigger vehicles than this one use 87. Also, anyone using any additives to boost the octane levels. Thanks.
  • rondyrondy Member Posts: 4
    I have a friend that offers some tablets to put in your gas tank to boost your octane but haven't tried it yet. I'm afraid to put anything in my tank in the event I have some problems down the line and it messes with the warranty. I am using mid-grade gas in my vehicle since it has it in the book. What kind of gas do you use.
    I use 87 in mine and that is the only area where the car does OK. I get around 24 on the road and over 16 in the city. It is about the same as my 2002 T&C with 113000 miles.
    I got a call from the dealership service department today. My Pac DID have a right front motor mount broken. The part is on order and it should be fixed by Friday of this week. However, I am being told that the pull to the right under acceleration is just normal torque steer. I replied that my wife's identical 07 Pac did not exhibit the pull like mine did, and that still didn't explain the shudder at 35-45 mph. I was told they would check it after they changed out the motor mount. They are to call me when it is ready to be picked up. When they call me, I plan to tell them that it would be useless for me to pick it up if it still pulls to the right and shudders. I would simply return it to them until it stops. I have known the service manager and technician that are working on my car for many years. In fact, I used to work with them at the servicing dealership before it changed owners years ago, so I really don't expect any problems. I will definitely post all findings and results here when I get them.
    By the way, I went to check the trans fluid before I took it in to the shop, but there is no dipstick! I was told the only way to check it was to bring it in and they could test it with a computer. And yes, it is true that it requires a "special" trans fluid in order to operate properly. Yikes! Well, we'll see how it goes.....
  • genniphurgenniphur Member Posts: 3
    I have read all 192 messages on the board and I am now ready to post. :)

Bought my Pacifica late March of 2007. The car has always had a hesitation upon acceleration. A hesitation to the point that when it finally kicks into gear it roasts the tires. Then when you would come to a stop it would clunk down into first gear. The problem got worse as time rolled on. It also squeaks like an old bed when you turn left or right, but not every time. There was a piece of the body above the driver's side door that moved out of place. Occasionally have had slight trouble starting the car. Took the car into the dealer in November for the above complaints and to have the oil changed the tires rotated. They kept the car just shy of two weeks - they changed the oil, rotated the tires, fixed the piece above the door (known issue according to them) and acknowledged the transmission problems (but not the squeaking problems). Unfortunately the dealership recently changed hands and they did not have a transmission specialist available, so they recommended I take it to another dealership. Waited until after the holidays.

Took the car to the next dealership last Thursday. They finally called today to tell us that it had a broken motor mount which they had had to order the part for and were replacing today, but they couldn't verify any of those transmission problems. My husband, who is a mechanic told them that the motor mount in all probability was broken by the clunking transmission. Anyway, they said they would have the transmission guy drive it again after they replaced the motor mount. My husband said that lose motor mounts could cause the transmission to clunk but he was skeptical.

Then I came here tonight. Seems I have the beginnings of a nightmare. I do not feel what people are describing as a shudder, but the hesitation in my transmission is to the point of being dangerous. I live off of an open access highway and at some times of day you have to quickly cross the highway and that hesitation makes you wonder if you are going to make it across. It also is slightly embarrassing to be peeling out all the time - not to mention the wear and tear on the tires. I've gotten so used to having to soft-pedal this car it is a pleasure driving the Stratus our original dealership has loaned us while the second dealership works on the car.

No mechanics have mentioned a torque converter - in fact during the original shop visit the service manager contacted STAR who I guess tells the mechanics how to make repairs on the vehicles and there was no mention of a TSB for a TC. In fact, the service manager called Chrysler and they tried to blow him off, and he told them our car was dangerous to drive. He'd peeled out all over town while test driving it. He did tell me he thought the car shifted very fast. Since that visit I think it shifts harder.

Anyone experience my problems?

jen R
    Pretty much the same problems. Car starts out in some indeterminate gear sometimes and then slams down into 1st. I cannot believe that this is either safe or good for the car. My daughters drive the car and they are scared by it. I believe that most of my problems are transmission/torque converter related, but the dealer and an arbitrator say that they are normal. My car has now been at the dealer since Dec. 30. I called on Jan. 10 and was told that they were just starting on it and I would get a call back later that day. Here it is a week later and I have heard nothing. I think that this is called Five Star Customer Service.
    I have to agree with your husband. I don't see how motor mounts just simply "break" all by themselves. I believe I do have a trans problem similar to the ones mentioned in these posts. I KNOW that something is wrong because my wife has an identical 07 Pac Touring just like mine, only mine has 6000 LESS miles on it. We experience no problems at all with hers. So for a dealership service department to tell me my problems are "normal" is completely unacceptable. I plan to pursue whatever means necessary to get the problems fixed. I didn't purchase my Pac to have it sit in a shop while I make the payments! And yours certainly should take a priority as it sounds unsafe to drive. Good luck, and keep us posted.
    It’s me again, I just received my 07 Spring special edition from the shop yesterday it is about the same they change front and rear engine mounts but the mechanical part still the same still shudder and harsh down shift when you go to 20Mph and make a complete stop it down shifts hard and fells that the engine moves a lot no wonder that the engine mounts breaks, they told me that they did their best?
    Still feel something but that's normal???
    My concern now is Chrysler is saying that all the wrong behavior is normal and we have to make payments on a new car that we all know are not working as it should .
    At one time I was proud to have my Chrysler cars those nice 99 and 2001 town&country that never gave me any problem I miss them.
    Welcome to the club. It seems that the standard answer is that substandard performance is normal. I might keep my 2002 T&C forever.
    :mad: :mad: :lemon: I am picking up the 07 PC tomorrow from the dealership. They have had it since monday 4 days doing several tests, the service manager drove it and felt the shudder at 55 for a split second but that was the only time the :sick: peace of **!! would act up. The area representative said that there is nothing they can do and since theyre computer did not pick up on the shudder the fact that the service manager felt it, it still didn't count. He told me that the car driving issues is normal. Yea, normal for the pacifica's :lemon: not normal for quality cars, I hate the little monkey thinking I'm an idiot. I am signing the papers for the lemon law attorney on Tuesday, just want a different car (not a PC or Mini van) they all have the same issues from what I've read. I'll keep everyone informed on what happens. Tim
    I picked up my car today after 17 days at the dealer. Even though I made it extremely clear that they had to drive it to see what the problems were, they drove it only 20 miles. To repair a clunk in the right front they replaced sway bar bushings; still clunked; right strut; still clunked; steering rackk; clunk gone they say. Clunks now worse than ever before - only from the right front.
    The shudder on start up is still there and the climate control problems are still there. The corporate answer is "Problem not experienced". I doubt that it will be of any use, but I will be calling Chrysler as soon as I have the time.
    It is such a joy to have a car that you really like and hate at the same time.
    :blush: Those of you who are fortunate enough ie. smart enough to file a :lemon: law suit will unfortunately have to sign a non disclosure pact with Chrysler. We will never know the outcome of your suit. For now, thanks for the ride and when you see me next time it wont be driving a Pacifica. Bye :shades:
  • mrrogersmrrogers Member Posts: 391
    I have a 2006 Pacifica FWD Base that I will need to replace in a couple of months. It appears that all of the posts on this site for transmission problems are 2007 Pacificas. Can one assume that all of the 2008's on the dealers' lots are okay? I realize that production stopped at the end of November 2007, so there will only be a limited number of 2008's available.
    There seem to be a fair number of new 2007's available. Does anyone know if there is a certain date of manufacture or certain VIN number that indicates that the 2007 Pacifica has the revised torque convertor?
    The Dodge Grand Caravan and Chrysler Town and Country are built on the same assembly line that the Pacifica was built on. They even share a couple of the same engines. Can one assume that the 2008 minivans will not have the transmission problem? The Wall Street Journal tested a black Town and Country on their website and gave it a great review.
    I went to pick up my Pac today, and to my suprise, it seems to be doint OK right now. According to the warranty invoice, they replaced the right front motor mount. They also "flashed" and reprogrammed the transmission control module. It is almost like driving a different car. Most if not all of the clunking is gone, and the trans shifts smoother even when coming to a stop. No more popping when shifting from park into drive or reverse. The only thing I notice is the pull to the right. Although it is much less noticable, it is still there, but not as bad as it was. I hope a simple front end alignment will take care of this problem.
    The car drives very much like my wife's Pac now. It really made a big difference when I was riding around with a broken motor mount. Every bump I hit, the front end would rattle. Now, all is pretty much quiet. Well, I'll drive it for a while and see how it does. Then I will let everyone know if the mystery "clunk and pop" returns or stays away. I'm just curious to know what caused the motor mount to break. For now, I remain hopeful that most of the problem has been solved.
  • rhtransrhtrans Member Posts: 84
    No it is not safe to assume that. I think With the financial troubles of chrysler they probably did not develope a new clutch material for there torque converters as They have been using the same trans design since 89 which is actually a good design after they revised it 17 times but there TC clutches have always suffered. They haven't changed anything in 18 years. Whether in a fullsize truck or mamas minivan, doesn't matter. If you do decide to get one, keep the fluid changed every 15-20,000 miles and pray it lasts...just kidding..not all of them failed..lol.
    Just know this..when they developed their o/d transmissions for trucks sometime around '90 they simply took the same design from '65 and stuck an o/d section on the back with a solenoid to turn it on, wasn't much innovation...lol
    I have 9,200 miles on our 07 PAC AWD Touring. I have only used 87 except for 2 tanks. I actually got LESS mpg on the higher mid grade. If you are using ANY fuel that is "E" rated fuel (E-10) it DOES make for less mpg. This engine is well designed and only if you are at high altitudes or are pulling a trailer would yoy ever consider the mid grade. Using mid grade can heat up the engine more.

Hope this helps,
    farout
    I believe you are mistaken. This 6 speed trans, used with the PAC AWD is a borg Warner (sp). At least that's what Alpair.com says.

farout